Second POL Crashing, No Error Message

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Second POL crashing, no error message
Second POL crashing, no error message
By quadramet 2024-02-18 11:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Reinstalled FFXI on a new SSD. Then downloaded windower and the "make the game look great" stuff from the Nextgames video (2022 version). I had all of this before with no issue.

I boot up FFXI via windower and then a second POl for my mule. Log into both and one just crashes after a few seconds. NO error, just poof. Then, if I try to start another POL via windower, it just boots up POL without windwer. If i wait a minute, it will start up in windower and I get both logged into the game. However, after a minute or two, one crashes, again with no error or warning.

Any thoughts? This is very frusrtating!
By RadialArcana 2024-02-18 12:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Is UAC on, are you giving windows permission launching the 2nd. Are you crashing in a specific area. Did you properly install the game and not just copy files over. Some out of date addon. Are you using a new UI mod (if you're using one). Are you sure you only have one version of XI installed.
 Fenrir.Holitha
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Holitha
By Fenrir.Holitha 2024-02-18 16:19:04
Link | Citer | R

After recently going through random crashes I'll take a stab in the dark here:

Do you have an Intel 13900 (K/F/KF) processor? If so, there's a decent chance you've got a bad core like I do, and you'll have to either manually set the affinity to avoid Performance Core 4 (most say that's the one, worked for me I didn't process of elimination it), or use ProcessLasso to avoid that core entirely.

If not, download MemTest86, make a bootable USB from it (comes with instructions), and boot into that and let it do the full scan on your memory for a few hours.

If that comes back clean, then you'll have to go down the list of stuff other people will suggest like disabling UAC, enabling DirectPlay, test without Windower, etc.