RMT Bots Have Won...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » RMT bots have won...
RMT bots have won...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 20:04:07
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
And, what game wants to be stratified so hard that the "elites" can't play with the 'noobs'.

Your question, not mine. When you finish leveling your character in WOW and you're brand new in your whatever-the-*** gear you get from questing, do you immediately go into the highest-tier dungeon with the elite players and start working on your endgame gear?
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 20:07:15
Link | Citer | R

I'd play super mario bros all day long with my nephew. ***'s fun. Not gonna say to him sorry you dont have a static with reclusive sortie/prime weapon membership so you're not invited.

Again its SE fault for not removing the roadblocks (and the rmts).
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-20 20:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
It's also a little odd to say "People can't find 5 people to play with so they're resorting to playing multiple characters at once. The solution is to make 18-man content!" It's like having a peddleboat business where people who are using robots to control the second set of peddles because they're having trouble finding someone to partner up with, so your solution is 12-person peddleboats, to encourage more people to group up.

The logic behind those beliefs does make sense, its just very convoluted. The biggest issue I see right now is by limiting content to 6, you can no longer take that friend of yours along who is trying hard, but doesn't have a static. In 18 man content, which we all have talked ad nauseum really isn't "18-man required", its quite easy to have someone returning after a long break or just a newer player tag along and get help.

Now, what I see is a bunch of 5/6 statics all seeking that one last person to fill out until another gets frustrated and leaves the game, starting the process all over. Its a very inefficient way to have your playerbase busy.

I know the intent was to create a more flexible environment time-wise for us as players...find your 5 buddies, set up a play schedule that works with your lives, and ride it. But the truth is that leaves a lot of "partial" statics, and even more people looking from the outside.

And last, the experience, ML, and gear requirements to "get in" one of those incomplete statics completely alienates returnees or new folk. We just have to accept that what enables mercs to "carry" folks is the exact same mechanic that lets us carry our friends. You can't just eliminate one and preserve the other.

to use your paddleboat business example, its closer to renting 6 person paddleboats and families/friends in groups of 8 keep showing up, but when they learn you only rent 6 person paddleboats they opt for single person kayaks.

This is so damn true and why I wish they would make sortie or everything else able to have an alliance. I don't care if it's "easier", like really do not care. We need to be able to have those odd folks who wouldn't fit into a perfect team or even a half baked one able to tag along with friends.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 20:10:48
Link | Citer | R

It's all good. Agree to disagree. I think there are grave flaws in SE's ffxi and you think there are grave flaws in the players.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 20:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
Sorry dude, what are your talking about, WoW? Not even remotely relevant...

Huh? You asked for games where noobs can't play with elites, as it relates to that happening in FFXI, an MMORPG. I provided two other MMORPGs where this happens, and those are somehow not relevant, but your example of couch co-op with your nephew is the most relevant game possible? Are you feeling OK?
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 20:15:13
Link | Citer | R

You missed the rhetorical part of that question.

Its clear we are so far apart in our thinking about ffxi that it doesnt make sense to talk.
By Mattelot 2023-10-20 20:25:08
Link | Citer | R

GetHelpNerd said: »
if you looked up unhinged it would literally be a picture of him)

Wow, he looks just like Russell Crowe
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-20 20:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Yes, you cant bring noobs into Sheol Gaol with you because instead of dealing 50% dmg to a V25 NM, you'll only deal 40%. Thats unacceptable because instead of cheesing 2000 rp, you'll only get 1800 RP, and thats unacceptable.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-20 22:41:44
Link | Citer | R

I just ran into a friend who came back with his crew. We used to run Omen and Dynamis. I've got 4 people, he's got 4 people. We can do nothing important together.

Neither of us are going to try to get the other to bench friends because we're not ***.

---
To get to the point of newbs gotta team up with newbs, sorry that's just a terrible idea unless you think 50% of players are playing BRD, COR, and GEO. They aren't learning how to play correctly unless they are actually shooting for end game. Just say no one helped me learn so I don't want to help others and be honest.

There isn't a reason to help more than your other 5 friends and it sucks. The game is a cheaper play experience at only 6 man for everyrhing. It makes it impossible to grow the community on a 20 uear old ps2 game
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-10-20 22:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Would like to point out that Final Fantasy is a game I link with my childhood and SE totally let me down during the anniversary. It's like finally meeting your hero and he is a total *** loser.

SE learned so much from ROV. From delivering the news they weren't going to develop new content to the final content they pushed out. SE knew to tell people it was in Maintenance mode, and they definitely put effort into putting no effort into the final gameplay loop compared with what happened with ROV.

