Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-02-28 22:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Archon ring loses to epa for leaden?
By Izanami 2023-02-28 23:53:09
Link | Citer | R

We made it to page 2, but it seems that FFXIAH still wants to load all of the gearsets from page 1 since I'm still seeing a lot of api calls on this page. I don't understand why it needs to load those sets on a new page, but it seems that there is no hope outside of creating a BG Wiki guide now...

I've uploaded an updated code to the Github.

Izanami said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
I'm assuming ranger jishnu mid has one as well. Jishnu high has begrudging and regal rings, but jishnu mid has dingir and regal. I assume that dingir should also be a begrudging ring? The icons are the same so it's easy to overlook.

I assume this is probably the case, but it could be correct for the "Ranged Attack +25" in the mid-buff set and AGI+10 affecting Ranged Crit Rate. I can't check this for a few hours, though.

This was a typo. I find Begrudging Ring in that slot when I rerun the sets.

On an unrelated note:
It turns out that all of the H2H sets are currently broken. I previously adjusted how H2H WSs were handled in the code by giving them an "off-hand" attack so I could properly handle TP generation. Unfortunately I had forgotten to give that off-hand attack any attack or accuracy. I've fixed this on my laptop pretty easily, but I'd like to confirm that was the only issue before I push the update to GitHub. For now, the MNK section is just hidden in a spoiler. I'll update these sets later.

I've fixed the issue with hand-to-hand damage. The issue was entirely with the "off-hand" attack not doing anything since I gave it no weapon damage, no attack, no accuracy, etc. I've rerun and updated all of the MNK sets. Because the issue was with the off-hand attack, there were very few changes to the gear sets, and all of them were minor.

shabbok said: »
1, Offhand weapons seem to be missing choices. For example, I would like to see what offhanding a Twashtar looks like in the formula. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

2. Can you add Charis Feather to the DNC gearsets? It's absolutely still used on crit WSs.

1. I've added 1-handed Empyrean weapons to the off-hand slot list.
2. I forgot this item existed. I've added it to the gear.py file. I'll rerun DNC Climactic Flourish sets later.

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Archon ring loses to epa for leaden?

Yes (from melee range only), but it's so close with that set that it doesn't matter (54778 vs 54752; a difference of 0.04%). I've updated the set to show Archon Ring instead of Epaminondas's Ring. If you are out of Orpheus range, then Archon should win.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-03-01 02:06:01
Link | Citer | R

Remember that as offhand they will miss augmented stats, so only 50dex and 124dmg for twashtar for example.

Yes (from melee range only), but it's so close with that set that it doesn't matter (54778 vs 54752; a difference of 0.04%). I've updated the set to show Archon Ring instead of Epaminondas's Ring. If you are out of Orpheus range, then Archon should win.

That should make archon technically win for dps, because you have higher TP return with it, so your next Leaden will be stronger (assuming you do more than 1 Leaden and you doesn't hold for 3000TP anyway for some reason)

I've fixed the issue with hand-to-hand damage. The issue was entirely with the "off-hand" attack not doing anything since I gave it no weapon damage, no attack, no accuracy, etc. I've rerun and updated all of the MNK sets. Because the issue was with the off-hand attack, there were very few changes to the gear sets, and all of them were minor.

You probably know this, but just making sure, "offhand" hit for h2h is still capped at 99% hit rate, dual wielding offhand is capped at 95%, while main hand at 99% and 2h are capped at 95%.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-03-01 07:07:07
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Remember that as offhand they will miss augmented stats, so only 50dex and 124dmg for twashtar for example.
I did not remember this. I have fixed it, though.

You probably know this, but just making sure, "offhand" hit for h2h is still capped at 99% hit rate, dual wielding offhand is capped at 95%, while main hand at 99% and 2h are capped at 95%.
I did know this, but I've double-checked and found that it was not included since I assumed I had already added this back when I accidentally broke H2H attacks. Either way, it has been corrected now.

