Returning Player - But In Bad State.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning Player - but in bad state.
Returning Player - but in bad state.
 Asura.Arouis
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2024-06-21 16:18:11
Link | Citer | R

So, long story short, my piece of ***ex dropped all my REMA, sold all my money gear and took all my cash. Not looking for pity, lesson learnt. I haven’t played in over 3 years so a recovery isn’t possible because she did it over a year ago…. *** me right?
What has changed in 3 years, is there anything time gated I should start now, and any daily activity’s that I should be taking part in?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
[+]
 Bahamut.Senaki
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-06-21 19:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Just came back myself.

My first and foremost advice would be NOT to start a new character. Change your password / whatnot. This way you don’t need to redo missions, coalition assignments, assault missions?
Etc.

Odyssey:
•Has V25 variant.
•Ody C gives money and segments (for NMs).

Sortie:
•Allows you to upgrade Empy +2-3 (for free! [gil wise, cost muffins])

Domain invasion:
•Will be your best friend to get back into game.
•Daily Domain Points which can be spent to buy gear from RoV zones.

Ambuscade:
•Same as always, but easier to get armor now as the sets were combined into one ticket. Previously it was a rotating ticket based on month.
[+]
 Asura.Arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2024-06-22 02:23:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Senaki said: »
Just came back myself.

My first and foremost advice would be NOT to start a new character. Change your password / whatnot. This way you don’t need to redo missions, coalition assignments, assault missions?
Etc.

Odyssey:
•Has V25 variant.
•Ody C gives money and segments (for NMs).

Sortie:
•Allows you to upgrade Empy +2-3 (for free! [gil wise, cost muffins])

Domain invasion:
•Will be your best friend to get back into game.
•Daily Domain Points which can be spent to buy gear from RoV zones.

Ambuscade:
•Same as always, but easier to get armor now as the sets were combined into one ticket. Previously it was a rotating ticket based on month.

Hiya, I should have been a little clearer, I have my +3 AF and Relic still, and Abyssea +1, just lacking in weapons.

Is Sortie solo friendly? None of my friends play anymore.
Is there anything daily I should be doing at all times?
By Beau 2024-06-22 07:54:10
Link | Citer | R

Just pick up three jobs to be versatile and re-REMA them. Looks like you had SAM and COR among others. Do aeonic+prime-SAM, mythic-COR and No-REMA-RDM.
By Shichishito 2024-06-22 08:15:23
Link | Citer | R

you can do both odyssey segment farming and sortie muffin farming solo, but the results are depressingly slow.

If you're gil starved you should probably ignore odyssey segments and focus on chest farming shoel A or B with living keys on THF. You can also solo farm omen for s. astral detritus daily.

There is no gil in sortie but you can work towards empy +2 solo, +3 is a pain cause it takes forever to gather enough gallimaufry and a Ra'Kaznar starstone for the +3 upgrade.

To be honest I'd try to view what your ex did in a attempt to cause you harm as a service and just turn your back on FFXI, you're not going to get far without a close group of regulars.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-22 08:31:21
Link | Citer | R

There are a few jobs you can play reasonably well without REMA. With ody gear and a naegling you can do quite a lot.

I agree with shi that it's very difficult to make meaningful endgame progress solo, but rather than not playing, I'd suggest you socialize and find a community rather than try to solo everything back.

I'd use your daily Sortie tags (once you unlock it, if you haven't), to get the metals, plates, etc. and unlock +3 empy for your jobs of choice. I think youtube has some good guides and there are some of this site too. Using Ody tags to farm gil/segments solo is...not great, but if you can find a group/PUG, doing that daily would be helpful.
By Shichishito 2024-06-22 08:37:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure a pug or group will want him at his current state of equipment, chances are he'll have to play a couple of months solo catch up first.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-22 08:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
you can do both odyssey segment farming and sortie muffin farming solo, but the results are depressingly slow.

If you're gil starved you should probably ignore odyssey segments and focus on chest farming shoel A or B with living keys on THF. You can also solo farm omen for s. astral detritus daily.

There is no gil in sortie but you can work towards empy +2 solo, +3 is a pain cause it takes forever to gather enough gallimaufry and a Ra'Kaznar starstone for the +3 upgrade.

To be honest I'd try to view what your ex did in a attempt to cause you harm as a service and just turn your back on FFXI, you're not going to get far without a close group of regulars.

Where is the thumbs down button?

Person is asking what's an easy way to get back into the game because they'd like to enjoy it. Troll on forum who still monitors game and is clearly getting the engagement they want from here tells them not to bother and being dismissive of their feelings about bad things happening to them. Don't be an ***.

You can get plenty farther playing solo(1 account) in the current era than any other time in the game. The only real obstacles you'll encounter is the 3 man lock outs for delve if you're making ergon weapons (which it doesn't sounds like he is) and dynamis D for relic armor unlocks, if they are needed. The vagary bosses can be done solo at endpoint of the adoulin story line to get unlock progress on Empyrean armor that will be the fastest way to upgrade your jobs.

The line about doing domain points is the most useful thing to returning players. Zurim makes it so you don't have to be able to clear a lot of stepping stone progress that might be too hard for 1 player. You just have to wait a couple days.

