Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-16 13:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. I looked at some of these objectives and thought... ehhh.
By Ovalidal 2024-05-16 14:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I can't believe I'm going to agree with Eiryl...

A broken clock is still right twice a day.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2024-05-16 15:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
waffle said: »
Fenrir.Zenion said: »
waffle said: »
Objectives reset at jp midnight and some of them are different now.

And if you didn't do the first set, you still have those and don't seem to get the new set.
Ah, right, from the update notes
"Any incomplete daily objectives will now remain until 7:59 a.m. (PDT) /2:59 p.m. (GMT) / 3:59 p.m. (BST) on the day of your next login following the day they are received.
* Completed daily objectives will be updated at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) /3:00 p.m. (GMT) / 4:00 p.m. (BST) on the day of their completion."

That just sounds like "if you miss a day, you lose those points" with extra steps. You never get two days at once, so if you miss a day, you lose the last day of the event.
Let’s not forget that the first day is 7 hours so most non JP players will miss a day
[+]
By zeta 2024-05-16 15:58:08
Link | Citer | R

How is the making Galkan Sausage supposed to work? it seems i need to trade it to a campfire in south gustaburg but none of them i found are targetable.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 16:00:12
Link | Citer | R

It's the specific one nearish the lighthouse. And you have to start the quest first (i think)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Smoke_on_the_Mountain
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-16 16:06:36
Link | Citer | R

So, I don't know how much of these I will do daily, but I have attempted most of the daily objectives today to see how much effort is required. Here is my quick guide to this "content". I'll add extra information on the one-time objectives later.

Clear an Ambuscade / Heal 300+ HP / Deal 500+ Ele. Damage / Eternal Life

It is worth doing these together because they have to be done in Ambuscade. So, if you have Red Mage or Scholar, you can easily do this. If don't have those, you may need to make some dedicated sets and a mage subjob like /rdm.

Doing this on the Tonberry fight can be tricky, because of the Astral Flow, so ensure you bring full trusts with a dedicated tank. Shell V and Barwater will help a lot. When you feel safe, disengage, lose some HP, heal yourself and other trusts, and then engage again. Finish the fight without dying, or warp out if you already cleared it and got Eternal Life that day.

Monster Rearing

Get a new pet and interact with it each day. Very simple. Everyone should have Monster Rearing anyways, because you get some sweet permanent key items like Capacity Points Bonuses and even Movement Speed.

Mandragorian

Yoran-Oran's repeat quest is another simple objective. You can buy Cornette's with Sparks, or if Bastok is 1st or 2nd on your server, buy several from Harmodios at the music shop in Bastok Markets. Simply flag the quest and complete it once a day.

Master Angler

I'm only level 15 Fishing because I was bored two years ago and thought I'd try it. I got my Halcyon Rod and some Fly Lure, and fished up four Rusty items from the bridge in Zeruhn Mines.

Only fish up anything that gives you a "good feeling", otherwise you will snap your line. Cancel the attempt if you get a bad or terrible feeing. This may take a while to get four, which makes Master Angler a time consuming daily. I won't be doing it again.

Emptiness

You basically have to do a Promyvian fight again, except you're capped with no trusts. Talk to Venessa in Ru'Lude Gardens for a key item, preferably one to Dem, Mea, or Holla, and then make your way there. Go up the floors to the Spire for a capped ENM fight.

This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take so long to get there. It also wouldn't be so bad if the fight didn't require dedicated healing. They were expecting us to do this solo??? They obviously didn't learn much from the feedback. Nobody is teaming up to do this crap every day.

Heroes Combat

Again, a daily capped level 60 fight? I mean, I guess it helps there is a Home Point that takes you right there, but who is teaming up for this daily? Nobody. They are expecting us to spend login points for the Cordial Invite? Hell no. Skip this.

- My conclusion on dailies is the only things worth doing are the Ambuscade objectives, Yoran-Oran's repeatable, and the Monster Rearing interaction. You could do all three in 20-30 minutes tops. The rest are time consuming and/or stupid. Ok, on to monthlys.

Weekly Routine

Requires doing two weekly quests in home nations. They are fairly easy to do. I did Bait And Switch in Metalworks, and will probably do it again next week. I could go to another nation for another quest, but I'm in no rush to finish this.

