Are You Playing In FFXI-HORIZON Server?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
By CrAZYVIC 2023-01-13 18:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Are any of you playing FFXI-HORIZON the private server with 3500-4000 people on average?

I personally will give it a try.
By Draylo 2023-01-13 18:34:25
Link | Citer | R

CrAZYVIC said: »
Are any of you playing FFXI-HORIZON the private server with 3500-4000 people on average?

[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-13 18:43:22
Link | Citer | R

I considered it but it's a risk I don't need to take.

I don't download it for the same reason I don't download pirated games, it's just not worth the risk of possibly downloading something shady.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-01-13 19:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Go play on horizions, it's a Square-Enix made (endorsed? funded?) private server!
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-01-13 19:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Hey Rhavyo.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-01-13 19:41:49
Link | Citer | R

No.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2023-01-13 19:43:59
Link | Citer | R

nah I've got a life bro
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-13 20:23:24
Link | Citer | R

A lot of us played Horizons 15 years ago when it was retail and don't want to return to that mess.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-13 20:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Maybe if theyd release some real job info instead of trying to copy some of the more obnoxious aspects of old XI and keep it incredibly vague, even then the prospect of the 1-75 grind isnt very appealing.
[+]
By Slowforever 2023-01-13 21:11:26
Link | Citer | R

I paid a dev 650 paypal, got peacock charm
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-13 21:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Tried it for a few evenings like a week after it launched. It's kind of strange, and there's a lot of issues.

One thing that happened while I was wasting my time trying it out was a lot of the heavily camped NMs had a "bug" where they spawned invisible. Yet, this did not stop anyone camping them from camping them. Leaping Lizzy was one such NM, and its camp had at least 30 people running around looking for something they supposedly couldn't see anyway.

The friends list function didn't work, and LSes cost so much gil that the people who started out pooled their gil and made LSes, only for their LSes to reach maximum LS capacity and be unable to invite anyone else, leaving a lot of folks friendless and LS-less.

Maybe some of that's changed, but good luck getting an in road for 75 era stuff without a friends list or LS to keep you sane.

Oh and, there didn't seem to be a way to play with controller. Big deal for me. I can't believe I played it as much as I did with KB and mouse. It hurts my hands to play that way.
[+]
By Tanag 2023-01-13 22:04:36
Link | Citer | R

The leader adding -P to his name and doing a 'letter from the director' tells me everything I need to know about this server.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-01-13 23:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Tanag said: »
The leader adding -P to his name and doing a 'letter from the director' tells me everything I need to know about this server.
lmao super cringe
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-01-13 23:31:04
Link | Citer | R

I know a guy that was on there that had his gil reset cuz he was desynthing stuff at a higher HQ rate than era but he had no idea that was a thing, yet he was punished for it. On the other hand, a friend of a gm did some exploit and just got a talking to. It's not worth it.
By fillerbunny9 2023-01-13 23:46:56
Link | Citer | R

their idea of balance brings to mind ye olde "BARANCE!" memes of the Tanaka era. it's obvious someone really *** loves Thief as they have boosted it out the ***. Daggers being stronger than Swords because they boosted the base damage but kept the lower delay. Triple Attack at THF30. Perfect Dodge also grants 100% Accuracy to the THF. Poison Sting is stronger than Viper Bite because reasons. on RDM they looked at the 10 minute Convert timer and decided it wasn't long enough already. they definitely have made some choices.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-01-13 23:48:29
Link | Citer | R

oops double post.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-01-14 00:15:44
Link | Citer | R

the idea that low lvl thf needed more damage lol
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-14 00:22:33
Link | Citer | R

But dagger THF is haaard, not like you can completely bypass the sucky period of dagger and just use a sword til viper or h2h with combo. Now im curious how they overcorrected other "lacking" jobs like bst or early drk
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-14 00:37:09
Link | Citer | R

CrAZYVIC said: »

A free FFXI might be nice...

