Pet-Specific Gear

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Pet-Specific Gear
Pet-Specific Gear
By Galkapryme 2024-06-26 14:58:54
Link | Citer | R

While building/tweaking my sets for DRG, I am curious about people's position on pet-specific gear; that is, accessories that only benefit the pet and not the player. Are these primarily for jobs like SMN, BST, and PUP where the player potentially lets the pet do all the fighting? Or are they useful for DRG?

Ex. Kyrene's and Enmerkar Earrings.
By jubes 2024-06-26 16:05:38
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/User:Tatang is a good resource for all things wyvern, drg will have less use for some pet items than other pet jobs but you can go pretty far down the rabbit hole if you want.
[+]
 Bahamut.Orlanda
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2024-06-26 16:21:03
Link | Citer | R

I would kill for a JA like Ventriloquoy for DRG to swap enmity. Sadly the best use for wyvern besides being a living breath buff to the master is the absolutely DOPE healing breath cures you can do if properly geared. I have a full on tanky damage absorption set for the wyvern that has saved me in a pinch a few times, but it's super unreliable when you can get hate on the wyvern and recover yourself.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-26 16:39:07
Link | Citer | R

If you're fighting bad things that will kill your wyvern, you really want the +2 neck and then gleti's hands or pteroslaver brais if things are very bad.

Sroda Earring is also for DRG and what you'd want generally.

Kyrene's I would not use because it increases the damage the pet takes, not the other way around. Enmerkar Earring is fine if you literally don't have a good 1st/2nd earring but you'd replace it with Sherida/Brutal/Dedition/Telos/Crepuscular/Cessance Earring as soon as you get them to increase DRG damage.

Your Wyvern's contribution is being alive and leveled up to give you buffs first and foremost. Curing you on command and generating TP to give to you when you Spirit Link is good (sublime as far as extras goodies go), but they can't do that if they are dead. They can be much tougher than you and you should take advantage of that because you're the only one that can cure them.
 Bismarck.Darcain
Serveur: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2024-07-10 18:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Galkapryme said: »
While building/tweaking my sets for DRG, I am curious about people's position on pet-specific gear; that is, accessories that only benefit the pet and not the player. Are these primarily for jobs like SMN, BST, and PUP where the player potentially lets the pet do all the fighting? Or are they useful for DRG?

Ex. Kyrene's and Enmerkar Earrings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEOF8BO4DA&list=PLbX73oTQ5EO_O5Ie5Ku-z479dK7-H8Gxd&index=14

This was way before a lot of wyvern buffs and gear