Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-08-02 08:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This is a amicable solution. Hopefully meso is 100% from turbo aminon but otherwise good changes. Being able to choose between normal and hard is nice.

People can now use their Stage 4 weapons without fear of blowing everyone else up. It may turn into an Omen situation for those making Stage 5, one run to get the entry items, then another to fight the uber boss for Meso's.

Now to see if Chief and Co can figure out a viable strat for enraged uber boss, we got an hour to fight him anyway.
[+]
By K123 2023-08-02 11:16:03
Link | Citer | R

I think the one thing they could do to make this content less shitty, for those that want to make more than 1 weapon, is to drop the galli requirements after your first weapon to something like 400k, 1m, 2m. SE always banged on about how the selling point of FFXI is you can be any job on one char but the brutal near 9m galli per weapon and the boring grind will mean people only ever make one at that cost.
[+]
By Mrxi 2023-08-02 11:31:20
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
I think the one thing they could do to make this content less shitty, for those that want to make more than 1 weapon, is to drop the galli requirements after your first weapon to something like 400k, 1m, 2m. SE always banged on about how the selling point of FFXI is you can be any job on one char but the brutal near 9m galli per weapon and the boring grind will mean people only ever make one at that cost.
You make it sound like you need the prime to play the job but I would have to agree with the rest, once you build one should unlock them all like ergon then trade some currency.
By SimonSes 2023-08-02 11:55:11
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »

I doubt galli would change. This would *** up people who do few at once and you would have another rage.
Now they could maybe add Meso to drop like candy from all bosses if you finish stage 5, so you would need to fight Enraged Aminon several times for only one stage 5.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-08-02 12:41:21
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Personally idk why people are so hard set on making stage 5 tbh, stage 4 already dumps on just about anything else in the game. I finish my stage 4 in a couple weeks and will gladly walk away and call it there. Not defending SE in any way, but it's also not set in stone you NEED to go all the way.
I view a stage 5 Prime weapon as sort of a career capper. But for sure you're right, the sensible route is to build a handful of stage 4 weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-08-02 12:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Personally idk why people are so hard set on making stage 5 tbh, stage 4 already dumps on just about anything else in the game. I finish my stage 4 in a couple weeks and will gladly walk away and call it there. Not defending SE in any way, but it's also not set in stone you NEED to go all the way.
Because this game is provably full of people who would do any amount of grind for +1 STR.
[+]
By Seun 2023-08-02 12:53:46
Link | Citer | R

5 Psyche/month RoE still gatekeeping.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-02 12:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Because this game is provably full of people who would do any amount of grind for +1 STR.

Stage 4 gets like 30% chance for double damage proc and pdl increase. We have no idea what stage 5 will give, but it will most likely be more than "+1str". Also glow.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-08-02 13:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Materials needed to upgrade Prime Weapons will have a chance to drop when he is defeated.

So reading between the lines they messed up and they forgot to add it in before which is why Mischief et al never saw a drop?
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-02 13:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
Quote:
Materials needed to upgrade Prime Weapons will have a chance to drop when he is defeated.

So reading between the lines they messed up and they forgot to add it in before which is why Mischief et al never saw a drop?

I think you misunderstood. Stones for stage 5 are from enraged Aminon, which none killed yet and they will stay the same after September patch. They just specified it in the notes to describe the difference between easy and hard mode option they are adding, so you can make conscious choice. In current form you have no choice at all, so they didn't need to specify difference.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-08-02 13:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha.
 Bahamut.Forutegsx
Serveur: Bahamut
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Forutegsx 2023-08-02 13:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This is a amicable solution. Hopefully meso is 100% from turbo aminon but otherwise good changes. Being able to choose between normal and hard is nice.

People can now use their Stage 4 weapons without fear of blowing everyone else up. It may turn into an Omen situation for those making Stage 5, one run to get the entry items, then another to fight the uber boss for Meso's.

Now to see if Chief and Co can figure out a viable strat for enraged uber boss, we got an hour to fight him anyway.

Oh we've beat Aminon a few times already, but the secret sauce isn't ready for release yet.

And by isn't ready I mean I'm just talking ***and making stuff up. We haven't killed it just yet, we do have some interesting theories we're going to test but it's gonna be a ***show if we can't get everybody meso's before the update lol

I am a little distraught that they're nerfing the bosses but it's understandable to be honest. The prospect of completely nerfing a group because of a single stage 4 was really rough if you did nothing but pick up groups.

All good things must come to an end I suppose.
By zixxer 2023-08-02 13:48:36
Link | Citer | R

I think SE should consider adding "waypoints" in Sortie. At this point I've had some nightmares running around a purple maze.

Nyame, purple. Prime weapons, purple. Odyssey, purple. Bumba... you guessed it!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-08-02 13:51:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sensarity said: »

Only if it's Gold Box and super duper rare.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-08-02 14:10:10
Link | Citer | R

zixxer said: »
I think SE should consider adding "waypoints" in Sortie. At this point I've had some nightmares running around a purple maze.

