Link | Citer | R

That would be up to SE
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-19 12:22:39
Link | Citer | R

That would make a character fun and different from other people without ungodly increasing damage or defense. ITs possible
By Mikumaru 2009-11-19 12:23:12
Link | Citer | R

I have to agree with Kor , it would cause some unbalance . Even having 2 jobs at 75 that share traits and skills still makes you choose between certian things . SCH and BLM as an example . if you had 24 max in Magic skills then you could easily go 8/8 Ele , 8/8 Enfeeb , 8/8 Enhancing . this would surely cause these already powerful job to become almost over bearing in powa . our skills are capped the way they are for a reason . we may not know why , but i am sure its the same reasoning why a RNG has an A- (269) Ranged Weapon Skill opposed to an A+ (276) . Obviously those 7 base skill Lvs make a differnce some where , some how . I would LOVE to beable to fully merit SumMag , Ele , Enh , Enfeb , and when the time comes BluMag but i am sure it could cause some serious unballance . A SCH with a base Enh of 272 , then throwing on more from GEars could make thier Barspell , especially BarEle , surpass that of Relic Pants wearing WHMs rendering WHM Useless , save for Raise 3 .
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-19 12:28:29
Link | Citer | R

As far as having merits for potential abilities traits worth a crapload of merits. Race specific would be nice. Think of the races... Taru could have some magic ability, increase in HP substantially, and every race according to there strengths.
If the merits are costly and very time consuming and u commit yourself to it, I feel u deserve to be slightly out of balance from others.
 Fairy.Berserkerjr
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Berserkerjr 2009-11-19 12:39:43
Link | Citer | R

I think what should be uncapped (meaning that you can 8/8 upgrades) is combat skills at least.

Whats the point on having 2 jobs with 8/8 on something and then all your other lvl75 jobs 0/0... Where does that help the balance of the game?...

Now IMO, uncapping Magic skills will break the balance of the game. I do believe that.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-19 12:40:51
Link | Citer | R

how about a crapload of merits for..

AOE regen or refresh ability
A provoke ability that inflicts small damage.
Ninjitsu that casts extra shadow.
DRKs or BLM with Dark magic resist/killer effect

Almost changing most spells into AOE would be great.
THese are justa few ideas off top of my head.
 Asura.Twotones
Serveur: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2009-11-19 12:41:43
Link | Citer | R

I agree with Korpg with this. They should, however, make a Level 3 Job Abilities and make them powerful, but require 3/6/9/9/9 merits on them to maximize it to its full potential. Just 1 JA that would make it super. But make it 3/6/10/10/10. Also I think for the people that has several 75 jobs they need to make it where if you want to take off capped hth merrits and put them on gkatana you should not lose it just be able to transfer them but at a cost like few xp or merrits.
 Remora.Ampelius
Serveur: Remora
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-19 12:57:52
Link | Citer | R

while they're at it they could go ahead and add more sweet bird camps
 Bismarck.Barrd
Serveur: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-19 12:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Ampelius said:
while they're at it they could go ahead and add more sweet bird camps

Yes that a good idea.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2009-11-19 13:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Barspell , especially BarEle , surpass that of Relic Pants wearing WHMs rendering WHM Useless , save for Raise 3 .

Except WHM still has afflatus solace which gives a bonus to barspells, blessed briault which gives a bonus to barspells, oh yeah and 5/5 Shellra V which apparently beats any MDB until you hit the mdt-% cap.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Serveur: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-11-19 13:16:00
Link | Citer | R

se shouldnt unlock merits, just raise the caps a little. like let us go with a max of 8 lvls on the str, dex category but leave the cap of 5 lvls per trait. then you can still max one and have a lil bit left over to play with. tbh se wont increase any of the caps till more ppl have cap'd merits. thats the only reason se raised the caps in the first place.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-19 13:24:52
Link | Citer | R

I hate meritting generally speaking. I need about 5000, but the only question I have is what job is better with summoning magic than summoner? Some of the ***SE does is just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
..and bard? wtf? seriously? 225 caps?

I do think they have to adjust the magic and combat skills. Although, besides BLU they have not added a new type of magic or weapon type in a long time. It's silly, but I'll never have all the merits I need so I don't care. /sadpanda.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-19 15:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tallulah said:
I hate meritting generally speaking. I need about 5000, but the only question I have is what job is better with summoning magic than summoner? Some of the ***SE does is just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
..and bard? wtf? seriously? 225 caps?

Songs go by wind + singing or string + singing skill, so it's really a lot higher than 225.
Odin.Blazza said:
I don't think it's unreasonable to want to level 2 jobs to 75 and be able to merit them both fully.

BLU and SMN.
BLU and PLD.
SMN and PLD.
SCH and BLM (arguably).
MNK and PUP.
BLU and BST.
WAR and BST.
WAR and RDM.
WHM and DRG.
SAM and DRG.
THF and DNC.
BLU and DNC.

etc. etc. loads of two job combos fully meritable.

If you're all-mage, though, then you've got a stickier situation.

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-19 15:14:59
Link | Citer | R

you'd think most melee jobs would benefit from STR, DEX, and those such merits.

OI OI OI, I don't see DRK on your little list!
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-11-19 15:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Barrd said:
for (exp)
<mp merit 8/8 and hp merit 8/8>
or
Str 5/5
int 5/5
chr 5/5
dex 5/5
agi 5/5

give there {OPINION}!!!! <----- KEY WORD I'm not saying thay should!!

