Forum » FFXI » General » Dark Magic
Dark Magic
 Alexander.Hiep
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2009-12-11 16:44:29
Link | Citer | R

When it comes to drain and aspir, does alkalurops, or plutos staff really help on magic acc? or could a blackjack or dusky staff rep them?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-11 16:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Pluto's is the best (to my knowledge) for Aspir/Drain. I've always used Dark/Pluto's staff and been happy with the returns and I've yet to find something that gives me more consistency.
 Alexander.Hiep
Serveur: Alexander
user: Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2009-12-11 16:59:55
Link | Citer | R

alright thank you ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-11 17:05:08
Link | Citer | R

I sometimes used Diablos in dynamis but really due to inconsistency and such overall as good with pluto. The others don't even compare
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-11 17:14:09
Link | Citer | R

You know, I was thinking about getting a Diabolo's Pole for when I was in Dyna for Drain/Aspir. How does it compare to Pluto's Dasva?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-11 17:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
You know, I was thinking about getting a Diabolo's Pole for when I was in Dyna for Drain/Aspir. How does it compare to Pluto's Dasva?
It is kinda hit an miss. While it adds more to potency (I've heard it being more liek 20-30% vs 15 on pluto) It adds no acc so your aspir/drains will be even more all over the place then normal. So I generally just stuck with pluto. If I had a real dark build IE used spellcast or windower maccros or on weaker enemies maybe. Otherwise seemed to average about the same
 Sylph.Xaru
user: Xaru
By Sylph.Xaru 2009-12-14 18:32:32
Link | Citer | R

If you have Dark Grip and Anrin Obi (gives all the accuracy needed), Diabolos's Pole wins hands down in Dynamis over time.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 18:46:42
Link | Citer | R

I saw some testing somewhere that showed weather/day doesn't affect resist rates.
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-14 23:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Full resist maybe, but potency~accuracy, pretty certain it does. That would explain why the only time I've been able to approach 190MP aspired was in Dynamis and only in Dynamis. (well could be Limbus, but you don't aspir ***in NW :d) (no diabolo staff or anything like that, which "enhance" aspir).

While with double light weather, your aspir just sux balls and will never do 180+. (Aspiring elementals and avatars in Temenos East).

As for the Obi affecting the spell or not, I think the answer is pretty obvious. How many dark element based spells do we have in this game ? Not a lot. Then if the Obi doesn't work for Drain/Aspir, why does it even exist ?

The only "study" we have on this matter has been realized on like 200 trials if I recall, which is... definitely not enough to prove anything. (the issue being that the weather/day bonus can proc even if you have no obi on, hence *** up the results).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-15 00:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Theres alot of items in this game you wonder why they exist lol

Edit: Probably no other reason then completing the set.
Also noctohelix... ok chronologically I know that doesn't work so how bout bio initial dmg yo!
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-12-15 01:02:17
Link | Citer | R

I allways use Diabolos + Anrin Obi in Dynamis/einherjar and i am allways glad to use it. I never get much resists there and my Normal Aspir's in Dynamis are 140+ while it spikes up to 190ish and 140-150 is common.

I have a good Dark Magic setup, +43 Skill +13 macc.

But anywhere outside Dynamis/Einherjar/App Limbus Pluto's Staff + Witch Sash/Swift Belt works best for me.