New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2024-09-10 12:02:37
Link | Citer | R

What an awesome thread to remind us the block function exists.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
They aren't "destroying" what you like, they are making what they like with their money. Blackrocks aren't destroying k-pop girl's game like Stellar Blade.
1-I just linked an article citing displeasure from a Ubisoft investor about the putrid sales and wanting a change in management.
2-theyre allowed to do what they want with their money, true. Theyre not allowed to complain that the consumers arent buying their garbage.
3-shift up went public, soooo time till tell on that one.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-10 12:06:48
Link | Citer | R

The argument that streamers cancelling things is reflective of a destructive tendency rather than a sentiment backed by viewers is just not substantive. Artists can have all the creative freedom in the world, but if their product isn't appealing and people don't buy it, it's going to result in studio downsizing and closure and that'll reduce games too.

People who watch these videos and recognize these trends are largely going to be people who would have been dissatisfied with the games in question. Is your argument that people should have just bought the games, then been upset they paid $70 for shovelware that focuses more on ideology than gameplay? If so, I'm going to have to take a more pro-consumer stance.

If an individual consumer only watches negative reviews and not positive or counter reviews, that's a reflection on the consumer not the available content. There's plenty of paid fake-positive review for anything out there, who is defending the consumer from these astroturfed promotions if streamers cannot post negative content?
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Theyre not allowed to complain that the consumers arent buying their garbage.

Don't worry, if a company's PR officially really called angry consumers "bigot", I'll stand on your side. They really shouldn't do that, it's unprofessional.

Afaik right now most "got mad at consumers" posts are either media or ex-employee's personal account though. So to me it's just noise farming traffics.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:10:52
Link | Citer | R

A bunch of “professional” reviewer sites like IGN and Kotaku made a huge stink that wukong devs told them if they want review codes for their game, their review has to be about the game and not include political topics like covid and feminism and that ilk.

Now why would they be upset about having to adhere to such guidelines in order to review a game??
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry, if a company's PR officially really called angry consumers "bigot", I'll stand on your side. They really shouldn't do that, it's unprofessional.

Afaik right now most "got mad at consumers" posts are either media or ex-employee's personal account though. So to me it's just noise farming traffics.

Ah yes
The ol “the lead Concord artist called the gamers bigots on her personal discord account, not an official Firewalk account, so its perfectly acceptable” excuse.
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Now why would they be upset about having to adhere to such guidelines in order to review a game??

Personally, I am upset about this guideline. Because I know it's there because of CCP.

As far as the IGN review goes, it gave Wukong 8/10 which is pretty damn fair imo. Most of the gaming community review is about the same.

I don't read Kotaku often, I think their stances on things are often pretty biased.
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Ah yes
The ol “the lead Concord artist called the gamers bigots on her personal discord account, not an official Firewalk account, so its perfectly acceptable” excuse.

If you run a company, it's hard to regulate what your employee said on their personal account. Otherwise it will enter the territory of hurting basic human right.

There are tons and tons of ***posts by employees on social media that harmed a company's rep. Not just that concord Dev.

What can you do about it, if you are an employer?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:21:58
Link | Citer | R

Its one thing to say things that harms your companys image when the content is unrelated to what your company does. Its another thing for your lead artist to say “all gamers are bigots who dont deserve games” when your company literally develops video games. Context matters.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-10 12:23:27
Link | Citer | R

so glad woke companies feeling the burn

must suck to be soyn this week - with Concord imploding into 1 billion pieces. Now they push a 700$ piece of ***to the internet viewing pleasure with zero games

to be a triple a dev now is like being a game journist now. bland taste with no insight on what the public wants. you know... The ***gamer gate warned about lmao.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Is your argument that people should have just bought the games, then been upset they paid $70 for shovelware that focuses more on ideology than gameplay? If so, I'm going to have to take a more pro-consumer stance.

No, my argument(which was posted pages back) is that it is company's responsibility to help the consumer to pick their products. With tags and such. If a game has certain ideology, then it should let the consumer know, so people can pick the game that fits their ideology.

Consumer should also identify a games quality with reviews.

I can give you a real example, one indie game has LGBTQ content but it doesn't have LGBTQ tag. A Christian bought the game and gave the dev negative review because they didn't know the game has LGBTQ. The dev's response was to troll the negative review with dev response.

Personally, I view it as a unprofessional response, because the consumer should have the right to know a game's ideology before purchasing the game.

I also value legit reviews for the same reason.

Tags and reviews, that's how a consumer can avoid products they don't like.
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Its one thing to say things that harms your companys image when the content is unrelated to what your company does. Its another thing for your lead artist to say “all gamers are bigots who dont deserve games” when your company literally develops video games. Context matters.

So if you own a game company, your game flopped, and your employee attack people on social media, how are you going to stop that, realistically?

Tell your employee to shut up on social media with a warning email? That sounds like a bad boss honestly.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Fire them, easy
“Your conduct is an unprofessional attack on our consumers”

They have no case for unjust termination.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Fire them
“Your conduct is an unprofessional attack on our consumers”

They have no case for unjust termination.

