Anyone Got A Drg Guide ( Bg Wiki Been Deleted)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
anyone got a drg guide ( bg wiki been deleted)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Seun 2024-06-25 18:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I suggest you copy anything you feel you may want later, no ones going to rein him in.

All of the important formulae have been downloaded and encrypted. Simonses also has them on his tramp stamp.
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-25 18:55:42
Link | Citer | R

no need to worry, Ragns already stated he can recover anything necessary.
By Mistressfifi 2024-06-25 18:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Do we Know Why he Deleted Guides Etc? Fedup with Alot of the Trash Talk that is the Forums? (any) Retiring from BGWiki and decided to remove guides/etc? bad interaction somewhere (in XI maybe?) & said Pflug it?
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-25 19:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Mistressfifi said: »
Do we Know Why he Deleted Guides Etc? Fedup with Alot of the Trash Talk that is the Forums? (any) Retiring from BGWiki and decided to remove guides/etc? bad interaction somewhere (in XI maybe?) & said Pflug it?

By jubes 2024-06-25 19:03:41
Link | Citer | R

he made a post on bg if you're that curious. nothing good would come from reposting it here.
By Mistressfifi 2024-06-25 19:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Ah, Ok. Must've Missed it. My bad
 Asura.Akkarinn
Serveur: Asura
user: Camosan
By Asura.Akkarinn 2024-06-25 20:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
01:15, 26 June 2024 Spicyryan talk contribs blocked Akkarinn talk contribs from the page Community Black Mage Guide with an expiration time of 3 days (Edit warring. 3 day temp from this page.)

So...it's not ok for me to undo his man-child edits, and he has the power to block me from the page, but all of his edits are fine?

Curious logic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-25 20:29:40
Link | Citer | R

You should know better than to bother with a child with a modicum of power.

Arguing with admin, mod, vip, officer etc will never go your way.
[+]
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-06-25 20:41:52
Link | Citer | R

So does anyone even run bg-wiki anymore? or is he just free to be himself?
[+]
 Bahamut.Orlanda
Serveur: Bahamut
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2024-06-25 20:44:56
Link | Citer | R

I was going to ask the same, have any admins said anything on it?

I'm currently typing up a Community BLM Guide but now I'm thinking it'll be insta deleted as soon as I post it by a guy who doesn't even play the game anymore. Do the same formatting rules apply to FFXIpedia, with the gearsets inline?
 Bahamut.Kaius
By Bahamut.Kaius 2024-06-25 20:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Orlanda said: »
I was going to ask the same, have any admins said anything on it?

I'm currently typing up a Community BLM Guide but now I'm thinking it'll be insta deleted as soon as I post it by a guy who doesn't even play the game anymore. Do the same formatting rules apply to FFXIpedia, with the gearsets inline?

On his discord, people wondering why we havent restored the sets on the community guide. Meanwhile the page is locked. Granted we tried to copy and paste stuff, but if we are going to have a community guide on the same page with new/original sets, someone needs access to do it.
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-25 20:56:58
Link | Citer | R

just give it a couple of days for the storm to blow over before you post anything, imo.
[+]
By Foxfire 2024-06-25 21:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Nynja made a thread on bg and both byrth and ragns have responded, shrug.

Any community guide that's made by literally anyone else won't be touched, as far as I know (unless it's a copy paste of his stuff which, as you've seen, will just resolve in this back and forth 3-day temp).

A lot of little things like in-line gearsets, pop-up images and stuff are made within bg-wiki as templates, so they won't exist natively elsewhere.

Also for those blocked from editing a community page, I'd just advise you to use a sandbox within your personal userpage (instructions here) and then once this blows over, can just move it to the main community guide or start it as a new, personal one similar to Kaius'.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaius
By Bahamut.Kaius 2024-06-25 21:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I realized the community BLM guide is available to edit again. I am planning to get something original going on there as well as continue work on my (for now private) DRG page.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2024-06-25 21:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »

Do you have a screenshot for that official response? You do realize Spicy is a moderator on that sub and the link is no longer working
 Bahamut.Orlanda
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2024-06-25 21:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaius said: »
Yea, I realized the community BLM guide is available to edit again. I am planning to get something original going on there as well as continue work on my (for now private) DRG page.
Hell yea, I'm working on formatting now so I'll deconflict with you - currently working on formatting for Mana Wall and Idle sets.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-25 21:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Tokimemofan said: »

