New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22
By Afania 2024-09-10 13:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You cant be serious

My original post of "tough boss" is mostly a joke, not even serious personal attack, idk why you are THIS mad at it anyways.

I even agree with you that her claim is unprofessional. You should just leave it instead of getting mad at every choice of word, something very trivial.

Chill.
By Afania 2024-09-10 13:12:36
Link | Citer | R

You cant be serious

Youre actually questioning who “weirdos” are in that context?? I *** cant even
Shes talking about NFL fans clearly, and soon those weirdos wont have any NFL games to watch.

The "weirdos" in her sentence are Concord haters who hated concord because it's woke, obviously.

So they aren't consumer because they aren't the target audience that will buy concord to begin with. I can't imagine Concord haters would hate a game and buy it anyways.

She attacked people who didn't buy the game. So I said it is unprofessional that she attacked people who didn't buy the game, but they are not customers of Concord. How is that even wrong? And why are you mad at me for saying that?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 13:13:53
Link | Citer | R

“Its just a prank bro” vibes
By Afania 2024-09-10 13:14:50
Link | Citer | R

“Its just a prank bro” vibes

Believe whatever you want then, I am done.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 13:16:37
Link | Citer | R

A video game company sees all video gamers as the intended consumer. Not all genres will attract every gamer. A RPG lover isnt picking up a hero shooter. In the case of Concord, they were attempting to tap into the hero shooter market of Overwatch, Valorant, CoD, Fortnite, etc etc
By Pantafernando 2024-09-10 13:40:35
Link | Citer | R

U sad u ould stop postin u suq
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 13:42:11
Link | Citer | R

I said Id stop discussing things off topic. Ive kept my word. Everything since has been about new games being suck.
By Rips 2024-09-10 16:18:30
Link | Citer | R

That YouTube video that was posted pages back titled gaming as you get older was great.

I bought Zelda Tears of the Kingdom like many of us did. I couldn’t finish it. I don’t know why. I felt overwhelmed, and when I was playing, I felt like I should be doing something else with my time.

The game I purchased before that was the remake of RE4 which I loved and completed every trophy. A much easier experience to swallow.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-10 16:18:51
Link | Citer | R

I said Id stop discussing things off topic. Ive kept my word. Everything since has been about new games being suck.
You could do the 'ol switcheroo. Argue that some of them don't suck.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-10 16:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Argue that some of them don't suck.
On that note, I recently finished Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus, and it was a lot of fun. I found a number of the bosses challenging and the puzzles engaging. that said I did finish it in less than 24 hours, but with the little time I have to play a game each day, that still took me a couple of weeks.

Idk why I never click with hollow knight, but Bo which seems pretty similar really clicked for me. It also got me wondering if I need to just play hollow knight a bit more and see if it can hook me like Bo did.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-09-10 17:00:15
Link | Citer | R

I loved Tears of the Kingdom. So much so that I ignored the quest guiding markers and did not get the paraglider for the entirety of my first playthrough, leading to some truly whacky experiences and more deaths than my first playthrough of Dark Souls.

Still prefer Breath of the Wild, but that's mainly because I feel like the story elements in ToTK are disjointed as are the games themselves. They took the route of, "Well, yeah, we'll reuse the same characters and the major ones will reference Link's deeds in BoTW, but the minor and sidequest ones will have near total amnesia."

I also couldn't shake the feeling that the Zonai were alien to Hyrule's planet, and there was potential for Ganon to be motivated by that. Literally every time I saw the statues of Sonia and Rauru, I just thought, "Damn, this alien really be moving in on my Hylian women, and this makes Zelda like 1/6400th alien." (He's a triclops draconic goat man)

That and my most major complaint being, they got rid of elemental arrows almost entirely in favor of having you fuse literally every single shot, which was neat, but kind of bogged down certain bow heavy fights. Absolutely busted anyway with Keese Eyeballs or Wings, too.

10/10 Would still climb the Gerudo Women mountains.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 17:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
You could do the 'ol switcheroo. Argue that some of them don't suck.
I did

YouTube Video Placeholder

Looks like a banger. I dont know much about Warhammer lore, but shooting big guns and smashing things with a large hammer is my idea of a good time.
I've had great things to say about Wukong. I enjoyed FF7 Rebirth. I platted Stellar Blade. I mostly liked TotK, the underground area sucked and there was a lot of time wasting potential down there though.