I'm On A Boat

Lu Shangs, Halcyon or Hume Fishing Rod with Lugworm or Sabiki Rig. Get on the boat for Mhaura to Selbina and fish for Bastore Sardine. Given you have a whole month to get 30, that is pretty reasonable.

It should be noted that Bastore Sardine are level 9, so novice fishers should be able to get them, but it may be a fight for a while. As noted above, only fish up items that give you a good feeling. Cancel the attempt (escape on the keyboard) if it is bad or worse.-

Lost Chocobos

This is poorly explained, but it is a Chocobo Riding Game. Follow the instructions here "Lost Chocobo" page.

Gallantry and Total Damage are self explanatory. You will get both of these naturally by teaming up to do Ambuscade and other content.

PS: I am aware there are other daily objectives, and I may edit this post as and when I get those available to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 16:13:21
Link | Citer | R

The dailies aren't really "dailies"

You have "one day" to do it, but you don't do it every day. It'll be different tomorrow if you do it.

It's kinda assbackwards though, the ones you don't want to do won't rotate out...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-16 16:43:33
Link | Citer | R

The May 2024 objectives page on wiki could probably use better formatting since we know the objectives cycle, but it might not be "next quest up". I'd be willing to bet at some point its gonna come back to the Galkan Sausage, Mog Garden, Incursion, etc. I doubt they have 5 * whatever many days its running quests lined up, not to mention theyre gonna run out of elements for 500+ damage eventually.
By drakefs 2024-05-16 16:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Lost Chocobos

This is poorly explained, but I am guessing this is a quest you can only get while raising a Chocobo? That's pretty harsh, considering most players are not raising Chocobo's in 2024. You'd have to start raising one ASAP to have a chance of doing this, and then follow the instructions on the "Lost Chick" page.

It is not that quest, BG-Wiki is missing the actual quest:

drakefs said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
What do you have to do for the "Send off Lost chocobo" quest?
Lost Chocobo (sandy)

Avoid Windurst, to or from. To Jueno is the shortest amount time. A Chocobo wand gives you 30 minutes extra riding time if equipped before getting the quest. Ride into the zone of where you are supposed to deliver the chocobo (do not dismount) to complete the quest.

http://www.mithrapride.org/vana_time/chocoracetable.html list all of the routes and when they are available.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-05-16 17:26:02
Link | Citer | R

So, I don't know how much of these I will do daily, but I have attempted most of the daily objectives today to see how much effort is required. Here is my quick guide to this "content". I'll add extra information on the one-time objectives later.

Clear an Ambuscade / Heal 300+ HP / Deal 500+ Ele. Damage / Eternal Life

It is worth doing these together because they have to be done in Ambuscade. So, if you have Red Mage or Scholar, you can easily do this. If don't have those, you may need to make some dedicated sets and a mage subjob like /rdm.

Doing this on the Tonberry fight can be tricky, because of the Astral Flow, so ensure you bring full trusts with a dedicated tank. Shell V and Barwater will help a lot. When you feel safe, disengage, lose some HP, heal yourself and other trusts, and then engage again. Finish the fight without dying, or warp out if you already cleared it and got Eternal Life that day.

Monster Rearing

Get a new pet and interact with it each day. Very simple. Everyone should have Monster Rearing anyways, because you get some sweet permanent key items like Capacity Points Bonuses and even Movement Speed.

Mandragorian

Yoran-Oran's repeat quest is another simple objective. You can buy Cornette's with Sparks, or if Bastok is 1st or 2nd on your server, buy several from Harmodios at the music shop in Bastok Markets. Simply flag the quest and complete it once a day.

Master Angler

I'm only level 15 Fishing because I was bored two years ago and thought I'd try it. I got my Halcyon Rod and some Fly Lure, and fished up four Rusty items from the bridge in Zeruhn Mines.

Only fish up anything that gives you a "good feeling", otherwise you will snap your line. Cancel the attempt if you get a bad or terrible feeing. This may take a while to get four, which makes Master Angler a time consuming daily. I won't be doing it again.

Emptiness

You basically have to do a Promyvian fight again, except you're capped with no trusts. Talk to Venessa in Ru'Lude Gardens for a key item, preferably one to Dem, Mea, or Holla, and then make your way there. Go up the floors to the Spire for a capped ENM fight.

