Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-04-12 13:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
(we aren’t on aminon yet)

Would recommend you guys do aminon if you have the jobs. Aminon feels much easier than H-F on melee hardmode. If every time you have an aminon KI you go and kill him and two other basement bosses, thats already 50k, a +1 case and a chance at meso.

If you haven't attempted it yet I think you will surprised at how easy he is.

Interesting perspective, might float this to our group.
By Dodik 2024-04-12 14:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Drgs saying they get TP "so fast" just means they have never played Sam.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-12 15:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

2 hit WSs. 2 HITS. 2!

We felt the breeze on that one SAM. It wiffed so hard. Just think about how much dps you just lost because you missed making that SC. They made Mumei that much better than Fudo but all that you really wanted was a 2nd hit.
[+]
By Taint 2024-04-12 15:43:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

2 hit WSs. 2 HITS. 2!

We felt the breeze on that one SAM. It wiffed so hard. Just think about how much dps you just lost because you missed making that SC. They made Mumei that much better than Fudo but all that you really wanted was a 2nd hit.

That's why they put DA on GKT. :p
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-12 18:14:08
Link | Citer | R

but all that you really wanted was a 2nd hit.

I wish Jinpu was a one hit too. Last thing Sam needs is a two-hit WS. Or DA.
By Yurks 2024-04-12 20:17:19
Link | Citer | R

Atrox78 said: »
Godfry said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
Every dancer main should strive to get both. One is never enough anymore!

Real dancers use Hydrascale bags...
God why can't I upvote this more than once. Why can't BRDs FLY? And wtf happened to GEO?

Asura.Melliny said: »
Let’s be honest here. None of the extra hits on the prime wesponskills really matter. The only hit you care about with any of these weaponskills is the first. If the first hit is doing 60 or 70k and the extra hits add 2 or 3k each how important are they really? They would need the tp bonus to transfer to every hit to be relevant, and at that point they’d be beyond broken. Sure they add a small amount of extra damage, but it’s so fractional it’s not affecting much.

You mean like if your wyvern gave you 10% extra to all ws hits, ws bonus gave you another +21% to all hits, and you get 20%atk/20%def/15DA/job haste without cooldowns so long as your chicken dinner is still flapping?

Not to mention you get tp so fast breaking 2k per ws is child's play? Yea, that second hit isn't as good as the first but it's more
then 2-3k. If I hit a ws under 75 k, it was against a v20 or higher gaol NM or, I'm way underbuffed.

They just haven't played with your prime DRG yet. (Spoiler, it's filthy mcnasty)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-13 05:25:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
I have a decent dnc just lacks a prime, would aminon still be doable?

100% possible to do an aminon melee run without prime dagger. Rudra+Shark Bite on a Twashtar will still get you between 7 and 9 NMs depending on your group's contribution and skill. The "gandring is a necessity" thing is hyperbole. It makes it easier especially if you have slackers to make up for but you do not need Ruthless Stroke to win.

What must be remembered here, and this isn't meant to be derisive: 9NM aminon melee runs are something that only the elite few will achieve. Mpu Gandring isn't the skeleton key that allows your group to be able to do it, you need your entire group to know their roles and how to bleed the stone for as much performance from their jobs as they can get, with some amount of leeway. You can afford to use a "suboptimal" weapon on DNC and lose a bit of your top end as long as your team is doing their job. If everyone in your party is pushing sub-2million damage and putting the entire weight on the DNC to make up the difference it doesnt really matter what dagger youre using. 7 or 8NM runs are more realistic for the majority of people. Less stress and less requirement for people to push themselves for an event that wants you to run it as often as Sortie.

Yurks said: »
They just haven't played with your prime DRG yet. (Spoiler, it's filthy mcnasty)

Can confirm, the thing is incredible. It really eclipses any other polearm by a huge degree.
By Dodik 2024-04-13 06:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
100% possible to do an aminon melee run without prime dagger

Our dnc does not have prime, so yes it is possible. Just slower.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-04-13 07:43:36
Link | Citer | R

In all seriousness the polearm is very tempting esp for people who really enjoy DRG. What are polearm owners doing for A/E? Just shining one/impulse I imagine.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Serveur: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-04-13 09:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
I have a decent dnc just lacks a prime, would aminon still be doable?

