Why Dont Lv75 Pld's Sync Down To 55+?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-11 17:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
wow this thread still alive

it has nothing to do about being "mediocre" its about helping other players

so my post wasn't helpful? he specifically asked me and i told him generally what he should do, and included some specific gear.

sorry, if you fulltime gear as a paladin in the later levels, you're mediocre at best, no matter how many warm fuzzy truisms you bring in about it being your 12.95, it only being a game, playing to have fun, etc.

being good at what you do is fun, watching dd's take the hate over and over again and knowing you are failing at your job is the opposite of fun
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-11 17:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah PLD is perhaps the one class that swaps for everything. Supertank, MP recovery, MDB, enmity, healing, TPing, WSes with numerous conditions, job ability swaps, -interruption etc.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-11 17:16:56
Link | Citer | R

i think good blm's and rdm's swap for nearly everything too?

i could be mistaken though, i don't play either job and don't pretend to know much about them
 Cerberus.Inglorion
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-04-12 14:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i could be mistaken though, i don't play either job and don't pretend to know much about them

It sadens me that some of the PLD on my server that main PLD in the big HNM ls's don't swap gear....
 Cerberus.Janay
user: janay
By Cerberus.Janay 2010-04-12 14:37:49
Link | Citer | R

That don't go for all 75 PLDs. My seacom is always "Level Sync Anything Yes, Please". Yes, even in the Dunes.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Serveur: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-12 14:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Atm I am leveling paladin to cap shield on rdm and parry on blu so level syncing doesnt realy help me in that goal
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-12 14:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i got RDM BLM and PLD
crap ton of gear swaps and can only carry 1 of each job on me at a time if i want to be able to lot stuff or hold pops when popping as PLD

PLD i have to know what were doing b4 hand because i cant fit my full fire resist set if i bring everything else, so if we doing ks99 "wyrm" only time i grab it over a set i dont need in that situation

Diabolos.Torazalinto
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-04-14 09:29:16
Link | Citer | R

If I bring "everything" My PLD might use I sit at about 55/70 in my moggie bag. And that's just gear alone.And I don't have everything I need yet to complete the basics for each "set" of gear an EG PLD might use. So I know what Krazyrs means about the inventory cramp. I tend to keep both my BLU and PLD gear on hand at the same time. The job I'm on is in my moggie bag and the one I'm not is in satchel. Though, honestly, I need to redo my organizational paradigm. There's two big reasons why some PLD's wont swap even in an EG situation. 1. They lack windower making it hard to do visible gear swaps in high lag situations. 2. Stubborn *** mages wont use <stpt> or <stal>.

For the first issue there really isn't anything to be done about it and you'll almost never see these guys swapping visible gear. Simply because it will actually throw their timing off for JA's and spells if they tried to swap for everything. Some will however attempt to at least swap accessories which wont cause you to blink or really any lag and they're only missing out on swapping 5 pieces of gear. As for the second issue this is mostly a fear of being left out to dry by their healers and I don't begrudge them for not swapping because of it. And mages simply need to adapt to the new gameplay features that are available. There is no reason the tank party mage needs to be curing random DD party members so fast that they need a macro set up to cure outside the party. The DD party has it's healer for a reason.

Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-14 10:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Inglorion said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

It sadens me that some of the PLD on my server that main PLD in the big HNM ls's don't swap gear....
ha I hope that's a joke.

Last time I checked the bare minimum for a PLD was an idle set, a haste set and an enmity set
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-04-14 10:23:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:
Cerberus.Inglorion said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i think good blm's and rdm's swap for nearly everything too? i could be mistaken though, i don't play either job and don't pretend to know much about them
ha I hope that's a joke. Last time I checked the bare minimum for a PLD was an idle set, a haste set and an enmity set

As long as a PLD can stay alive, keep hate, and ultimately the ls can take down the HNM they can tank naked for all I care. Not sure why you are butt hurt about people supposedly not swapping gear.
 Phoenix.Atikin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Atikin
By Phoenix.Atikin 2010-04-14 11:42:45
Link | Citer | R

A lot of PLD's say that they don't swap equip, because healer lose target when they want to cure. A bad excuse IMO.

But back to topic: I will accept almost every level sync (if they have a reasonable setup).

You wont get invites to a meripo anyway. So if your skills are cap and you don't want to do campaign why not sync down to any level? :)
 Asura.Akamatzu
Serveur: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2010-05-07 16:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
No Atonement :x

enough said.