How Could SE Realistically Improve Modern FFXI?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-17 13:49:24
Link | Citer | R

In EirylXI, DPS using A+ skill jobs and brd cor geo buffs/buffs is the same as B skill jobs and smn rdm dnc buffs/debuffs

Yes, if you need accuracy gear and buffs, those skill gaps potentially start coming into play.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-17 13:54:34
Link | Citer | R

OK, let's test reading comprehension then. What do you think these sentences mean?

Asura.Eiryl said: »
5% is 5% be it 5-0, 50-45 or 100-95

My reading of this says "Taking the first 5% off Ngai V25 is the same as taking the last 5% off"

Which is...as we've just finished discussion, not true from a factual standpoint.

Doing 100-95 on ki 1 then starting "the good party" 5% lower means winning if "the good party" can only get 95%

This, to me, reads: "If the first party takes off 5%, it will reduce the amount of damage the second party has to do by 5%"

This is also not true at all. Let's say Ngai has 4m health and regens 1% every 60 seconds per add (generously). This means if you spend 5 minutes taking it from 75 -> 40 and 5 minutes taking it from 40 -> 0, you need to do an extra 15% of his HP or 600k HP. This means that you've reduced the burden on the second party from 4.6m to 4.4m, a reduction of, wait for it, 4.3%.

Never mind any of the other risks to the party (fetters, dying, TP moves hitting you right after the adds hit you, sync'd up TP moves between adds and boss at the same time, etc.) which make the experience of fighting the boss different, it is LITERALLY not the same 5%.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-17 14:01:34
Link | Citer | R

The process is identical. Its going to get the same regen at the same time every time. Adds will spawn at the same hp no matter the method.

If everything is exactly the same. Then if starting at 100% equals a loss at 5%, starting at 95% means a win. Give or take a missed ws. Not literally to the 1 hp.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-17 14:02:22
Link | Citer | R

except that it doesn't
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-06-17 14:07:07
Link | Citer | R

He also conveniently ignored the point I made about the aura growing stronger every time you have to proc the NM. If you bring a scrub team to knock off 5% HP on KI1, but have to blue proc him 2 or 3 times in the process you've just F-d over your good team. When you bring the main group on KI2 they won't be able to proc blue and you'll die to fetters. Fighting through the regen won't even come into play because you'll be dead.

For the record, once you proc blue the NM's ability that raises the aura is locked away for exactly 3 minutes. So after Ngai uses verve, once you proc blue he cannot use it for another 3 minutes. But after that it's fair game. When we killed him he always always ALWAYS raised his aura three times in the fight, and the last was always around 10%. Proccing that third time is a royal pain. Proccing him any more than that would never have been doable. There's a reason we fight these nms the way we do. Maybe if Eiryl actually ran the fights himself and experienced them firsthand he would understand.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-17 14:08:20
Link | Citer | R

He thinks the DPS check is linear throughout the fight
Which it would be if:
There were no adds needing to be babysat / disposed of
There was no random aura
There was no regen (if add left alive)

The DPS check goes up at 70/40, which means 100-5 and 95-0 are not the same.

But he doesnt know that because he doesnt so Odyssey.
Neither have I at V25 (and the crowd goes silent), but I still know this.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-17 14:10:37
Link | Citer | R

The process is identical. Its going to get the same regen at the same time every time. Adds will spawn at the same hp no matter the method.

If everything is exactly the same. Then if starting at 100% equals a loss at 5%, starting at 95% means a win. Give or take a missed ws. Not literally to the 1 hp.

Bro it just doesn't work like that. In a math problem, sure. In reality (V25 fights), it doesn't.

This is because your assumptions are wrong. Let's say it's the same party the entire fight, just a really strong A-team that could 1 KI kill.

The 100%-95% has 0 regen, and more importantly, you're at the peak of your buffs, meaning you're going to be doing more damage here than you are at sub 40%, where you're fighting against double regen (where you need to do more like 7% or 8% to deal 5% of actual boss HP, not just damage fighting through said regen), while likely not being as buffed as you were at the beginning of the fight.

I get what you're saying, and again, in a mathematical vacuum sure, those numbers work. In practical application though, it doesn't.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-17 14:13:53
Link | Citer | R

There are no assumptions, this is how it works.

I explained the regen 4 times already. Every method has the same regen ticks.

As far as aura thornyy already said it
Shiva.Thorny said: »
(such as using ooze and being sure to wipe quickly to avoid any auras).
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-17 14:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Neither have I at V25 (and the crowd goes silent), but I still know this.

Don't worry, I have, and can confirm you're 100% right. This concept is exactly why you'd hold Mighty Strikes on v25 Mboze for after the 40% add/Invincible mechanic.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-17 14:19:35
Link | Citer | R

I explained the regen 4 times already. Every method has the same regen ticks.

OK, could you explain this to me then?

5% is 5% be it 5-0, 50-45 or 100-95

Also please explain your method for getting Ooze on V25 Ngai
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-17 14:20:03
Link | Citer | R

There are no assumptions, this is how it works.

Except there are, and yours is that damage output for 5% boss HP is the same at 95%-100% as it is sub 40%, and everyone is trying to tell you that's not true.

Let's pretend 100K damage is 1% for easy math.

Boss HP @100%, party deals 500k damage = Boss HP @95%
Boss HP @30%, party deals 500K damage = Boss HP @27% (because regen)

The only scenario where you're right here, is if you could INSTANTLY deal 5% total boss HP, where the regen doesn't come into play because there's no time for a tic.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-17 14:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Just say you don't understand that Ngai will eventually get the same regen whether it starts at 95% or 100%

I guess it's a hard concept. Middle school instead of elementary puts it out of your comprehension range.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-17 14:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Just say you don't understand that Ngai will eventually get the same regen whether it starts at 95% or 100%

I guess it's a hard concept.