That should make archon technically win for dps
Unfortunately, the code does not simulate DPS right now. It can handle damage during TP phase and damage from WS, but it is not able to combine these and automatically find two sets at once which provide the highest DPS together.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-03-01 11:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it's mentioned here, but I'm not seeing an option for Crepuscular Knife for BRD in the program.

I haven't checked other jobs, but noticed it was missing there when trying to run the optimizer.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-03-01 11:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Siyual said: »
Not sure if it's mentioned here, but I'm not seeing an option for Crepuscular Knife for BRD in the program.

I haven't checked other jobs, but noticed it was missing there when trying to run the optimizer.

Looks like I never added BRD, BST, or RNG to the jobs list for Crepuscular Knife (see the end of line 35 of gear.py). I'll fix this later today.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-01 11:43:18
Link | Citer | R

FYI shows Tempus Fugit +1 having 5 STP when it has 0
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-01 14:22:49
Link | Citer | R

for PUP, you should lock in the animators. ammos don't get swapped on PUP like they can be for BRD.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-03-01 16:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the note. I have almost zero experience with PUP. My mistake was thinking "SE wouldn't add PUP to so many decent ammo items if PUP couldn't swap to them."

I've updated the PUP sets with the animator locked. These sets mostly only changed because I fixed the H2H problems yesterday.

I've also added RNG, BRD, and BST to Crepuscular Knife and removed the "Store TP +5" from Tempus Fugit +1

Edit: ... and fixed the jobs on Samnuha Tights, which only had NIN on them from back when this code only supported Ninja.
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-01 17:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Kind of minor, and only 2 jobs effected as far as I've been able to tell so far, but for w/e reason on BST any TP cape it's generated so far recommend CHR as the primary attribute and DRG recommends AGI. I imagine like most other jobs this should either be STR or DEX depending on what you're looking for out of a melee TP cape, but so far regardless of what weapon I put in the mainhand of either of those jobs their TP cape recommend CHR and AGI.
By Izanami 2023-03-01 17:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Kind of minor, and only 2 jobs effected as far as I've been able to tell so far, but for w/e reason on BST any TP cape it's generated so far recommend CHR as the primary attribute and DRG recommends AGI. I imagine like most other jobs this should either be STR or DEX depending on what you're looking for out of a melee TP cape, but so far regardless of what weapon I put in the mainhand of either of those jobs their TP cape recommend CHR and AGI.

This is because the code does not yet support "damage" for melee TP sets and because the code tests items in alphabetical order.

After the code caps hit rate, none of the other stats (AGI, CHR, INT, MND, STR, and VIT) affect how quickly you gain TP, so the code equips the first cape it finds alphabetically that has the best secondary stat (STP, DW, DA, etc).

In the case of BST, there is no AGI substat being considered so it finds and settles on CHR. It will not equip the DEX+STP cape because it's the exact same result as the CHR+STP cape right now with capped hit rate from the other slots.

Technically the code does support both damage and DPS for melee TP sets, but I have not yet added "DA DMG" or "TA DMG" stats to the calculation so I have it return and minimize time_to_ws instead. After I enable this feature, you're likely going to see many DEX capes for melee crit rate, or STR capes for more attack.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-03-01 18:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the note. I have almost zero experience with PUP. My mistake was thinking "SE wouldn't add PUP to so many decent ammo items if PUP couldn't swap to them."

I've updated the PUP sets with the animator locked. These sets mostly only changed because I fixed the H2H problems yesterday.

I've also added RNG, BRD, and BST to Crepuscular Knife and removed the "Store TP +5" from Tempus Fugit +1

Edit: ... and fixed the jobs on Samnuha Tights, which only had NIN on them from back when this code only supported Ninja.

