If so, how are your experience with it?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-16 08:06:50
Link | Citer | R

I think Draylo has a steamdeck and runs FFXI on it! Try to get in touch with him!
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2023-02-16 08:23:09
Link | Citer | R

I tried it for a while last summer when I got mine. It was more or less fine. Communication was a ballache using the on-screen keyboard, but general playing of the game wasn't much different to normal.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-16 08:33:26
Link | Citer | R

I don't use it for XI but from what I've seen people are using it and it works fine.

You can buy a bluetooth keyboard to use with it, also a usb mouse, a hub and attach it to a monitor if you want. Can also buy an SD card to plugin to the bottom for £100-£150 if you want for upto 1terrabyte of extra storage.

It's a small keyboard the same size as the deck, cost £20 and no wires cause bluetooth. The mini usb connector is to charge it.

This is the card I bought to store games on, I filled up the internal storage pretty quick. It's a big picture but it's about the size of your little finger nail and plugs in the bottom of the deck.
[+]
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-02-16 11:08:08
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
It's a big picture but it's about the size of your little finger nail and plugs in the bottom of the deck.

Only on a website from 2006 about a game from 2002 do you find someone typing out a physical description of a microSD card in 2023.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2023-02-22 13:18:12
Link | Citer | R

I am told everything on PC also works on Steam Deck meaning you can have HD Mods / Windower / plus Addons like ASE or Anchor. It’s literally portable PC gaming which sounds amazing if you’re into such.
By Draylo 2023-02-22 16:42:56
Link | Citer | R

I havent tried yet but I would like to just for fun. You really need patience with the steam deck, its not user friendly as much as all the paid reviewers want to suggest. You have to be ok with tinkering and patient when ***goes wrong, which it probably will. The emulation scene was always like that, just the most random of problems come up and literally nobody there to help you or care enough to suggest anything. I had the most random issue, and kept asking everywhere and literally 0 responses on a solution. So i just reinstalled the damn thing like 5 times and it finally worked but then broke something else. Something just feels like its janky. The games can be working great and then a random dip in fps or a crash. I guess its expected but it makes me appreciate how streamlined most console experiences are these days in comparison. No need to tinker with settings or deal with random bugs/glitches, just plug and play.
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-02-22 17:46:31
Link | Citer | R

I've played on Steam Deck a bit and it runs fine, but I did run into some issues with doing client updates with mods installed and had to reinstall once or twice. If you have your configuration saved in a cloud/network location it's pretty easy to recover from what jank there is, and the experience in-game is pretty good overall.
 Fenrir.Bladen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bladen
By Fenrir.Bladen 2023-02-22 19:16:24
Link | Citer | R

I play on the Steam deck with the vanilla Steam download of the game. No mods. Occasionally it won't load and I have to delete the proton files and redo the configurations. Takes only a couple minutes but it can be annoying. Also, the battery doesn't last very long, couple hours at most.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-02-22 19:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Seizan said: »
Anyone here playing FFXI on steam deck?
If so, how are your experience with it?

Runs fine on Windows 10 with Windower and dgvoodoo. Can get vanilla to work on SteamOS but getting Windower and FFXI on SteamOS was just too much of a PITA.
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2023-02-23 06:43:21
Link | Citer | R

I don't use it for XI but from what I've seen people are using it and it works fine.

You can buy a bluetooth keyboard to use with it, also a usb mouse, a hub and attach it to a monitor if you want. Can also buy an SD card to plugin to the bottom for £100-£150 if you want for upto 1terrabyte of extra storage.

It's a small keyboard the same size as the deck, cost £20 and no wires cause bluetooth. The mini usb connector is to charge it.

It's worth noting that with that specific keyboard, you'll need a USB C dock of some description to use it, because it uses a type A receiver for the bluetooth. I have it myself and haven't been able to sync it to anything without it.

So if you're getting a BT KB/M for it, get one that can sync natively on the device itself rather than through a dongle.
By Pantafernando 2023-02-23 07:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cariko said: »
It's a big picture but it's about the size of your little finger nail and plugs in the bottom of the deck.

Only on a website from 2006 about a game from 2002 do you find someone typing out a physical description of a microSD card in 2023.

Old is gold
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Serveur: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2023-02-23 09:59:29
Link | Citer | R

I'd been meaning to for a while, but last night I followed the docs at docs.windower.net/linux and it was pretty straight-forward. Worst part was I didn't have a keyboard on-hand so used the soft keyboard and that sucked.

I didn't actually test the game because I need to figure out getting my password manager onto the thing. But I'm determined not to go the Windows route to get ffxi running - and if that means no ffxi, that's fine, I was only gonna craft and do monstrosity on the thing.

Haven't dug into linuxfix or what it does, but I did give a little side-eye to the mention of older versions of SSL in the above url, and the need to run against older versions of Lutris. Does it mean hook.dll doesn't get active updates or that it's not worth the bother?