What To Lookout For Coming To Shiva?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » What to lookout for coming to Shiva?
What to lookout for coming to Shiva?
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-11-25 23:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Daimos said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it. I'm just saying it lacks anything that generally makes people think "Omg I'm switching to that server" and stuff.
For instance, Siren is statistically the best server, so we get a lot of new people transferring here all the time. Lakshmi is statistically the second best, so I'm sure they get the same. And of course Asura is statistically the worst. Shiva just seems like a kind of in-the-middle server.

What makes these servers "statistically" best or worst?

I'll be changing servers around the first of the year, and I'm still undecided, so I'm also curious as to what you mean exactly by the "statistically" best and worst servers. 8)
 Shiva.Enjoylife
Serveur: Shiva
user: Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-25 23:37:14
Link | Citer | R

shiva sucks, small population, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE players, too many jps

and good luck finding a good NA endgame shell
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-11-25 23:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
shiva sucks, small population, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE players, too many jps

Shiva doesn't suck, it has a few notably suck-y people.

Last I checked, Shiva had one of the larger populations.

What's wrong with JP's?

As for endgame... well that's up in the air
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-26 00:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:

Bold: Pot calling the kettle black much?

And no, Shiva doesn't suck. The population isn't small, there's nothing wrong with Japanese players (in fact they're some of the nicest people I've played with if you treat them with a mutual respect), and there are plenty of good NA endgame shells. If you can't find a good one, you probably don't belong in one.
 Caitsith.Nixx
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Sixxi
By Caitsith.Nixx 2009-11-26 01:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:

I guess this guy is the occasional idiot you all were talking about lol. Endgame isnt good? I'm not worried about that I know how to run a shell. I'll take applications now pm them to me lol
[+]
 Shiva.Muter
user: Muter
By Shiva.Muter 2009-11-26 01:46:45
Link | Citer | R

"I guess this guy is the occasional idiot you all were talking about lol. Endgame isnt good? I'm not worried about that I know how to run a shell. I'll take applications now pm them to me lol"

Knowing how to run an EG LS has nothing to do with it.. Unless you plan on making some crazy JP-Early EU Time based LS, your ls wont last very long seeing as how camps are generally full almost everyday.. If you seen the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE BG Post by Overdrive about his Ls recruiting, Kenny said something about Shiva endgame is wide open then your an Idiot. Overdrives already snatched up some of the remaining Fate members and some newer/not very experienced players and is already camping things like before he sold his Amano. You have a better shot coming solo seeking a ls then making your own imo.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-11-26 02:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Actually if you look at http://www.ffxiah.com/database.php
We have the 2nd most amount of Characters Active than all worlds besides Ragnarok, idk if thats just people that have registered on here though. So technically we're bigger than Siren, still feels small and there are more JP's than NA or EU.

Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-26 02:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Nixx said:
everyone there prolly stops what their doing to besieged.
Why does everyone think this? Just because we're still undefeated? I haven't gone to Besieged in a long while, and for the ones I have been to, there haven't been more than 300 people.

The reason we stay undefeated is because our players know wtf they're doing.
[+]
 Shiva.Enjoylife
user: Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-26 03:17:46
Link | Citer | R

everyones giving biased opinions becasue they wuv their servers. dont hate me for giving an honest opinion

and jp are some of the biggest *** in the game, they prefer to do jp only aswell so your not going to be making any connections with them or anything like that
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-26 06:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
For instance, Siren is statistically the best server, so we get a lot of new people transferring here all the time. Lakshmi is statistically the second best, so I'm sure they get the same. And of course Asura is statistically the worst.

You are basing your information on what, Besieged?

Thats not a good stat to go by....

You are making it sound like you guys are the best players, but you aren't because nobody on Asura does Besieged anyway. Not because we know we will lose the candy, but because why should we stop doing what we are doing whenever a besieged is about to start?
[+]
 Shiva.Lucant
user: Lucant
By Shiva.Lucant 2009-11-26 10:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:
everyones giving biased opinions becasue they wuv their servers. dont hate me for giving an honest opinion

and jp are some of the biggest *** in the game, they prefer to do jp only aswell so your not going to be making any connections with them or anything like that

Exactly! most players in shiva are jp and most of them refuse to help and do events with none speaking jp players,maybe except for exp parties lol.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-26 10:32:09
Link | Citer | R

Whats wrong with Japanese players only wanting to play with Japanese players during events which require cordniation?