Is the Weaponskill CHR+3% on Crep Knife reflected in the scripts? I'm honestly surprised that I'm not seeing it listed for offhand on Mordant Rime. Or is it really not that good?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-01 18:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Is the Weaponskill CHR+3% on Crep Knife reflected in the scripts? I'm honestly surprised that I'm not seeing it listed for offhand on Mordant Rime. Or is it really not that good?

It was updated an hour or so ago to fix BRD not being on Crep Knife. If you're not using the most recent version then it won't put Crep knife on any BRD set. I just ran a sim with all the new files and it has Crep knife for Mordant Rime.
By Izanami 2023-03-01 18:37:15
Link | Citer | R

The "Weapon Skill CHR+3%" is included in the main code so you won't see it on the weapon stats page. The same bit of code handles Utu Grip as well.

I just added BRD to Crepuscular Knife earlier today, but I haven't rerun those sets to reflect any changes that might be seen. I'll update BRD sets now, but I imagine there will be no significant changes other than the new dagger.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-03-01 20:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Is Shining One over Trishula in both stardiver sets accurate? That feels wrong.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-03-01 20:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Is Shining One over Trishula in both stardiver sets accurate? That feels wrong.

I believe so, but it may be worth checking with an up-to-date DRG spreadsheet since I do not play DRG at all. At the very least, crits are worth a lot more than the +10% damage that Trishula provides when you're far below attack cap.

Trishula only uniquely provides +10% damage (and skillchain bonus and access to Umbra, which are very important if you aren't just spamming WSs). Shining One allows the WS to crit, which provides access to a whole new stat to enhance damage.

I think it's worth adding DRG Stardiver sets that ignore Shining One, since both situations are worth considering. I'll add the Trishula Stardiver sets in an hour or so.

Edit: I should also mention that the moment Stardiver became a crit WS (by equipping Shining One), the code may get almost "stuck" in building it as a crit WS. Since the code only swaps two items at a time, it becomes difficult to enhance damage away from a crit build if it's already somewhat built.

Edit2: I've added Trishula Stardiver to the main page. From what I can tell, my first edit was correct. The Trishula sets win (by a lot with high buffs, see below), but the original sets were stuck in a crit build. Trishula winning at high buffs should be expected since crits are not worth quite as much when you approach attack cap.

Edit3:
In the scenario I tested for all of the sets in this thread, in terms of Stardiver numbers:

• The high-buff Trishula set is ~17% better than the high-buff Shining One set.

• The mid-buff Trishula set is ~1% better* than the mid-buff Shining One set.

As buffs decrease, crits are worth more and Shining one pulls ahead.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-01 21:29:57
Link | Citer | R

What's with Cacoethic ring in some of the evisc sets, like thf for example, Shouldn't that ring always lose to Ilabrat (maybe some others) unless you are in a situation you aren't capped hit rate?
By Izanami 2023-03-01 21:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bynebill said: »
What's with Cacoethic ring in some of the evisc sets, like thf for example, Shouldn't that ring always lose to Ilabrat (maybe some others) unless you are in a situation you aren't capped hit rate?

Looks like another situation where Cacoethic Ring +1 and Ilabrat produce the exact same damage on paper (when attack capped), so the code goes with the alphabetically first option.

The THF sets need to be updated to include Twashtar off-hand still anyway.

Edit: I've confirmed this to be the case in the high-buff COR Evisceration set; both rings result in 24287 average damage. I'll try to update each of the sets that are affected so that they show Ilabrat > Cacoethic.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-03-01 21:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for checking the Trish/SO scenarios, that makes more sense.

