Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-13 16:39:05
Link | Citer | R

I feel like you're just thinking of hypotheticals without thinking of the reality of it.

I'm talking about doing SV songs with MC. Under what scenario will you be replacing a SV MC song with a new one with piannismo?

Scenario: you have just finished using SV and have applied 4x15 minute long SV songs onto your DPS, and 5x15 minute long SV songs on your mages, plus the same to the tank.

Why would you ever be doing a piannismo song on anyone in this scenario? The only thing I can possibly think of is a dispel in which case it's at least 2 songs dispelled (because CC is down). You're already going to be using Daurdabla to replace them anyway, so you will be putting on a ~4 minute dummy, then you can put Hmarch back on (if it was dispelled) or whatever song was dispelled back on with Gjalla or MC. Since you just put a dummy back up, it will be the lowest duration song.

Please explain to me a scenario when you're going to be using MC to piannismo a song onto someone after they already have Hmarch and a full compliment of existing MC songs, I'm not seeing it.
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-02-13 16:45:39
Link | Citer | R

Tokimemofan said: »
Anyone know what Kupon W-MeII and Kupon W-MeIII are? BGWIKI shows nothing.

edit: apparently it’s a typo that SE can’t be bothered to fix. Those are the usual Delve kupons

Not a typo, a translation error. Delve is "Menace Inspector" in Japanese.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-13 17:44:44
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
It's extremely common do do a full round of marches/minuets and then replace the minuets with minnes on tank in C.

Assuming your current plan is:
Gjalla Minuetx3, Daur 2 march, gjalla vmarch, marsyas hmarch
gjalla minnex3, balladx3

New plan with MC (which I wouldn't use because it's less potent but w/e):
MC Minuetx3, daur 2 march
MC minnex3, balladx3
MC vMarch, marsyas hmarch

All of your characters have the songs you want, and you have cast exactly 0 extra songs and used 0 extra piannismos.

We also do a full round of marches/minutes/dirge and rep dirge on tank with sirvente in v25.

This works without any changes using MC, and more reliably. Cast Dirge last, then piannismo Sirvente on tank and it will replace his Dirge. Unless you're implying that you have Hmarch on your tank for some reason, in which case cast hmarch last. If you give me specific songs I can also solve this one without adding extra song casts.

There's countlessly other scenarios where you want to just rep 1 song on 1 player.

Where that person also needs Hmarch and you can't cast it last?

Ofc in the scenario you listed it doesn't matter id you don't mind taking much longer to get songs on.

Could you point out anywhere that extra songs have been added to any setup? You have to use your brain to figure out the correct order to cast in, but it never requires extra songs, at all.

I guess if, for some reason, you insist that you must cast Hmarch before putting on your dummy songs and also insist that it must be on your tank and healer for some reason then sure, I concede that you might be adding *1* song to your entire buffing routine by using MC.

If you're not willing or able to plan out your songs before an event or think critically about the fastest way to do your buffs, sure it's not a good instrument, but with proper planning and gameplay, it offers major advantages.

And once again, I think that MC has very little place outside of SV use. I would be very hesitant to use it in the first half of a segment farm for example and I would NEVER use it in a Gaol fight...but you absolutely cannot deny that it has a place in a good BRD layout.

Let's say you're doing your plan of Minuetx3, March March replace Minuet with Minne. What if you get slept after the Marches and can't wake up until after Nitro has worn off? Now your tank has 3 Minuets you can't remove for 6 minutes unless you cast 3 minuets in dummy gear and then 3 minnes in your true instrument AND those still only last 5 minutes, completely *** up your duration. Well, with MC you can just plop 3 Minnes on them and they will take the place of your Minuets and last until your next Nitro.

The mental gymnastics required to say MC is not useful are...quite impressive to say the least.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-13 19:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Is GM one time item swaps not a thing anymore? All these players that won rank 1 or 2 on a mule and want to xfer a rare/ex item to their main cant have a GM do it? I always was under the impression that every account has a 'one time' item recovery/swap. Was I mistaken?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-13 19:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Is GM one time item swaps not a thing anymore? All these players that won rank 1 or 2 on a mule and want to xfer a rare/ex item to their main cant have a GM do it? I always was under the impression that every account has a 'one time' item recovery/swap. Was I mistaken?