You're moving goal posts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your original assertion was that if Team B needed an additional 5% BOSS HP (not damage) to kill a V25, Team A could deal that 5% BOSS HP, then Team B is mathematically guaranteed to win.

I make the distinction between boss HP and damage, because those 2 things are only the same between 71%-100%. 5% damage and 5% boss HP are not the same thing below 70%/40%.

In your original assertion, Team B still needs to do more like 105%-110% of damage to kill that v25 boss starting KI2 at 95% HP.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-06-17 14:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Eiryl in a nutshell.

[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-17 14:49:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't know how else to illustrate this.

If you take a mob to 1% then it uses Benediction, but you still kill it, sure, you reduced the mob HP by 100%, but you had to deal 199% of the mob's HP in damage to do it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-17 14:52:30
Link | Citer | R

You have 14 min (1 min buff and what not) to time out at 5%

Lets presume these are the DPS checks hit:
100-75 = 25% in 2 min (12.5% per min)
75-40 = 35% in 4 min (8.75% per min)
40-5 = 35% in 8 min (4.4% per min)

If those numbers are remotely accurate, your DPS is cut by a third at the last 40 percent. That first 5 percent team A is shaving off does *** all.

edit: found two Ngai V25 videos that have the following durations per chunk
2:30 / 3:00 / 3:00 / 8:30 fight
2:00 / 3:15 / 4:30 / 9:30 fight

My estimates might be a bit off, I didnt hyper analyze and look at buffs or auras. One group was almost linear, and one group was slowing down. I also couldnt find any videos of a group specifically timing out at 5% to find out what their lap times are in that situation.
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-17 14:57:51
Link | Citer | R

on v20 you can ooze ngai after carcharian verve only, do we know for sure that same condition does not work on v25? pretty sure I have joined an RP run with that strat used.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-17 15:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Eiryl in a nutshell.
OMG EIRYL IS JEBUS?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-17 15:04:49
Link | Citer | R

That 5% knocked off by team A is about as useful as the campaign bonus to segments.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-17 15:10:03
Link | Citer | R

jubes said: »
on v20 you can ooze ngai after carcharian verve only, do we know for sure that same condition does not work on v25? pretty sure I have joined an RP run with that strat used.

Yes, all these mobs become vulnerable to the element they're strong against during their fetter mode. Problem is you need a setup that is prepared to stay alive long enough to let him use several TP moves on you and then you need to hope that he uses the fetter move and then hope to land ooze before Ngai floors you with damage, puncture, or any number of other moves.

I'll bet that's what Eiryl was referring to in his ooze plan. Let's hear about his plan to kill the add in the second KI now. I'm very curious to hear which job will be tanking Ngai and which will be tanking the crab, as well as which jobs are healing for these 3 KI Ngai attempts. Might be tough to find a good DD after you used your staff THF on KI#1 already.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-17 15:43:13
Link | Citer | R

If you wanted to go the kill crab in ki2 route, the crab doesnt require blunt damage

Ongos tulfaire isnt killed with stone.

And you dont have to tank Ngai while you kill it, either. Or kite or bind or anything else.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2024-06-17 15:49:02
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2024-06-17 18:50:14
Link | Citer | R

I just wish there was a way to filter posts by people who haven't even attempted the content from telling others how to do it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-17 18:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Dont need to do it to know it. Can't help that they read at a 5th grade level.

All outta crayons to draw it.
By Ranoutofspace 2024-06-17 19:00:49
Link | Citer | R

> hasn't attempted content past Valkurm Dunes
> looks down on people actually playing the game, but obsessively posts on forum
> "akctuahlly its effortless to do v25"

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-17 19:04:28
Link | Citer | R

you enjoy playing the game, I enjoy making you feel bad about it

We make our fun where it is

Addendum; I do enjoy the mysteries sometimes (mastery rank, ??Holy)
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-06-17 19:04:35
Link | Citer | R

This sounds like the exact scenario where you do have to have done it to know.. all the people who have done it are saying the same thing, and the one guy who hasn't is saying something else. What are you even arguing at this point lol
By Ranoutofspace 2024-06-17 19:11:25
Link | Citer | R

1 group of people enjoying the game, 1 person enjoys putting others down. I wonder who the real loser is at the end of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7ouCjSPB4
"You're ***' edgy and cool. Yeah! You're the coolest ***' guy (on FFXIAH)! WHOOO! That's like being the smartest kid with Down syndrome!"

(But keep thinking you're not though; here's a gold star for having the most posts on the forum.)

(inb4 he brings up post count comments cause he has nothing better to do with his time than post over 17,000 comments here)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-17 19:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toeknee said: »
This sounds like the exact scenario where you do have to have done it to know.. all the people who have done it are saying the same thing, and the one guy who hasn't is saying something else. What are you even arguing at this point lol

See the issue is they're arguing a thing I'm not saying.

And/or they think they are, because they're illiterate, and can't tell the difference.

You don't require a carn for anything (that matters, master trial, who cares)
You don't have to beat gaol bosses in 1 ki
250k is always and will always be 250k
The strat for (almost) every boss is use every buff in the game and make their hp zero before yours is.

These aren't debatable opinions. No matter how much you want them to be. No matter how zealous you are in your efficiency driven haze. These are facts.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26