New Level Cap 99?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new level cap 99?
new level cap 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23
By volkom 2010-03-03 10:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Lol, you guys are over concerned and being very judgemental in your speculations of whats going to happen. We don't know for certain how things will be played out by SE. Who knows what could happen with any job. For all we know they'll throw in utsusemi: san for ninja. give cor auto-barrage cuz they use hexaguns, give drk more and better absorb spells along with melee draining capabilities without using 2hr. Rdm will beable to solo near everything. and samurai ws'ing every 3~4 hits or aoe ws's that hit as hard as tachi:gekko. thing we don't know whats going to happen. so in the mean time. just strap your seatbelt on and hang on. because FFXI is going to an all new level
 Ramuh.Zangada
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-03 10:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kraytos said:
Siren.Talonn said:
everything will be compensated for w
i agree talonn, people that think the game will be broken or that se hasn't thought of most things to fix are r-tards and should probably just stop giving their opinions...at least on a public forum

People that think this game will be fine and that se dose anything right are idiots and should stop giving their opinions.
[+]
By volkom 2010-03-03 12:00:16
Link | Citer | R

lol SE owns one of the longest running video game franchises ever. they must be doing something right lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 12:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:
People that think this game will be fine and that se dose anything right are idiots and should stop giving their opinions.
You're one to talk. Also what Volkom said. SE has to be doing something right for FFXI to have lasted this long, I doubt it will just implode over the coming months.
[+]
By volkom 2010-03-03 12:23:28
Link | Citer | R

I was talking to my roommate late last night. Since it seems very likely that this year will see host the last major additions/adjustments/improvements to FFXI. And this is now a pretty old on-going mmorpg...and apparently I read in a different thread that theres going to be multiple mog-bonanzas this year. What If SE just gave everyone one relic/mythic weapon of their choosing for showing out dedication lol? how nuts would that be
 Siren.Narayan
Serveur: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-03-03 12:30:11
Link | Citer | R

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20039015&postcount=651
Mandoric said:
I felt like tling the Famitsu interview. I should probably put this somewhere of my own, but I don't have that.

-- It's been six and a half years since the last increase to level cap. Are you planning more "Limit Break" quests (quests which increase the level cap)?

Matsui: We don't plan on having quests like the previous ones. I guess we do need to continue them somehow, but we plan on lowering the difficulty. Raising the level cap changes up the balance and is tough on the adventurers. Thus if they can just go and release it--. It's not like we do it to be mean (laugh).

-- You say you'll be raising the level cap step by step. What will the next cap be?

Matsui: We'll start with 80. It's been a long time since we set the cap to 75, so we want to make lots of changes level by level on the way to 80. We haven't decided whether to raise by 5s or 10s after that.

-- Once the level cap is removed, will the current HNM (an abbreviation for "high-level notorious monster", monsters designed to be fought by many players at once) be adjusted?

Matsui: We're considering not making major changes. We don't think it's bad that the fierce enemies and endgame content up to now can be taken on with fewer players. Instead, we plan to add new enemies to fit the new level cap.

-- With the increase in level cap comes an increase in support job level cap. Powerful magics and abilities like Refresh and Convert will become usable without having to be one's specialties. Are you planning to adjust their effect when used as a support job?

Matsui: Personally, I like the idea of getting Refresh from a support job. I'd like to see Red Mage gain an even stronger Refresh, making battles even more flashy as he tells everyone to "Go for it! Spam your magic!".

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

* About the expansion battle area "Abyssea"

-- You can get the third type of job-specific equipment ("AF3") in Abyssea, but will you need to buy all three Abysseas to get it all?

Ito: You can get it all from a single package. Depending on which you have, different materials will be available for "Magian's Trials", and its objectives will differ.

-- What are the major differences between the three packages?

Tanaka: They each contain different areas, and the monsters that appear are different. You can choose between them according to your goals.

Ito: Unlike Dynamis, a single area one must reserve, Abyssea can be entered freely by anyone. It can even be soloed.

* About "Final Fantasy XIV"

-- You announced "Final Fantasy XIV"'s α and β test participants, but can you give us a solid date?

Tanaka: They will be displayed on the β tester site that goes live March 11th. We're currently making major adjustments, so the dates may change one way or the other.

-- How long will the α test be?

Tanaka: That depends on the response from the testers.

-- The cheers were quite impressive when you announced the "FFXIV" β test. How did that feel?

Kawamoto: I was overjoyed. I didn't expect them to cheer that loud. (laughs)
By volkom 2010-03-03 12:32:20
Link | Citer | R

omg. giant wall of text T_T my eyes. wasnt that posted earlier?
 Siren.Narayan
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-03-03 12:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Was it? lol my bad if so. Didn't see the wall when skimming pages I didn't fully read.
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-03 13:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Zangada said:
You're one to talk. Also what Volkom said. SE has to be doing something right for FFXI to have lasted this long, I doubt it will just implode over the coming months.

