Soloing With Black Mage

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Soloing with Black Mage
Soloing with Black Mage
By Ermah 2022-10-02 21:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Hello all,

For those who like to challenge themselves and solo content as a Black Mage because you enjoy the job....

What trust setup do you use to help promote skillchains on monsters you have to skillchain?

When focusing on a free nuking set or an AoE set, is MAB or Magic Damage more valuable?

Any tips or tricks to make certain things easier, like Sortie or Geas Fetes?

What do you do against things that don't take too much damage from spells?

What weapons do you like?

Is the Su5 worth investing into?

For free casting, do you prefer relic, artifact or empy?

Thank you,

Also, I'm aware the answer a lot of people will write is just, "Change jobs to SCH or xx" and I'm aware that's an option, but that's not what I'm looking to do now, thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-10-02 23:05:08
Link | Citer | R

ok bunch of questions
1) ayame will consistantly SC with you so she's handy just gotta pick a ws she can work with or use the unity version.

2) between mab and mag damage it mostly depends on the tier of the spell rather than aoe vs single target, magic damage more valuable for lower tier spells

3) um I haven't had a chance to solo sortie but magic works well against most things besides the bosses so I would avoid the bosses and just do the other objectives.
Gaes Fetes is a ton of different mechanics just read each fight you can proc a lot of them with certain elements

4) provide debuffs or super tanking for other to kill or come a different job.

5) the mythic, its fun although there's several much easier to get options nearly as good if only going to nuke

6)no but the lower quality versions can easily be used to replace empy feet for manawall and allow you to get some flee shoes or heralds for really big manawall shenanigans

7) um agwu and AF body, out of those options though I'd probably go AF body and empy+2 the rest both for ease of getting and that it will probably be very competitive at +3.
By Ermah 2022-10-02 23:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
ok bunch of questions
1) ayame will consistantly SC with you so she's handy just gotta pick a ws she can work with or use the unity version.

2) between mab and mag damage it mostly depends on the tier of the spell rather than aoe vs single target, magic damage more valuable for lower tier spells

3) um I haven't had a chance to solo sortie but magic works well against most things besides the bosses so I would avoid the bosses and just do the other objectives.
Gaes Fetes is a ton of different mechanics just read each fight you can proc a lot of them with certain elements

5) the mythic, its fun although there's several much easier to get options nearly as good if only going to nuke

6)no but the lower quality versions can easily be used to replace empy feet for manawall and allow you to get some flee shoes or heralds for really big manawall shenanigans

7) um agwu and AF body, out of those options though I'd probably go AF body and empy+2 the rest both for ease of getting and that it will probably be very competitive at +3.

Ayami doesn't have the accuracy to skillchain on most things you would want to fight solo end game, on top of that you would have to use the WS once to set her, then do it again, and a lot of fights don't have trash monsters nearby to do that. Have you actually tried to solo things on blm, or just theorizing based off of the guides you read online?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-10-02 23:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Ermah said: »
ok bunch of questions

Ayami doesn't have the accuracy to skillchain on most things you would want to fight solo end game, on top of that you would have to use the WS once to set her, then do it again, and a lot of fights don't have trash monsters nearby to do that. Have you actually tried to solo things on blm, or just theorizing based off of the guides you read online?
you asked for trust to help you sc, if solo I usually just solo SC with my mythic or switch to sch if that doesn't seem feasible depending on the fight.
By Ermah 2022-10-02 23:38:49
Link | Citer | R

ok bunch of questions

you asked for trust to help you sc, if solo I usually just solo SC with my mythic or switch to sch if that doesn't seem feasible depending on the fight.

Yeah it was just bad advice... I mean at the very least you can solo with Iroha who will make light with Vido, you also don't want to be closing anyway so you can MB twice. There are other trust combinations that may be better as well, like Flaviria seems to be popular now, maybe she works well with xx trust one opens one closes.
By Vaerix 2022-10-02 23:52:21
Link | Citer | R

ok bunch of questions

Yeah it was just bad advice... I mean at the very least you can solo with Iroha who will make light with Vido, you also don't want to be closing anyway so you can MB twice. There are other trust combinations that may be better as well, like Flaviria seems to be popular now, maybe she works well with xx trust one opens one closes.

Just my two cents. How the *** do you ask a wall full of questions and then when someone gives you their take or advice you criticize the advice? So here's my question:

1. If you know better than them, why did you even ask?

If you don't know Jakey, I do. Yes, he plays BLM, arguably one of the best on our server, but I don't know anymore because someone asking for advice just said he gives ***advice /sarcasm/. Beyond this "Are you just theorizing?" are you kidding? The guy does videos testing stuff and going into alot of minuate for the community.

If you ask for advice and then immediately say, you give bad advice, you're a special kind of ***. You could have PM'd him and discussed your thoughts on his advice and then maybe posted something here for the community afterward when you get a concensus. However, I don't see anyone asking these questions but you.
[+]
By Ermah 2022-10-02 23:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
ok bunch of questions

Just my two cents. How the *** do you ask a wall full of questions and then when someone gives you their take or advice you criticize the advice? So here's my question:

If you don't know Jakey, I do. Yes, he plays BLM, arguably one of the best on our server, but I don't know anymore because someone asking for advice just said he gives ***advice /sarcasm/. Beyond this "Are you just theorizing?" are you kidding? The guy does videos testing stuff and going into alot of minuate for the community.

If you ask for advice and then immediately say, you give bad advice, you're a special kind of ***. You could have PM'd him and discussed your thoughts on his advice and then maybe posted something here for the community afterward when you get a concensus. However, I don't see anyone asking these questions but you.
Vaerix said: »
ok bunch of questions

You're right I apologize. His advice is not helpful to me, but thank you for trying. I hope you have a good week. Bye.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-03 08:52:24
Link | Citer | R

I would be interested in seeing BLM solo come back, but trusts undercut a lot of its advantages and if it has to compete normally then the job's DPS is too low right now. If you are limiting yourself to trust support it is even lower.

Most fun I have had soloing on BLM since sea was the time I spent soloing Omen cards by abusing Mana Wall. Mana Wall is great.
[+]
By Ermah 2022-10-03 13:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I would be interested in seeing BLM solo come back, but trusts undercut a lot of its advantages and if it has to compete normally then the job's DPS is too low right now. If you are limiting yourself to trust support it is even lower.

Most fun I have had soloing on BLM since sea was the time I spent soloing Omen cards by abusing Mana Wall. Mana Wall is great.

Here's a few videos :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSReczUtofk&ab_channel=Hiep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1e-ugddSz0&ab_channel=Hiep
[+]