Tough boss ;(

I thought the company already fired most employee though, so it's possible that it won't even work on Firewalk employees!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:34:26
Link | Citer | R

If the standard of expectation of employment is “dont go on social media slandering 99% of our consumers” makes me a tough boss, then I guess Im a tough boss.

Thats why I live in a first world country and you live in a third world country having rockets blasted overhead daily (I believe you said something similar).
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-10 12:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Tough boss ;(
Not really, it is a pretty common thing for other industries, I get yearly training on what is acceptable to post on an account that can be traced back to my employer. Also any texts with co-works outside of work that are non-acceptable conduct can still get you reported to HR.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Firewalk dev coulda said “*** I hate Trump and all his bigot supporters, they dont deserve ***”, and that would be fine from a business point of view. The moment she directed her attack at the very people the company she works for relies on for sales, those comments on her personal account became a direct representation of the company.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:38:59
Link | Citer | R

If the standard of expectation of employment is “dont go on social media slandering 99% of our consumers” makes me a tough boss, then I guess Im a tough boss.

Thats why I live in a first world country and you live in a third world country having rockets blasted overhead daily (I believe you said rhat).

I fail to see the logical connection between best practice of being a boss, first v.s third world country, and rockets flying lol.
You aren't making any sense atm.

Do you even know that the term first world and third world country has more to do with cold war political alignment, and nothing to do with anything else?

First world country= western bloc, 3rd world=allies that isn't western bloc nor eastern bloc.

You misused political term again. We are all first world country, technically.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:41:31
Link | Citer | R

When i worked retail, if i went on social media applauding all the theft going on saying “ya stick it to those big box retailers *** them”, id get dragged to the managers office asking what the *** was I thinking saying that then getting fired because I couldnt be trusted to not be stealing ***myself.

“It was muh personal account it didnt represent the company” wouldnt have saved me.
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Tough boss ;(
Not really, it is a pretty common thing for other industries, I get yearly training on what is acceptable to post on an account that can be traced back to my employer. Also any texts with co-works outside of work that are non-acceptable conduct can still get you reported to HR.

This is a more reasonable practice because what is okay and not okay is communicated before hand.

What I thought is bad practice is that it wasn't communicated before hand then firing just happened with 0 communication.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:46:24
Link | Citer | R

You need guidelines telling you “dont attack our consumers on social media”?????

The ***???
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-10 12:46:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't think a company should have to actively say "Don't insult the customers" for it to be a firable offense. I think in pretty much any case, someone insulting a customer in a public manner will result in penalties or firing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-09-10 12:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
What an awesome thread to remind us the block function exists.
man descends into animalistic animatism when he obliterated his cognitive contemplation of the finality of his objective presense, reflecting on death is a consecutively perpetuated occurrence which encompasses our humanistic distinguishment
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Am i listening to a 2005 Chappelle skit??
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 12:50:45
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Afania 2024-09-10 12:57:29
Link | Citer | R

You need guidelines telling you “dont attack our consumers on social media”?????

The ***???

Because what she said on Twitter isn't exactly clear that it is attacking consumers or not.

Attacking consumers would be like, someone who bought the game, leave a steam review saying this game is bad, then dev respond with "you bigot" directly below it, meaning that person is a bigot.

That artist said something like "pretty soon they won't have games to buy", responding another post. I don't even know the whole context of the discussion. That's on different level.

It's closer to "unprofessional" in my eyes. But personal attack? Thats debatable.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 13:00:16
Link | Citer | R

“Pretty soon those weirdos will have no games at all”
-Lead artist at Firewalk who worked on Concord

Afania: hold up you dont know who shes talking about or what she means

Lol
By Afania 2024-09-10 13:01:59
Link | Citer | R

“Pretty soon those weirdos will have no games at all”

Afania: hold up you dont know who shes talking about

You are not a consumer of Concord, did you buy it? You are offended, sure. but you aren't a consumer.

Is that clear?

Unprofessional yes, attacking consumers? Still debatable.

If you actually purchased the game, left a review, then dev responded directly below your review, then "attack consumer" claim would make more sense.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-10 13:04:35
Link | Citer | R

You cant be serious

Youre actually questioning who “weirdos” are in that context?? I *** cant even
Shes talking about NFL fans clearly, and soon those weirdos wont have any NFL games to watch. I mean, without proper context, we have absolutely no idea who or what the lead artist at Firewalk that worked on Concord is talking about right after Sony pulled the plug on Concord and issued refunds. We need more context!!
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-10 13:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Chanti probably thinks the gamergate 2 harassment campaign was also started by the far-right chuds, that Alyssa Mercante is an innocent victim of harassment who did nothing wrong.
My post was about the original Gamergate. It had nothing to do with copycat Gamergates.

The wiki seems to have nothing about Gamergate 2 but many other sources do. None of them are as reputable as the wiki so I won't post from them.

My search results for anyone interested:
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22