Scythe....Vs....Great Sword...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Scythe....Vs....Great Sword...
Scythe....Vs....Great Sword...
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2009-11-27 13:22:17
Link | Citer | R

With pizza you would be around 410~433 acc, with DE 430~453 acc. Exp that caps you on all mobs but Thf mamools, even on harder mobs, its still a good amount of acc to have during the TP phase.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
Serveur: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-11-28 16:05:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm kind of surprised that noone's hit the nail on the head here yet.

both scythe and GS are going to parse similarly on merit level mobs UNTILL you start feeding them atk buffs. once you pump enough atk into scythe, through outside buffs, you get a huge dmg boost from guillotine because of it being a milt-hit attack.

taking both to the HNM scene GS will generally parse better. feeding both enough buffs will put them on similar grounds, and in some cases scythe will do better.

I could probably fish up the math on this if you guys really want, but it's burried under a mound of papers with similar scribblings of random numbers *** eachother every which way, making finding it a lil' time consuming... lol (it's prety simple math any way, if you know anything about dmg ratings and pDif values it should be easy)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-28 21:36:22
Link | Citer | R

I didn't read the other responses. But just from experience, while leveling I found more uses for GS and I liked that it didn't hit so slowly. I started using scythe a bit more once Vassago's scythe and when I got Vorpal Scythe (ws) and definitely once I got guillotine. I use GS in merit pts and Scythe for endgame most of the time.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-28 21:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Regarding whether or not the first hit of a WS gets an accuracy boost or not, I'm betting it does based on a simple (albeit not scientific) test of mine on Limbus mobs: club 175 (for True Strike) offhanding a sword for "consistent" TP gain. I don't have the exact numbers on me, but club acc. was ~65%, Sword acc was ~90%, and I never missed a True Strike.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2362 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-05-17 14:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Albender said: »
Hi, I have been playing DRK since 2006 and it is the only job I have at 75. So listen to me LOL!

It all comes to personal taste. I am a Great Sword DRK and I can assure you I don't envy Scythe DRK's in terms of DMG.

Indeed Scythe is A+ and Great Sword isn't BUT people telling you differences in between them are huge do lie.

I say you use the one that you simply like the most.
In my case, Great Sword but heh! you may like that Guillotine better.

I take the opportunity to strongly complain on No Great Sword @ Nyzul.

:-)

personal taste :)
By volkom 2016-05-18 08:40:52
Link | Citer | R

The necrobump
[+]