Altana and Promathia
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-02-14 14:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
I'm pretty sure this is untrue. There were five mothercrystals, but they weren't related to specific races that only they could return to. People of the player races that die go to the nearest mothercrystal, not their "own" one.

I think you're right that a soul returns to whichever crystal is closest.

However, the races are somewhat aligned to one of the 5 crystals, as we see in CoP.

The lights we gather from the 4 Promyvion zones as well as the one earned after the Tenzen fight have descriptions referencing the five virtues and work with the corresponding race during the fight with Promathia:

Mea: Trust - Elvaan. Protects against Chains of Arrogance
Holla: Courage - Tarutaru. Protects against Chains of Cowardice
Dem: Justice - Mithra. Protects against Chains of Envy
Vahzl: Hope - Hume. Protects against Chains of Apathy
Al'Taieu: Compassion - Galka. Protects against Chains of Rage

During CoP 8-3, each race regains the light specific to their crystal by climbing their specific tower in Ru'Hmet. You lose the light of your race before arriving in Al'Taieu.

You are correct that the game never came out and said each crystal is attuned with a specific race, but given the KI descriptions/effects, mission objectives, and uniqueness of the Galka and the crystal their light originates from being split off from the rest, I think it makes sense.

Not that any of it matters if the VR side of things is the true reason why they do the reincarnation thing, though. Stupid Odin.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-14 15:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I remember when I first did CoP, this really annoyed me and made no sense. Why would Taru be Holla, why would Elvaan be be Mea.

However they have a deep history all laid out, and where the races started and ended up are two different things. The Taru did not start in Windurst they moved to that continent and setup their homelands there over many generations.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-14 18:48:17
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Quote:

I remember when I first did CoP, this really annoyed me and made no sense. Why would Taru be Holla, why would Elvaan be be Mea.

However they have a deep history all laid out, and where the races started and ended up are two different things. The Taru did not start in Windurst they moved to that continent and setup their homelands there over many generations.
It's in the Vana'diel Tribune or something, but the Tarutaru used to be led by warlords, and were driven out of Quon when the Elvaan actually united under one banner. Then the Kuluu led the Tarus to where Windurst is today.