Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata Clone?)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-26 14:32:01
Link | Citer | R

According to Sony:
Abby getting her ***pushed in in TLoU is ok
All the 2077 sex scenes a-ok
The dangling *** and beastiality scene in BG3 are all a-ok
Aphrodite (presumably, based on early preview) running around naked in Hades 2 is a-ok

but Eves cleavage need to be censored
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-26 15:00:51
Link | Citer | R

I really don't understand why they would change the outfits, seems completely pointless since there are other outfits showing cleavage anyway.

Quote:
The director said he made the design choice himself.
I don't think he did, he just said he was aware of the thing people are complaining about.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-26 17:57:32
Link | Citer | R

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-baldurs-gate-3-patch-notes-didnt-mention-the-most-important-change-but-players-sure-found-it-penis-physics/

“Penis physics yaaaas lets gooo watch those hogs dangle all around”

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/action/stellar-blade-puts-eve-in-some-incredibly-stupid-sexy-outfits-but-i-love-her-design-and-had-fun-with-this-action-rpg-anyway/

“Eves sexual outfits are unnecessary and take away from the game”

Before anyone says anything, note both articles are written by the same person.

No one would give a ***about the censorship if there was a standard baseline of what is and isnt acceptable, but its clear as day that some companies are given carte blanche to do whatever they want and some have strict guidelines to adhere to.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-26 20:01:55
Link | Citer | R

The issue is giving any credibility to what games "journalists" say.

They will give a good review/score to whomever pays them more and vice versa. Failing that, whatever generates more clicks.

Baldur's gate was already beloved before all the articles because - shock horror - it's a good game. Hence all the "journalists" rave about it to get positive feedback and clicks.

Stellar Blade has randos on twitter all up in arms because they dared scan a model's body for their protagonist therefore negative articles generate more clicks to feed the feedback loop.

Not rocket science.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-04-26 20:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
RadialArcana said: »
I can dress my waifu up by playing the game?!
I feel like I fell into a time warp and went back to 2005.

It's not like you get to do that in 2005, lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_in_video_games

Unless you think GTA, god of war, Tony Hawk, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, RE4, ninja gaiden or battlefield2 is waifu dressing game....

2005 gaming scene was pretty much dominated by male protagonists.
I find it funny that his comment is clearly (from the context) referring to the fact that he can unlock costumes by playing the game (and if I'm wrong, Radial can correct me), but you latched on "waifu" and went on with a whole paragraph, and even linked a wikipedia article as supporting evidence :)

I think you need to take it a little easy
[+]
By Zehira 2024-04-26 23:45:11
Link | Citer | R

I really don't understand why they would change the outfits, seems completely pointless since there are other outfits showing cleavage anyway.

Gaystation
By RadialArcana 2024-04-27 02:34:29
Link | Citer | R

I don't really mind the changes that much, however I don't like the precedent. It's bait and switch tactics.

Appeal to customers so they preorder the game and then censor the game at launch, you pander to customers and then pander to the publisher / censor with the "final version". Shiftup doing themselves no favors doing this, they are just burning good will for their next game.

If they have any sense they will just revert the changes.

I think that vindctus game with the boob physics is gonna pull the same thing too, there is no way they will be able to get away with that level of tiddy magic on xbox and ps5. The level they went to was a huge red flag to me, I would be amazed if this launches like this in final.
By Afania 2024-04-27 04:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I find it funny that his comment is clearly (from the context) referring to the fact that he can unlock costumes by playing the game (and if I'm wrong, Radial can correct me), but you latched on "waifu" and went on with a whole paragraph, and even linked a wikipedia article as supporting evidence :)

No, I focused on the whole sentence lol. "Change costume" was a product of DLC becoming common which comes after consoles having internet access. So it doesn't matter if it is husbando or waifu costume change, change costume just wasn't a thing in 2005 lol.

It is more like a 2015 thing.

