How Could SE Realistically Improve Modern FFXI?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-24 14:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Unless you really like doing Sortie or just really want a Prime, it wears on you very quickly. If you like it, that's great, but a lot of people don't.

In Asura we grind it so we can stand proudly on Baker Hills.

... You wouldn't understand.

The true endgame: being able to overlook the peons waiting to segfarm while you are done with odyssey and glowing purple
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-24 14:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
It makes one wonder why they put that hefty of a time requirement on making them, does it not?

Maybe because they know if it were possible to get them all, most hardcore no lifers would.

The point of primes is they are supposed to be special and hard to get. Everyone running around with 18 primes for all their jobs is not special.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-24 14:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
The point of primes is they are supposed to be special and hard to get. Everyone running around with 18 primes for all their jobs is not special.

Then make us fight Unleashed Fafnir for it. Pops once a week. Kills everyone in zone, depops.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-24 14:45:19
Link | Citer | R

I am glad the era of HNMs is very much over. Rather do Sortie every day than fight over a weekly cheat claimed out the backside pop.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-24 14:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Thats Mireu
And they patched it, and made DI farming more annoying, all because of idiots on one server

I wont say which, but you know
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-24 14:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Thats Mireu
And they patched it, and made DI farming more annoying, all because of idiots on one server

I wont say which, but you know

That's why I LOVVEEE ASURA!!!

Zero idiots here!
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-05-24 15:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Their new sortie Roe they plan to add could fix a lot of the issues. It depends if its a monthly / or weekly / 1 time / daily. If its a weekly that gives a sizable amount of gally (50k, 75k,100k?) it would make the prime grind a lot more reasonable.

Other things Id like to see changed:
Job Adjustments
Uncap Merits
Master level gifts
Find a way to make us need less ambu capes
Remove animation lock from anything outside your own actions
Unlock subjobs in ody Goal (or make it cap out at ur moogle master level)
Remove some 3 person entry requirements
Lower shinryu Merit cost
Add quicker travel options in sortie
Make sortie alliance / zone wide
Add more gil sinks (maybe bonanza weapons buyable)
New crafting synths
Geo needs a new bell -_-
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2024-05-24 15:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
I am glad the era of HNMs is very much over. Rather do Sortie every day than fight over a weekly cheat claimed out the backside pop.

Unfortunately, we can't compare the mindset of the FFXI devs from 20 years ago. There are two lifetimes of difference between 2002 and 2024.

FFXI Classic was a game created with the mindset of giving you long-term objectives to work on, not in weeks or months, but in "Years". FFXI now focuses on a progression of days and weeks, with the exception of some items that still require months.

Considering the energy levels and obligations we have in our 40s and 45s, if Odyssey, Sortie, Omen, Dynamis Divergence had cooldowns of 48 hours and gave x3 more rewards, most of us would appreciate it.

Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, three days a week for LS events, Omen, Odyssey, and culminating with Sortie (30-minute version).
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-24 15:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Their new sortie Roe they plan to add could fix a lot of the issues. It depends if its a monthly / or weekly / 1 time / daily. If its a weekly that gives a sizable amount of gally (50k, 75k,100k?) it would make the prime grind a lot more reasonable.

Other things Id like to see changed:
Job Adjustments
Uncap Merits
Master level gifts
Find a way to make us need less ambu capes
Remove animation lock from anything outside your own actions
Unlock subjobs in ody Goal (or make it cap out at ur moogle master level)
Remove some 3 person entry requirements
Lower shinryu Merit cost
Add quicker travel options in sortie
Make sortie alliance / zone wide
Add more gil sinks (maybe bonanza weapons buyable)
New crafting synths
Geo needs a new bell -_-

What no expansion with a boat to get there?

I love the list. I hope we see any of it, ever.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-24 16:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dmhlucky said: »
Had sortie been 60 hour lockout, like Dyna, with double to triple the points per run, it would have been way better. Its the excessive, repeated, monotonous running around daily grind that's old.

This is such a great point. I think a lot of people would be happy with the same Sortie content and just tweaking the entry times and points. Ability to hold up to two entry KIs on a 60 hour recharge + double the points: people could do a back-to-back Sortie twice a week, for 2 hours at a time, and get about the same points they do now for going Every. Single. Day.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xalmo
user: Zabok
By Phoenix.Xalmo 2024-05-24 16:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Double exp, uncap merits, x4 cp points, halved master level requirements is a good start if you want to keep anyone playing the game. None of my friends stayed past the story or initial grind of cleaving merit points to get more merit points.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-24 16:46:32
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
“Limbus was great and beloved by all because it was an event where you could bring 18 but could be done with 2 or 3 people”

They keep sayin the quiet parts out loud
It's not the quiet part out loud, it's one part of a multi-faceted argument.

