Music!
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 285 286 287
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-31 20:05:01
Link | Citer | R

I can't get into scream-o, or rock in general really. David Bowie is about as rock as I get.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Serveur: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-31 20:11:23
Link | Citer | R

The term Screamo makes me want to go apeshit; however I'll refrain from doing that. Harsh Vocals don't make a song screamo. If vocal style determined genre every song with clean vocals would be the same genre.

This is real Screamo

This is Death Metal

[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-31 20:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Well being a singer of multiple genres, I can tell you that they can definitely be defined by vocal technique. On more classical songs, I use my soft pallet more, and sing from the back of my throat, as opposed to jazzy songs where I sing from the middle range of my mouth area and feel it come from my core. More Broadway and pop-style music are sang from the front of my mouth.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-31 20:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Well being a singer of multiple genres, I can tell you that they can definitely be defined by vocal technique. On more classical songs, I use my soft pallet more, and sing from the back of my throat, as opposed to jazzy songs where I sing from the middle range of my mouth area and feel it come from my core. More Broadway and pop-style music are sang from the front of my mouth.

Would you maintain the genre just because you're singing a certain way? If the music you were singing to just happened to change, surely the genre wouldn't remain the same. If I were to do harsh vocals to something that wasn't Death Metal, my vocal style wouldn't change what the music is nor would it make my music Death Metal.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-31 20:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

Would you maintain the genre just because you're singing a certain way? If the music you were singing to just happened to change, surely the genre wouldn't remain the same. If I were to do harsh vocals to something that wasn't Death Metal, my vocal style wouldn't change what the music is nor would it make my music Death Metal.
It would certainly make it sound awkward since instruments have their own play-style just like vocals do. The jump from Death Metal to your definition of real Screamo doesn't seem too apparent to me though, aside from the Death Metal song having more emphasis on the sound of their instruments.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-31 21:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

It would certainly make it sound awkward since instruments have their own play-style just like vocals do. The jump from Death Metal to your definition of real Screamo doesn't seem too apparent to me though, aside from the Death Metal song having more emphasis on the sound of their instruments.
That's what makes them not the same genre. If two songs had similar vocal styles but different instrumentals, they would hardly be the same genre.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-01-31 21:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Screamo tends to be more akin to stuff like Metalcore, which is cool, but its not Death Metal like Cannibal Corpse or Nile or Suffocation for example, but thats just my opinon
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-31 21:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Actually, Screamo has nothing to do with Metalcore. Screamo has nothing to do with metal at all. Metalcore is a fusion of extreme metal and hardcore punk which means it can't be the true definition of Screamo.
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-01-31 21:06:21
Link | Citer | R

I know that im just saying as far as what most people seem to generalize nowadays ^
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-31 21:08:51
Link | Citer | R

I feel like we're doing too much talking and not enough music posting, so I'll end this with a music a post.

Sylph.Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-01-31 21:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Agreed XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-31 21:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Eclipsys
Serveur: Siren
user: Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2012-01-31 22:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Screamo originated from hardcore punk and emo. It has more akin to a pop mentality than it does to metal. As for metalcore, that all originated with stuff like Earth Crisis, Converge, Botch, to name a few. Back then it was "Metallic Hardcore". Maybe some cross-over bands could be argued, but I always saw that as a fine companionship of metal and hardcore punk. Metalcore nowadays seems like an addendum to what the 80's hair metal bands were.

As for death metal, depends on which era you're listening to. Old-school death metal definitely has a particular sound to the guitars... even the recording one could argue sounded necrotic. It is far more earthy... and it sounds thoroughly rotten, a pungent odour. As of recent years, it's changed to where that's not the main defining factor, and that's sad.
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-01-31 23:00:11
Link | Citer | R

HMPF!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-02-01 00:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Just heard this one for the first time. I'm rather disappointed in myself. This album, Vulgar, has been out for eight and a half years. :<
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-02-02 03:08:13
Link | Citer | R

I heard Apocalyptica!?
 Asura.Celene
Serveur: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2012-02-02 04:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Ehhh, I see some metal variations above, guess I'll join in:

Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-02 04:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Minefield said: »
I heard Apocalyptica!?

Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2012-02-02 04:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Oooo~ Apocalyptica! I was really excited when Till Lindemann did some guest voals with them. :x

Aaaand, goodnight:

Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-02-02 04:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-02 04:59:23
Link | Citer | R

I like almost everything they do where someone does vocals.. Their music is great on it's own (the song I posted of just them is one of my favorites of them, despite all the people they bring in) but when they get the right people and collaborate, it's almost always just 'great'.. I think that's what makes them so great.. They can adjust to fit the vocalist.. I'm sure there's a lot that goes into it, but it really does seem as if they can just pull anyone and say "write us some lyrics and we'll worry about the music, trust me, it will be awesome"..

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-02 04:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2012-02-02 05:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »

Sorry buuuut... Cristina <3 :(
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-02 05:04:49
Link | Citer | R

My bad <_< I didn't mean to post a cover, I meant to post hers..

Fixed.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2012-02-02 05:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Haha~
I always find it kinda interesting to hear how far Cristina has come along with her vocals.

edit: even though this is still one of my favourite albums of all time. maybe because it's just so nostalgic for me. >.>
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-02 05:13:44
Link | Citer | R

I like that.. I have a thing for female singers/bands though.. It spans a pretty wide spectrum..

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-02-02 05:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Can't forget that last one, one of the ONLY youtube video of singing I've ever liked.. I'm sorry but 99% of the people sound *** horrible or at the least, unremarkable.. Something about that one though..
 Quetzalcoatl.Selsha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Selsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Selsha 2012-02-02 07:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stfutaru
Serveur: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-02-02 07:42:25
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2012-02-02 08:01:56
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
posted a lot of cool female fronted bands

Ah, yes. :) I do enjoy my female vocalists as well. I'm familiar with all those bands, too! I won't get into the bands individually about their albums because that would be another forum all on its own. xD

I had Alissa from The Agonist and Sarah Jezebel Deva comment on posts I made to them before on FB, it was pretty cool. >_> I felt kind of special too, lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 285 286 287