I mean, wouldn't you want to play with only English speaking players during Nyzul Isle?

The road goes both ways you know.
[+]
 Shiva.Lyra
user: Lyra
By Shiva.Lyra 2009-11-26 10:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Really last I checked Shiva was one of the more populated servers, and I'm not really sure what is so bad about JP players. I have many JP friends on Shiva and have done many events with JP players, if they are a *** to you it is most likely you did something they found rude. You have to remember things translate a lot differently from them to us, or us to them and their culture is a lot different. English speakers do a lot of things that can be considered highly rude, even though it may be something normal for us. And honestly like Korpg said, when it comes to certain things it makes it a lot easier to do events or such with people who speak the same language as you. The language barrier has always been an issue, but at least some JP make an attempt to learn some english while there are a lot of english speakers out there who don't even take the time to learn any JP and then just complain about it.

And I second Drteeth
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-11-26 11:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Drteeth said:
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
shiva sucks, small population, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE players, too many jps and good luck finding a good NA endgame shell
Bold: Pot calling the kettle black much? And no, Shiva doesn't suck. The population isn't small, there's nothing wrong with Japanese players (in fact they're some of the nicest people I've played with if you treat them with a mutual respect), and there are plenty of good NA endgame shells. If you can't find a good one, you probably don't belong in one.

Made my day.
 Shiva.Nindo
By Shiva.Nindo 2009-11-26 22:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva is a pretty awesome server ^^. You'll meet alot of really good and friendly people, like Lyra (Lyra<3) for instance. And of course you'll find some the people make you wonder if its really worth the monthly fee just to see their emo-ness on your PC/TV screen. Other than that I can't think of much else to tell you lol. Welcome to Shiva tho when you come over :D. And if you ever need any help feel free to send me a tell. Or if you want a pearl for a social LS I don't mind giving you one.
 Caitsith.Nixx
By Caitsith.Nixx 2009-11-27 09:57:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nindo said:
Shiva is a pretty awesome server ^^. You'll meet alot of really good and friendly people, like Lyra (Lyra<3) for instance. And of course you'll find some the people make you wonder if its really worth the monthly fee just to see their emo-ness on your PC/TV screen. Other than that I can't think of much else to tell you lol. Welcome to Shiva tho when you come over :D. And if you ever need any help feel free to send me a tell. Or if you want a pearl for a social LS I don't mind giving you one.
Thanks Nindo ^^. Lookin forward to it!
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-11-27 17:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva is indeed a lovely server, been on it since I started playing this game, never had any trouble finding new friends and active linkshells. From my experiences the majority of players on shiva are friendly and easy going.
Of course, just like every other server, there will be a peppering of ***, fortunately I have had few encounters with such folk.

Coming from someone who has only been on one server, as much as that's worth, I think Shiva is great! Hope you enjoy your stay if you end up here^^
 Ifrit.Clouse
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-27 21:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Caitsith.Nixx said:
everyone there prolly stops what their doing to besieged.
Why does everyone think this? Just because we're still undefeated? I haven't gone to Besieged in a long while, and for the ones I have been to, there haven't been more than 300 people.

The reason we stay undefeated is because our players know wtf they're doing.

My server is lucky to break 75 ppl in besieged T.T

We dont lose the candy that much though.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-11-28 21:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva has some of the nicest players I've ever played with, but of course you will have the odd moron pop up every now and then (I had someone camp over us in Qufim the other day, and say they have the right to because they go there everyday >.>)

There's a lot of Japs on, but i've always got on with Japanese folk, I do feel a little miffed when i see "JP only" in a search comment, but meh i do understand that they want some communication.

Endgame wise, there's lots of linkshells shouting for EU and NA.

