Xbox360 Turbo Controller Considered Botting?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » xbox360 turbo controller considered botting?
xbox360 turbo controller considered botting?
First Page 2
 Remora.Ampelius
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-30 11:36:47
Link | Citer | R

setting the "A" button to turbo, placing a 300 gram weight on it, and going afk while it casts a spell over and over to level magic skill.
 Ramuh.Zangada
Serveur: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-30 11:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Isnt that the point of botting, a machine doing it not u?
 Caitsith.Blurr
Serveur: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-30 12:15:10
Link | Citer | R

not sure if they even could jail you... your not exactly using third party applications (obv if your on xbox) or doing anything terms of service explicitly forbid. but good question..
[+]
 Remora.Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-30 12:16:00
Link | Citer | R

I was leveling summon skill as 75smn. I recieved a 5 day suspension for it after not answering a GM's tells.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-30 12:18:15
Link | Citer | R

That's old school! I wouldn't call it cheating, but if you're worried then go to some zone that's usually empty and hide somewhere off the beaten path.

Wadi seems to be the best zone these days.
 Valefor.Zolan
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2009-11-30 12:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Do I consider it botting NO... Do Gm's Yes I have been jailed for doing the same thing on PS2 leveling summoning magic... 12 levels into it and about 1/2 way thru a movie I fell asleep... woke up in GM jail... Not worth the risk...

EDIT And although your on PS2/360 I do not believe 360 has a lisceced turbo controller. And since you have to get a third party controller thats where the infraction comes in... At least thats how the GM explained it to me before I was suspended for 72 hrs.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-11-30 12:30:26
Link | Citer | R

I remember when I played FF1 on Nintendo, I would go to a store with tons of GP (back then it was Gold Pieces, not Gil), choose Potion or whatever, then put the controller's A button under my couch for a good 30 minutes so that I could buy out 99 pots.

Man, those were the days.

About the comment on the auto-refresh gear: If your level is high enough to wear auto-refresh gear and you still need to cast stuff on yourself to skill up, I think there's something wrong. Rdm's should be casting around 5+ buff's per fight plus 5+ debuffs and a good handful of healing spells (inb4 "I don't heal!!!"). Then again, that's just my opinion. o.o;

I've thought of doing that, though, with Ninjitsu spells since all I'd need are a couple of tools. I'd just need to check on it every while or so. Then again, I don't have a XBawks360.
 Remora.Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-30 12:39:27
Link | Citer | R

I have scoured the user agreements for playonline and ffxi and found nothing about turbo controllers.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=20&la=1

there is a line that says no "cheat devices" can be used but I think it's a stretch to call a turbo controller a cheat device.
[+]
 Remora.Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-30 12:42:57
Link | Citer | R

also Dram, I leveled my SMN in astral burn parties so I out leveled my skill big time. And I don't see how it's fair for characters to come out as lv.1 and leech burn parties to lv.75 in 2 days (I actually witnessed a character do this as NIN) I mean they stand there afk and do nothing and rack up 40+ Thousand exp at a time... and then I get suspended for standing outside bastok casting diablos while afk. it just doesn't make sense.
[+]
 Titan.Gennss
Serveur: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2009-11-30 12:44:51
Link | Citer | R

I would say, turbo controllers, though dirt common are not part of the original design of any game, thus cheat devices, primitive but still.
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-11-30 12:51:08
Link | Citer | R

no, its not botting. also a turbo controller is going to do more harm than good since the server will ignore you if you spam your claim too fast
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Serveur: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-30 12:51:14
Link | Citer | R

yea wow, interesting to know some of you actually DID get jailed for it. im a lil surprised, but i guess i shouldnt be.. nice op though, definitely was worth a gander, and i spose a good heads up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-11-30 13:13:54
Link | Citer | R

I would imagine its guilty unless proven innocent. A gm has no proof that you're using a controller and not a botting program, so they suspend you for it. Seems a bit harsh to me, I fail to see how button spamming is "cheating".
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 13:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Botting or not don't matter.

You can be jailed for absentee skilling up however. That is a violation. If a GM talks to you and you are unable to answer while continuing skilling up, then enjoy your PB.

Nobody cares about the tools you use. What matter is if you're here or not.

Then using a turbo controller while like reading a book and watching your FF XI screen from time to time is fine, you'll have no chance to get banned.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-30 13:15:42
Link | Citer | R

They was suspended for not replying back to a GM.

EDIT: was beaten to the punch.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 13:17:21
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Mabrook said:
It's Xbox, they don't bother/ban/suspend you unless you play on PC.

If you don't answer while continuing what you are doing (skilling up / mining / fishing / etc.), you will get suspended. Xbox, PS2, PC, doesn't matter.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 13:23:03
Link | Citer | R

You cannot. GM use a special box which will pop on your screen.

The question will looks like :

Are you there ? :

No / Yes / Maybe

Really there ? :

Maybe / No / Yes

Answers are placed randomly to prevent a "stupid" bot from reading them and thus answering yes twice.
[+]
 Remora.Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-30 13:23:26
Link | Citer | R

lol I know damn skill-ups I need now! good news is I was able to turbo controller from like lv70 to 235smn skill before getting in trouble for it. so I'm pretty close I guess. I want to go back to the same spot and turbo controller again but not be afk. after my 5 day suspension.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-30 13:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Well the person could be playing the game and not have a keyboard for their xbox. I know those were rough days the first few weeks playing FF.

All they had to do was pay attention and reply back.

EDIT: I wouldn't go back to the same spot. You'll just make someone mad and you'll be gone if it's the same GM.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 13:26:06
Link | Citer | R

It's special box I guess like the one you see when you log on into the game. I have never seen it from my own eyes, a friend of mine did (was fishing a lot).

Not like I ever botted, fishing skill 0.3 :/

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-11-30 13:30:16
Link | Citer | R

One of those lol moments if you go afk to find your keyboard has got the enter key jammed or something lol
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 13:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Most of player bot anyway, but they don't do it while being AFK that's why nobody get caught. Dual screen, bot on one side, play another game on the other side (or even FF XI while dual boxing).

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-30 13:40:26
Link | Citer | R

see thats what I was doing. leveling magic skill while at work and sleeping!
[+]
First Page 2