Forum » FFXI » General » ACP Body - What a pain
ACP Body - What a pain
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-12 06:34:07
Link | Citer | R

I've already had 3 different bodies and ended up not beeing happy with any of them, so yesterday I threw away my body once again and did the last fight.

Now I need input, I wanna Chose a body that I'm not gonna regret and throw away a month from now again.

Here's how I'm thinking now. And what I'm using now:

RDM - Using AF body for the enfeebling magic and errant body for MND.

Option: Royal Redingote aug ??? and ???. But for what? The enfeeb +15 from AF body is kinda nice, the only thing I can think of is to make a fast cast body, but again, for what purpose?

PLD - Using Iron Ram body, or AF body. But I really dont play PLD, like havent had it out for over 6 months, so it would seem to be a waste of a body to get it for something i dont play anyway.

Option: Nuevo Coselete, I had this one with fast cast and enmity + on it, but threw it away because i never use PLD.

RNG - Same as PLD pretty much, I hardly ever use this job, so no real point in getting a body that would only serve this job.

Option: Mirke Wardecors with RATT & RACC? But still, not worth it since I barely use the job.

NIN - Using Relic body, Hauby or SH+1 on NIN.

Option: Mirke Wardecors with EVA + ACC? But If I want EVA and ACC I might as well go with SH+1, ofcourse I'd miss 10 hp/mp and 5 str/dex, but it still feels that compared to the body pieces I have for NIN this would be a waste?

THF - Using SH+1, Rapparee or Dragon Harness on my THF atm, but on the other hand I'm not using my THF for anything but farming.

Option: Mirke Wardecors with ACC + EVA, or ACC + ATT. But again whats the point of getting a body for only soloing TW-T Mobs, the body pieces I have for THF is good enough for that.

BRD - Using Yigit Gomlek or Errant body.

Option: Royal Redingote with ??? + ???, I have no clue what would make this into a better BRD body than those I'm using tbh.

SAM - Hauby. Yes I fulltime Hauby on SAM.

Option: Nuevo Coselete with ACC + ATT, only way I see is to make the Nuevo Coselete into a hauby w/o the EVA- and AGI-. But Why? Even if i did this I would not get rid of my hauby anyway since I'm using it for other jobs as well.

tl;dr: I need help to chose a body that I'm not gonna throw away anytime soon and have to do this stupid fight again for the 526th time. plz ._.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-12-12 06:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Macro Pieces. Spell Cast. Most gear from the mini expansions falls into the "slightly shittier than non salvage grade end game gear" category.

Either get the fast cast for a spellcast precast set for RDM or get Acc10 Dbl. Atk+2 for your SAM for TPing is all I could see. Good luck.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-12-12 06:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Either get the fast cast for a spellcast precast set for RDM or get Acc10 Dbl. Atk 2 for your SAM for TPing is all I could see. Good luck.

I agree, but if you ever plan on getting duelist body, you'd be in the same boat further down so take that into account.
 Siren.Ashkente
Serveur: Siren
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2009-12-12 07:07:11
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
NIN - Using Relic body, Hauby or SH 1 on NIN.

Option: Mirke Wardecors with EVA ACC? But If I want EVA and ACC I might as well go with SH 1, ofcourse I'd miss 10 hp/mp and 5 str/dex, but it still feels that compared to the body pieces I have for NIN this would be a waste?

Acc +10/Dual Wield +3% = monster TP piece for NIN, also decent for THF should you ever level it.
 Sylph.Jetu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-12 07:10:41
Link | Citer | R

i have a friend that is in a similar situation as you, where the upgrades are minimal to what he already has, so he has gone with beastmaster upgrades since they offer the biggest bonuses to what is already available (even though his bst isnt anywhere near high enough to use it)

as for rng body, ratt & snapshot is a great tp body piece

some brd's i know have gone with macc & fast cast, but have since ditched & gone with yigit or shi're body

acc & duel wield is nice for nin & thf, i know a few ppl that are happy with this body

have also seen some sam's with racc/ratt body for when they are /rng (super kyadogi)

myself personaly, i went with a quick draw body for cor (matt & QD recast)
 Garuda.Fullen
Serveur: Garuda
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-12-12 07:11:53
Link | Citer | R

If you ever nuke on RDM then m.acc+4 and mab+4 is a decent upgrade~
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-12 07:19:55
Link | Citer | R

@ Siren.Ashkente
I have had that for my NIN & THF before, and I wasnt all that happy about it, I kinda like the relic body on my nin for the acc and att :D, and for thf I use rapparee for haste if i dont have a problem with acc, if I solo T-VT on THF I usually go with SH+1 anyway.

Sylph.Jetu
I agree about the BST seems to benefit the most from this, but my BST is lv 66 and it will never see 67 lol. I really didnt like leveling that job at all.

@Garuda.Fullen
I guess that would be an option, I've never really been nuking on RDM though, but who knows maybe that'll change sometime lol
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-12-12 07:24:18
Link | Citer | R

The rdm nuking body isnt a bad way to go. Thats what i made thinking i was miles away from morrigans and then a few weeks later i had it, and haven't exchanged it yet bc im lazy and couldnt find a setup better than gear i already had for my jobs (wow, sound familiar?) with the exception of maybe whm DD body, no reverend's :(