Slowforever said: »
I paid a dev 650 paypal, got peacock charm
Welllllllllllll ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-01-14 03:20:23
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Maybe if theyd release some real job info instead of trying to copy some of the more obnoxious aspects of old XI and keep it incredibly vague, even then the prospect of the 1-75 grind isnt very appealing.

Not only are they vague about altered mechanics, but devs actively play the game having this insider knowledge. Uh, no thanks.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bennettz
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Bennettz
By Ragnarok.Bennettz 2023-01-14 03:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Have fun camping sozu rogberry
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-14 03:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
That's been my biggest issue with the development team. They make more changes in a single daily patch than we get on retail on a November or May update, but don't tell anyone what the changes are beyond "Warrior has received changes". Then players come across something unusual with the server and have to ask "Is it a bug or a feature?" If it's a bug, they ban you for exploiting the server. If it's a feature, the devs have already been using it for a week and left you in the dust.

I tried it, then quickly realized how much I preferred retail.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-14 06:05:43
Link | Citer | R

I won't make any real effort to play on Horizon, as it's not something that interests me. Too grindy. The balance changes that aren't retail accurate aren't really for the better; they're driven by dev preference and somewhere between hamfisted and totally arbitrary.

That said, they're the most professionally staffed private server experience to date by miles. It might not always feel like that, especially with the login issues early on, but they have a ton of people working to resolve everything as it comes up. You're still in the early days of release, and bugs are being addressed rapidly, so don't let bugs put you off if it's an experience you're personally interested in. They're very much temporary.

The biggest thing they have going for them, which doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet, is that they don't allow dualboxing and make an effort to clamp down on bots and RMT. If you want a fair FFXI experience where players have to group by necessity, this is the only place you're going to get that. And, that environment is a lot of what made original FFXI great.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-14 06:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Oh and, there didn't seem to be a way to play with controller. Big deal for me. I can't believe I played it as much as I did with KB and mouse. It hurts my hands to play that way.
The launcher has a button to pop up FFXI's controller config and automatically saves it to Ashita's registry overrides when you close it. With some effort, you can also set up a real install and use Windower if you're more comfortable with that.
By Drayco 2023-01-14 06:35:08
Link | Citer | R

I played a few weeks when it launched. It was quiet fun with everybody being level 1 running around doing the same things. That novelty wore off REALLY fast when I got to the dunes and realized I can solo EPs for faster exp. IT+ mobs giving 130exp to 6 people doesn't seem right to me... Granted I can't remember how much exp I got 20 years ago.

The botting is pretty out of control on Horizon, even if they don't want to admit it. Day one had thfs spawn camping every single goblin location in South Gustaburg just to get that gil. Fishing was hilarious. Bastok Mines looked like Beucidine Glacier during the Haku days.

As an adult now... there is absolutely no way I could ever devote the play time required to actually accomplish anything meaningful.

I always make the joke that I could be a doctor right now, but I instead invested 2000 days of learning geography and animal studies of Vana'diel.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-14 06:36:11
Link | Citer | R

reading you saying it like that, i do feel interested

If they reach to the point of Abyssea/early SoA era, maybe I could sign up just for the nostalgia.

Well, and allowing dual boxing at least. At least to have my pocket tarutaru healer so I can sacrifice when Im in a dire straits
By Pantafernando 2023-01-14 06:43:27
Link | Citer | R

BTW, the OP sounded more like he was advertising it than asking something.
[+]
By Seun 2023-01-14 07:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
HorizonXI is a new vision for FFXI at 75 cap, something that many of us have wanted for the past 10+ years. We launch as a progression server starting at the Chains of Promathia (CoP) expansion. Learn more about our vision.

So they just added the 'quality of life' options from WotG era to CoP? Level sync wasn't a thing in CoP. Are they really playing the pre-nerf experience point curve? Feels like they're just holding back ToAU to have something to revitalize the game later when it inevitably starts to fade out. Horizon just seems like more fodder for the chronic re-rollers.

The only reason why I think the 75 era was the 'best' is because I participated in it when it happened. It was only the best when it was new, mostly because it was new. Private servers can't recreate that experience so the point is lost on me.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11