100% possible to do an aminon melee run without prime dagger. Rudra+Shark Bite on a Twashtar will still get you between 7 and 9 NMs depending on your group's contribution and skill. The "gandring is a necessity" thing is hyperbole. It makes it easier especially if you have slackers to make up for but you do not need Ruthless Stroke to win.

What must be remembered here, and this isn't meant to be derisive: 9NM aminon melee runs are something that only the elite few will achieve. Mpu Gandring isn't the skeleton key that allows your group to be able to do it, you need your entire group to know their roles and how to bleed the stone for as much performance from their jobs as they can get, with some amount of leeway. You can afford to use a "suboptimal" weapon on DNC and lose a bit of your top end as long as your team is doing their job. If everyone in your party is pushing sub-2million damage and putting the entire weight on the DNC to make up the difference it doesnt really matter what dagger youre using. 7 or 8NM runs are more realistic for the majority of people. Less stress and less requirement for people to push themselves for an event that wants you to run it as often as Sortie.

We're currently hammering out 8 bosses with about 8 to 10 mins left after the F boss for WKR and the like getting all the nms along the way most runs, so I am not overly concerned about my groups quality. But aminon alone would be a net loss even if we snag a +1 case, so we didn't wanna look at aminon until we were pretty sure it would be aminon and 2+ basement bosses. goal is to work towards 9 bosses but even aminon + 5~6 would be a nice change to the same jobs each day running the same route.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-13 09:55:31
Link | Citer | R

What's the average kill time for a melee-style Aminon hard kill?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-13 10:01:06
Link | Citer | R

There's a soft time limit of "before soul voice songs wear off". You can still recover if they drop but that'll drag the fight into 20+ minute territory and it becomes more dangerous. So typically I'd say between 9 and 12 minutes should be the average.

If you're already able to do 8nm runs with 10mins left over with an Aminon capable setup then you're ready to try aminon. You may lose F at the end at the start but Aminon+7NM is still better than a normal 8NM run.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-04-13 10:18:31
Link | Citer | R

In all seriousness the polearm is very tempting esp for people who really enjoy DRG. What are polearm owners doing for A/E? Just shining one/impulse I imagine.

That or Camlann's also works.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Serveur: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-04-13 10:38:18
Link | Citer | R

There's a soft time limit of "before soul voice songs wear off". You can still recover if they drop but that'll drag the fight into 20+ minute territory and it becomes more dangerous. So typically I'd say between 9 and 12 minutes should be the average.

If you're already able to do 8nm runs with 10mins left over with an Aminon capable setup then you're ready to try aminon. You may lose F at the end at the start but Aminon+7NM is still better than a normal 8NM run.

waiting like a week to finish up some primes than Yeah I wanna give it a try. I expect we'll prolly burn a run or 2 getting used to the new jobs/nm but I have faith in my group
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2024-04-13 11:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
What's the average kill time for a melee-style Aminon hard kill?
Not sure what average is but logs shows 7.5min kill last night, no WC reset.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-13 12:09:12
Link | Citer | R

but all that you really wanted was a 2nd hit.

I wish Jinpu was a one hit too. Last thing Sam needs is a two-hit WS. Or DA.

Ehh Jinpu is a hybrid and those work very differently, lets say just multiple hits is really really good on them. The two hit physical attack has an fTP of 1.0, no scaling. The magic component use's the total physical damage as it's base magic damage, then multiplied by fTP, adds magic damage, multiplies by MAB, Weather, etc. Adds both together and multiplies the total by WSD. A four hit jinpu will deal almost twice as much damage as a two hit jinpu because it doubles the base magic damage.
By Dodik 2024-04-13 14:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Some Aminon runs will not be as fast, depending on total dmg output and how brave the group is due to TP feed. 20-30min with SV songs wearing off is about right.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2024-04-13 15:41:27
Link | Citer | R

2 hit WSs. 2 HITS. 2!

One hit, Two Hit, GKT weapon skills, either way, you're missing damage on a two handed weapon WS if you're relying on it damage, or you break a SC (which will also miss damage) if you're using a mage strat, because you're missing out on an extended burst window.

You're all missing the REAL problem. Two handed weapons are at an innate disadvantage against one handed weapons (like dagger, sword, etc.). How many times have you missed a whole savage blade? Expiacion? Ruinator? Ruinator is ***damage, but it's a good for a mage strat against B/F bosses (skillchain extending in a mage sortie run).