The addicts currently paying a sub, with most of the game's content completed, and motivated solely by the next shiny would be ecstatic to have it changed. They'd love to be able to bring more people and do less each, or straight leech it. They'd love to be able to leech every run on all their mules and get more primes at the same time. I'm not arguing about that, it's absolutely true. But, the addicts motivated by the next shiny or checking off a list are going to play either way. It's zero gain for SE.

The people who are going to quit because they want engaging gameplay are going to quit whether Sortie allows 6 or 18. A very small percentage of them will stay longer if it's increased to 18, but non-addicts aren't going to find grinding Sortie indefinitely to be fun or satisfying.. they're quitting regardless. It's minimal gain for SE.

Any returning or new players are losing out on all prior content, because there's no point in doing it when you can just leech straight to +3. Those players are immediately confronted with the choice of grinding Sortie indefinitely or quitting, instead of having months to try out other content, farm RMEA, work their way up, and develop a fondness for the game. They don't need to, because they can leech Sortie without making their characters any stronger and eventually they would get a Prime(more likely they quit from boredom first). It's like throwing a gameshark on your console, it's neat for a bit but it assures you won't enjoy that game to it's fullest.

This is a loss for SE, and I don't think it's minimal. Players are going to leave over time regardless without new content, but removing the environment where new/returning players can grow over time and have an impact drastically reduces the amount and length of time they can be retained for. Limbus did not allow every person in party to get rewards for just existing, more people meant a larger split. Omen shared some rewards, but nowhere near enough to fully gear and replace huge swaths of the other parallel content.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-05-24 16:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Have Master Levels be tied to tasks that actually show Mastery of the job, not mindless repetition we learned how to do in the 1st 10 levels of every job we play. If content had been source of gaining Master Levels in an RoE type system, it would have allowed there to be a purpose for "event shells" to still exist in today's world where no one needed drops. Shells would still run old content in large groups almost as EXP Nights. Ties time lockouts to such content rather than rewarding round-the-clock botting as well, and I'll be damned to think SE wouldn't gain some PR love by trying to support healthy lifestyle while still providing an MMO folks want to play (yes, I'm quite aware that is a damn near impossible ask, just saying the attempt would be seen publicly as a very good thing)
[+]
By Trillium 2024-05-24 17:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Have Master Levels be tied to tasks that actually show Mastery of the job, not mindless repetition we learned how to do in the 1st 10 levels of every job we play. If content had been source of gaining Master Levels in an RoE type system, it would have allowed there to be a purpose for "event shells" to still exist in today's world where no one needed drops. Shells would still run old content in large groups almost as EXP Nights. Ties time lockouts to such content rather than rewarding round-the-clock botting as well, and I'll be damned to think SE wouldn't gain some PR love by trying to support healthy lifestyle while still providing an MMO folks want to play (yes, I'm quite aware that is a damn near impossible ask, just saying the attempt would be seen publicly as a very good thing)

I don't know, learning to self skill chain and MB on mobs for months straight sounds like you are mastering something... Still amazed your diligence in that effort!
By Meeble 2024-05-24 18:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »

Didn't they say it was gonna be a one-time RoE for a +1 case?

It would be easy to add repeatable roe's to sortie to ease the muffin grind, but they don't want to ease the muffin grind.

It's not that SE doesn't understand what players want or they're unable to make changes. The prime upgrade process is grindy and unreasonable because SE wants it to be grindy and unreasonable.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-24 19:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sylph.Dmhlucky said: »
Had sortie been 60 hour lockout, like Dyna, with double to triple the points per run, it would have been way better. Its the excessive, repeated, monotonous running around daily grind that's old.

This is such a great point. I think a lot of people would be happy with the same Sortie content and just tweaking the entry times and points. Ability to hold up to two entry KIs on a 60 hour recharge + double the points: people could do a back-to-back Sortie twice a week, for 2 hours at a time, and get about the same points they do now for going Every. Single. Day.

