Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Shoot! Aww Made You Look - RNG Guide
Shoot! Aww Made You Look - RNG Guide
First Page 2
By Ahchoo 2023-01-11 21:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone!

I have begun a new gear guide on BG-Wiki titled: Shoot - Aww Made You Look.

It is very much in its infancy which is why I am here...I NEED YOUR HELP!

As you peruse the first draft, know that, aside from the Preshot Sets, none of them have been vetted. I have not played RNG since early last year. I eyeballed some of the Odyssey and Sortie gear and plugged them in - again, NOT TESTED!

I am in no way a SME on RNG nor am I familiar with testing and/or spreadsheeting to determine the best sets. That is also not where my interest lay. However, there are a few of you who enjoy doing just that! And my interests are to curate your findings. I am asking those people to work with me to make this a current guide and one that can live on if I ever quit FFXI.

There you have it. If you are willing and able, please help and post some current sets.

Let's start with these:

• Midshot Sets

• Last Stand Sets

• Critical Shot / Double Shot / DoubleShot.Critical

Melee sets will be last on the To Do list.

Thanks to anyone willing to help with this!
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-01-11 23:11:36
Link | Citer | R

regarding Pre-Shot sets, I think it is at least worth mentioning the 5 Snapshot from Perun +1, as it is likely to be in any set where you are both shooting and not focusing on Trueflight. it's both a relatively easy to acquire upgrade and it serves as something you will want to get the Augments on.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-01-12 00:10:29
Link | Citer | R

For the pre shot sets I have all the optimal sets for all levels of required snap shot based on increments of 5. I used 5 since are and crossbow are 5 and 10 respectively

They should be posted in the other ranger thread
[+]
By Izanami 2023-01-12 00:39:03
Link | Citer | R

I can't help with TP sets, but I don't mind sharing the draft WS sets I've found for ML20 RNG/WAR or RNG/NIN using my code. See below for the copy/paste of my "all jobs" node-in-progress for RNG sets. There are many swaps that result in insignificant damage losses that would be considered better in some cases. These could be better defensive swaps, or swaps with more accuracy, for example.

The sets assume no True Shot bonus, but the main swaps for True Shot bonuses are Ikenga's Clogs R30, Tellen Belt R30, and Amini Bragues +3. Jishnu's Radiance also likes Nisroch Jerkin for True Shot with mid-buffs.

The sets use R30 Ikenga and R25B Nyame. Xevioso V25 is relatively easy, so I believe this is reasonable. The results do not change by a significant amount with R30B Nyame. I do remember seeing Nyame R30B legs beat Ikenga R30 legs by about 1% in one of the sets, though.

I had to adjust the formatting to prevent sets from being cut-off, but at least it's all visible.

Ranger

Savage Blade: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 389166 ItemSet 389167

• RNG/NIN
• Belenus: STR+WSD

• RNG/NIN

Last Stand: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 389159 ItemSet 389160

• RNG/WAR
• Belenus: AGI+WSD

• RNG/WAR

Coronach: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 389156 ItemSet 389157

• RNG/WAR

• RNG/WAR

Jishnu's Radiance: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 388885 ItemSet 388884

• RNG/WAR
True Shot
• Amini Bragues +3
• Ikenga's Clogs R30

• RNG/WAR
• Belenus: DEX+Crit
True Shot
• Epami > Begrudging
• Amini Bragues +3
• Ikenga's Clogs R30

Namas Arrow: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 389170 ItemSet 389169

• RNG/WAR

• RNG/WAR

Trueflight: 1500-1800 TP
ItemSet 389161

• RNG/NIN

Wildfire: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 389162

• RNG/NIN

Hot Shot: 1500-1800 TP
ItemSet 389158

• RNG/NIN
• Capped Attack
Uncapped Attack
• Friomisi > Amini+2
• Dingir > Sroda

Flaming Arrow: 1500-1800 TP
ItemSet 389168

• RNG/NIN
• Capped Attack
Uncapped Attack
• Friomisi > Amini+2
• Dingir > Sroda

Aeolian Edge: 1000-1300 TP
ItemSet 389171

• RNG/NIN
• Belenus: DEX/INT+WSD

[+]
 Bahamut.Kaius
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kaius 2023-01-12 01:09:26
Link | Citer | R