Since u didnt get it ill explain it, it was more of a contradicting statement. Its ok for his opinion and to tell everyone esle to stop but when i post the opposite statement its not ok.

But thank you for proving my point.
 Sylph.Landyr
Serveur: Sylph
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-03-04 01:37:14
Link | Citer | R

My biggest issue here isn't a new lvl cap, that could be cool and instesting with new spells and abilities. My big issue is what happens to all those ppl that spent he's and he's on merits. How will merits be incorporated? Hate to see all that effort by others going down the tubes. On the plus side 6 man farming run in dyna at lvl 99.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-03-04 02:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Well my question is:

why would ppl still do Dyna, Limbus etc to get Lv 75 gear when the new Cap is 99? I guess there will be a lot better gear available - maybe not at the start but at a later time.

I think a few months after the release ppl wont even bother about the "old" events anymore. Or maybe just low-men farm dyna etc to get the gear for exp parties :P (like Artifact Armors nowadays)
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-04 02:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Well my question is:

why would ppl still do Dyna, Limbus etc to get Lv 75 gear when the new Cap is 99? I guess there will be a lot better gear available - maybe not at the start but at a later time.

I think a few months after the release ppl wont even bother about the "old" events anymore. Or maybe just low-men farm dyna etc to get the gear for exp parties :P (like Artifact Armors nowadays)
This is what most people are thinking. However, augmenting rare/ex weapons and armor is an option through the new set of missions coming out. And dynamis will always be done for relics if not some AF that is still very usable (IE RDM hat, etc.) Old content hasn't really died through the years, look at HNMs people still do Fafnir after how many years? Always stuff people want regardless i guess.

*Note: AF2 hasn't been officially announced as being augmentable to but considering that relics/mythics are augmentable it may be safe to say so.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-03-04 04:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Well, in that case it makes sense to go on doing dyna... altho I think there will be a lot less ppl doing it.

I guess I'll reactivate my IDs in June :p just to check out the new addons.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-04 05:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Zangada said:

they been doing sum good single player games thats whats they are doing right.

:P FFXI isn't a Huge *** success compared to other mmo numb#
 Ifrit.Keeria
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-04 05:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I'd say given how old it is and how well it continues to do, it is hugely successful.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-04 05:26:16
Link | Citer | R

hehe im not saying its a failure but its deff not a huge success

its in the mid range somewhere
 Pandemonium.Freelot
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Freelot
By Pandemonium.Freelot 2010-03-04 05:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
ppl wont even bother about the "old" events anymore.

I'm sure some people will still be working on relics / wanting to upgrade the original relics. Even if new ones do come out. Thus still needing Dynamis to fund said relic.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-04 06:16:53
Link | Citer | R

dragon and vampire are pretty pimp - hope they drop something worth it for a change :\
 Ifrit.Nanasai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Nanasai
By Ifrit.Nanasai 2010-03-04 06:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Ack @ the big slime o.o; Fluid toss +5 >.>;

That Faerie looks amazing :D!
 Kujata.Segaia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-04 07:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Nanasai said:
Ack @ the big slime o.o; Fluid toss 5 >.>;

That Faerie looks amazing :D!

Must be titanias hot sister... there always is a hot sister!
[+]
 Odin.Southie
Serveur: Odin
user: Southie
By Odin.Southie 2010-03-05 18:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Nothing lasts forever ;;. But at least it will bring a spark to my favorite game...until everyone has all jobs 99 ect. ONE LAST HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before SE flips the switch , they're making sure to go out with a BURSTGA XI. They might as well make a PVP server for some of us exhibitionists... now that would be fun...
 Remora.Ezzi
Serveur: Remora
user: Ezzi
By Remora.Ezzi 2010-03-09 23:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Finally people will want my sch xD hastega :)
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-03-11 02:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Does that mean RDM gets Hastega too then? Or will SE disable Accession as SJ ability? XD
 Odin.Kraytos
Serveur: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2010-03-11 07:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Zangada said:

Since u didnt get it ill explain it, it was more of a contradicting statement. Its ok for his opinion and to tell everyone esle to stop but when i post the opposite statement its not ok.

But thank you for proving my point.

quote war! what i meant was that many people are taking this way too far and how they communicate on this forum is that they know what's best for ffxi. i'm just trying to point out the obvious to the oblivious--se is doing pretty well for themselves and have held a moderate sized fan base, (i believe it's still second to wow) for quite a while and i'm sure they wouldn't rush into this without doing their research
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-11 07:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Does that mean RDM gets Hastega too then? Or will SE disable Accession as SJ ability? XD
I hope not. And refreshga!!! And enspell2ga... er wait nvm.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-11 07:52:27
Link | Citer | R

lol @ taru vs giant crab

the fairy looks awesome, vampire looks cool, of course another dragon and GIANT FLAN!!!!!! WOOT!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23