So many people came back when they heard it was ending and Resenjima was actually fun to do with randoms. The game got a second wind. SE was mad and here we are. It's like they hired a Psychiatrist and asked them to help deliver the most underwhelming content imaginable while avoiding the outrage that they were not going to add anything more to the game and he was like "Say no more fam"
[+]
By Aelius 2023-10-21 00:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
You seriously mean to ask people to play on a server where this guy runs the show?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/134560-Bot-RMT-Cheating-Megathread?p=7657413&viewfull=1#post7657413

He doesn't 'run the show'. Get your facts checked.

We're here to stay. Even after retail is long gone. Choice is yours.
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2023-10-21 02:12:30
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
And last, the experience, ML, and gear requirements to "get in" one of those incomplete statics completely alienates returnees or new folk. We just have to accept that what enables mercs to "carry" folks is the exact same mechanic that lets us carry our friends. You can't just eliminate one and preserve the other.

I agree with this on the whole, but my solution would be kinda old-fashioned "walking up hill in the snow both ways" - the newer players need to nut up and make a group with other newer players. I had to clear every single Gaol NM on V5, 10, 15, 20, and 25. I'm glad they have the option to skip straight to 25 by merc'ing or getting help from us (their friends) but honestly, you need to recognize where you are at in the game and work your way up, not look straight to the top and aim for that.

Start doing Sortie to the best of yours/your peers' skill/gear levels, and work your way up to doing 8/9 or 9/9 bosses. Work your way through the Odyssey fights one at a time until you get to the harder tiers/vengeance instead of complaining that you can't get into an endgame group as soon as you hit 99. Make a group with people of similar skill/gear/unlocks, and make your way up to the top.

I'm with you on this but I think it all comes down to a different era of gaming, especially for MMO's. New players have all the videos, forums, and guides to know what the top looks like and can go just play 'insert MMO here' with instant queues and free gear to get there rather than having to suck it up and enjoy the longgg journey. Old players like me who used to find joy in the journey, only have about an hour a day to game so I want to condense that timeline lol.

Whatever side of the spectrum we're on, no one outside of some niche folks has the time or patience to game like in a way that makes current FFXI fun. So you either merc, or quit, but the boats set sail
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-21 09:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Aelius said: »
You seriously mean to ask people to play on a server where this guy runs the show?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/134560-Bot-RMT-Cheating-Megathread?p=7657413&viewfull=1#post7657413

LMFAO

You do you bub.
[+]
By Aelius 2023-10-21 10:58:14
Link | Citer | R

Aelius said: »

LMFAO

You do you bub.

You're still incorrect even if you laugh your *** off but yeah, not worried about your hatred of other people when you're completely unaware what they do. So, you hate who you want. More stuff for me and everyone else. ;)
By Jetackuu 2023-10-21 11:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Yes, you cant bring noobs into Sheol Gaol with you because instead of dealing 50% dmg to a V25 NM, you'll only deal 40%. Thats unacceptable because instead of cheesing 2000 rp, you'll only get 1800 RP, and thats unacceptable.

Quite honestly it'd be more like getting wiped instantly or getting maybe 5%. People want to optimize their time when they have such moronic limits imposed on them.
[+]
By gavroches 2023-10-21 13:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I’ll take any “noob team” to a V25 that can deal 40%, that’s really promising to be honest. The reality is most “noob team” don’t reach 10, sometimes not even the 6%…. And they don’t want to do their progression either, they want their V25 clear without working their way up.

Also, agree with someone else statement that folks don’t help, so I don’t blame them for botting, 6 boxing and stuff, that’s actually a solution for them and they pay SE more to have the right to bypass those stupid Trust. I have shouted, posted here or other site and not 1 answer to team up. And I’m not the only one, look at the odyssey channel, plenty of LFG never have follow up, even a dude from Bahamut for Bumba V25 goes months without answer, so people bot… you got Gav’s blessing
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-10-21 13:31:31
Link | Citer | R

issue isn't bringing noobs with you to farm v25 rp, that's easy and harmless

they can't enter in the first place to farm the RP unless you also bring them with you to farm segments, and 2 legitimately new players will cut your return by over half vs 6 people with gear and knowledge

they also can't even use the RP past r15 unless you carry them through clears, and they'll be dead weight in v15/v20.. requiring an extremely strong 5man team to carry one member through t3/t4 v20

you straight up can't carry bumba v25, and only the best groups in the game can carry t3 v25s

i don't really think there's anything inherently wrong with any of this, the hardest content in the game shouldn't be accessible to a brand new character, this is a progression based game.. but the combination of the steep barrier to entry and lack of new players willing to work their way up is still a recipe for disaster
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-21 14:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
issue isn't bringing noobs with you to farm v25 rp, that's easy and harmless

they can't enter in the first place to farm the RP unless you also bring them with you to farm segments, and 2 legitimately new players will cut your return by over half vs 6 people with gear and knowledge

they also can't even use the RP past r15 unless you carry them through clears, and they'll be dead weight in v15/v20.. requiring an extremely strong 5man team to carry one member through t3/t4 v20

you straight up can't carry bumba v25, and only the best groups in the game can carry t3 v25s

i don't really think there's anything inherently wrong with any of this, the hardest content in the game shouldn't be accessible to a brand new character, this is a progression based game.. but the combination of the steep barrier to entry and lack of new players willing to work their way up is still a recipe for disaster