OSash for WF, HS, FA, and AE, but not true flight?
 Asura.Melliny
Serveur: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-12 02:32:20
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how nyame flanchard is ever the correct choice for jishnu's radiance. The sticky recommends jokushu haidaite, but I think amini bragues +3 is also a pretty good option, especially if you're in true shot range. Critical hit rate +6 already beats out nyame, and true shot +8 may even put it ahead of jokusho, though I'm not sure of that one. If someone wants to math that I'd be curious.
By SimonSes 2023-01-12 03:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
If someone wants to math that I'd be curious.

You literally looking at it mathed out and you negate it lol
11WSD on first of 3 hits is still like 3.66 for whole WS and you have massive ratt and fSTR, so I can easily see Nyame being competitive in low attack scenario. You already have Ikenga listed for high buffs and Amini for true shot.

Jokushu is imo outdated. Not enough ratt/fstr2 to compete in low buffs and also not enough attack imo for PDL set. Keep in mind PDL set use a lot of low/0 ratt pieces already like Malignance hands, knife, bow, so putting another no ratt and low STR piece would make whole set kinda unrealistic.

Izanami said: »
True shot: Epami > Begrudging
Why would true shot range effect WSD being suddenly better than crit rate in this slot? It shouldn't matter at all.
By SimonSes 2023-01-12 06:22:19
Link | Citer | R

So you’re saying you think that nyame’s 10wsd on the first hit of jushnu’s is better than the combined bonuses of 6% crit rate AND trueshot +8 on empyrean legs? Remember, I specifically mentioned a scenario where trueshot was active. Empyrean legs have almost the same ranged attack and strength values as nyame, so if 3.66% per hit on nyame is competitive than 6% crit and trueshot +8 should be a landslide win for the empyrean piece should it not?

Idk how to tell you that other to read again posts above.

Both Izanami and me mentioned that Empyrean Legs should be used in True Shot range. You arguing with none at this point.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-12 06:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Never mind. We’re saying the same thing. I must've skimmed past the blurb about trueshot. I see it now. Sorry.
By SimonSes 2023-01-12 06:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Then never mind. We’re saying the same thing. I only looked at the weaponkskill sets and comments on this thread. Haven’t gone back through everything that was said on the sticky yet. None of that was said in this thread. I guess I have some reading to catch up on.

??

How you understand True Shot swaps listed in the post above

and me saying
SimonSes said: »
You already have Ikenga listed for high buffs and Amini for true shot.
?? :)

Crit rate +6% alone can't beat 3.66%WSD for whole WS (11% on first hit), because Critical hit will do around 37.5% damage more and set already has like 50% crit rate. Going from 50% to 56% would increase damage by ~1.9%, then 11%WSD (R25 Legs has 11%WSD not 10%) would win. Then Nyame legs R25 has total of +123ratt and +53STR, while Empy +3 +117ratt and +45STR.
So Crit loseses to WSD and less ratt and STR, which means Nyame are better UNLESS you are in true shot range which Izanami acknowledged (and I mentioned that he did) by typing True Shot swaps.
By Izanami 2023-01-12 07:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaius said: »
OSash for WF, HS, FA, and AE, but not true flight?

Sorry about that. It should definitely be OSash. I've made something like 300 item sets, these same-icon mistakes will happen occasionally. I've corrected the issue.

On an unrelated note: did you know that FFXIAH has a limit of 255 item sets per account?