Segment farming in Odyssey might not be amazingly lucrative at first, but so long as you make it to the end point of the zone you'll get a decent amount of gil every day. Link you can adapt the linked guide to doing cruel joke solo if you're interested in working towards something that you don't have to group up to do. If you want to group up for segments, the lowest bar is a Naegling/Loxotic Mace+1/Shining One WAR. If you have a Naegling and Maxentius, you can go all the way to endgame with some jobs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-22 09:28:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure a pug or group will want him at his current state of equipment, chances are he'll have to play a couple of months solo catch up first.

I mean he said:

Asura.Arouis said: »
Hiya, I should have been a little clearer, I have my +3 AF and Relic still, and Abyssea +1, just lacking in weapons.

This means he has at least 2 pieces of 10% WSD gear for WAR. Not sure if Ody existed when he was last playing but it sounds like she didn't throw out his armor, just REMA. So he could potentially be 5/5 Sakpata with 2 10% WSD pieces, all the relevant JSE, and maybe some Nyame, with a naegling WAR. That's...pretty damn adequate for a lot of content. If only REMA were tossed, you've also got Loxotic/Shining One, potentially, or at least they're easy to get. BAM you've got a very serviceable WAR. COR similarly needs extremely few/no REMA to be capable for seg farm.

If you don't have any ody armor, I'd recommend working on Odyssey seg farming and find someone to help you get Kalunga & Bumba clears, then you'll be fine to have a decently geared job (or 5).
 Bahamut.Senaki
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-06-22 10:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Returning player LS will take people with 117 sparks gear.

I do agree that PUGs will probably not take him until he gets better for sure.
 Asura.Arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2024-06-22 10:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks guys. Incredibly humbling replies!

So, just to kinda get you all upto date where I am:

I have the Relic/Artifact +3 gears, I’ve never been into Odyysey, so I have zero gear from that.
I have Naegling, Shining One.
On Samurai she didn’t throw my Doji or Amano, just my Masa. My War has Chango, if it’s still relevant. I have only trusts, but I have a good friend who I will pair with.
My Corsair still has DP thank
***, and I have the TP Gun for savage.
I need to know what daily ***is new, so I can go from there and rejuvenate the account :)

Thank you all so far for your replies!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-22 10:29:20
Link | Citer | R

You say you learned a lesson

But you quit smoking for 3 years but you just bought a pack.

I'd say no lessons were learned after all.

Don't invest any time in re-getting or catching up just to quit again in 2 months.
[+]
By Beau 2024-06-22 10:37:11
Link | Citer | R

boom there you go, 3-weapon type WAR for ody C, doji sam (dont need masamune). COR is good to go... stand around wait for /shouts for Ody C and Sortie, thats all you need daily in groups.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-22 10:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Ignore Eiryl, he just hates his job.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-22 10:40:59
Link | Citer | R

With that gear you could get back into endgame very quickly. I'd focus on getting into Odyssey & Sortie as soon as possible. Get TVR started, do the Sheol A, B, C climbs to get all the teleports and touch the exit for RoE completion. If you can find a helpful linkshell, see if someone can help you get a Kalunga kill. You and a friend should have no problem killing some bosses/mini-bosses in Sortie and getting empy+2 armor quite quickly, a lot of which is really good.

Within a month or two, you can be quite pimped out if you can find people to help guide you. Definitely look around for linkshells, discords, etc.
By Nariont 2024-06-22 11:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arouis said: »
I need to know what daily ***is new, so I can go from there and rejuvenate the account

As has been stated, its largely odyssey and sortie, only other additions may have been the AMAN trove which is just an rng pull with no skill/gear requirements.

With sortie you can do a few k a run
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57533/ffxi-sortie-a-beginners-guide-to-locating-gems

this helped me when i was doing it solo, you might get enough muffins to get a emp piece +2'd in a couple runs(if your luck on sapphires isnt crap)

with +2/3 emp it gets easier to get into ody/further into sortie, still reccomended you find someone who can get you a kalunga/bumba/misc 3rd one clear. Once you do the RoEs for the 3 Sheol wings you get 3 moglophone 2's which is what lets you enter to fight NMs, but youd start from the bottom, another person with access can take you however far they've been able to unlock and you just want a v1 clear so most should have that
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-22 11:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
(if your luck on starstones isnt crap)

Minor correction to not confuse the returnee, sapphires.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-06-22 11:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Woops, got em mixed up
 Asura.Arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2024-06-22 11:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Thanks all :)
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-22 12:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You say you learned a lesson

But you quit smoking for 3 years but you just bought a pack.

I'd say no lessons were learned after all.

Don't invest any time in re-getting or catching up just to quit again in 2 months.

Bold of you to assume that the game is the pack and not the EX.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-06-22 14:10:58
Link | Citer | R

I made this guide last year for anyone wanting to farm Sapphires and Starstones for Empyrean upgrades in Sortie. It is a solo friendly guide, although there are suggestions for a party, too.

FFXI Sortie: A Beginner's Guide To Locating Gems
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-06-25 17:21:57
Link | Citer | R

I have a little Sortie catch-up guide that you might find useful to get Sortie all opened up for you. On COR you can open up the whole zone in just one entry. . . the D-Sheet to enter H is a little more taxing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QkHVlug-YU

P.S. Your ex is a scumbag and a story like this is why I wouldn't even trust my mother with my login credentials!
[+]