Aeterna Noctis is a solid Metroidvania type game, though that wound up on the backburner when Monké came out.
By Rips 2024-09-11 02:13:50
Link | Citer | R

If thats what you got from that, sure.

I'm sure you enjoyed the 30 minute "hook the gay couple up for prom" quest, the 40 minute "take Hailey around NYC to do graffiti" quest, and the repeated absolute slog missions sneaking around as MJ. I'm playing Spider-Man, I want to do flippy Spider-Man ***and swing between buildings.

Hey, speaking of that first quest, did you know that it doesnt exist in certain versions of the game released to specific regions? This means the inclusion of those elements was strictly for ESG scores and virtue signaling.

Say what you want about SE, but they told those same regions that outlaw homosexuality to kick rocks. Dion Lesage is gay, its part of his storyline, its part of his character, it wont be changed, you arent getting this game.

Although I largely agree with what both you and Thorny said about forced diversity in this thread, in more than just video games, I don't see that Spiderman side quest as virtue signaling to me as a gay man. I see it as a game company finally selling to me after I've been a customer since the early days of the NES. It's also one of the most realistic ways to sell to us. What better way than an optional side quest (not forced to complete) where something realistic is happening in a realistic setting: New York City, home and birth to the gay rights movement. I'm willing to bet $10 that two gay dudes like me planned a prom date in that city together in real life, unlike something truly woke, unrealistic, and virtue signaling - like a rural mountain town with 30 people in it.
[+]
By Drayco 2024-09-11 06:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
I bought Zelda Tears of the Kingdom like many of us did. I couldn’t finish it. I don’t know why. I felt overwhelmed, and when I was playing, I felt like I should be doing something else with my time.
I'm surprised, I was really immersed in TotK. I was a bit upset with how it was a BotW clone, but if you look back Zelda has a habit of duplicating it's games. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were the same game.

The first time I jumped into the underworld in TotK I was absolutely hooked. I just ran around exploring way more than I ever followed quest markers. I never really got into all the crazy build stuff when I played, but I watched plenty of videos of that insanity.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-11 06:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
If thats what you got from that, sure.

I'm sure you enjoyed the 30 minute "hook the gay couple up for prom" quest, the 40 minute "take Hailey around NYC to do graffiti" quest, and the repeated absolute slog missions sneaking around as MJ. I'm playing Spider-Man, I want to do flippy Spider-Man ***and swing between buildings.

Hey, speaking of that first quest, did you know that it doesnt exist in certain versions of the game released to specific regions? This means the inclusion of those elements was strictly for ESG scores and virtue signaling.

Say what you want about SE, but they told those same regions that outlaw homosexuality to kick rocks. Dion Lesage is gay, its part of his storyline, its part of his character, it wont be changed, you arent getting this game.

Although I largely agree with what both you and Thorny said about forced diversity in this thread, in more than just video games, I don't see that Spiderman side quest as virtue signaling to me as a gay man. I see it as a game company finally selling to me after I've been a customer since the early days of the NES. It's also one of the most realistic ways to sell to us. What better way than an optional side quest (not forced to complete) where something realistic is happening in a realistic setting: New York City, home and birth to the gay rights movement. I'm willing to bet $10 that two gay dudes like me planned a prom date in that city together in real life, unlike something truly woke, unrealistic, and virtue signaling - like a rural mountain town with 30 people in it.
If it wasnt virtue signaling, then why was the quest altered (or removed, not sure the end result) for certain regions where you would be jailed or killed for being a gay man?

SE stood their ground about Dion being gay and it was an integral part of his character. Insomniac/Sony folded like a wet noodle and removed all the LGBTQ elements from their game just so they could release it in Saudi Arabia and other LGBTQ-unfriendly countries. Thats fake support for the LGBTQ community, textbook virtue signaling.

(not forced to complete)
If your goal is to plat the game, you're forced to complete it.
Sorry, you're not "forced", since you're under no obligation or coersion to plat the game. Is required better? For some OCD people, they feel forced to plat a game. Thats the sign that they completely beat the game.

On the definition of "forced", you're not "forced" to use a bard in ffxi, but you're gonna have a really bad time trying to do almost any content in ffxi without a bard.
By Afania 2024-09-11 08:30:30
Link | Citer | R

SE stood their ground about Dion being gay and it was an integral part of his character. Insomniac/Sony folded like a wet noodle and removed all the LGBTQ elements from their game just so they could release it in Saudi Arabia and other LGBTQ-unfriendly countries. Thats fake support for the LGBTQ community, textbook virtue signaling.

