New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 16:46:37
Link | Citer | R

I wont reply on that no more, have your last word.

Back to modern day games being mid.
By Afania 2024-09-08 16:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
What do you think happens in your globalist utopia when one person has all the power with no one to challenge them??

Our current world works because we arent globalists, and we keep everyone else in line. No one actually wants to go to war.

I have the exact opposite pov. The reason why we are going to war is because each country wants their piece of pie. And trade war etc is taking away people's pie so they start to expand with military.

Look at what happened since the US started trade wars? More military unrest in the world. When everyone wants other people's piece of pie that's when war occured.

Maybe we'll still fight even if borders disappear. We always will. But at least we'll fight with our vote and internet argument instead. Better than missiles dropping on top of my head.

No one actually wants to go to war.

Wrong. Nationalists want war. It's fact.

Globalism is antithesis of nationalism, at least.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-08 17:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Look at what happened since the US started trade wars?
Trade wars are way older than the USA. They were often shooting wars.

Elizabeth I's naval expansionism was a trade war with Spain. It lasted until George III.

Additionally most wars of the medieval and renaissance eras had a trade war component. Search privateers and letters of marque.

Fun history! Caribbean piracy was in steep decline right around the time of the revolutionary war. The continental congress printed letters of marque by the hundreds to employ out of work pirates to plunder British shipping. It was really the only way the colonies could carry the war to the British capital classes.

A privateering song from the era. Or at least about the era.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-09-08 17:57:23
Link | Citer | R

What tf happened here?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-09-08 17:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
What tf happened here?
New games are nationalism.

Old games are globalism.

Duh.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-08 18:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
What tf happened here?
New games are nationalism.

Old games are globalism.

Duh.

You got the inverse order!
By Pantafernando 2024-09-08 18:37:17
Link | Citer | R

I wont reply on that no more, have your last word.

Not even Nynja was even match to Afanias...

Another one succumb to his sheer persistence and obstinacy.

Rady was the first victim, he fought well but also failed.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 19:45:27
Link | Citer | R

https://www.thegamer.com/grand-theft-auto-gta-6-rockstar-games-gtabase-claims-delayed-to-early-mid-2026/

Thats anywhere between 6 months to 1 year delay from their previous estimated release window Autumn 2025.

Brutal.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-09-08 19:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
So... I have been increasingly frustrated with new games over years.

I've never been too frustrated by modern games, mainly because I've always been very picky when it comes to games. Basically, I ignore almost all releases as I pretty much always have. Only play what sparks joy, Marie Kondo style.

I was introduced to gaming by my oldest brother, and he is a major weeb (in denial while clutching his waifu posters) who grew up on RPGs. He introduced me to games that didn't even get US releases on the family computer with NES, SNES, and Genesis emulators in the mid 90s.

Of course, as gaming hit the mainstream around the time Xbox 360 came out, I'd gotten exposed to so, so, so many more types of games than him. I think he's even more picky than me.

A Ton Games used to at least draw my eye, I guess is the best way I can think to put it. Not so much anymore. Every new release nowadays, if it's supposed to get big, gets reeled in front of me with trailer after trailer. Even games I quite like have too many trailers/too much marketing i.e. A lot of flash and little substance. Then, after release, there's always the brigade of review copy having influencers who already did a whole playthrough, created a whole walkthrough, did a whole world record speedrun, and whatever other video genre you can think of for the game already.

It's because of the nature of the internet that many games have their surprises turned inside out, robbed of an actual community building effort for learning their mysteries etc.

The other part of gaming that's sort of soured is the lack of split screen multiplayer/friends to play games with. It's all online and done through joinable parties and what not. And this has kind of spoiled people's perception of split screen gaming. The ultra convenience of matching making with randos extends even into MMOs now, and people just aren't even wanting to play with their friends often, because it's still more work to match schedules/do something we all wanna do vs. just doing it with randos any old time. Even my wife would rather we played Minecraft online on separate Xboxes, requiring subscriptions to Xbox live, so we can play together with her sisters (but more importantly not have to splitscreen).

All that and my point is basically, a lot around gaming has changed. It's not just the games and the relentless march of Blackrock and DEI and all that ***. It's the new ways that gaming generates other media for us, too, that makes newer games less enjoyable.

I mean, just look at FF7: Re-Milk the Fanboys 1 & 2. Within a few days of release I can see someone else having played them in their entirety. There is already theorists for everything that's different, plastering their theories broadly over the entire internet. There are gaming journalist companies paying google to have their shitty guides brought to the top of google search. And since we're in the remake era of games anyway, as the corporate heads demand big money and consistent big money, you have the creator/writers lamenting not being able to do anything new, but they did something new anyway, and a pox on the audience along with a meta commentary pox within the games themselves for anyone who doesn't like it.

And then you see the "retro" and retrospective youtube channels making loads of bread by reviewing old games. Talking about the history of gaming. Telling you why landmark games are landmarks, and any time a remake of one of these drops, those channels get views because people wanna know how the new stacks up against the old.

A consequence of gaming hitting the success it did is that it now comes often into the hands of people that just want to make money, they don't know or care what makes a game successful. But the other, far larger consequence, is that games are and can be consumed before their release date and they are always devoured to the very end, in every way imaginable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-08 21:29:36
Link | Citer | R

What tf happened here?

