Forum » FFXI » General » windows 11 issues
windows 11 issues
By Gasho 2023-03-08 12:41:44
Link | Citer | R

hello everyone,

just got a new laptop, downloaded the game from the official website,
windower disapears a lot, crashes when i open task manger using ctrl alt dlt
when i open anything using run as admin, so i tried to download dgvoodoo,

I tried every trick i know and read online but dgvoodoo wont work, and the logo wont show up, do i have to downgrade windows for it to work?

works fine on my desktop

thanks
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-08 13:07:24
Link | Citer | R

I never liked dgvoodoo personally, I ended up using this instead. Basically just drag and drop the d3d8.dll into your PoL folder and launch the game, that's it. No configuring or additional setup required.
[+]
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Serveur: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-03-08 13:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Tried running in Compatability mode?
[+]
 Asura.Itsasaga
Serveur: Asura
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Itsasaga 2023-03-08 13:16:17
Link | Citer | R

I dont know if you have a nvidia laptop, but the latest (531.18 iirc) drivers may cause crashes, bsod, etc.

While most wont have any troubles, nvidia is supposed to release on March 7th a new version that shouls fix that up.

If you'r issue isnt with nvidia, please disregard my comment.

Edit: DGvoodoo works fine on my W11 desktop.
[+]
By mohgeroth 2023-03-08 13:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Anytime you run something that asks for administrative privileges it freezes up the screen while it waits for your response and this will always crash the game. The only way I was able to combat this was to bring UAC (User Access Control) settings in windows down one level so that the prompt doesn’t lock up everything else while waiting for your response.

There may be a better more secure way but before I did this anything that asked for admin crashed the game 100% of the time.

To clarify this you should just have to set it to the option right below the default that mentions do not dim my desktop. I do not recommend turning this feature off completely, but turning it down makes the crashes stop.
[+]
By Mesias 2023-03-08 14:09:42
Link | Citer | R

to not crash windower when trying to acces task manager, instead of doing ctrl+alt+del, go down to your taskbar, right click it and select task manager, that will open it w/o crashing windower
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-08 14:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Mesias said: »
to not crash windower when trying to acces task manager, instead of doing ctrl+alt+del, go down to your taskbar, right click it and select task manager, that will open it w/o crashing windower

Can also hit ctrl+***+esc to open task manager instead of opening the ctrl+alt+del window.
[+]
By Gasho 2023-03-09 02:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
I never liked dgvoodoo personally, I ended up using this instead. Basically just drag and drop the d3d8.dll into your PoL folder and launch the game, that's it. No configuring or additional setup required.

did not work :(
By Gasho 2023-03-09 02:27:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »

yes, legacy mode too

still not working
By Gasho 2023-03-09 02:36:41
Link | Citer | R

mohgeroth said: »
Anytime you run something that asks for administrative privileges it freezes up the screen while it waits for your response and this will always crash the game. The only way I was able to combat this was to bring UAC (User Access Control) settings in windows down one level so that the prompt doesn’t lock up everything else while waiting for your response.

There may be a better more secure way but before I did this anything that asked for admin crashed the game 100% of the time.

To clarify this you should just have to set it to the option right below the default that mentions do not dim my desktop. I do not recommend turning this feature off completely, but turning it down makes the crashes stop.

I will try it, thanks for the help
By Gasho 2023-03-09 02:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Mesias said: »

my point was whenever the screen blinks or i opened anything required admin access, windower crashes or disapear

thank you^^
By Gasho 2023-03-09 02:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Itsasaga said: »
I dont know if you have a nvidia laptop, but the latest (531.18 iirc) drivers may cause crashes, bsod, etc.

While most wont have any troubles, nvidia is supposed to release on March 7th a new version that shouls fix that up.

If you'r issue isnt with nvidia, please disregard my comment.

Edit: DGvoodoo works fine on my W11 desktop.

hey, i tried changing the driver, still not working :(
By Gasho 2023-03-09 02:52:25
Link | Citer | R

im thinking of putting 100m for who can fix this for me on Asura server :) i hope this is not illegal lol

i bought 2 laptops lol for me and my friend and now we can't play
-.-
By Gasho 2023-03-09 03:22:36
Link | Citer | R

fixed it :D yaaaay

you have to make sure that your system is using the right GPU

check this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bs-qdVGUI&ab_channel=RaqibZaman

and then make sure again that dgvoodoo is on the right gpu too
thanks everyone for the help
 Shiva.Devastation
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2023-03-09 04:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

This is what I did for my laptop. It was really that simple.
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
Serveur: Asura
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2023-03-09 05:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Uninstall two things; Windows 11 and dgvoodo. Then i bet everrthing will work as it should!
By Dodik 2023-03-09 07:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Gasho said: »
im thinking of putting 100m for who can fix this for me on Asura server

Didn't need to add the "Asura server" bit there, buddy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-03-09 18:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
this is useless for like 99.9% of things
[+]