Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » V.Cloak
V.Cloak
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-05 17:21:06
Link | Citer | R

But if you're not having MP problems who cares when you get it back?
The point of the post was that the OP wanted to know if vermy was nessecary, and it isn't.
[+]
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2009-11-05 18:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Wait, so you're suggesting a vermy to a person that doesnt want more inventory, and is having gil issues, for the 30 seconds it takes to start up another sublimation charge?

It's not worth it if you dont need more inventory, if you're having MP issues, which I dont think you brought up, invite a bard for ballad, not a rdm.

I personally skipped it and have never had problems on sch with MP.

They are going to have inventory problems either way. That's how jobs work. If you want to be good at them, you have to get gear. I have the Argute Gown. I wear my Vermy 80% of the time because 1, I usually have to wait for the BLMs anyway and 2, I try to make use of my Uggalepih Pendant if I can. When you start fights with a fully charged Sublimation, it can take a good while to use up ~260 MP (which is about 1/3 of my total MP as hume), so what good is your +Sublimation gear doing for you? I certainly hope you aren't eating your Sublimation regardless of your MP pool.

Again, 3.3 hMP that you keep when you're idle or 1 tick of refresh, it's the same no matter how you look at it. The alternative is Seer's Tunic (+1 hMP, Lv30) or Errant Houppelande (+5 hMP, Lv72). There is nothing in between for the body, unless you're looking at augments from the moogle campaign keys.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-05 18:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Yes vermy is an peice of gear for idle. Like other peices of gear it had substitutes and the world WILL NOT end if you dont have it.

I was speaking in terms of Light Arts, not trying to nuke. I never see myself using vermy because I would use a full charge while main healing, and I cure in goliard. Theres no reason to have a peice of gear to wear for 30 seconds. If you feel like you should get it, get it. Buying it when you have SCH only is a waste, but with other jobs (like PLD I think someone said) I would encourage it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2009-11-06 11:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Yes vermy is an peice of gear for idle. Like other peices of gear it had substitutes and the world WILL NOT end if you dont have it.

I was speaking in terms of Light Arts, not trying to nuke. I never see myself using vermy because I would use a full charge while main healing, and I cure in goliard. Theres no reason to have a peice of gear to wear for 30 seconds. If you feel like you should get it, get it. Buying it when you have SCH only is a waste, but with other jobs (like PLD I think someone said) I would encourage it.

In Light Arts, too: Vermy 80% of idle time (I cure in -30 enmity gear and Sublimation only takes ~3 minutes to charge). You want to defend someone and say they shouldn't get it because of gil problems, yet the OP is working on getting Ares and has M.Silverpieces on their "wanted" list. The fact that they have PLD (the PLD point was mine, btw) and don't have a very useful, very cheap investment piece like Vermy is a shame.

Vermy and Noble's Tunic are among the few pieces I bought that are cheaper now than they were when I bought them (600k->400k Vermy and 350k->150k Noble's) and I still think they were worth every penny. Yes, it's a lot of money to a newb, but it's chump change compared to what other jobs have to pay for "good" gear at that level. SCH's AF is good enough they can go all the way from 60->72 without getting anything else but spells.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-06 11:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Geeze it's not like it cost that much. Just get the cloak for idling!
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-06 11:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Geez, this hasn't died yet? It was a simple question of weather to get it or not. Being cheap/lazy/wanting to spend gil on other more important things to me.. I didn't WANT to, but I may get one.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-06 12:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Idk if this has been said or not yet, idk I'm not going to reread the whole thread, but

NO.

DO NOT WASTE MONEY FOR THIS ON SCH.

The only use you'll get out of it is the 30 seconds between Sublimation recasts, which is a whopping 10 MP. You're better off using an MP body at that point.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [143 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-03-29 12:47:29
Link | Citer | R

It is nice to have if you don't need to use Sublimation. Whether it be random running around, between Sublimations, or even not low enough MP to justify using Sublimation. This piece can allow SCH to go longer between needing to use Sublimation. It is not necessary, but it is nice to have.

By the way, always charge Sublimation in AF Head and Relic Body if you have it. If you aren't charging, then you can switch V.Cloak in.
[+]