This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take so long to get there. It also wouldn't be so bad if the fight didn't require dedicated healing. They were expecting us to do this solo??? They obviously didn't learn much from the feedback. Nobody is teaming up to do this crap every day.

Heroes Combat

Again, a daily capped level 60 fight? I mean, I guess it helps there is a Home Point that takes you right there, but who is teaming up for this daily? Nobody. They are expecting us to spend login points for the Cordial Invite? Hell no. Skip this.

- My conclusion on dailies is the only things worth doing are the Ambuscade objectives, Yoran-Oran's repeatable, and the Monster Rearing interaction. You could do all three in 20-30 minutes tops. The rest are time consuming and/or stupid. Ok, on to monthlys.

Weekly Routine

Requires doing two weekly quests in home nations. They are fairly easy to do. I did Bait And Switch in Metalworks, and will probably do it again next week. I could go to another nation for another quest, but I'm in no rush to finish this.

I'm On A Boat

Lu Shangs, Halcyon or Hume Fishing Rod with Lugworm or Sabiki Rig. Get on the boat for Mhaura to Selbina and fish for Bastore Sardine. Given you have a whole month to get 30, that is pretty reasonable.

It should be noted that Bastore Sardine are level 9, so novice fishers should be able to get them, but it may be a fight for a while. As noted above, only fish up items that give you a good feeling. Cancel the attempt (escape on the keyboard) if it is bad or worse.-

Lost Chocobos

This is poorly explained, but it is a Chocobo Riding Game. Follow the instructions here "Lost Chocobo" page.

Gallantry and Total Damage are self explanatory. You will get both of these naturally by teaming up to do Ambuscade and other content.

PS: I am aware there are other daily objectives, and I may edit this post as and when I get those available to me.

I didn't have these, but had the ones the wiki and others reported, including the cooking galkan sausage quest... Is that because I was online when Vana'bout started before JP midnight?

If so, does that mean I missed out on this line of quests due to not 'completing' the vana'bout roes I was assigned before midnight? This is pretty convoluted and confusing... shouldnt everyone be given the same dailies at the same time haha
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-16 17:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
If so, does that mean I missed out on this line of quests due to not 'completing' the vana'bout roes I was assigned before midnight? This is pretty convoluted and confusing... shouldnt everyone be given the same dailies at the same time haha
Its too early to tell if you'll get Day 2's objectives or jump straight to Day 3's objectives, whatever they are.

What we know:
Whoever logged in on day 1 only had dailies cycled out if they were completed. Unfinished dailies from day 1 carried over to day 2.
Whoever only had their first login (or zone to refresh the list, pls clarify Kylos?) on Day 2 were given Day 2 objectives, they were not even presented Day 1 objectives.
Indigla's client bugged and she didnt get any objectives for some reason.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-16 18:01:34
Link | Citer | R

The only objective I really don't care so far would probably be the ENMs. Everything else is reasonable enough.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-16 18:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Philemon said: »
The only objective I really don't care so far would probably be the ENMs. Everything else is reasonable enough.
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Its too early to tell if you'll get Day 2's objectives or jump straight to Day 3's objectives, whatever they are.

What we know:
Whoever logged in on day 1 only had dailies cycled out if they were completed. Unfinished dailies from day 1 carried over to day 2.
Whoever only had their first login (or zone to refresh the list, pls clarify Kylos?) on Day 2 were given Day 2 objectives, they were not even presented Day 1 objectives.
Indigla's client bugged and she didnt get any objectives for some reason.

I was not on before Japanese midnight on the 16th, so I was not in on this early like others were.

Even Heroes Combat? Is that fight really easy to solo despite being level 60 cap?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-16 18:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Even Heroes Combat? Is that fight really easy to solo despite being level 60 cap?

Not in my experience, I really struggled with it. Might help if you have gear or pick the right job combinations, but I just slapped something together and it took me a few tries. I think with 3+ characters it's not so bad, but solo/duo it will be VERY difficult IMO.
[+]
By Seun 2024-05-16 18:43:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
When I bring up FFXI they look at me like some drug addict trying to shoot up in the middle of a line at Mcdonalds
State of the game.

I just saw a guy shooting up in front of Rite Aid. As I walked around him, I asked "Hey man, wanna go play some final fantasy online?". He looked at me like I was the one sprawled out in the sidewalk with a needle hanging out of my foot. Like what the *** was I doing with my life.