*facepalm*

because you need think how customize your character, You just want make merits merits like crazy and do not think one bit

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-19 15:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Darkei said:
Bismarck.Barrd said:
for (exp)
<mp merit 8/8 and hp merit 8/8>
or
Str 5/5
int 5/5
chr 5/5
dex 5/5
agi 5/5

give there {OPINION}!!!! <----- KEY WORD I'm not saying thay should!!

*facepalm*

because you need think how customize your character, You just want make merits merits like crazy and do not think one bit

In Modder Russia, merit points spend YOU on upgrades!
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-11-19 15:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Why doesn't SE implement a system where you can click on the Merit button and get to choose which merits are active depending on what job you're currently using? For instance allow us to fully 8/8 HP and 8/8 MP, I go to my mog house and switch to let's say WAR from WHM, I click on my HP merits then my MP merits go gray. Make it so you can only change your merits while inside your mog house so you couldn't flip the merit switch on the fly. If they decided to go that way, they could lift the cap on all the merits completely and just allow us to pick and choose which ones were truly active.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-19 15:45:29
Link | Citer | R

I still don't understand how not giving me a cap on how many merits i can spend would make the game unbalanced...

I already have 5/5 store tp, 5/5 meditate recast, I don't need anymore tier 1.

Oh noes! giving me no cap so i can get 5/5 into that ability gives me more tp for zanshin will make me overpowered! =x

I also have 1/5 shikikiyo, 4/5 overwhelm.. I'll probably do 1 into blade bash and 1 more into overwhelm..

if i could i'd have 8/8 GK, 8/8 sword, 8/8 polearm, 4/4 parrying, 4/4 evasion, 5/5 STR, 5/5 DEX, 5/5 VIT. so i'm going to pwn some newbs... >_> or something.. supposedly..

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-19 15:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Sifridus said:
Why doesn't SE implement a system where you can click on the Merit button and get to choose which merits are active depending on what job you're currently using? For instance allow us to fully 8/8 HP and 8/8 MP, I go to my mog house and switch to let's say WAR from WHM, I click on my HP merits then my MP merits go gray. Make it so you can only change your merits while inside your mog house so you couldn't flip the merit switch on the fly. If they decided to go that way, they could lift the cap on all the merits completely and just allow us to pick and choose which ones were truly active.

thats a good idea actually, but like all great ideas, SE will just do this...

Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-19 15:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
I still don't understand how not giving me a cap on how many merits i can spend would make the game unbalanced... I already have 5/5 store tp, 5/5 meditate recast, I don't need anymore tier 1. Oh noes! giving me no cap so i can get 5/5 into that ability gives me more tp for zanshin will make me overpowered! =x I also have 1/5 shikikiyo, 4/5 overwhelm.. I'll probably do 1 into blade bash and 1 more into overwhelm.. if i could i'd have 8/8 GK, 8/8 sword, 8/8 polearm, 4/4 parrying, 4/4 evasion, 5/5 STR, 5/5 DEX, 5/5 VIT. so i'm going to pwn some newbs... >_> or something.. supposedly..

That's only one job. Other jobs have merits where if they were all full, that job would be really, really powerful. Imagine everyone having the maximum of every job. Game would go into easy mode.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-19 16:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
I still don't understand how not giving me a cap on how many merits i can spend would make the game unbalanced... I already have 5/5 store tp, 5/5 meditate recast, I don't need anymore tier 1. Oh noes! giving me no cap so i can get 5/5 into that ability gives me more tp for zanshin will make me overpowered! =x I also have 1/5 shikikiyo, 4/5 overwhelm.. I'll probably do 1 into blade bash and 1 more into overwhelm.. if i could i'd have 8/8 GK, 8/8 sword, 8/8 polearm, 4/4 parrying, 4/4 evasion, 5/5 STR, 5/5 DEX, 5/5 VIT. so i'm going to pwn some newbs... >_> or something.. supposedly..

That's only one job. Other jobs have merits where if they were all full, that job would be really, really powerful. Imagine everyone having the maximum of every job. Game would go into easy mode.

that would suck since its already been dumbed down.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-19 16:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Hell, seeing all the people leaving now, wouldn't be surprised if SE just said "*** it, just let them have it. Game's gone to hell anyway."
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-19 16:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Mikumaru said:
A SCH with a base Enh of 272 , then throwing on more from GEars could make thier Barspell , especially BarEle , surpass that of Relic Pants wearing WHMs rendering WHM Useless , save for Raise 3 .

Merits wut?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-19 16:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Hell, seeing all the people leaving now, wouldn't be surprised if SE just said "*** it, just let them have it. Game's gone to hell anyway."

no, SE just decides to choke the game even more with useless updates and add-ons
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-19 16:08:36
Link | Citer | R

You'll get your avatars one day.
*puts on Mac vs PC commercial*

"Trust me."
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-19 16:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

no, SE just decides to choke the game even more with useless updates and add-ons
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-19 16:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Oh comon, you know the new wedding stuff is so *** awesome.
FUCKING AWESOME
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-19 16:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Oh comon, you know the new wedding stuff is so *** awesome.
FUCKING AWESOME

SE has a thing against pixelated gay people, so no, it's not awesome. :(
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-19 16:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Not just SE.
A large chunk of the asian society.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7