Appreciate what you’re doing here, Izanami. Can’t imagine how much there is to keep track of - kudos!
[+]
By mlz333 2023-03-02 09:39:02
Link | Citer | R

I think the program isnt seeing the Haste +2% on the gleti's knife, at least not the R0
[+]
By Izanami 2023-03-02 10:25:24
Link | Citer | R

mlz333 said: »
I think the program isnt seeing the Haste +2% on the gleti's knife, at least not the R0

Thanks for catching that. I've just added the +2% Gear Haste to Gleti's Knife R0, R15, R20, R25, and R30.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xax
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Xax 2023-03-02 12:36:37
Link | Citer | R

amazing work! one thought would be for things like Cacoethic Ring +1 and Ilabrat, is if there was a way to have it post a list of the items that = the same damage so the user would be able to pick whichever is easier for them to attain. or at least they know i.e. these 3 items are the same etc. i love the amoung of work youve put into this with all the feedback!
[+]
 Asura.Cassiani
user: CodCart
By Asura.Cassiani 2023-03-02 12:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Are there plans to add some of the good-but-not-optimal gear for players that don't have everything to plan gearsets for? Things like reforged JSE +1/+2, NQ Sortie earrings, etc?

Short of that, any plans on writing a quick guide for users on how to enter in new equipment manually, so if they want to test some niche piece they're able to do so?

(I suppose ideally there'd be a way to add new equipment in the tool itself, but that may be out of scope so I figure just a quick "add lines here, here, and here" guide would be a fine workaround)
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-03-02 13:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cassiani said: »
Are there plans to add some of the good-but-not-optimal gear for players that don't have everything to plan gearsets for? Things like reforged JSE +1/+2, NQ Sortie earrings, etc?

Short of that, any plans on writing a quick guide for users on how to enter in new equipment manually, so if they want to test some niche piece they're able to do so?

(I suppose ideally there'd be a way to add new equipment in the tool itself, but that may be out of scope so I figure just a quick "add lines here, here, and here" guide would be a fine workaround)
seems to me that would be more on the individual to download the app and tweak with what they have
 Quetzalcoatl.Dukie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dukie585
By Quetzalcoatl.Dukie 2023-03-02 15:42:11
Link | Citer | R

This is great, I stayed up way too late last night playing around with it.

Thank you for all the effort in creating this and continued effort to keep updating and improving it.

I haven't dug too far into it, but preliminary notes, questions, request, etc....

1. Rostam path A is using +25STP even when in offhand.

2. Would it be possible to break the "DT requirement" into PDT and MDT? I see the simulations are calculating them separately.

3. How do you add gear to the "gear.py" file? I manually added a Loricate torque +1 just to play around with adding gear, and it's not showing up. Code I entered below, and I also added the "Loricate_Torque" to the "neck =" list. Saved the file and relaunched the app and still not showing up as an option.
Code
Loricate_Torque = {"Name":"Loricate Torque +1","Name2":"Loricate Torque +1 R15","DT":-6,"Jobs":all_jobs}

4. Would love something like an export button that copies the set into a lua file similar to export with gearswap.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-02 16:27:43
Link | Citer | R

if you're using the executable, there is a good chance you'd have to recompile the program. it's likely compiled with the gear file included, so any changes to that won't be recognized.
By Dukie585 2023-03-02 16:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
if you're using the executable, there is a good chance you'd have to recompile the program. it's likely compiled with the gear file included, so any changes to that won't be recognized.

I am using the executable. Can you very high level explain how I can go about doing that? I assume I'll need to set up Python?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-03-02 17:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Is the sneak attack code that is making the empy hands show up done right? My understanding is that the sneak attack augment was done so horrifically bad by SE that made empy hands are/were barely above trash since Abyssea era. (It only adds directly to sneak attack damage without stacking with anything else like dex, or wsd, or crit damage would)
At the very least it seems a little weird that 11 dex is beating out around 11 wsd at the same time that roughly 10 dex is being swapped out for 5 wsd when the main variable of sneak attack+ is known to be trash.
The other alternative is that the set bonus is activating on ws during the calcs although I'm not sure that's a thing that actually works with WS. I don't think it was, but I'm not going to say with certainty until I find some testing.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-02 17:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Dukie585 said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

I am using the executable. Can you very high level explain how I can go about doing that? I assume I'll need to set up Python?
You can install python 3 and run the main file without compiling it
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14