That's never been a thing. The one time recovery is that, recovering a lost item. No moving it. Just returning it to it's state.

......or previous state, as they're douchebags about it. Bringing a 119 rema back to 75 etc
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-13 19:47:46
Link | Citer | R

God forbid, its the same account that the player pays for. Seems odd that all things aren't POL sendable.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-13 20:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Then everyone would make 15 mules. And while that would be easy money, they want the weapons to retain their artificial rarity.

It works in the long run, every winner would turn off the mules and stop buying marbles and/or quit having won. Equates to money money in the long game.

Also a possibility of laws getting in the way being an obvious pay to win gamba. Not entirely sure but they've claimed issues before and probably don't want to draw any more attention.
[+]
By Jaybird376 2023-02-16 20:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Question from a newly returned player...

I've won a Rank 2 prize on my mule and am looking for recommendations on what to pick. I play solo for the most part and my main jobs are THF (JP:584), BLU (JP:166), and I'm levelling COR at the moment; none are close to master level.

• Is it worth picking up a usable item that I can't solo?

• I'm thinking something like Telos Earring or Reiki Yotai, but am curious if there are other suggestions

• Is it better to take the money and go with the dynamis currency?

• Is it better to take the highest upside and just pick the Cat's Eye in the event I ever level the mule and/or S/E decides to make that CanSendPOL?

I'm struggling with the choice and figured I'd ask. Any insight people have would be appreciated.
By Jaybird376 2023-02-16 20:50:40
Link | Citer | R

I've won a Rank 2 prize on my mule and am looking for recommendations on what to pick. I play solo for the most part and my main jobs are THF (JP:584), BLU (JP:166), and I'm levelling COR at the moment; none are close to master level.

• I'm thinking something like Telos Earring or Reiki Yotai, but am curious if there are other suggestions

• Is it better to take the highest upside and just pick the Cat's Eye in the event I ever level the mule and/or S/E decides to make that CanSendPOL?

I'm struggling with the choice and figured I'd ask. Any insight people have would be appreciated.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-16 21:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Jaybird376 said: »

-Is it worth picking up a usable item that I can't solo?
Yes/No, Depends on the impact of the item, and whether or not you'll be able to solo it in the near future. If in a couple months you're gonna regret it, that's worth considering

--I'm thinking something like Telos Earring or Reiki Yotai, but am curious if there are other suggestions
The Rarest items on the list are Omen Bodies, many of which are much weaker in the modern game w/ odyssey gear available, but still BiS for some jobs and worth considering. Some veteran players would jump at an omen body over a cat's eye/'Free Rema' item due to how rare they are to get naturally, where as the free rema is just some hard work

-Is it better to take the money and go with the dynamis currency?
I'd say the dyna currency should be your last resort, they're only 9-10m or so gil. If you want an omen body, they sell for 30-100 mil depending. If you want a pulse they sell for 5-20mil depending. Both can be sent PoL

-Is it better to take the highest upside and just pick the Cat's Eye in the event I ever level the mule and/or S/E decides to make that CanSendPOL?
SE will never change this... don't hold your breath, unfortunately. If you dont plan on playing the character, dont get the item you can't send

Specifically if you're THF, BLU, COR, omen bodies arnt crazy for them anymore. THF doesn't really need Ashera harness, COR doesnt need Nisroch unless you use Arma, and BLU's Empy+3 body heavily outclasses Shamash. If you plan on playing other jobs like BRD or RUN for Ashera, WHM GEO for Shamash, or lean more heavily into AM3 empy COR or even RNG, that might be the better bet.

Realistically if you're a FRESH character, the pulse weapon would pay more dividends than the 10m you'd get from a 10,000 piece dyna currency. But if you're lucky, you can wait patiently for a cheap shout of 5m or less on a pulse from aman trove and net some gil.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-02-16 21:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Telos is quickly becoming outdated thanks to the sortie earrings. DW capes are looking more valuable than belt (which can have augmented sailfi+1)when DW is sought after for the same reason.
I'd personally go with Cat's eye since there's not really much to level on your mule to catch up to your main outside of making sure to get blu spells that are a *** to get if you outlevel them, but you do have a few misc other options like omen bodies (all of which you can use are outdated imo if you do sortie a little or get a r0 gaol kill) to pick from. Your old main can easily be a deeds farm for a pulse weapon and mail off any sendable gear to your new main.

