A Time For Change In My Life. Need Some Opinions Or Thoughts Please! [Navy]

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » A time for change in my life. Need some opinions or thoughts please! [Navy]
A time for change in my life. Need some opinions or thoughts please! [Navy]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-20 18:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Hey Clin! I appreciate the advice you've given me in this forum, so I'll give you a lil boot camp advice.

First off, congratulations on both your marriage and enlisting. They are both major steps to a happier life (usually... lol). In your basic training try to keep your head down man. When I was in basic training, we had a soldier whom the drill sergeants didn't even know was in the class until a week before graduation. He did his job right lol. Blend in with the scenery and do as instructed and you'll do just fine. You gave out advice to me on Samurai and such pretty diligently and that means you put a lot of effort into this game for fun, and that shows good determination. Just apply it to your next step in life and I'm sure you'll do just fine mate. And you picked a nice job. It transitions well into civilian life, if you find you're not a "lifer" lol.

I wish you all of the best mate. And from a Disabled Veteran to a newly sworn in soldier /salute \^^

That comment means a lot to me and i appreciate it :)

/salute
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-20 18:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
oh well
they got themselves behind the bullet

don't get me wrong

i don't blame the guy

if i were in his position i'd do the same if a foreign force attempted to invade and then occupy my country

it's just that my empathy does not extend to letting him shoot me
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-20 18:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Hey Clin! I appreciate the advice you've given me in this forum, so I'll give you a lil boot camp advice.

First off, congratulations on both your marriage and enlisting. They are both major steps to a happier life (usually... lol). In your basic training try to keep your head down man. When I was in basic training, we had a soldier whom the drill sergeants didn't even know was in the class until a week before graduation. He did his job right lol. Blend in with the scenery and do as instructed and you'll do just fine. You gave out advice to me on Samurai and such pretty diligently and that means you put a lot of effort into this game for fun, and that shows good determination. Just apply it to your next step in life and I'm sure you'll do just fine mate. And you picked a nice job. It transitions well into civilian life, if you find you're not a "lifer" lol.

I wish you all of the best mate. And from a Disabled Veteran to a newly sworn in soldier /salute \^^

/salute

out of curiosity do you remember your GT score?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-20 18:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

/salute

out of curiosity do you remember your GT score?
Sadly i don't think i do... i just know i scored highest in Nuclear and electronics... everything else was kinda middle/average.

I'll take a look in my Navy folder when i get back to the office next weekened and write down my scores.
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
oh well

don't get me wrong

i don't blame the guy

if i were in his position i'd do the same if a foreign force attempted to invade and then occupy my country

CREEEPYYYYYY

even if its what you had to do
doesnt it kinda change you a little inside

idk im too emotional
i would feel guilty at the end of the day
even if it's for survival and what not :/

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-20 18:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
oh well

don't get me wrong

i don't blame the guy

CREEEPYYYYYY

idk im too emotional

Also darki thanks for the comments and i think the reason you flamed/trolled those other guys is the way they went about telling/explaining reasons for joining.

"Thanks bye" is a pretty shitty way to start a thread about leaving for the military lol.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-20 18:17:00
Link | Citer | R

gl with life clin!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 18:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
oh well they got themselves behind the bullet
don't get me wrong

i don't blame the guy

Yeah. It's just the natural outcome. Often niether you nor the people you are fighting are neccessarily bad guys or in the wrong but survival and the survival of those around you is more important than the enemies. It's a shame but people die in war.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
oh well

don't get me wrong

i don't blame the guy

CREEEPYYYYYY

idk im too emotional

Also darki thanks for the comments and i think the reason you flamed/trolled those other guys is the way they went about telling/explaining reasons for joining.

"Thanks bye" is a pretty shitty way to start a thread about leaving for the military lol.

basicly
and because because most *** ive met from the military are the way i described.....!

but i dont generalize, I just think most of them are (haha) that way.

and it was more like

"THANKS BYE

rank whatever whatever from something something general blah"

are chu gonna kill people too?
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-20 18:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
don't get me wrong i don't blame the guy if i were in his position i'd do the same if a foreign force attempted to invade and then occupy my country it's just that my empathy does not extend to letting him shoot me
CREEEPYYYYYY even if its what you had to do doesnt it kinda change you a little inside idk im too emotional i would feel guilty at the end of the day even if it's for survival and what not :/

if you know you'd do the same thing in his position why are you even over there!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
don't get me wrong i don't blame the guy if i were in his position i'd do the same if a foreign force attempted to invade and then occupy my country it's just that my empathy does not extend to letting him shoot me
CREEEPYYYYYY even if its what you had to do doesnt it kinda change you a little inside idk im too emotional i would feel guilty at the end of the day even if it's for survival and what not :/

if you know you'd do the same thing in his position why are you even over there!

