Forum » FFXI » General » Elemental Obis and Magic Accuracy
Elemental Obis and Magic Accuracy
 Leviathan.Vyrha
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrha
By Leviathan.Vyrha 2009-12-09 15:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Wiki says that elemental obis increase magic accuracy, but it doesn't say much beyond that, and there are no references to any testing on the site. I'd like to know if obis increase magic accuracy by a percent, or a fixed amount, and by how much. Or even, does it actually increase accuracy at all?

Does anyone know any more about this, or know of any testing that someone has done on it? I really would like to know if it's worth it to use these for debuffs, or if I'm just better off using a sash. And yeah, I'm too lazy to do any kind of proper testing myself..
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-09 15:43:52
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know, it's similar to damage and a % based on weather/day and the combo of the two. I haven't tested it or really care to test it. XD All I know is, if it's that magic's day or I have that weather active, I cast with that corresponding obi on. XD
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-12-09 15:44:56
Link | Citer | R

I am the same way, but I have read that they increase MACC and MAB by a percentage. So I just assume that the:

* 10% for magic of the day
* 10% for magic matching single weather
* 25% for magic matching double weather
* 35% for magic matching double weather and day

applies to MAB and MACC
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-09 15:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Isn't the 10% applied directly to damage like the elemental staves and not "MAB"?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 15:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Tbest said:
sn't the 10% applied directly to damage like the elemental staves and not "MAB"?
Exactly.

While I haven't done any testing I have had my obis for awhile now. Fighting god knows how many puddings solo with usually pretty much capped macc. Resist rate when using obis has definitely been higher than when I use Prope/witch sash. When nuking harder targets it is even more noticable and I worry alot on them when I'm nuking with obis on.

This is on blm of course. Probably another reason schs get resisted more

Asura.Haroun
Serveur: Asura
user: Haroun
By Asura.Haroun 2009-12-09 16:11:28
Link | Citer | R

Testing has shown that day/weather do not effect magic accuracy: Even more on magic resist rates, Mr. Decay.
 Leviathan.Vyrha
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Vyrha
By Leviathan.Vyrha 2009-12-10 08:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Haroun said:
Testing has shown that day/weather do not effect magic accuracy: Even more on magic resist rates, Mr. Decay.

Well this is pretty much what I was looking for (along with Dasva from Ramuh's reply, which I was not able to quote). This info will make a big difference in my setup. Thanks.

As for the other replies.. those kind of assumptions are what I really try and avoid. The way this game works, most of the time assumptions like that are just wrong.