Content ID Issue.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Content ID issue.
Content ID issue.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-02 11:43:59
Link | Citer | R

This has been bugging me for several months now. It will not automatically bill my Paypal card to pay for my content ID's. I get an LM-08 error and have to manually input my card details everytime. Anyone had this issue? fixes? I've looked on the site at support, seems to be nothing there to help.

Also cannot reactivate content ID's at this time, is that cause of world maint or something going on?
 Asura.Contessa
Serveur: Asura
user: Melody
By Asura.Contessa 2009-12-02 11:49:25
Link | Citer | R

I personally never used a paypal card to pay for FFXI. It could have something to do with the card security they implimented awhile back.

In regards to the not being able to update your content id's, there are a few reasons this could be. At the end/beginning of every month their payment and transfer services are unavailable. Also, your content ID's are connected with your payment options/status. If you've received an error or your account was temporarly closed due to non-payment, normally they will cancel out the content ID's.

I would suggest calling the SE's Customer Service Support and you can get advice straight from the source. They can explain everything in depth to you. (Their customer service has gotten MUCH better over the years.)

http://www.square-enix.com/na/global.html

Once you choose the region, you should be able to locate the Customer Service/Support/Help area.

Good luck ^^
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-02 12:02:12
Link | Citer | R

unfortunately I'm UK. It's closed right now ; ; I did try maybe 20 minutes ago on their online help, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow :/ a whole night of no FF woo....

I'm not sure whats changed this month, ive usually been able to reactivate them for the past months, must just be an off day. i've payed the dues though.
 Ramuh.Zangada
Serveur: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-12-02 12:18:19
Link | Citer | R

I had the same problem with paypal, for some reason payapl credit card isnt a part of the services that u need to get it verified.
 Unicorn.Zuyshin
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Mario1022
By Unicorn.Zuyshin 2009-12-02 18:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I Seem to be having that same Issue now =\ i cant get on w/ my Credit Card.... And yes its Verified by SE but.... idk if its Server Traffic or what =\

Anyone else having this problem?
 Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-12-02 19:24:50
Link | Citer | R

I had same problem. Be sure to go to the site it explains you have to verify your card through. After I manually went to the site and redid everything it finally went through...
 Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-12-02 19:26:00
Link | Citer | R

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/cardholderservices/securecode/index.html

*edit There is also a Visa one but I don't have that link handy.
 Remora.Izunita
Serveur: Remora
user: Izunita
By Remora.Izunita 2009-12-08 15:37:04
Link | Citer | R

the problem with the "http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/cardholderservices/securecode/index.html" and the visa site, i dare to say, is only for North America(and not everyone, i know ppl who had to run to buy walmart prepaids card to replace their current credit card cose the stupid ~UCS-5313 error~),..the banks here dont even know what's the "secure 3-d shet" means.. I think, living outside NA our only options are: bug a close friend to help you to get a walmart prepaid card ; ; or like other ppl say (i dont know if that works) get a ps2 or a 360 and update your payment.. or the last resort and less viable,..take a deep breath and go to the SE's live support chat with retards-Agents.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-08 16:12:25
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Izunita said:
the problem with the "http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/cardholderservices/securecode/index.html" and the visa site, i dare to say, is only for North America(and not everyone, i know ppl who had to run to buy walmart prepaids card to replace their current credit card cose the stupid ~UCS-5313 error~),..the banks here dont even know what's the "secure 3-d shet" means.. I think, living outside NA our only options are: bug a close friend to help you to get a walmart prepaid card ; ; or like other ppl say (i dont know if that works) get a ps2 or a 360 and update your payment.. or the last resort and less viable,..take a deep breath and go to the SE's live support chat with retards-Agents.

What's walmart? ; ;

Anyway, I did talk to the live support, apparently the card I'm using isnt supported, it shouldnt even be able to charge to it. But I am so meh. the reactivation error was due to that world transfer thingy. I'ma have to look into changing banks to get a debit card. :(
 Garuda.Amara
Serveur: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-12-08 16:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Does SE support realize you're EU and not NA, EU isn't supposed to be under the 3D secure ***, but yes PS2 or Xbox work wonders for updating payment, even if you have a friend who you can log onto their ps2 and change it quick 1 day, takes 10-20 min depends if they have a keyboard or not.... >.>

Had to do this myself this past week, SE's 3D secure would take out the 1$ temp fee to make sure the card was valid then wouldn't take out the payment that was due to them... and of course they aren't fast about refunding that 1$ fee so with a prepaid card with limited funds, can only attempt to update so many times >.>