ATTN: Smokers, I Have A Question.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Caitsith.Blurr
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-08 16:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Don't worry FFXI smokers. If you get lung cancer due to smoking I'll still visit you in the hospital. <3

I'm not an extremist.

thats cool then.. long as yer not someone whos like, your gay? omg your going to hell for it! omg you smoke? your going to hell for it..
i think smoking is dumb too personally, but hey.. to each their own. i even have a personal rule about not caring what people do. since no matter what it even is, theres somthing worse going on somewhere else.. so whats the point?

and even more off topic, public establishment regulations on smoking are governed by towns individually for the most part. one town may have a 100% comprehensive smoke free ordinance, and another town right next door maybe have an ordinance making stand alone bars exempt. here in my town, its illegal to smoke within 20 feet of any public building even. smokers pretty much have to go out into the street or their car lol <,<
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 16:02:23
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image

LOL @ this add on ffxiah site. Right next to me now.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-08 16:05:00
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Celelove said:
I smoke because it helps me to get rid of some stress.

You can find other alternatives for stress relief. Don't use that excuse as a crutch.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 16:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

You can find other alternatives for stress relief. Don't use that excuse as a crutch.

User submitted image
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
We call those kind of people pyromaniacs. That's another addiction. >.>

Meh I don't start fires. Have you ever just stared at a fire? It's kinda nice.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

Lol yeah there are um litterally thousands of alternatives.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 16:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

Lots in my youth. A person that never started a fire(or attempted to start one) is like a kid that never stole something.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-08 16:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

who are you to even judge or determine whats un/acceptable to relieve stress ? when your president someday, maybe ill take that a little more seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-08 16:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Blurr said:
who are you to even judge or determine whats un/acceptable to relieve stress ? when your president someday, maybe ill take that a little more seriously.

I drop babies to relieve stress.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-08 16:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

A previous smoker. Who are you?
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-08 16:10:56
Link | Citer | R

I smoked for about 10 years. I do know what I'm talking about.
[+]
 Shiva.Dinarii
Serveur: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2009-11-08 16:11:01
Link | Citer | R

high horses breed high horses no? but really, if you have to ask such a question, you won't ever be satisfied with an answer because you already came to some conclusion that you most likely won't be swayed from. these forums have already bred more of these kinds of posts than could be imagined.

i am an accepting person, not everyone has my outlook on life. but seeing douchebaggery at it's finest in these threads, although mildly entertaining, is the same garbage that is being spewed globally on a daily basis. "don't spank your kids" "x is bad for you" "we don't like x thing so let's ban it in public places" it's borderline hysteric insanity.

if people globally were just a tad more accepting, and would actually you know, attempt to understand things others go through, it might just be a bit better of a place. i used to smoke, i smoked for quite some time, i was able to quit, but there's more to smoking than just smoking. there's the nicotine, there's the oral fixation, there's the weight loss/gain from it, and the political standpoints put upon it.

in all honesty, there are some who want to be helped. sadly, there are also a vast majority who don't want help, or don't realize what they are doing to themselves. this isnt just with smoking but a lot of things. but other people pointing out the same crap that is pointed out on an hourly basis, really doesn't help at all. the amount of time and effort that is put into getting ppl to come to the point of public ridicule about a particular thing could have been put towards helping those others out. it's a misuse of resources that could have been put towards more aiding and worthwhile things.

while you may think i am riding a high horse woo, i also am able to look around me and see what is being done, and what also isnt working.

PS: still have <3 for woo
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:12:52
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

It had nothing to do with what they were finding and saying that it is an invalid excuse because there are other stress relievers. Regardless of weither it is good or bad or neither it's still not a good excuse. That's like asking a fat person why they eat at mcdonalds 4 meals a day and them saying they are hungry
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-08 16:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

another average *** person like yourself. i however am not a hypocrite judging people for the ***they do till it in any way shape or form hurts other people.
you too might do a bunch of crap that annoys other people, or that they may look down upon you for. and id stand up for you too telling them the same thing im essentially saying to ANYONE judging other people for ANYTHING.. "i welcome you to grab a spoon, and eat my ***."
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Lots in my youth. A person that never started a fire(or attempted to start one) is like a kid that never stole something.