Most of the people I know would be cool with doing it 2~3 times a week at x2 or x3 points. Mindless grind is too much like a job, and when the population is older and into a different part of our lives, another job is just too much.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-24 19:14:59
Link | Citer | R

I would prefer just eliminating the restriction altogether so people could marathon it when they feel like. Also, it could add new approaches to Sortie like weaker groups could coordinate and try just doing AE exit and reenter. Or doing KI run followed by a boss run. Turn Sortie in a exemplar points camp, etc
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-24 19:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Never give them what they want. Always delay, time gate, stretch, etc

Let them think they can just do stuff freely without losing something and they will. They forget to stress out about it and figure out its ok to not do it.

This is exactly the opposite of the goal.
By Ovalidal 2024-05-24 21:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

For an MMO, surviving and thriving are 2 very different things.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-24 21:58:51
Link | Citer | R

It is a literal decade past thrive.

Shambling zombie corpse would be an improvement.
By sempron 2024-05-25 04:58:18
Link | Citer | R

why not attache the grinde for prime to mireu? i have only seen and killed him once and it took forever for people to show up wouldnt really help but couldnt hurt
By sempron 2024-05-25 05:04:05
Link | Citer | R

sortie 1.25-1.5 hr
odys.. .6-.7hr
omen 1.15-4.5 hrs who plays 7-8 hrs a day anymore all i can stand of the repeat content is about 4 hr max and thats broken up by a 6 hr break ..... solo of course.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-25 05:14:13
Link | Citer | R

This isn't a bad thing, this is how an mmorpg works. We are progression junkies, if they give it up too soon we will quit even if we don't want to.

They messed this up during Abyssea and more people quit 1-2 years after that then anytime in the games history, I quit too cause I had nothing to work on.

It's better to have something that is too hard to finish than too easy, unless you have lots of other things people can work on. This is why Mlev is the way it is, it's better for them and it's better for the players too.

For instance I actively keep one job not capped to 99, cause I know how my subconscious mind works and I know that keeps me invested in my progression elsewhere.
By Ovalidal 2024-05-25 06:59:57
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

This isn't a bad thing, this is how an mmorpg works. We are progression junkies, if they give it up too soon we will quit even if we don't want to.

They messed this up during Abyssea and more people quit 1-2 years after that then anytime in the games history, I quit too cause I had nothing to work on.

It's better to have something that is too hard to finish than too easy, unless you have lots of other things people can work on. This is why Mlev is the way it is, it's better for them and it's better for the players too.

For instance I actively keep one job not capped to 99, cause I know how my subconscious mind works and I know that keeps me invested in my progression elsewhere.

The important asterisk is, never give a happy player base what they want. Why? Because they're already happy to be working for it. Most of the people on this thread aren't asking for primes deposited straight to their inventories. A lot of players who took the topic seriously wanted sellable drops, teleporters to cut down more travel, and entry item storage for up to 3 days, and galli integrated with older content. These aren't game-breaking changes.

There are some who genuinely believe that the best thing for devs to do in an MMO is the keep their players miserable, and these people are missing the forest for the trees.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-25 07:03:21
Link | Citer | R

XI is made by masochists for masochists.

If you think you aren't a masochist, you're mistaken. And if you actually aren't a masochist you'd have figured it out and left by now.

Every single person paying for this game is paying for the ability to torture themselves. Misery is the business model. Just being naive if you think anything else.
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-05-25 07:08:25
Link | Citer | R

Eiryl: You have to make players miserable if you want to keep them!
Also Eiryl: *Quits the game because he was too miserable
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-25 07:29:59
Link | Citer | R

"There are two tragedies in life—not getting what you want, and getting it."

Quote:
The psychology of human desire is paradoxical. The failure to achieve a goal can lead to unhappiness and ever despair. Yet, attaining an objective can produce an aftermath of uncertainty and lassitude.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-25 07:49:25
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
"There are two tragedies in life—not getting what you want, and getting it."

There are only two things in life.

The thing

And whats not that thing

-DOG, Panta 25/05/2024
[+]
By K123 2024-05-25 11:21:12
Link | Citer | R

XI is made by masochists for masochists.

If you think you aren't a masochist, you're mistaken. And if you actually aren't a masochist you'd have figured it out and left by now.

Every single person paying for this game is paying for the ability to torture themselves. Misery is the business model. Just being naive if you think anything else.
I doubly torture myself by doing everything pug by choice, and then quadruple it by having two characters I insist I do everything equally on.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23