Music!
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 285 286 287
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-22 23:47:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't even care, I think his voice is pretty sexy in this song, I really wish I could sing like him:

Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-23 00:05:18
Link | Citer | R

So, I like good vocals in songs. So, here are some damn good vocals.

METAL:

Nevermore covers "The Sound of Silence" (on a random note. I GOT A *** BRO HUG FROM WARREL DANE! (the singer))

MUSICAL:

Lily's Eyes from The Secret Garden (I got to sing this as a duet with one of my past vocal instructors. It made my mother and some people in the audience cry (from it being beautiful and well done, not because we were awful))

Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 00:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Not gonna lie, I think a metal cover to The Sound of Silence is a downright slap in the face to S&G, it sounds awful.

I understand my credibility may be questioned after posting an Adam Lampert song, but I have utter contempt for guttural/screaming/singing and the like.

Opera is not my forté so I can't say.

Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-23 00:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Not gonna lie, I think a metal cover to The Sound of Silence is a downright slap in the face to S&G, it sounds awful.

I understand my credibility may be questioned after posting an Adam Lampert song, but I have utter contempt for guttural/screaming/singing and the like.

Opera is not my forté so I can't say.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warrel Dane is an operatic metal singer T_T his technique is amazing!

Also, as the song overall. You have to disassociate the song with the original and be familiar with Nevermore to like it. When I first heard (and for awhile after) it I couldn't stand it because all I thought of was the original. Thinking of it as it's own song, and becoming a huge fan of Nevermore, changed it.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 00:23:00
Link | Citer | R

I'll check out Warrel Dane now ~

Edit - It seems he can actually sing. Not my type of music though, I'm a bit biased.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-23 00:27:13
Link | Citer | R

I haven't heard his new solo album, but I wasn't impressed terribly (from an overall view) on his first album. Although one of the songs on the album is my name, which is kind of awesome.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 00:31:34
Link | Citer | R

The whole genre of metal contradicts the song IMO

And it ticks me off since S & G really don't get the credit they deserve these days, I can't think of a duet that sounds more beautiful than them, such beautiful choral harmony
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-23 00:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Ummm, closest thing I can find that people may generally like, just happens to be one of their more epic songs. But anyway, isolate the vocals if you even care to indulge my whims still =P
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 00:35:29
Link | Citer | R

I can never get into metal, because it's not a melody driven genre. I have a certain respect for the guitar element, but it's all technical, there's no 'soul' or 'feeling' in it for me.
By frizbeeguy 2010-10-23 00:35:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-23 00:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:

And it ticks me off since S & G really don't get the credit they deserve these days, I can't think of a duet that sounds more beautiful than them, such beautiful choral harmony

Well, I think they were paying tribute to S&G, since Warrel covers more of their songs on his solo work. It was more so dedicated to them and their lyrics (people don't seem to listen to "The Sound of Silence"'s lyrics. They are really creepy).
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 00:41:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Well, I think they were paying tribute to S&G, since Warrel covers more of their songs on his solo work. It was more so dedicated to them and their lyrics (people don't seem to listen to "The Sound of Silence"'s lyrics. They are really creepy).

Each their own I guess, they obviously had approval to cover the songs.

I'm too much of an originalfag for my own good.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-23 00:41:39
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
I can never get into metal, because it's not a melody driven genre. I have a certain respect for the guitar element, but it's all technical, there's no 'soul' or 'feeling' in it for me.

I think it varies on the band and listener. Like, listening to System, all of them feel extremely strong towards what they are playing and the meaning to their songs.

Also, while people may not consider it metal, *** RATM has so much power and energy in it that it's amazing and unique.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-23 00:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
I can never get into metal, because it's not a melody driven genre.
What?
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 00:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fairy.Spence said:
I can never get into metal, because it's not a melody driven genre.
What?

Well, I can't break down metal into all of its subsequent genres...

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-23 00:50:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm not even getting into niche subgenres here. If you're not channeling the 80s, it's probably not solo/flash-driven ("it's all technical").
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 00:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'm not even getting into niche subgenres here. If you're not channeling the 80s, it's probably not solo/flash-driven ("it's all technical").

I'm biased against metal. I find little soul/emotion to it, it's all 'e-peen' so to speak. I don't care how fast and how technical someone can play if they can't convey some feeling through it besides 'Hey, look at my fingers fly!"
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-23 01:08:43
Link | Citer | R

You're still saying the focus of most metal is flash. Maybe my tastes have simply directed me away from such bands, but I don't find that to be the case.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-23 01:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You're still saying the focus of most metal is flash. Maybe my tastes have simply directed me away from such bands, but I don't find that to be the case.

I suppose I simply just don't get it.

I'm all ears if you want to leave some examples, but I'm gonna try and get some sleep.
 Ramuh.Gurion
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Gurion
By Ramuh.Gurion 2010-10-29 11:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Eagleeyes
Serveur: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-10-29 12:26:51
Link | Citer | R

This track is really 35 minutes long.

Link to full lossless encoded album which consists of 2 tracks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QXOD9PK7

sad to see hardly any instrumentals in this thread
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-29 12:55:18
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I suppose I simply just don't get it.

I'm all ears if you want to leave some examples, but I'm gonna try and get some sleep.

generally an entire genre is too broad a category for almost any blanket statements to apply

too much variation within a category as all-encompassing as "metal"
 Sylph.Spency
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Spency 2010-10-29 12:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I suppose I simply just don't get it. I'm all ears if you want to leave some examples, but I'm gonna try and get some sleep.
generally an entire genre is too broad a category for almost any blanket statements to apply too much variation within a category as all-encompassing as "metal"

Yeah, I felt like a doofus afterwards ~

Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-10-30 18:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katsukora
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2010-10-30 20:33:45
Link | Citer | R

What? No AC/DC anywhere in these pages?! What's wrong with you all?! :P

Forgive me I live in the past, but I still say these old guys are my most fave out of any other band. Simplistic in their own way, but you don't have to be high tech to sound good. ANYWAY, here's one that hooked me on the band:

First heard it on the radio back in my high school days, pretty much hooked me on after that.

On a more recent note, got hooked into Cage the Elephant after a friend let me have his old copy of Borderlands.

Also, this one became a pretty decent fave after getting the album.

Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-30 21:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Into

So nerdy, so awesome.
[+]
 Sylph.Nanii
user: Sani
By Sylph.Nanii 2010-10-30 22:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-10-30 22:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Best Symphonic Metal song ever.

Kickass orchestra, badass clean vocals halfway through, plus it's a super ultra awesome epic battle theme.

Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-30 22:57:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-30 23:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Best Symphonic Metal song ever.

Kickass orchestra, badass clean vocals halfway through, plus it's a super ultra awesome epic battle theme.

Scruff, I just became so gay for you I don't know what to do about it. I'm listening to Dimmu's new album currently and am seeing them LIVE in a week and a half!

Edit: Progenies is my favorite song by far. I'm so sad they replaced their clean vocalist T____T I loved his voice
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 285 286 287