Well I used... when I was 3. Um for some reason I never did again. But still like fires. Almost as comforting as listening to the rain pitter patter
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 16:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Dinarii said:
and the political standpoints put upon it.

What do you mean?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
I drop babies to relieve stress.

But if you do that too much they wont be any good to you for um other things...
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-08 16:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

another average *** person like yourself. i however am not a hypocrite judging people for the ***they do till it in any way shape or form hurts other people.
you too might do a bunch of crap that annoys other people, or that they may look down upon you for. and id stand up for you too telling them the same thing im essentially saying to ANYONE judging other people for ANYTHING.. "i welcome you to grab a spoon, and eat my ***."

I have no idea what you are going on about... I'm not judging anyone nor looking down on anyone. Celelove replied saying that they smoke for stress relief and I simply said there are other forms of stress relief. I'm not here to argue about the rights and wrongs of smoking. Everyone makes choices in their life. If smoking is one of those choices so be it, but you know its not doing you good.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Anyways I stare at flames to relieve stress
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 16:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd
Ultimate Champion of the World

Listen to this man. He's stronger than Goku.
[+]
 Shiva.Dinarii
Serveur: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2009-11-08 16:25:47
Link | Citer | R

political standpoints, aka there's no more smoking adverts, its a stigma put towards bars, and nightlife in general by most political advisors.

not my heaviest argument, but an argument nonetheless xD
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd Ultimate Champion of the World Listen to this man. He's stronger than Goku.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-08 16:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

You can find other alternatives for stress relief. ----Don't use that excuse as a crutch----.

how is that not condescending ? dude doesnt even need an excuse period, hes just doing what he wants to do.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:
You can find other alternatives for stress relief. ----Don't use that excuse as a crutch----.
how is that not condescending ? dude doesnt even need an excuse period, hes just doing what he wants to do.

The mere fact that an excuse was used implies that the person agrees that they shouldn't but is finding reasons not too. Sure they could've been like you cause I want to. But they didn't now did they?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-08 16:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:

But if you do that too much they wont be any good to you for um other things...

What are you implying?
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-08 16:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Kujata.Celelove said:

It had nothing to do with what they were finding and saying that it is an invalid excuse because there are other stress relievers. Regardless of weither it is good or bad or neither it's still not a good excuse. That's like asking a fat person why they eat at mcdonalds 4 meals a day and them saying they are hungry

its not a good excuse in YOUR opinion.. and thats cool, opinions are like ***, everybody's one. and thats exactly why i cant/wont judge people since were all just victims of circumstances in life. a fat guy eating mcdonalds 4x a day is no ones business either, theres no good/bad excuse to it at all. it just is what it is, someone doing what they want to do, and no one has any right to judge.
is a crack baby born in the ghetto not having a "good excuse for ending up a dead gangbanger @ age of 16 ? some might argue theres no excuse, thats not a good excuse, anyone can do/be whatever they want in life, it could of been totally avoidable, whatever etc.. "
id argue you dont know what its like in anyone elses shoes but your own.. you can imagine, and try to pretend all you want, but you'll never ever really know. presuming you know how to do things better than someone else.. ***just presuming to know what its LIKE to be someone else.. is just ignorant as ***.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-08 16:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Maybe it was a little pretentious of me to assume that you are using stress relief as an excuse, for that I apologize. However, I know when I smoked I justified it using many excuses... none of which were the truth for me. Simply put I was addicted. I would always say it was stress relief... stress of not having my fix was more like it. But this is my experience and probably not what Celelove does. I'm sure its simply stress relief as stated.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 16:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Your the one making presumptions here.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]