Siren.Kruel
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-16 09:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Hey all.

Trying to find out 2 things:

1. Do dyna d wave 3 bosses regen hp on a wipe? I'm having a hard time remembering.

2. If they do regen, do repeated uses of Purulent Ooze count as an extra 2 mil dmg towards masks every time if they regen back to 100%?

Can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-16 11:51:44
Link | Citer | R

I can't remember if they regen, but I know if they get healed by say COR doing Wild Card or WHM popping Benediction, you have to bring the W3 boss back down to whatever % it was at to start getting credit again. ie: Getting it to 80% and it gets healed to 100%, you get no credit again until bringing it below 80.

Which honestly felt like the hardest part was co-ordinating people to drag those 2 jobs away from the boss to kill it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Certainly
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lutia
By Bahamut.Certainly 2023-03-16 12:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Benediction heals 99.999HP, who cares? Also, dragging the COR away seems like totally wasted effort. The hate table copies to the adds - and if the tank is good, there's no way you'll pull it off him/her.

Just let the COR stand there and shoot, not like it is any threat anyway. Wipe the floor with the white mage, a beastmaster is much more dangerous than that thing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-03-16 13:01:00
Link | Citer | R

FWIW we bind the boss and pull the COR away from the boss, kill it, and go back to killing the boss. We usually have extra time at the end of the runs it only takes us a minute or so, and it gets us a few more RP and ~10 more swarts/old id cards for very little effort.

But based on how the bene/WC works, I'd guess the ooze has very little chance of working more than once.

As to the boss's HP, they do regen if they don't have a dot on them while idle.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-16 13:04:43
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I was using those 2 as examples that if they heal the boss you have to bring the boss back to what it was at to continue getting credit.

None of it is really scary anymore and Wave 3 is just an Aeolian spam anyway at this point
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-16 13:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
you have to bring the W3 boss back down to whatever % it was at to start getting credit again. ie: Getting it to 80% and it gets healed to 100%, you get no credit again until bringing it below 80.
It's probably safe to assume then that the same will apply to hp regenned after a wipe.

Thanks for your response.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-16 13:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Certainly said: »
Benediction heals 99.999HP, who cares? Also, dragging the COR away seems like totally wasted effort. The hate table copies to the adds - and if the tank is good, there's no way you'll pull it off him/her.

Just let the COR stand there and shoot, not like it is any threat anyway. Wipe the floor with the white mage, a beastmaster is much more dangerous than that thing.
Any reason why you can't just bind the cor and pull the main nm away?

Could just tp build on main nm then quickly kill the cor while it's bound with a few weaponskills b4 it goes chasing after the tank.
By Foxfire 2023-03-16 13:27:16
Link | Citer | R

It'd become unbound the moment you hit it and I doubt it'll go down in one barrage of WS. Easier to guarantee the main boss doesn't move and pull the add away so that it can be positioned to a safe distance.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
Serveur: Asura
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-03-16 13:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Besides group struggling with damage nowadays 99999, is what, 2 ws from a geared buffed dd? I have very undergeared DDs and I still get those 20k WS in there, meaning the cor just healed the boss for like 4.5ws? It's more a hassle to bind things and move them than just kill them unless you're intensely undergeared as the whole alliance...
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-16 13:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kruel said: »

Could just tp build on main nm then quickly kill the cor while it's bound with a few weaponskills b4 it goes chasing after the tank.

You can, my group hits the COR with Bind and Gravity and the tank runs away with the rest of it. Blow up the COR, run the rest of the mobs back. Works well as long as someone doesn't jump on the COR early. I'd say either binding the COR or binding the NM works just fine.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-16 13:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neviskio said: »
Besides group struggling with damage nowadays 99999, is what, 2 ws from a geared buffed dd? I have very undergeared DDs and I still get those 20k WS in there, meaning the cor just healed the boss for like 4.5ws? It's more a hassle to bind things and move them than just kill them unless you're intensely undergeared as the whole alliance...

WHM heals for 99k, COR can heal the boss for up to 10Mil + health depending on what he rolls.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-16 14:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, shoulda said gravity along with the bind, just thought people woulda assumed that's what I meant, my bad.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-03-16 15:05:24
Link | Citer | R

My group has the CORs hold TP when the boss is about to pop adds. If the WHM or COR add is popped, they shot it, pull it away, and take it down in a few secs, all this while the main group take care of the other adds and return to the boss.
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-03-16 15:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neviskio said: »

Unlike the WHM, the COR is not limited to healing the boss for 99,999. It can potentially heal the boss all the way to full and typically does 10-30% (2-6 million HP).
By Meeble 2023-03-16 17:27:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kruel said: »

You can also gravy the COR and take the boss + other adds for a short walk while a DD or two deletes the COR. To-may-to/To-mah-to, but sometimes it's easier than making everyone get off the boss so bind can land.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2023-03-16 20:43:09
Link | Citer | R

The boss is really easy to bind and then pull the cor away and 100K damage is 1 ws from a sam/cor/rng
By macsdf1 2023-03-17 11:59:36
Link | Citer | R

you can fully clear the entire zone these days wave 1 to 3 including final boss. 99k is one ws from a geared sam or cor, if you brought a geo.
but we pull cor away, why risk wasting time letting it heal.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2023-03-18 10:34:52
Link | Citer | R

We kill it for the extra swartz as we generally end up with extra time and we all like swartz lol
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2023-03-18 10:34:54
Link | Citer | R

We kill it for the extra swartz as we generally end up with extra time and we all like swartz lol
By macsdf1 2023-03-18 13:40:38
Link | Citer | R

well yeah, we kill it too, just not near the boss where it can heal.
I don't go dynamis much anymore but LS still runs it bi-weekly. Peeps complain when I go and aoe everything on my BLU tho haha. Dunno why tho, when last time I went we fully cleared wave 1-3 and boss in bastok, and almost got to boss in windy with just 2 groups and 2 dd + me on blue. Blu aoe is the way.