We don't have too many HNM Linkshells that i know of, but there are a few.
 Caitsith.Nixx
By Caitsith.Nixx 2009-11-28 22:44:14
Link | Citer | R

I can tell Shiva is a server with a lot of quality on it. Thanks all for posting here. I'll be there soon!
By Zentesukun 2009-11-29 16:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Nindo can also give you good pointers on how to run in a massive redlight district ls xD (Inside jokez, stay out) Seriously, you wont regret coming here, it does have a slew of very knowledgable ppl that are always more than willing to help. /welcome and look forward to seeing you around 8)
 Shiva.Dharkhon
By Shiva.Dharkhon 2009-11-29 19:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Lyra said:
Really last I checked Shiva was one of the more populated servers, and I'm not really sure what is so bad about JP players. I have many JP friends on Shiva and have done many events with JP players, if they are a *** to you it is most likely you did something they found rude. You have to remember things translate a lot differently from them to us, or us to them and their culture is a lot different. English speakers do a lot of things that can be considered highly rude, even though it may be something normal for us. And honestly like Korpg said, when it comes to certain things it makes it a lot easier to do events or such with people who speak the same language as you. The language barrier has always been an issue, but at least some JP make an attempt to learn some english while there are a lot of english speakers out there who don't even take the time to learn any JP and then just complain about it.

And I second Drteeth

I have been in good and bad parties, NA, mixed and JP with me being the only English speaker. No two parties are going to be exactly alike, and some groups may be picky about what they want, and what to do in the party, and that's their right. I was in a all JP party that kicked me out simply because I didnt have sushi for my MNK/WAR, but 1 month later was in another that lasted 3 hours. My GF, who plays an Elvaan WHM/BLM main has had more than a few JP parties where she was the only Enlish speaker and has yet to have a problem. There are at least 3 Japanese speaking people in our Linkshell (CoffeeBreak) and one actually lives IN Japan.
Ultimately its up to you, but for those putting people down simply because of nationality, I say get a *** life.

Nixx ... if you are in need of a good social LS ... send a /tell to Shimmer or if shes not online, my GF Savil. We'll get you into Coffeebreak. Its not a EGLS but its a good social one with lots of people that actually talk and help each other.
 Shiva.Dharkhon
By Shiva.Dharkhon 2009-11-29 19:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Enjoylife said:

And you wonder why you spend so much time alone, Enj.
(yes, Ive seen your dumb *** soloing for some time.)
 Shiva.Emobi
user: Emobi
By Shiva.Emobi 2009-11-29 20:30:21
Link | Citer | R

I think I'm the only person whose had a nice conversation with Enjoylife :/ I didn't get the impression that he hated Shiva so very much. Must have been a bad day.

Shiva is great! It may sound silly, but I did a cross-server psychology report on the behavior of online gamers (yes... the paper is as amusing as you might think) and found during my 6 month study that Shiva has one of the best social scenes throughout the game.

The social norm is to just be NICE. *** are shunned, and usually leave the server very quickly. So.. if someone is mean to you... don't worry... a ton of nice players have your back :)

As for endgame: It's not AMAZING. We don't have any BlueGartrs (THANK GOD!!! Those wankers are SO annoying) and hopefully, we never will. Anything that gets close is.... kinda mocked... it's a game...

Hope to see you soon, Nixx ^^ You won't regret it at all!
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-11-29 20:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Now I'm actually kind of interested in reading that paper of yours Emobi ;O
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-29 21:30:15
Link | Citer | R

You're all making me miss Shiva more than I already do. :(
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-29 22:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
You're all making me miss Shiva more than I already do. :(

You can always come back! :o
 Shiva.Tomasina
user: Tomasina
By Shiva.Tomasina 2009-12-01 17:38:17
Link | Citer | R

1. Very very nice people (NA/EU/JP)

2. Many specialty event shells-Not many all event endgame shells
Had a hard time finding good event shells when I first transferred here, since many of them don't advertise. But thru word of mouth(linkshell members) I found a good dynamis, Einherjar, and limbus shell. I even found a very nice all Mithra linkshell!! DeathbyHairball GO!GO! Still looking for Salvage shell at the moment.

3. My only problem on this server has been the difficulty in finding mission help really in Whitegate, can only shout for so long lol.

4. The only reason I would want to transfer out would be to return back to my home server(Siren) and retire there. But Shiva is a very nice server, if youre looking for a casual relaxed server. Good luck and /welcome if you decide to join us ^^.