Do you have a screenshot for that official response? You do realize Spicy is a moderator on that sub and the link is no longer working
Quote:
Spicyryan

I'm not welcome in the community so I figured it is time to just oblige and start hanging up the old hat.
By Viciouss 2024-06-25 21:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Wonder what took him so long to figure that out.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2024-06-25 21:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't even bother editing anything on the wiki if he has mod control since Ragns/whoever else won't do anything. Why anyone would edit information anywhere that Spicyryan has any control over is beyond me. He'll just delete your content and ban you as soon as you submit.

Save your effort and upload it somewhere else where he has 0 power.

How the hell was he given the keys to BG anyways?
[+]
By facelessfresh 2024-06-25 21:41:56
Link | Citer | R

https://file.io/q9aGAMP9FCt9
not sure if it'll help but i have a cached version of the site before it was deleted. maybe someone with experience will want to put the guide back together and reupload it?
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-06-25 21:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Could care less about him removing his guides, Not like any of it was unique info, Just cringe that he is hanging around to constantly ban/delete things still.

Should just be a ban from BG-wiki and move on situation.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-25 22:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Ranoutofspace said: »
Wouldn't even bother editing anything on the wiki if he has mod control since Ragns/whoever else won't do anything. Why anyone would edit information anywhere that Spicyryan has any control over is beyond me. He'll just delete your content and ban you as soon as you submit.

Save your effort and upload it somewhere else where he has 0 power.

How the hell was he given the keys to BG anyways?
He was one of the few people who actually added things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-25 22:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Tokimemofan said: »

The post was deleted, but the comments live on because Reddit is weird like that; the official response would have been the comment that popped up below the "this post has been deleted." Though,

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Spicyryan

I'm not welcome in the community so I figured it is time to just oblige and start hanging up the old hat.

covers it, yeah.
By Seun 2024-06-25 22:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
Should just be a ban from BG-wiki and move on situation.

Revoke permissions?

Is he genuinely trying to destroy the community? I consider ban.

Is he having a tantrum? Put him in time-out like any other child.
By Tarage 2024-06-25 23:33:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm of the opinion if you post something online, ESPECIALLY in a wiki, you give up all rights to take it down later. Imagine if an author or director got so butthurt about their work not being appreciated that they broke into your house and burned the copy you owned. That's basically what happened here.

He wants it taken down? *** him, reupload it verbatim everywhere you can. Put in multiple warning messages explaining what a tremendous *** he is for trying to remove it.

If you're reading this Spicy, go *** yourself. You killed any and all good will anyone had left for your pathetic tumorous ***.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-26 00:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Meeble said: »
Saying "eff what he wants, use his work anyway" sends the message that the community gives no ***** about the people who write guides and contribute to the wikis.

That is each individual's choice. In this drama I am really not a fan of some side using the term "community" to describe everyone in it it despite every individual has their opinion and reaction on this matter.

In this community there are people who doesn't hate the author and benefitted from his work, they even expressed gratitude about it on forums. And there are haters who hate the author for personal reasons and they will purposely use his work just to piss the author off. And there are people who doesn't even know anything about the author. There are all kinds of people with different opinions.

Why is "be an *** then use his works anyways" somehow become a behavior that represents everybody? I am just not a fan of each individual and their behavior being viewed as a collective entity called "community".

I used law as a source of references as what is an acceptable reaction and what is not because it is the most "fair" metric that applies to everyone from every side imo.
[+]
By Tarage 2024-06-26 00:25:09
Link | Citer | R

I frankly don't care. When editing a wiki, you give up your rights to the contents. It's in the *** terms and conditions. So hell, Spicy, since you're having fun being *** king of a dead wiki, I'm real tempted to just grab everything you deleted and throw it up on a wiki of my own. What are you going to do about it? Cry? Seethe? I'm baffled at how this cuck still has a wife and friends. He clearly does not act this way in person, or they have VERY low standards.
[+]
By Sevu 2024-06-26 00:25:56
Link | Citer | R

As long he got admin access I have zero trust in this wiki, it’s a shame.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Special:Log/block
[+]
By Zehira 2024-06-26 00:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Dang, this shows how famous Spicy is...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8