New To Unicorn

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Unicorn » New to Unicorn
New to Unicorn
By titanjosh 2009-12-17 13:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Hi everyone I am a pretty new to ffxi and I was wondering how is the best way to join a linkshell. I don't have any friends playing this game so I'm not sure what to do. My highest level character is a level 32 red mage and I have my sub job unlocked. Any help would be appreciated. I am on Unicorn by the way and my character is Plerion.
 Bismarck.Barrd
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-12-17 13:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Well to get a good shell you need to get to 75.
If you are looking for a shell look for a shell that will help you do the missin and the quest you need over whit.
 Phoenix.Wayako
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2009-12-17 13:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Many times it seems like people gain LSs by being invited by friends...But if you don't have any game friends yet you could always ask a person in the next party you join, if you take a liking to them, what their LS is and if you can join. Or you could shout for LS but the quality of the LSs which reply would be up to chance.

There is also the issue of what kind of shell you want- at this point I am assuming you are looking for a social or social/event shell. One other option, of course, is that you could always make your own LS and recruit others if you can't find one that suits you.
By titanjosh 2009-12-17 14:02:45
Link | Citer | R

I mainly need help with missions. I'm stuck at rank 2 because of the bcnm and I've shouted for help but that doesn't seem to work . I guess I can get to 75 and have a better chance of being invited to a linkshell. I don't want to feel like a newbie asking.
 Valefor.Ellise
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-17 14:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Most of the time you can find invitations to shells through social activities, in game events, exp groups, things that you can do with other people who you will meet and interact with.

Best of luck and Happy Holidays!

Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-17 14:14:28
Link | Citer | R

There are usually some good chat lses out there; one way is to just EXP like normal, and if you find someone who's pretty outgoing and friendly, or even join a party of linkshell mates looking for people to fill in the spots, simply asking for a shell is always welcome. Some people shout for invites in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (which, I'm not entirely sure if you have access yet, :/).

One good thing about chat linkshells is that chances are you will get a good group of people at different levels, and hopefully some 75s that are able to help out the newer players with some of the missions, quests, and NMs. But for other endgame-geared shells like HNM/Sky/Dynamis/Limbus, etc, it's a requirement to have at least 1 75 or have a recommendation.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
Serveur: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2009-12-17 14:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Hey! Unfortunatly i dont have a "low level" social shell to get you into but if you need help getting stuff done feel free to hit me up. I have 9 75s and my fiance (Mertz) has 4 so we can get quite a bit done. Lately i have been pretty busy farming/crafting to build my relic weapon but it never hurts to ask. So if you got something you need to get done shoot me or Mertz a /tell in game or a PM on here. We might be able to help out.

Ill send you a PM with our normal play times so you know when to look for us.
 Unicorn.Rufio
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2009-12-17 15:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Run away. This server sucks.
 Unicorn.Grimjow
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2009-12-17 22:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Hey I just started a Social/Event LS up I would be happy to help you with the Rank Missions I can solo most of them lol.

Hit me up in game for a pearl :)

Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-18 00:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Barrd said:
Well to get a good shell you need to get to 75.

This is endgame advice onry. Don't go by this yet if you're looking for a social. ^^

It never hurts to ask around for a ls, especially if you're new. There's a number of good social ls's on the server.

Welcome to the game, btw. :)
By titanjosh 2009-12-18 01:52:15
Link | Citer | R

ok thanks alot everyone
 Unicorn.Ignasio
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2009-12-18 05:52:08
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Rufio said:
Run away. This server sucks.
Because of this guy.

Nympho is cool. Balances the server out as much as you can with a guy like Rufio =)

If I'm online, can ask me to help on that BCNM.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-18 07:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! Ig is an awesome guy too! :D

I've never thought this server sucked, it's more or less the people you're around and for the most part those people can be really nice. I'd help out too if you need. :)
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-22 10:01:37
Link | Citer | R

I have no problems with the server, like Nymph said it's more about the people you hang out with.
 Unicorn.Nonamegod
user: NoNameGod
By Unicorn.Nonamegod 2009-12-25 08:37:59
Link | Citer | R

Hi~
welcome to unicorn!~ I hope you enjoy your stay here, make some friends and have some fun! ^^

good luck at your adventures!
 Asura.Humtum
Serveur: Asura
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 09:17:47
Link | Citer | R

i didnt have any friends on this server when i started, best way to get a ls is just ask around i found. i am sure lots of people are willing to help you through this amazing game^^