I think you need to take it a little easy

There is entirely way too many woke v.s anti-woke propaganda/opinions going on in the gaming many internet community these days, a lot of them are posted to push certain political agenda. So I ended up getting this bad habit of checking for evidence everytime someone has a more extreme opinion on internet, to ensure what I read on the internet isn't propaganda on either side. Can't blame me for referencing "evidence" everytime someone post something lol. I just don't trust many internet opinions anymore.
By Afania 2024-04-27 04:23:45
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The director said he made the design choice himself.
I don't think he did, he just said he was aware of the thing people are complaining about.

Video evidence:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stellarblade/comments/1cdlllp/directors_answer_to_the_change_in_the_outfitvideo/

He clearly said the final version is what he wanted to show people. It is not a "censorship" according to him, it is his design choice.

Like you said, if other outfits shows cleavage why would he censor only one outfit? Doesn't make sense. A real "censorship" would remove all of the sexy outfit, not just one.

To me it is just anti-woke faction projecting their political need on an artist like he is a saviour of anti-woke faction. then when he decided that not every outfit needs cleavage people burn him down for disappointing them.

Respect artist's design choice, people....
By RadialArcana 2024-04-27 04:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

Onlyfans is kind of sad, when you look at it from a human nature standpoint. It plays both sides off each other, for the enrichment of the billionaire owner.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-27 04:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
He clearly said the final version is what he wanted to show people. It is not a "censorship" according to him, it is his design choice.

Like you said, if other outfits shows cleavage why would he censor only one outfit? Doesn't make sense. A real "censorship" would remove all of the sexy outfit, not just one.

I get what you're saying, but I don't agree. He used raunchy versions of these outfits to sell the game to people, and now he launched a "final version" where they are toned down in ways that are industry standard (ff7r did the exact same thing to Tifa).

It's just a bad idea, cause it will burn fans. Even if it doesn't really matter that much, it's the principle of a bait and switch.

Nier Automata went all in on it and Yoko even just laughed off people being mad and said "yeah I just like hot girls", infact the DLC with the outfits showed even more skin. This is bad for ShiftUp long term, the resentment and lack of trust will live on past this game. If he has any sense it will just patch them back, but he probably won't (or can't, cause Sony owns it now as the publisher)
By Zehira 2024-04-27 07:50:08
Link | Citer | R

I think that vindctus game with the boob physics is gonna pull the same thing too, there is no way they will be able to get away with that level of tiddy magic on xbox and ps5.

Yes, it is very likely. So, like other games, they can leave the steam version uncensored while they are censoring the PS5 and Xbox versions as they are told to do.

Valve is a private company, which means it is not publicly traded on the stock market.
By Afania 2024-04-27 08:43:32
Link | Citer | R

it's the principle of a bait and switch.

First of all it is a common practice to change the content of the game after release. Content gets cut or altered, op characters gets nerfed for balance etc.

If someone buys a game pre-release and expect the game to be 100% identical after release, then they should never preorder imo.

As to which content change is "bait and switch" is case to case basis. Not all changes are acceptable but some can be accepted

It's just a bad idea, cause it will burn fans.

I generally don't mind game dev design sexy outfits as long as the design doesn't break immersion(Tifa in FF7R is a good example of logical outfit). I also don't mind game dev selling illogical sexy outfit in dlc as long as it is optional.

However a lot of "fans" of this game on the internet posted opinions like "I am usually not interested in this kind of game, I am only buying it to piss off SJW".

Then as soon as they learned that the dev added a piece of fabric on an outfit they spam thousands of rage posts on the internet: "whoaa they bend their knees to SJW!! Canceling pre-order now!!!"

I'm sorry but I highly doubt this kind of people are intended target audience to begin with, they are using this game as a weapon to fight a political stance that they don't agree with, that's all. They opinions about a piece of fabric adds absolutely nothing to a deep and meaningful gaming experience, which I want the game dev to focus on.