i wouldnt join the military to keel people!

i would probably do it to be on other areas,

but if i really had no choice like if it was the last resort to feed my kid then... ugh. I guess I'd join but hide in a hole while I'm at war.

besides I would spend too much time thinking about killing my first victim, by the time i decide to do it ill be dead.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 18:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
basicly and because because most *** ive met from the military are the way i described.....! but i dont generalize, I just think most of them are (haha) that way. and it was more like "THANKS BYE rank whatever whatever from something something general blah" are chu gonna kill people too?
Generally only the higher ranked people who don't get out cause they can't deal with rl are generally like you described.

I mean look at all the military or exmilitary people on this thread (most of the posters I think lol) how many of them are like that.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
basicly and because because most *** ive met from the military are the way i described.....! but i dont generalize, I just think most of them are (haha) that way. and it was more like "THANKS BYE rank whatever whatever from something something general blah" are chu gonna kill people too?
Generally only the higher ranked people who don't get out cause they can't deal with rl are generally like you described.

I mean look at all the military or exmilitary people on this thread (most of the posters I think lol) how many of them are like that.

/cough
I don't want to mention someone!
but thats just going personal.

and my ex fiancee was like that thou. :< see where my hate comes from...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 18:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
i wouldnt join the military to keel people! i would probably do it to be on other areas, but if i really had no choice like if it was the last resort to feed my kid then... ugh. I guess I'd join but hide in a hole while I'm at war. besides I would spend too much time thinking about killing my first victim, by the time i decide to do it ill be dead.
Yeah I remember there was a guy that refused because he had become a pacifist or something. I think they court martialled him
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 18:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

/cough
You better not be referrring to me!!!!

Your hate should be for your fianance not one thing he was. I mean you don't hate men now do you?
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-20 18:28:41
Link | Citer | R

I wouldnt join the military if I were a woman either!

"According to NPR, “In 2003, a survey of female veterans found that 30 percent said they were raped in the military. A 2004 study of veterans who were seeking help for post-traumatic stress disorder found that 71 percent of the women said they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving. And a 1995 study of female veterans of the Gulf and earlier wars, found that 90 percent had been sexually harassed.”

Kind of hard not to describe desensitized "soldiers" as beasts :s
 Siren.Temeraire
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 18:29:41
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
i wouldnt join the military to keel people! i would probably do it to be on other areas, but if i really had no choice like if it was the last resort to feed my kid then... ugh. I guess I'd join but hide in a hole while I'm at war. besides I would spend too much time thinking about killing my first victim, by the time i decide to do it ill be dead.

Just got back from reading that other thread. It sounds like you have met some real *** lol. And what CLinpachi said earlier about that thread is true.

BTW, I went through Katrina, and I honestly believe the US Military is the greatest humanitarian organization in the world. And for the record, lolFEMA is fail. MREs are the greatest thing ever invented. I would probably feel the same way about hospital ships if I had needed those to live, too.

I'm one of those "perhaps 70%" who can't pass a MEPS physical...my eyesight was too poor. I wasn't some loser either...I was going to give up a scholarship to enlist in the Navy.

You can always become a conscientious objector. Then you can serve out your enlistment in a noncombatant role.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

/cough
You better not be referrring to me!!!!

Your hate should be for your fianance not one thing he was. I mean you don't hate men now do you?

naw i don't hate men, contrary i love men!
but my heart is taken by one already, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ANYMORE BWAHAHAHA.

/looksathyson.
Phoenix.Airbag said:

"According to NPR, “In 2003, a survey of female veterans found that 30 percent said they were raped in the military. A 2004 study of veterans who were seeking help for post-traumatic stress disorder found that 71 percent of the women said they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving. And a 1995 study of female veterans of the Gulf and earlier wars, found that 90 percent had been sexually harassed.”

:/ :\ sad but true story...
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-20 18:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:

I'll be an air traffic controller so i'll see no combat unless someone manages to board our ship? or invade the land base?

Both of which are highly unlikely.