I suspect boredom
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 21:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Looks like a banger. I dont know much about Warhammer lore, but shooting big guns and smashing things with a large hammer is my idea of a good time.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-09-09 01:58:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Of course, as gaming hit the mainstream around the time Xbox 360 came out
lolwut?
By Pantafernando 2024-09-09 02:26:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-09-09 04:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Maybe we'll still fight even if borders disappear. We always will. But at least we'll fight with our vote and internet argument instead. Better than missiles dropping on top of my head.
Afania for global president!

SIEG ZEO.. I mean ZAFT!
By Pantafernando 2024-09-09 06:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Afania for global president dictator!

FTFY
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-09 08:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Afania for global president dictator!

FTFY

Before you make me a dictator, I have a question. You can be a dictator in a free market world right?
By Pantafernando 2024-09-09 08:09:40
Link | Citer | R

The most free market you gonna have is the street fair.

Maybe you can still sell tomatoes using Adam Smiths laws of offer and demand.

Anything above chickens, then you will wanna to comtrol it “properly”
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-09 09:31:05
Link | Citer | R

This is Amanda Kiefer, Senior Concept Artist at Firewalk Studios (Sony Playstation) who joined as a character concept artist in 2020 for the upcoming title, Concord., per her LinkedIn profile.

These are the people making modern games that are flops out of the gate. These are not artists or developers, these are dumbass loser woketivists masquerading as such. They dont give a ***about releasing a good game that people will enjoy, they're more concerned about their DEI message and ESG scores.

If Concord failed because they only sold ~25k copies to "normal people" and "weirdos didnt buy their game", then it stands to reason the million++ copies of Wukong and Stellar Blade were bought by the normal people, and the people who bought the 25k copies of Concord are the weirdos.

Money talks. Blackrock is probably content to take a hit to send their *** messages, but they are just part of the shareholders and the other investors of the publicly traded company may not be as willing to burn money like that over and over.

inb4: "u sed u were dun posting u liar"
No, I said I'm done discussing the offtopic globalist stuff. The above post is directly related to the topic of "new games suck, or is it just me".
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-09 11:19:41
Link | Citer | R

u sed u were dun posting u liar
[+]
By Rips 2024-09-09 11:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Brah. It's all ***. It's all *** nonsense.

A good game can have all the DEI in existence. No one will bat an eyelash.

A bad game has one single instance of DEI they'll scream it from the rooftops.

Its the same thing with women in lead roles. If it's good no one cares, if anything is bad, blame women.

Its the same thing with poc and/or lgbtqia. If it's good no one says a word, if it's bad blame the poc and/or lgbtqia

Just make good content and you can put whoever the *** you want in it.

It’s pretty much this.

Season 1 of Fallout clearly had every “checkmark box” checked and it was beloved.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-09 12:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
u sed u were dun posting u liar

But a new enemy has been found! Everyone has to know about it!
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-09 12:08:08
Link | Citer | R

What tf happened here?
Don't blame me, I tried to derail it.

On topic:

Consesus on Concord is we are past the age of pay to subscribe games. Devs can get pay to subscribe to work if there is already an audience like umm... XIV or WoW but Concord had no such built in base.

Good article on Black Myth: Wukong from Vox.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-09 12:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Concord wasnt a pay to subscribe game, other than needing PS+, which is needed for ANY playstation game you want to play online. Helldivers II used the exact same model (no fee for PC version, PS+ required for PS5, Xbox Live for Xbox) and worked for a while until the dev's literally ruined their own game via excessive nerfs and other things.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-09 14:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Find myself loving The first descendent. just finished Afterglow Sword - a sniper rifle - started working on Gley now. 350 hours in.

why can't companies make games like this?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-09-09 14:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Of course, as gaming hit the mainstream around the time Xbox 360 came out
lolwut?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-09 15:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
why can't companies make games like this?

Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-09 15:34:15
Link | Citer | R

https://www.thegamer.com/kay-vess-face-ugly-graphics-politics-star-wars-outlaws/

Even the woke propagandists cant avoid this one.

“Well ok we have to admit she actually does look weird and ugly, BUT THE FAR RIGHT MAGA CHUDS ARE STILL WRONG, theres no conspiracy to make women ugly, its just technical limitations!!”

*** outta here
By Viciouss 2024-09-09 16:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Wow you really are still pushing the conspiracies in this thread?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-09 16:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Yup, I'm the one "pushing conspiracies" in the thread about why "new games suck".

The article:
Quote:
The chuds are right: Kay Vess does look weird. It's not for the reasons they tell you, though!
It could be because of technical issues and limitations, or just because she was supposed to look like that. Whatever it is, it's not because of a conspiracy against gamers to make women in video games more ugly.
Not everything is a conspiracy against you. Sometimes, games just look weird. Stop sending people abuse on the internet.

The article is the one who brought up conspiracies. But perhaps you can answer a question for me: why do these "technical issues and limitations" only seem to affect western artists and developers?
Stellar Blade:

First Descendant:

Wukong female characters:

How do these games manage to avoid the technical issues and limitations? What are the odds that every western built game suffers the same technical issues and limitations that the western built games dont? What you call a "right wing chud conspiracy theory" is what the rest of us call "a pattern".

Moreover, why do these technical issues and limitations only seem to affect female characters??

Cal Kestis is the splitting image of Cameron Monaghan. How did they avoid all the technical issues and limitations?!?

Peter and Miles both look like normal good looking dudes.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-09 16:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Please avoid posting so many images.

Im on my cellphone internet, youre using up my data quota, you filthy dog kicker
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19