I could just be a lucky *** here, but pulse weapons rain from the *** sky, SE gives you them for free from deeds after only 5 months of easily doable roe, and if you're mostly solo anyway I'm not sure why you need to rush when you can concentrate on other gear while you know with absolute certainty a pulse (or two at minimum since I don't know how many mules you got or if you do deeds with them) is going to be yours relatively soon.

Your old main won't be useless since you can lockpick sheol A or B for gear or gil from scales, farm deeds/vouchers occasionally, and have a extra DM augs every campaign. If your cor is/gets decent enough you can also sneak it into sheol C pickups provided your server isn't full of idiots who think Rostam C is mandatory for all content for an easy 1 mil a day.
By Nariont 2023-02-17 00:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Jaybird376 said: »

Of all the rank 2 stuff id definitely opt for the cats eye/dense cluster/bayld option, you may not be able to solo those things now but you could easily lowman it in the future and none of whats on there is what id call vital vs saving several millions(and more importantly space) on a future mythic/emp/aeonic
By SimonSes 2023-02-17 01:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
What you say is true Simon, but I think I'd sacrifice a little bit of the BRD's time in segment farm runs by casting songs 3x instead of twice. I would do Gjalla songs for 5m, Nitro them for 10, then SV MC songs for the last 15 minutes. This gives you 15 minutes of Gjalla songs which are better than MC songs.

This is what I do as BRD in my group, but I don't even want to say things like that, or some DD BRDs might assassinate me or laugh that I don't do 6M damage and prioritize better songs on DDs over my dps :)

Still with MC you could do:
12min+ Marcato+Clarion Honormarch
15min+ +3 other songs
After 12min use SV and recast all songs with Gjallar
After 2min30sec use Nightingale and apply 15min SV MC songs and 11m+ Honor
Marcato Honor when its about to wear.

This way you have 18min fo SV songs (15min of Honor). 3min with Gjallar and 15min with MC and you also sing less.
By macsdf1 2023-02-17 02:30:59
Link | Citer | R

I won two things this lotto

Jack, and ***
 Bahamut.Afin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: afin
By Bahamut.Afin 2023-02-17 02:38:48
Link | Citer | R

3 rank 3's and 2 rank 2's (on mules) this time round
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2023-06-13 01:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Two days left to buy ya balls

Pearl sales period: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, June 15, at 7:59 a.m.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/nomadmogbon/
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-13 03:53:25
Link | Citer | R

What are my odds?
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-06-13 04:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Curse of the Mog Pearl
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-13 04:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
What are my odds?
You are going to win Rank1, I saw it in the cards and the cards don't lie!
By Pantafernando 2023-06-13 05:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Two days left to buy ya balls

Pearl sales period: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, June 15, at 7:59 a.m.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/nomadmogbon/

Ok, i bought mine.

I hope you take responsability and refund me in case i dont get anything over rank2.

But if i win, i promise to drop a proper line with thank you for you
By SimonSes 2023-06-13 05:37:54
Link | Citer | R

my random number generator picked 666, had to take it haha

My picked 0.
Didn't even know you can pick it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-06-13 06:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
What are my odds?

You probably cannot even
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-06-13 06:51:52
Link | Citer | R

I always go with the same numbers and always get the same reward. No hope no disappointment.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-13 07:36:13
Link | Citer | R

I boight the marblesfor my “more worked” mules (access and missions done), then i got to my inventory mules.

Then i noticed this is quite large investment.

After looking the rewards, i concluded not really worth buying marbles for mules i really have no plan to invest anything.

After all, most valuable prizes arent sendable. The lower tier rewards are surely not worth 400k per char.

So i guess, time and money saved
By Felgarr 2023-06-13 08:31:52
Link | Citer | R

I've always wanted to just go ham on marble purchases and since SE doubled marbles, I did just that. I picked up 164 marbles.

Is there any particular Rank 1 weapon that hasn't been tested yet?
By Manque 2023-06-13 08:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

I've always wanted to just go ham on marble purchases and since SE doubled marbles, I did just that. I picked up 164 marbles.

Jesus christ.

Edit: find out what reraise V is.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-13 08:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
I picked up 164 marbles.

That's still only about a 1-in-6 chance to win a rank 1 prize, sadly :/