One handed weapons have a 99% accuracy cap, two handed weapons have a 95% accuracy cap. How many times have you missed a Fudo? Or a Mumei? A lot more times. Prime Great sword has the same issue, one hit weaponskill on a two handed weapon. Sure, on WAR you get lots of double attack, but DA procs don't do a lot of damage on a prime WS, because only the first hit does the full damage.

SE in their infinite wisdom split the accuracy caps between one handed, and two handed weapons. The first hit of Savage blade has a 99% chance to hit (if you're accuracy capped), and so does the second (and any other multi attack hits). Any great katana WSs have a 95% chance of hitting if you're hit capped, and that seems to happen a LOT more than that 4% difference between 95% and 99%. If you're NOT hit capped, forget it. Two handed weapons DO get a little extra attack and accuracy from STR/DEX respectively, but it doesn't make a huge difference and doesn't solve the problem. When I do sortie on RUN, I run the helheim prime greatsword on all 8 bosses, so I can swap between dimiation for light extending, and Fimbulvetr for gravitation to darkness extending (again, mage strat, haven't been in a melee run before). As RUN, I have to be able to hit that one hit Fimbulvetr to extend SCs, so I have a WS accuracy set that discards nyame/WSD, and goes whole hog on accuracy (Empyrean +3 armor for example). RUN lacks accuracy that, say, WAR would get (aggressor, etc.). And the WS accuracy would still fall far behind, say a 4 hit WS one handed weaponskill such as ruinator (99% chance when capped, repeated 4 times) vs 1 hit with a potential accuracy cap of 95%.

SE, please fix the accuracy cap for two handed weapons, make it 99%. I'm getting tired of whiffing two handed WSs when accuracy capped (dynamis D for example, easy to cap accuracy, still gonna whiff more than you'd like with a two handed weapon).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-13 15:47:48
Link | Citer | R

DPS meta is filled with 2h weapons leading the way, “increase their gap plz”.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2024-04-13 15:55:33
Link | Citer | R

I'd take a 95% hit cap on my WS if it meant I could play other jobs in content.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-13 16:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Yeah ... if 1/20 WS's is causing issues with people fighting, there problem isn't in the weapon skill...
[+]
By Nariont 2024-04-13 16:47:54
Link | Citer | R

I'd instead like some grip diversity, but that's been a 2 hander complaint I've had for ages, sucks being stuck to utu, and then maybe rigorous R15/Ambu strap for DD jobs
[+]
By Atrox78 2024-04-14 05:34:24
Link | Citer | R

If you have a drk with prime scythe, Origin > Diarmud > Camlans > Origin > Camlans wrecks A and E ( Grav > Frag > Light > Light). There is a 4 step light with upheaval as well ( upheaval > Diarmud > Camlans > Upheaval i think). Sam and drg can do endless skillchain with mumei > Diarmud but wyvern might do water breat which equals death lol I just caldbolg drk if a sam is the other DD.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-04-14 06:50:38
Link | Citer | R

I thought water breath didn’t trigger A/E’s rage mode?
[+]
By Taint 2024-04-14 06:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Water breath doesn’t trigger rage on A or E.
By Atrox78 2024-04-14 12:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Water breath doesn’t trigger rage on A or E.
Thought so too but died to it one time and only water d.g did was wyvern breath in the chat log. Maybe there was something missed somthing. Hopefully, that e dless was silly
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-14 13:03:05
Link | Citer | R

The really weird thing is that Hydro breath doesn't get absorbed.
Code
[20:56:53]Lumiere uses Hydro Breath.The Ghatjot takes 1168 points of damage.

[21:00:53]Lumiere uses Hydro Breath.The Ghatjot takes 656 points of damage.
[21:00:53]Lumiere defeats the Ghatjot.
Wyvern breath killshot. lol.

Considering that the breath isn't even being absorbed(Again, weird as hell.) I think there's pretty much zero chance that could be causing rage/wtf dmg WS. Looking at my logs, I have about 15 A kills on DRG in my logs, and 174 Hydro breaths. Never got blown up.

I only went DRG to sortie back when I was soloing runs, and that was prebasement. So I don't have any DRG vs Dhartok data. But I'd be very surprised if it was any different.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 67 68 69