Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Who sells an specific item the most
Who sells an specific item the most
 Quetzalcoatl.Jinxy
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxy
By Quetzalcoatl.Jinxy 2008-10-03 10:25:58
Link | Citer | R

How about adding a little thing to each page that shows who sells a specific item the most. Something like a "Top Seller".
 Garuda.Littledarc
Serveur: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-03 11:04:12
Link | Citer | R

doing that for each item might be hard. i'm no programmer though so don't quote me.
 Bahamut.Cyaan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cyaan
By Bahamut.Cyaan 2008-10-03 14:44:43
Link | Citer | R

it would also have to be in a specific time frame, making it more difficult and more than likely useless.

if a player sold the most of x item last year but stopped selling it 6 months ago, and no one has yet to take his place at the top, it would be lots of work for little gain.

also some crafters may get offended.
 Pandemonium.Weisheng
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Weisheng
By Pandemonium.Weisheng 2008-10-03 15:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Could maybe script it the same way the most veiwed player is done. Then it would be updated every few mins.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2008-10-04 07:43:28
Link | Citer | R

i am not sure i like that idea very much, I try to keep most of my crafting some what a secret... I rarely sell anything on my main that i make. With crafting as cut throat as it is, giving any data to people to see what you are doing to make gil could potentialy hurt us.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-10-04 14:19:48
Link | Citer | R

It's a good idea. Interesting. Unfortunately, the question of retroactively calculating it across every user and every item would be an extremely expensive operation, and it may cause some privacy concerns for our users. I'll add it to the list of "maybe someday" suggestions. =)
 Lakshmi.Allusion
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Allusion
By Lakshmi.Allusion 2008-10-04 16:01:16
Link | Citer | R

bad idea it would ruin the hard earned secrets of the trade of your craft i say never
 Bahamut.Cyaan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cyaan
By Bahamut.Cyaan 2008-10-04 17:02:10
Link | Citer | R

i feel if you did implement this, that users have the option of not being recognized similar to each users auction history.

i think many crafters would be concerned about it, as many already employ several mules just go unrecognized in the things that they sell.

although i doubt i would personally make that list, as a user of this website i would be offended if there was such a list
 Quetzalcoatl.Jinxy
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jinxy
By Quetzalcoatl.Jinxy 2008-10-18 10:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I am missing something....what is there to keep hidden here? I make gil just fine, don't use a mule to sell and my selling history is maxed at 255.

I would think everyone knows what the money making recipes are and if they were able to craft those items too....they would.

I was thinking of this as a way for people to know who to go to for certain items. Example: I farm 10 of Coins card often (OMG I LET MY SECRET OUT). I would be the perfect person to go to for it if there are none up for sale on AH. You could say "just look at the sale history of the item", my response would be if you look at the sale history, my name only shows up a few times...when actually I have sold a lot of them.

Cyaan said they would be offended if they were on that list...why? Would you also be offended if your profile was listed as most viewed? I am the exact opposite, I'd be halfway happy/proud of it.

Just my 2-cents, no offense intended.

I did not think of the trouble implementing this idea nor the strain on server n such...ty for pointing that out.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-10-18 11:10:59
Link | Citer | R

I can definitely see the privacy concerns some players might express surrounding this issue.

Many players focus on the in-game consequences of something like this. Negative things like losing "hard earned trade secrets," and more positive ones such as increased crafting contracts with other players.

What many dont realize is that all of this information on FFXIAH is for the most part public, and accessable by anyone. Sure, you have the options to turn stuff off or hide things from view. But not signing up for an account at all still gets your last 25 AH transactions in public view.

The players that do sign up tend to leave the majority of thier information in view, as it does offer a sense of pride to the player. The staff of FFXIAH has created a wonderful system here, bringing most of the pertinent information about your character into one place, and even giving your profile a score (which is awesome). But at the same time, I could see some players being made targets of accout theft based on their FFXIAH profiles.

Myself, I love the features of this website, and am a daily user. But as a player with a higher achievement point score and having a rare craft at a high level, I believe having that information in such a public view does leave me at higher risk for account theft.

Doesnt mean I'm gonna stop using this site or any of it's features...
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2008-10-18 12:41:34
Link | Citer | R

I understand that by chance it might help some one find an item easier by showing who sells it the most... But when it comes to revealing that a specific person is selling only a certain item to make gil, the effect that it may have is him/her being labled as a RMT. For example, say "Joe the Mithra" worked hard his whole FF life to level Smithing on his mule and now all he does is synth Imperial Wootz Ingot to regain his 100 million gil that he lost. Now some one looks up the item and seen that he is the major producer of it. Since so many people are quick to blame others and call them RMT's just because they can not make gil them selves, he now has a negative label for doing nothing.

Sure this may seem like an unlikely story to many, but i feel that it happens alot more then one would think. So to protect the hard working crafters of the game, it would be a great benifit to not reveal more then what is already revealed by the site.

If some one does need something synth'd, do like everyone else does and use the great search feature the AH site has, and research/talk to the person before you ask for something. I may have rambled a bit, but its just my 2 cents...
 Fairy.Raikan
Serveur: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2008-10-18 12:55:05
Link | Citer | R

I already block my sales transactions on my main and mules from public view, and I feel that is safe enough to keep how I make gil from prying eyes.

However if somebody wanted to take the time to research every individual item and look for my name on the sale charts, more power to them, I can't stop that.

Provided the registered users have an option that allows them to turn this feature on/off, I have no qualms with it.