Blame the government of those countries for banning LGBTQ then, why blame the game Dev? You are blaming the wrong person and looking for excuse to make left wing ideology in video games invalid.

If your goal is to plat the game, you're forced to complete it.
Sorry, you're not "forced", since you're under no obligation or coersion to plat the game. Is required better? For some OCD people, they feel forced to plat a game. Thats the sign that they completely beat the game.

Or don't buy games with LGBTQ in it if you don't like seeing LGBTQ. Use tags to filter them out. That way you aren't forced to plat it either. Go buy Stellar Blade or something.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-11 08:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Nah, I think I'll continue to call out the fraud virtue signalers who crumpled like a cheap suit and pulled all the LGBTQ content from their game just for a couple extra sales in Saudi Arabia. They could have taken a stand if LGBTQ rights means so much to them and said "*** you, the content stays in or we dont release the game here", except as we all know
Money talks.
Money transcends all.
The sales in Saudi Arabia were more important than support for the LGBTQ community
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-11 08:50:26
Link | Citer | R

A little reminder on the definition of virtue signaling:
the act or practice of conspicuously displaying one's awareness of and attentiveness to political issues, matters of social and racial justice, etc., especially instead of taking effective action

They folded quicker than I fold an unsuited 2-7 in Texas (unless I'm big blind and no one raised).

***, maybe SE should take a lesson from the fraud virtue signaling panderers and make a version of XVI where Dion not gay so they can release the game in the desert for more sales.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-09-11 09:25:04
Link | Citer | R

iv been recently playing the old version of Ragnarok online with some Changes really loving the nostalgia the pixel graphics the details of skills autto attack and animations its really still looking good for a 2001 MMO!
https://uaro.net/

its fine u guys if ur interested i started mage so i can 1 button my way to level 80 no need to do fire wall builds too lol, its nice to chill for once when u play games
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-11 09:58:53
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Believe whatever you want then, I am done.
LIES!
[+]
By Rips 2024-09-11 11:02:54
Link | Citer | R

A little reminder on the definition of virtue signaling:
the act or practice of conspicuously displaying one's awareness of and attentiveness to political issues, matters of social and racial justice, etc., especially instead of taking effective action

They folded quicker than I fold an unsuited 2-7 in Texas (unless I'm big blind and no one raised).

***, maybe SE should take a lesson from the fraud virtue signaling panderers and make a version of XVI where Dion not gay so they can release the game in the desert for more sales.

You call it virtue signalling, I call it pandering to Saudi Arabia. Here is the definition of pandering:

"The act of catering to or profiting from the weaknesses, vices, or unreasonable desires of others"

I don't know how to say this in the simplest terms, but there are a lot of us in the world. 2% of the male population is gay. 2% of females are lesbian. 2% total are bi. I won't get into the T. I won't even get into intersexed people like the boxer controversy at the olympics which is another 0.5-1% of the population. It all adds up to over half a billion people on planet Earth. When I was playing game after game, in a real world Earthly setting, I'm always asking myself, for realisms sake, where the hell are we all? But then I remember, I'm playing a product catered to a majority straight audience, which also sells to different parts of the world, which is hostile to us. So we're often cut out, not considered, or if we are considered, not included for the sake of money. It's funny, the white straight male is being cut left and right because of wokeness in fictional media, that's definitely true, and I don't mind saying that because it's the truth, and if you tell the truth you never have to apologize.

My favourite term regarding woke is this: "Woke requires the denial of objective reality." But what's it called when 2 gay men, who would absolutely choose to live in NYC, who would be planning a date, are helped by Miles Morales - something he would absolutely help with and is indicative of his character - are cut from a final product to appease others? I'd call it pandering.

It's not lost on me how this world is really run - by money, power, and lust. Woke money wants to put us everywhere and pander to us (hello netflix.) I don't like that, especially if it's in a remake, remaster, or reimagining where someone else was erased for us to exist. I'm totally against that. Thorny had a good write up pages back about how that impacts story writing and cohesion and I agreed. I have my head on my shoulders. For you guys it's just an eye roll and a turn off of the TV. For us, it's often a very real blow back on us, so I vehemently oppose it, for more reason than one.