True shot: Epami > Begrudging

Why would true shot range effect WSD being suddenly better than crit rate in this slot? It shouldn't matter at all.
It technically does not if you look at the effects of swapping one item by itself. However, when swapping out a few other pieces for True Shot (such as Empy+3 legs with Crit Rate +6%) we no longer need Crit Rate +5% (or DT+10%) from Begrudging Ring.

In this specific case, Epaminondas's Ring coincidentally "wins" for highest average WS damage by a truly insignificant amount (38702 vs 38693) because we also swapped two other slots. I do not check each slot of each set for reasonable swaps, but Begrudging Ring is almost a direct side-grade (ignoring the DT+10%) to Epaminondas's Ring with high buffs if you didn't want to spend 40M gil.

I do want to mention that critical hit weapon skills are always finicky when finding "best" sets. The sets change a lot visually, even if the damage is roughly the same, if we make different assumptions about dAGI or crit rate from TP.

I don't see how nyame flanchard is ever the correct choice for jishnu's radiance. The sticky recommends jokushu haidaite, but I think amini bragues +3 is also a pretty good option, especially if you're in true shot range. Critical hit rate +6 already beats out nyame, and true shot +8 may even put it ahead of jokusho, though I'm not sure of that one. If someone wants to math that I'd be curious.

Ignoring True Shot range again:
I'm seeing Jokushu Haidate lose to Nyame Flanchard R25B in the mid-buff set 14429 damage to 15010 damage (~4%). Amini Bragues +3 show 14871 damage. The boost in ranged attack is important for low/mid-buff sets, which is probably why many of these non-capped sets seem to like STR capes, even with non-STR WSC.
[+]
By Ahchoo 2023-01-12 07:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
For the pre shot sets I have all the optimal sets ...They should be posted in the other ranger thread

Yep, I used that information for the Preshot sets and credited you for them in the initial publication. :)

You were one of the ones I was referencing when I said "there are a few of you who enjoy doing just that".
[+]
By Ahchoo 2023-01-12 07:46:03
Link | Citer | R

I can't help with TP sets, but I don't mind sharing the draft WS sets I've found for ML20 RNG/WAR or RNG/NIN using my code. See below for the copy/paste of my "all jobs" node-in-progress for RNG sets. There are many swaps that result in insignificant damage losses that would be considered better in some cases. These could be better defensive swaps, or swaps with more accuracy, for example.

The sets assume no True Shot bonus, but the main swaps for True Shot bonuses are Ikenga's Clogs R30, Tellen Belt R30, and Amini Bragues +3. Jishnu's Radiance also likes Nisroch Jerkin for True Shot with mid-buffs.

The sets use R30 Ikenga and R25B Nyame. Xevioso V25 is relatively easy, so I believe this is reasonable. The results do not change by a significant amount with R30B Nyame. I do remember seeing Nyame R30B legs beat Ikenga R30 legs by about 1% in one of the sets, though.

I had to adjust the formatting to prevent sets from being cut-off, but at least it's all visible.

This is great, thanks!
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-12 08:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Nothing to add myself, but it's nice to see someone putting work in this manner. A whole lot of people are able to do an individual set or have information handy, far fewer are willing to collate it into an easily digestable format. Thanks for your contributions.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-12 09:26:48
Link | Citer | R

we no longer need Crit Rate +5% (or DT+10%) from Begrudging Ring.

Are you saying we are at 100% crit rate with just +29% crit in gear? or you are saying that at this range adding 5%crit rate starts loosing to 5%WSD.

Im confused by "no longer need"
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-12 09:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Sibyl Scarf over Baetyl Pendant for aeolian edge. Aeolian has a 40% INT mod and is also affected by dINT, so the 10 int should be worth losing 3 MaB.
By Izanami 2023-01-12 10:02:12
Link | Citer | R

we no longer need Crit Rate +5% (or DT+10%) from Begrudging Ring.

Are you saying we are at 100% crit rate with just +29% crit in gear? or you are saying that at this range adding 5%crit rate starts loosing to 5%WSD.