But i will say... that if were in international waters... and some little Somalian pirate ship pops up trying to start ***... i'd gladly push the button myself that blows them all straight to hell.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 18:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
naw i don't hate men, contrary i love men! but my heart is taken by one already, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ANYMORE BWAHAHAHA. /looksathyson.
You said you married me!!!
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Temeraire said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Just got back from reading that other thread. It sounds like you have met some real *** lol. And what CLinpachi said earlier about that thread is true.

BTW, I went through Katrina, and I honestly believe the US Military is the greatest humanitarian organization in the world. And for the record, lolFEMA is fail. MREs are the greatest thing ever invented. I would probably feel the same way about hospital ships if I had needed those to live, too.

I'm one of those "perhaps 70%" who can't pass a MEPS physical...my eyesight was too poor. I wasn't some loser either...I was going to give up a scholarship to enlist in the Navy.

You can always become a conscientious objector. Then you can serve out your enlistment in a noncombatant role.

fema sucks depending on the people working on it, my friend works on fema and he has helped families who have been separated find each other thanks to his connections and access to the things he has access to

i do agree the military has helped a lot on society, but it has also been a great weapon of the government. so it has its pros and cons, well nothing is perfect on life =P

and yes i've met real *** :< it's where my judgement comes from even if ignorant.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I'll be an air traffic controller so i'll see no combat unless someone manages to board our ship? or invade the land base?

Both of which are highly unlikely.

But i will say... that if were in international waters... and some little Somalian pirate ship pops up trying to start ***... i'd gladly push the button myself that blows them all straight to hell.

remember it's for your wife!
if they don't kill you, you can come back and make love to her!

bleh... oh well. they got themselves behind the bullet after all..
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-20 18:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

because we were doing something historically unprecedented, invading a sovereign nation, under full declaration of war, who had not done anything to provoke it, and i needed to be there to document it

i joined the Army as a photojournalist when it was clear that the United States was about to invade Iraq on the basis of questionable intelligence

the hyper-nationalistic atmosphere at the time fascinated me

it made our people crazy, willing to believe anything, as it has repeatedly throughout history

"We're number one!" was the extent of the average American's understanding of foreign policy

it's how we're raised to think

i wanted to bear witness to the coming Iraq war in what I felt was the most honorable and least presumptuous way possible (not to mention the only way i could afford)

that

and my moral distaste for military service clashes deeply with my affinity for military aircraft and raging battle

Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-20 18:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Temeraire said:

pretty ***that you have to join something youre diametrically opposed to just to get by in this current economy.. but i think a lot of people in the armed forces get caught up in the herpderp america and dont stop to think if what theyre doing is right or wrong, "following orders" wont assuage a condemned conscience

people are people are people no matter where they live or how they live and I think we stick our nose where we really dont need to a lot of the time :| but who cares what any of us have to say! :D
By chichi 2010-08-20 18:38:46
Link | Citer | R

tbh if I was better I wouldn't mind joining the military..I will not state the reason as it is probably something that is not a very good one..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 18:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:

I'd take that with a huge grain of salt.

I can't tell you how many cases there are of women just sleeping with everything or actually being in prostitution rings and then cry rape after. But of course that almost never gets publicized unless it was some guy running it lol.

Or how the littlest things get turned into harrassment. It's a part of the reason I chose to be on a submarine. So many guys have just been joking around with there fellow servicemembers and gotten pwned cause of some over senstive woman
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-20 18:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

I can't tell you how many cases there are of women just sleeping with everything or actually being in prostitution rings and then cry rape after. But of course that almost never gets publicized unless it was some guy running it lol.

Or how the littlest things get turned into harrassment. It's a part of the reason I chose to be on a submarine. So many guys have just been joking around with there fellow servicemembers and gotten pwned cause of some over senstive woman
I think they meant more along the lines of the movie "The general's daughter" or w/e the title is.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-20 18:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

That's why you should always in business not comment at all or even look at a woman, coz we'll *** you up!

Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-20 18:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
because we were doing something historically unprecedented, invading a sovereign nation, under full declaration of war, who had not done anything to provoke it, and i needed to be there to document it i joined the Army as a photojournalist when it was clear that the United States was about to invade Iraq on the basis of questionable intelligence the hyper-nationalistic atmosphere at the time fascinated me it made our people crazy, willing to believe anything, as it has repeatedly throughout history "We're number one!" was the extent of the average American's understanding of foreign policy it's how we're raised to think i wanted to bear witness to the coming Iraq war in what I felt was the most honorable and least presumptuous way possible (not to mention the only way i could afford) that and my moral distaste for military service clashes deeply with my affinity for military aircraft and raging battle

thats whats up! and what did you learn from your time over there?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18