users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » salvage
salvage
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2009-12-05 02:29:47
Link | Citer | R

just wondering what you guys think of the drop rate ive been doing it every day for like 8 months no joke and have the 3 cheapest items compleated
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-05 02:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Uhh, I've been really lucky. I have Marduk's Head/Hands/Legs/Feet completed, and I've only been doing salvage for a few months. (Since like July?) My friend's also like 0/160ish on Morri 35 body. We've been spamming stupid Arra for like a month now. :<

Edit: Off the top my head things completed for my group (or at least the 35s obtained) have been Morri Head/Feet, Skadi Feetx2 Usu Feetx2, Ares Headx2 ithinkabody... can't really remember anything else.
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2009-12-05 02:45:36
Link | Citer | R

took about a year and a half to be 5/5 ares with various other items upgraded and a few other 35's. it's not so bad. best end game event hands down.
 Hades.Dierdren
Serveur: Hades
user: Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2009-12-05 04:44:22
Link | Citer | R

Well my Salvage group has only been running for 2 months and we have only completed 2 pieces: Usukane Sun-Ate and a Skadi's Visor. But we have also come close to completing 9 other pieces. Drop rates are very random some days you get awesome drops and others you get ***. Its all about the Luck of the draw. Also on those farming nights it doesn't hurt to bring in the extra TH4.
 Seraph.Helixx
Serveur: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-12-05 05:29:02
Link | Citer | R

drop rates suck outright. 1 year 1 piece. Of course i have friends who are in outher teams and they get 2 pieces / month for themselves complete.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 06:34:21
Link | Citer | R

I have luck sort of , but have not really been doing salvage. I am just happy that I have Treasure Hunter +4. atm I have a leg part and head part. From what I seen, I got lucky getting them. You need luck, if you have it. I know it seems superstious seems th varies per thf ; ;.

When I want something I will get it , but usually when people want something and hope my th4 drops it it does not. So... yeah my th4 only likes me it seem ><
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-05 10:47:10
Link | Citer | R

I've been doing it for the better part of 2 years or so. I could be 5/5 marduk if I wanted to (I passed some marduk bodies cause I dont care about it) but Im only 2/5 morrigans because I spent the majority of my time getting marduk as others were in line getting morrigans 8|

It depends on your luck, your zone scheduling and how you guys distribute gear.

You'll probably have more luck with drops if you spam a single zone rather than mix things up. I had the worst luck with marduk 35 shoes from Dekka, that took me my nearly 2 years. I had to wait for 2 other people to get it before me and its just a crappy crappy droprate. We spammed Dekka like no other.

The most expensive marduk pieces where the ones I got first and they're either in storage or I let the floor eat them. I got the morrigans 35 body really easy too, the day I got mine 2 others dropped from 2 other rats. Ive seen this happen multiple times. I passed my 25 body to people too because I cant afford it. I've never seen a 35 morrigans crown though I dont think.

sometimes I think its the cheaper sets that are hardest to get. Morrigans 35 pants, marduk and morrigans 35 boots and for me the morrigans gloves always dropped in bhaflau when I was busy killing Dekka..so when I was in bhaflau they wouldnt drop. The [bio]tch.
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-05 11:20:15
Link | Citer | R

~9 months to get 5/5 morrigan but I was always first in line. Drop rate are low but if your group is pretty stable and do Salvage at least 6 days a week, then it's not that bad.
 Unicorn.Ondori
Serveur: Unicorn
user: HaRm
By Unicorn.Ondori 2009-12-05 11:44:47
Link | Citer | R

I lead a ls that has been going for a year now and I have completed 5/5 usukane, 5/5 morrigan, 4/5 skadi, and marduk body. On average we probably get 2-3 35 as we do 5 nights a week in each zone then rotate.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2009-12-05 13:56:55
Link | Citer | R

ive been leading a group that runs 3 times a week for about 8 months now.

no far we've finished:
2 morrigan bodies
2 ares bodies
2 ares legs
3 morrigan hands
1 skadi hands
2 usu feet
3 usu legs
2 skadi feet
2 skadi legs
2 marduk feet
2 marduk legs
2 morrigan heads
(we have lots of 35's floating around that need finishing)
theres probably more, but i dont have my spreadsheet on me atm.

drop rates can be either really forgiving, or absolutly terrible, but for the most part if you just keep at it you'll get what you want.
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-12-05 14:19:28
Link | Citer | R

www.tinyurl.com/streak-salvage

We've done 170 runs so far and each drop is recorded.

Out of that many runs we've seen bhaflau floor 1 NM "Once". Bhaflau floor 2 NM "Twice".

35's from arrapago seem to come in pretty regularly, though.

Zhaylom NM's have given us a heck of a time too.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-05 14:29:48
Link | Citer | R

I completed my usu set within the span of a year to a year and a halfish. Though, going by my shell's drop rules, I shouldn't be complete, but on days my LS didn't go, I made my own groups and went (once even being in two shells), so I was able to cut the time in half by going on my own terms when possible.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 14:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Salvage, only if i could log in right now ; ;. But yeah, th4 ftw for drops tune my th4 on moi only.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 14:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Th4 Tunage one moi moi moi moi moi. On a serious note, can't wait geting back online missing a event this blows.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Serveur: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-12-05 15:03:22
Link | Citer | R

Luck is the ultimate factor. My #1 piece was usukane sune ate, and I was also first in line for it ever since I joined the group I'm in. 6 runs a week, and it still took me 8 months to get the 35 to drop.

Any other groups having exceptional luck with a particular gear set, as well as the contrary? My group has nearly completed 3 morrigan sets in the same amount of time as getting TWO usukane pieces to drop, ever. For a majority of the time we were more focused on getting morrigan since that's what the most of our group wanted. But there's an usukane NM in every zone (same with all gear obv), and we hardly ever skip them. We must have skipped an NM that had drops I wanted maybe twice in 8 months, and I've prioritized full usukane before anything.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-05 15:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Usu body took me a really long time, but in most cases that's what it does (spare the lucky SoBs that go 1/2 on it).

As for usu shoes, we got 1 pair wayyyy back when there was no opening chest and salvage still cost 2k AP/run. I passed for someone else, not knowing how rare they were. Fast forward 8-12 months and I still don't have mine, and at this point, my shell has gone from 4 runs/week to 2 runs/week, so I took the extra 5 days and for 3 weeks straight, every one of those 5 days, I would make a /shout pt for floor 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 ramparts, until I was finally able to pick up my 35.

After getting the 35, took 2-3 months to get the 25 >.>
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 15:31:11
Link | Citer | R

I am lucky! wow best be lucky!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.