However, you should expect to see us in video games... an appropriate amount of time. We exist. And we spend a lot of money on these companies products. I'm not asking to be sold to through wokeness or pandering, I'm asking to be sold to through realism and appropriateness. The Spiderman instance was an excellent decision to realistically include and sell to us.

Media companies are going through a phase of finding itself and its proper footing, and I hope it gets there.

Nynja, it's not lost on me that Insomniac cut us out and pandered to Saudi Arabia for the cash. And yeah, it stings. Again, the world runs on money. It's also not lost on me that you were quick to throw in my face that to platinum the game you had to do the side quest.

Boo-***-hoo.
[+]
By Drayco 2024-09-11 11:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Why do people have this idea that if they aren't portrayed in media that somehow means not acknowledging they exist?

Does this mean that we have to start including 3% welders, 0.4% people with only 1 arm, 5% blind people... where the hell does it end and why the hell does it matter? These arbitrary demands and limitations on creativity is destroying creativity.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-09-11 11:12:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm personally deeply offended by the lack of dad-bod bearded gingers in video games these days.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-09-11 11:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
iv been recently playing the old version of Ragnarok online with some Changes really loving the nostalgia the pixel graphics the details of skills autto attack and animations its really still looking good for a 2001 MMO!
https://uaro.net/

The old version of Ragnarok online PS is OK!

The old version of FFXI PS is not OK! Shame on you!

Both haven't been shutdown by the companies... Ugh.
By Afania 2024-09-11 11:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
Why do people have this idea that if they aren't portrayed in media that somehow means not acknowledging they exist?

Does this mean that we have to start including 3% welders, 0.4% people with only 1 arm, 5% blind people... where the hell does it end and why the hell does it matter? These arbitrary demands and limitations on creativity is destroying creativity.

EXCUSE!

I would argue that creativity=perspective of people from different perspective and background. Imagine everyone in the game are always the same demographic, how is that even creative? It's boring to me.

Nynja likes to play as Peter or Miles like an average dude heroes but I don't want to, I want another character that's closer to me irl in terms of background. I want something different. How come only Nynja is allowed to play as people similar to him but not me? No fair!

Same goes to those minority demographics.

If you think "playing as rare demographic in this world" is limitation on creativity, let those who wants those representation make their games. Let gays make their gay games for gays and straight people make their games for straight people. Everyone gets their games about their story, happy end.

If this "limitation" makes a game bad, don't buy it. No big deal.

Don't cancel other people's games and ideology. That's reducing creativity, not the other way around.
By Afania 2024-09-11 11:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I'm personally deeply offended by the lack of dad-bod bearded gingers in video games these days.

If you make a game featuring dad-bod beared gingers, I'll support you.

Creativity ftw.
By Drayco 2024-09-11 11:32:19
Link | Citer | R

You missed the point of what I wrote entirely. I'm not saying don't put gay people in games. I'm saying don't force people to put gay people in games.

I'm also mostly asking why do people feel they have to see themselves represented on screen? It's stupid.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-11 11:36:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm also mostly asking why do people feel they have to see themselves represented on screen? It's stupid.

For many people, Reading stories is mostly about self insert, if the character has similar background then it is easier to relate.

Obviously it depends on people. But I've absolutely, certainly have heard male players say they have harder time to self insert as female protagonist in games, therefore they prefer male avatar.

Use the same logic on minority demographics, that's the same deal.

I'm not saying don't put gay people in games. I'm saying don't force people to put gay people in games.

I wanted to ask what's the difference since the result is the same, but I am not interested in starting another 5 pages of debate on "Blackrock bad" that goes nowhere so meh.
By Drayco 2024-09-11 11:45:18
Link | Citer | R

That is such BS, you're just regurgitating the DEI narrative. I have never met a single man who thinks Alien would be better if Ripley was a guy because they can't relate.

If a person has to find validation in the media they consume, the media is not the problem. Forcing the media they consume to conform by checking every box is destroying everything.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-09-11 11:46:47
Link | Citer | R

That is such BS, you're just regurgitating the DEI narrative. I have never met a single man who thinks Alien would be better if Ripley was a guy because they can't relate.

If a person has to find validation in the media they consume, the media is not the problem. Forcing the media they consume to conform by checking every box is destroying everything.

lol, love the fearmongering.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22