Iron Plate/Ochain
 Leviathan.Tsukki
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-27 01:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering for farming the Iron Plates:
Is there a better drop rate in one area over the others? (Grauberg, Uleguarand, Altepa) And is it worth going thief? Did Uleguarand and haven't gotten a double plate drop yet and was wondering if I should just go with a more efficient job to save time.
Additionally, is the Ochain worth getting anymore? With Aegis and Duban (or whatever the prime shield is called) idk if Ochain is still relevant and I keep getting mixed signals reading other threads. The Iron plates I'm currently farming are for the harp but I'm thinking I might farm extra while I'm at it if it's worth the time.
Thanks ?
 Asura.Cebera
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Cebera 2023-12-27 02:23:11
Link | Citer | R

I used windows timer and then kill all 3 zoning between all available mobs to speed it up keeping my routine even if I lost the claim. I was always thf.

As for relevance I’m not sure, I barely use it but then I’m only pld on a couple of events and I don’t need the mp return.
[+]
By K123 2023-12-27 03:08:26
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxidb.com/items/3293
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-27 10:04:14
Link | Citer | R

i just farmed mine in Uleguarand, they are in such a small compressed location there it was easier to just stay there and run around doing them. I didn't try the other areas, but I doubt the drop rate is any different.

Ochain isn't really worth it any longer, Duban has the same or better block rate and higher defense. The conversion to MP isn't really that interesting especially since PLD already gets it on some other pieces, but also the times you are using it, you won't be taking enough damage for it to do anything. Even during segfarms where the BRD isn't capable of keeping Ballad on me, I can manage with elixirs and Chivalry fine or just using the empy head. The VIT might have some niche uses I'm not thinking of, but I've not found a case where it's really useful anymore. I have mine done and I never use it after Duban.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsukki
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-27 10:45:20
Link | Citer | R

All very helpful info, thanks everyone ^^