I was thinking something similar yesterday, would be awesome if you could head back to the starting device from a boss tele once its been killed on the upper floor. running there at least involves farming KIs and popping chests, running back is just running.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-08-02 14:10:36
Link | Citer | R

That was fast. The tried and true method for getting things adjusted in the game:

Be Japanese
Cause a complete ***storm on the OF (on the JP side)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-08-02 14:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That was fast. The tried and true method for getting things adjusted in the game:

Be Japanese
Cause a complete ***storm on the OF (on the JP side)

Japanese culture is super polite, even if someone hates your guts they'll be polite when dealing with you. Anything that angers that many players and has them make those kinds of comments is going to get developer attention.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-02 14:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »

That is a gate we already were given the key to before knowing it was even needed. Until there's a consistent and reliable way to farm mesos, they remain the true final gate.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-02 14:43:10
Link | Citer | R

zixxer said: »

Nyame, purple. Prime weapons, purple. Odyssey, purple. Bumba... you guessed it!
That would allow people to farm Galli even faster, unacceptable.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-02 15:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Japanese culture is super polite, even if someone hates your guts they'll be polite when dealing with you. Anything that angers that many players and has them make those kinds of comments is going to get developer attention.

You obviously have never posted in a JP forum.

They are rude, arrogant, and condescending to anyone who doesn't speak perfect Japanese.

They make the NA forum look like an episode of "Joy of Painting".
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-02 16:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Seun said: »

That is a gate we already were given the key to before knowing it was even needed. Until there's a consistent and reliable way to farm mesos, they remain the true final gate.

They explain the mechanic in detail now:

Aminon
Dealing damage multiple times with an elemental weakness that corresponding to his special attack when his earrings glow will cause a Zisurru to vanish.

If you are able to properly manage that number of Zisurru, you will be able to delay his use of Bane of Tartarus. Maintaining this state will prove key to victory.

Everyone was trying to skirt the mechanic with TP draining because they didn't understand it and this was their way of "patching it".

They spell it out now so we'll see.
By drakefs 2023-08-02 16:06:52
Link | Citer | R

It may turn into an Omen situation for those making Stage 5, one run to get the entry items, then another to fight the uber boss for Meso's.

Maybe I misunderstood Fujito's changes to Sortie but it looked like basement bosses will not have a hard mode after the changes and only Aminon will (which looks to be selected when you enter his room).
By Dodik 2023-08-02 16:10:56
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »
Maybe I misunderstood Fujito's changes to Sortie but it looked like basement bosses will not have a hard mode after the changes and only Aminon will (which looks to be selected when you enter his room).

Yes, but the connotation is that you will not have time to do an 8 boss run + Aminon in the same 1hr so would have to dedicate a run solely to Aminon to have time to kill him in enraged mode.

Since a group that can tackle enraged Aminon can most likely do 8 bosses at normal difficulty.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-02 16:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

You obviously have never posted in a JP forum.

They are rude, arrogant, and condescending to anyone who doesn't speak perfect Japanese.

They make the NA forum look like an episode of "Joy of Painting".

Yeah no duh because they allow that on the JP side. The NA side is tame because it's been heavily censored with bans.

Also the devs don't read the NA side. It's just the moderators who occasionally used to ask questions on our behalf.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-02 16:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Getting an Aminon pop and then doing Aminon on the next run is a completely normal thing to do. Let's not pretend like there's more than 1 or 2 groups doing 8+Aminon as it is
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-08-02 20:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
drakefs said: »

Yes, but the connotation is that you will not have time to do an 8 boss run + Aminon in the same 1hr so would have to dedicate a run solely to Aminon to have time to kill him in enraged mode.

Since a group that can tackle enraged Aminon can most likely do 8 bosses at normal difficulty.

We have done 8/8 bosses at the increased difficulty and haven't put a dent in enraged Aminon. The "intended" strategy is beyond ridiculous, so it will likely require some creative shenanigans to take down the stupid thing.

Edit: I spoke too soon! Mischief provided creative enough shenanigans and it worked.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mischief
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-08-02 23:41:05
Link | Citer | R

We killed enraged Aminon...and didn't get a Mesosiderite. It really isn't 100%, and you need 4 of them.

The kill took us most of the run, with a specialized setup - we went straight to Aminon, and killed him with 16 minutes remaining. We're a bit hesitant to share the full strategy right now in a writeup in case SE hits it with the nerf bat in September (seeing as the current enraged AI is pretty much a direct counter to the old strategy), but it's a far more difficult strategy to execute than before. If they don't change Meso to 100% drop rate, and/or if the 25% DT isn't on the current version (we can likely check this with Meteor later), the majority of groups are going to be walled out.

We will definitely make the full strategy public after verifying it still works after the September update, if not much sooner. We just really don't want SE to nerf this one too, because this strategy is already really stupid and any subsequent ones would likely be even worse/more exclusive.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-02 23:46:17
Link | Citer | R

I'd argue that if your group took nearly an hour to kill it, most groups are already walled out. Kind of insane.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29