Don't talk to drugs kids.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-16 18:49:10
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even notice that fight on your list so yes, that sucks hard as well.
[+]
By drakefs 2024-05-16 18:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Whelp, I do not have Hero's Combat in my VB list (or my alts list) for some reason...

Way to go SE, so glad you didn't fire you QA department.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-16 19:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Heroes' combat is VBD for day 2, should be the last one. Maybe they come out in sequential order?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 19:17:19
Link | Citer | R

It's possible there's like 100 dailies and it replaces them as you go with repeats at the end if you stay in top of it.

Don't know enough yet
By drakefs 2024-05-16 19:30:00
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Heroes' combat is VBD for day 2, should be the last one. Maybe they come out in sequential order?

Whats the point of keeping day 1 quest if it makes it so day 2 quest do not show up?
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 19:31:22
Link | Citer | R

zeta said: »
How is the making Galkan Sausage supposed to work? it seems i need to trade it to a campfire in south gustaburg but none of them i found are targetable.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's the specific one nearish the lighthouse. And you have to start the quest first (i think)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Smoke_on_the_Mountain

Quest is optional, made the sausage on a character who hasn't flagged or completed it.

Campfire's a pain to find because it's up on a hill with a hard to spot ramp, is all.
By Felgarr 2024-05-16 19:36:16
Link | Citer | R

OK FFXI Brain Trust:

What's the fastest way to get to Silver tier for 100 deeds?

How many dailies do I have to do? Is there a day where if I start, I won't be able to obtain 750 plaudits needed?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-16 19:38:05
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »

Whats the point of keeping day 1 quest if it makes it so day 2 quest do not show up?

I mean I'm not the designer of the content so you got me, but maybe they just came up with like...56 unique quests, and they figured:
4 slots for Ambu every day, 1 for monster rearing, then fill the rest of the slots with the 56 unique ones, in order?

This way you can make 56 unique quests fill 14 days' of vana'bout with 9 quests per day. If someone doesn't do the quests every day, they don't make it to the very end but everyone still experiences the quests in the same order so they know what's coming up?

IDK, we still don't know for certain how it works. We may never know why it works the way it does, even after we know how it works.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 19:38:37
Link | Citer | R

You can miss a whole week at still get it, wouldnt recommend though, push too far and you might have a no internet day
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-16 19:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
OK FFXI Brain Trust:

What's the fastest way to get to Silver tier for 100 deeds?

How many dailies do I have to do? Is there a day where if I start, I won't be able to obtain 750 plaudits needed?

I got 760 in 2 days' worth of events (plus the whole-campaign events) so...no later than the second-to-last day, but you'll need to do absolutely everything, no exceptions. Best option is to just do all the easy stuff every day, you'll get 750 in no time.

Aside: holy *** we've reached the point where people are asking for help adding numbers together. We've truly reached the bottom of human achievement.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 19:50:58
Link | Citer | R

EU droppin the ball only pulling 200k, after the jp pulled 600k

1,009,270 / 4,000,000

(same as last time, of course the smallest pop is EU and East Asia)
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-16 19:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Not in my experience, I really struggled with it. Might help if you have gear or pick the right job combinations, but I just slapped something together and it took me a few tries. I think with 3+ characters it's not so bad, but solo/duo it will be VERY difficult IMO.

PUP + OVERDRIVE = WIN

Let your mechanical saviors do what they were made to do
By Godfry 2024-05-16 20:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I can't believe I'm going to agree with Eiryl here, but vanabout is the most *** thing they've done in some time.

I'm not dedicating any of my time to *** 20 year old quests DAILY. My time is too important for that. I might do the weekly things, but it will be by accident, and not because I'm "doing vanabout"

For real? I was thinking about skipping sortie a couple of nights just to make sure I got these done. The rewards are much better than prime weapon or an earring +2.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 20:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

PUP + OVERDRIVE = WIN

Let your mechanical saviors do what they were made to do

If you're able to find two people who also need the objective, three (or more) black mages do okay too. Open with flare from everyone involved. If you have five mages, that might be enough; if not, elemental seal bind and follow up with flood, and you should be set.

Just bear in mind that Trion is a filthy cheater and has range on his weaponskills that players can only dream of. Took a red lotus blade to the face from eight yalms away, while he was bound.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17