Segments should be alliance farmable, no reason to limit that to 6 man. Odyssea V25 boss fights are garbage mechanically anyway, half require sheer luck and the others are hoping the Boss doesn't roll a nat 20 on some "die now" TP move.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-21 16:22:13
Link | Citer | R

They should really let you take 2 parties with up to 11 people into gaol. You have to play every job to do 2 phones and the trade off is you can't do 3 phones or super charge runs. You can literally play any job in there because every job will be used for a double run with a full house.

Same thing with a 2 party to Sortie. You have to have wait on everyone to be in the right zone to get progress so it's really not without some trade off. Plus make it so you can't party swap because anytime something messes up in Sortie with the party list or loading into the zone the run goes fubar immediately. They could even put in a penalty like old cases never drop anything good...wink wink. I would even take a penalty to galli if the drop rate of stones from Aminon for stage 5 was untouched. Even better yet they could increase the rewards for single party because epeen bragging rights so hardcore, only want 5 friends, life.

The rest of us can socialize while playing our MMO of choice.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-21 20:22:40
Link | Citer | R

It wouldn't hurt anything to allow alliance into segment farm. It's not like we aren't hitting the cap now, more people would be getting segments as a result which is... good for trying boss fights.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-21 20:26:00
Link | Citer | R

It would let triple the people get octuple the segs and hexatuple the queue and Duodecuple the gil created out of thin air.

An alli would full clear every zone, everytime.

That would actually hurt things, believe it or not. If your stance is who cares, it'd be fun, that's fine, but there are in fact reasons things exist as they are.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-21 20:29:28
Link | Citer | R

While we're fixing things: why not just make it so you don't need to use segments at all to fight Gaol NMs? Would allow more people to take part in the content. You can play with all your friends without worrying about having perfect gear or jobs.

For Sortie, they should just give you 80k muffins when you enter, because people have already killed all 9 bosses in a single run anyway, so there's no harm.

Plus it's not a pvp game, so nobody loses anything if someone else gets a new item.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-21 22:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Letting pt leader be the only one to expend gaol ki would actually help enabling players with less segments to join in-progress groups. Make whatever balance adjustments necessary, but you know its true.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-21 22:39:31
Link | Citer | R

If you didn't need segments for unlocks, only RP farm, then we could have casual shouts back.

I also wish there was a practice arena for Sortie bosses that drop no rewards. That way you can do a trial with a new person instead of throwing a run and hope they remember what they did tomorrow.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-10-22 04:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Should've just reworked costs when they added amplifiers, tbh

make the amp cost 4000, drop the base moglophone to 500, and you keep grind time for farming runs the same for most but give the option of stretching your segs(or farming segs) by doing more boss fights and make boss attempts massively cheaper
[+]
By Afania 2023-10-22 05:44:18
Link | Citer | R

The biggest issue I see right now is by limiting content to 6, you can no longer take that friend of yours along who is trying hard, but doesn't have a static

Technically you can if there are no tag limitation in 6 people content. Just rotate people in and out. We often did that in ambuscade already. Sometimes people join for one or two runs, leave, then another person replace that person.

But SE just wouldn't let us spam the same content without cooldown so......
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-22 13:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
The biggest issue I see right now is by limiting content to 6, you can no longer take that friend of yours along who is trying hard, but doesn't have a static

Technically you can if there are no tag limitation in 6 people content. Just rotate people in and out. We often did that in ambuscade already. Sometimes people join for one or two runs, leave, then another person replace that person.

But SE just wouldn't let us spam the same content without cooldown so......

.....how long have you been away from the game if you're equating rotating people into Ambuscade to rotating folks for Sortie? On any measure of comparison (difficulty, duration of runs, availability of KI, job requirements) you've just compared walking next door to ask your neighbor for an egg to landing on the moon.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-22 13:39:41
Link | Citer | R

SE nixed no-cooldown when people maxed out on content within the first week of release and deactivated for 4 months.

SE done a lot of dumb things, but thats not one of them. Blame the no-lifers. That doesnt excuse the reversed trend of inability to store a couple KIs though.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-10-22 15:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of MLs: Does Kupofried work with MLs or only Exp/JP?
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2023-10-22 15:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »
Speaking of MLs: Does Kupofried work with MLs or only Exp/JP?

The only thing that helps with exemplar points is corsair's roll.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12