I want the game dev use their resources and time to create a meaningful gaming experience. By adding better gameplay experience, story or interesting content. I don't want them to waste time to discuss whether a piece of fabric should or should not exist because it is a symbol of woke or anti-woke winning a war or something.

When people put all of their attention on a piece of fabric and argue endlessly about it, THAT is detrimental to future games, imo.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-04-27 08:44:01
Link | Citer | R

No, I focused on the whole sentence lol.
Weirdchamp
No, you highlighted "waifu" and then said "2005 gaming scene was pretty much dominated by male protagonists."

Quote:
change costume just wasn't a thing in 2005
Oh here we go again. It's about unlocking content by playing, not costumes per se XD

Quote:
So I ended up getting this bad habit of checking for evidence everytime someone has a more extreme opinion on internet,
Well people have an obligation to verify information & not accept random crap, that's healthy behaviour (I often got friends upset when I didn't readily accept whatever thing they presented as a known fact that turned out to be an urban legend at the end).
What's not healthy is to turn this into an obsession to the point of misunderstanding what people say just to find something to disagree about. Taking a step back before engaging in disagreement might help
By Afania 2024-04-27 08:53:51
Link | Citer | R

No, you highlighted "waifu" and then said "2005 gaming scene was pretty much dominated by male protagonists."

you highlighted "waifu

No, I focused on both, not just one or another. Because both terms were used.

That does not matter anyways. I can highlight "costume" instead and the same point stands. I don't recall being able to choose 30+ outfits in God of War or prince of Persia in 2005 by playing the game. So what was being said contradicts my personal experience from the same genre in 2005 with or without waifu.

It's about unlocking
content by playing, not costumes per se XD

That wasn't what RA said. "I can dress my waifu up by playing the game?!" Was what RA said.

If they said "content" instead of "outfit" I wouldn't say a thing lol. "Content" is a way more reasonable term to use in this case because it includes wider variety of unlockables.

Quote:
What's not healthy is to turn this into an obsession to the point of misunderstanding what people say just to find something to disagree about.

That has more to do with how people say their opinions. If I respond to something, that's probably because the way an opinion is being phrased in a controversial way.

I don't disagree with every opinions ever. Just more controversial ones. Be clear with the message then no misunderstanding will happen.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2024-04-27 10:14:45
Link | Citer | R

All of this crap against Stellar Blade just sounds racist as ***. These critics give off the exact same vibes as when dog whistles are used against black people while giving white people a pass because the double standard is so blatant. I do not understand why we are focusing on the censorship at all in comparison to the clear widespread anti asian racism rearing it's head thinking that it's being subtle.
By Afania 2024-04-27 10:31:37
Link | Citer | R

While I do think Stellar Blade witch hunt is crazy I'm not entirely sure if it has anything to do with Asian tbh. Ada Wong, Yuffie, Chun-li are all sexy Asian female characters created by Asians. Mai from KOF is also Asian characters created by Asians, and Mai sells sex harder than Eve.

My personal guess is that woke journalists probably picked on Stellar Blade because it is a relatively newer big budget IP with less fans from console AAA community (their main reader). If they attack FF, resident evil or street fighter they'll make more enemies from a bigger community.

Poor Kim......
By RadialArcana 2024-04-27 10:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Something I have noticed is most journalists who complain abour racism endlessly are the most openly racist against Chinese, Japanese and Koreans. Not sure why, but they seem incredibly comfortable with it and they never get any pushback from their "tribe" either.

Poor Kim......

He's ok, he's a big boy. I do think he made a mistake though, I hope he changes the costumes back if he is allowed by Sony.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2024-04-27 10:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Racists aren't known for picking on targets that can fight back. It's no different than how racists IRL stay quiet until they think they're safe saying the quiet part out loud.
It was almost like they're a parody when they decided to use the ancient Greece/Rome as the paragon of standards argument that's been used for literal centuries for western cultural imperialism. They are so by the numbers when it comes to setting off red flags that on their own wouldn't be problematic that it almost hurts from all the facepalming I want to do.
This is the exact same mean girls behavior that has been collectively used against black women for decades which is why I recognized it.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-27 10:50:28
Link | Citer | R

When I first saw the costume changes I didn't really care, however the changes are super stupid and they did use the old costumes to promote the game heavily. I saw lots of shots of booba costumes that are no longer there.