Im confused by "no longer need"

Sorry, that was very poorly-worded. Both Begrudging and Epami were close already without True Shot (I'm seeing Begrudging wins by 13 damage). Adding True Shot swapped in Empyrean legs, which increased crit rate. This extra crit rate suffers from diminishing returns by enough to swap in Epamini to win by 9 damage after True Shot.

Sibyl Scarf over Baetyl Pendant for aeolian edge. Aeolian has a 40% INT mod and is also affected by dINT, so the 10 int should be worth losing 3 MaB.

I'm seeing Sibyl Scarf lose to Baetyl Pendant 14854 damage to 14861. "Best" in slot are almost never clear victories over other options with reasonable gear choices. I'd use Sibyl just so I don't have to have Baetyl taking an inventory spot.

In this case, BG Wiki claims dINT caps at 32. Any extra INT does nothing for dINT and you're left with the 40% WSC. Without a neck slot, that set has 261 Magic Attack, 334 INT (117+217), and 240 DEX (123+117) if you wanted to check the details yourself. It all comes down to the enemy stats. You aren't likely to be cleaving Kalunga with Aeolian Edge, so capping dINT shouldn't be too difficult on the expected fodder enemies.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-12 10:13:23
Link | Citer | R

It's true the dINT isn't likely to be a factor very often. But when you add buffs like wizard roll or acumen to the mix the WSC mod gains more weight. It's not relevant for soloing, but if you're cleaving with a group you should probably expect to at least have a cor, and the standard sortie ranger comp does include the geo as well. It's not a major difference between the two necks but it is still a factor.

Quote:
I'd use Sibyl just so I don't have to have Baetyl taking an inventory spot.

Most people probably carry Sibyl with them anyway, so it's a practical inclusion imo. I had the same inventory thought myself.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-01-12 10:26:24
Link | Citer | R

It's true the dINT isn't likely to be a factor very often. But when you add buffs like wizard roll or acumen to the mix the WSC mod gains more weight. It's not relevant for soloing, but if you're cleaving with a group you should probably expect to at least have a cor, and the standard sortie ranger comp does include the geo as well. It's not a major difference between the two necks but it is still a factor.

You make a good point about buffs and Sortie being a possible location for cleaving. Solo cleaving Omen fodder for cards/astrals was my first thought. I imagine enemies in sortie may have enough INT to not necessarily be capped with Baetyl.

I've added Sibyl Scarf to the Aeolian Edge set since it wins (by 20 damage) with Idris Acumen+Malaise and Regal Wizard's Roll, and since it's more common to have than Baetyl Pendant these days. Adding these buffs also favored Tauret by ~100 damage (33234 vs 33124), which is definitely more common than 2x perfect Malevolence.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-12 10:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You make a good point about buffs and Sortie being a possible location for cleaving.

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I looked at the aeolian edge build. The group I run with most often does the ranged setup and tackles AE + CG bosses and then we clear out a few delve camps and get the basement bitzer objectives. We cleave the flans every run and those buffs are always present. The difference between the two necks is pretty miniscule but if nothing else the inventory considerations are a thing.
By Ahchoo 2023-01-12 11:05:11
Link | Citer | R

For clarification your "Mid" sets are uncapped attack and "High" sets are attack capped?
By Izanami 2023-01-12 11:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Ahchoo said: »
For clarification your "Mid" sets are uncapped attack and "High" sets are attack capped?

Enemy stats were 1400 evasion, 1600 defense.

Mid buffs were BRD with +7 Songs HM, VM, Min5, Min4, +7 Rolls Crooked Chaos and Samurai Rolls. This represents uncapped attack, but still reasonably buffed. From what I can tell, these sets apply even when underbuffed (fewer buffs or higher defense results in identical sets with lower damage), so I expect these sets to be used in almost all cases.

High buffs added Idris Fury and a 25% or 50% potency BoG Frailty bubble and Dia2 (I think those sets used 25%, but they're draft sets anyway for now). This should be attack capped, but not necessarily severely over capped depending on the weapon type. Both sets used Grape Daifuku.

As you can see in the above discussion, there are many swaps that could be made and result in essentially zero loss in damage. For the most part, I just reported the set that my code outputs for the given buffs since I don't have time to seriously consider all 16 slots for ~300 sets.

If we look in more detail at these sets, then we see reasonable swaps that should be included, such as Ikenga's Gloves R30 instead of Malignance Gloves in the capped Jishnu's set to really ensure that you're attack capped since Malignance has zero ranged attack and are only ~1% better when capped. I'll likely make this swap myself before posting my node later.
[+]
By Ahchoo 2023-01-12 15:38:01
Link | Citer | R

As you can see in the above discussion, there are many swaps that could be made and result in essentially zero loss in damage.

Absolutely. I wanted to make sure I was understanding your intent in the labeling of the sets.

I have updated the guide with the provided information.
By Ahchoo 2023-01-12 15:54:55
Link | Citer | R

I would appreciate anyone who can help with the following:

• Midshot Sets

• Last Stand Sets

• Critical Shot / Double Shot / DoubleShot.Critic

• JA Sets

• Barrage
      • Differing sets for different weapons? I saw talk on this but am not sure.
    • Camouflage

Thanks again to those who are helping with this!
By Ahchoo 2023-01-13 10:33:39
Link | Citer | R

• Midshot Sets

• Last Stand Sets

• Critical Shot / Double Shot / DoubleShot.Critic

• JA Sets

• Barrage
      • Differing sets for different weapons? I saw talk on this but am not sure.
    • Camouflage

Still in need of the sets above. In the guide I posted I have some listed but they have not been vetted. If anyone can provide some feedback on them that would be very helpful!
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-13 12:27:16
Link | Citer | R

IDK ***about RNG, but that's a good lookin guide man ^^b
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-01-13 15:30:39
Link | Citer | R

ok looking at those ws sets.

Are you factoring in the ranged attack bonus for velocity shot on empy body? I have it doing very well for non attack capped in addition to at attack cap.

I have Adhemar +1 head path B beating out blistering for jishnus

As was mentioned I would use Ikenga gloves over malignance just to help make sure I am attack capped for jishnus, similarly for savage blade I would use Nyame head over Orions just to help keep acc/att at cap.
[+]
By Izanami 2023-01-13 20:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
ok looking at those ws sets.

Are you factoring in the ranged attack bonus for velocity shot on empy body? I have it doing very well for non attack capped in addition to at attack cap.
Thanks for the note.

It looks like I stopped short of adding Velocity Shot for some reason. I had code to add the +40 ranged attack from job points if Velocity Shot was enabled, but I never added the checkbox to enable/disable it, so it has always been effectively disabled.

If I enable Velocity Shot, then the Empyrean +3 body does show up in all of the few physical ranged WS mid-buff sets I checked. The +15% attack from Velocity Shot (and the +11% extra from Empyrean body +3 and +2% from the AmbuCape) is a lot of bonus attack.

Before I update the sets, could you confirm where Velocity Shot is applied? The BG Wiki page suggests it's a separate multiplier: (base)*(1+berserk)*(1+Velocity_shot), but this may be a typo.

I have Adhemar +1 head path B beating out blistering for jishnus
I'm not seeing this for either the uncapped or attack capped sets. I'll check again after I've confirmed that I've added Velocity Shot properly, though.

As was mentioned I would use Ikenga gloves over malignance just to help make sure I am attack capped for jishnus, similarly for savage blade I would use Nyame head over Orions just to help keep acc/att at cap.
I agree. It's only a ~1% damage loss if you're truly attack capped, but having the extra attack is very helpful if you're borderline.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-01-13 21:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Interrupting this discussion to present Made You Look.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2