That's just not cool.

If developers can get away with doing this behavior with no pushback, it will become an epidemic.

It will end up like when you go in mcdonalds burger meme with "what I expected and what I got"
By Afania 2024-04-27 11:36:46
Link | Citer | R

It will end up like when you go in mcdonalds burger meme with "what I expected and what I got"

The outfit design change doesn't bother me nearly as much as jumpscares in level design tbh. If a game is advertise as stylish action game then design some of their levels like resident evil, I would feel that's false advertising.....

(Part of the reason why I had problems with FF15...)
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-27 16:26:27
Link | Citer | R

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but the *** is too jiggly lol (Skin suit)

Like you think it's hotter the jigglier but there is a maximum and they passed it. Overshot it into comically silly. Does the skin suit just have extra for effect? The normal outfit isn't so silly.

It is what it is it's just actually making me laugh at the ridiculousness. The coomer chat also killing me.
By jubes 2024-04-27 16:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-27 16:49:29
Link | Citer | R

This is still way better.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-04-27 17:18:18
Link | Citer | R

Everyone has a different taste. As far as I'm concerned, some people like a flat chest and small booty or even a futanari (100% female body with a ***).

I do think this thread mostly is about jiggling and outfit problems. Nothing about the actual gameplay and story.

(If Stellar Blade is not coming to PC, I can live without it.)
By jubes 2024-04-27 17:26:09
Link | Citer | R

so far it's a decent action game with elements of DMC, Sekiro, etc. story will be just as subjective as the jiggles. i wouldn't buy a ps5 just to play this, but if you have one already i say go for it. the menu options for graphics and sound do lead me to believe a PC version is very likely.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-27 17:27:33
Link | Citer | R

The combat is amazing fun, once you unlock stuff in the skill tree.

Biggest complaint is just that Eve has very little personality or passion as a character, at least compared to 2b. It's still amazing to me how stupid Square are for not doing more with Nier Automata.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-27 17:44:34
Link | Citer | R

I dont think the androids in Automata were particularly well constructed in terms of personality, as they are simply…. Androids.

Most of their charming were due the shark contrast between the MCs, and obviously, the gothic outfit that leveraged the same impact that Matrix 1 used and abused. That gothic style made it feel they were more unique than what they really are.

I didnt follow Eves scenes so far, but i guess its not favorable to her that players can simply play her naked, thus annulling an important aspect of a character personalization, that is the cloths
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-27 17:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Ah alright, watching coomer dist in the skin suit definitely skewed the objectiveness.

The ridiculous jiggly is bumped up to 11 in the skin suit vs the normal armor.

Much more reasonable. Each asscheek doesn't bounce with every step.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-04-27 18:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

you highlighted "waifu

No, I focused on both, not just one or another. Because both terms were used.
It.. does not work like that. When you focus on "both", you narrow down your answer, which is what you did: "2005 gaming scene was pretty much dominated by male protagonists.", which made your comment an objection to something Radial never suggested.

That wasn't what RA said. "I can dress my waifu up by playing the game?!" Was what RA said.

If they said "content" instead of "outfit" I wouldn't say a thing lol. "Content" is a way more reasonable term to use in this case because it includes wider variety of unlockables.
He used it as example of unlockables by playing the game

It does not have to be the same quantity or quality. Examples don't have to be 1:1. They serve to make a point easier to grasp or have more impact

Really easy to glean from the context

But I know you'll keep arguing forever over this & "demand" people use language as simple math and "Be clear with the message" (as if this is an instruction manual or a legal contract), otherwise it's their fault if you misunderstand a comment

So:
That does not matter anyways.
Indeed
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10