Mpaca's Staff

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Mpaca's staff
Mpaca's staff
By bigboykoalas 2022-09-12 13:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Simple question is this worth it in a nuking set for RDM as I haven't seen it mentioned in any sets. Thanks in advance
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-12 13:27:10
Link | Citer | R

I think that, once augmented, it's probably the best nuking staff (close call on Wind nukes with Marin+1 R15, I dunno).

Thing is, nuking with club is even better, so... I think we can say that if for whatever reason you want to nuke with a staff, then Mpaca is currently one of the best options, possibly the best.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-09-12 13:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
for whatever reason

Myrkr
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-09-12 13:38:41
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
for whatever reason

Myrkr

RDM
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 13:42:44
Link | Citer | R

bigboykoalas said: »
Simple question is this worth it in a nuking set for RDM as I haven't seen it mentioned in any sets. Thanks in advance

R25 Bunzi/Ammurapi will win. Since RDM can't use Myrkr, it's not needed to RP particularly for that job. Could always pick it up and throw it in an idle set, but I think the MBBII is only just a small bonus comparatively. Bunzi's +10 MBB gives more set flexibility, unless you're running full Ea+1 or something.
By SimonSes 2022-09-12 13:43:49
Link | Citer | R

I think we can say that if for whatever reason you want to nuke with a staff, then Mpaca is currently one of the best options, possibly the best.

I would say its very close call against Marin.

68mab, 217mdmg, 32-37INT on Marin
60mab, 263mdmg, 15INT, 2%MBB on Mpaca R25

On most common Dint ranged 17-22 INT will even out or beat 45mdmg on higher tier nukes, which leaves 8mab against 2%MBB. Depends on Dint ranges they are fairly close, but I guess mpaca has more macc.

That being said I havent noticed it's RDM thread and RDM cant Myrkr, so there is no reason to use staff XD
By SimonSes 2022-09-12 13:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
for whatever reason

Myrkr

RDM

Yep, sorry I noticed it too late :)
[+]
By Meeble 2022-09-12 13:49:56
Link | Citer | R

The only issue with Mpaca's Staff is that no grip in the game compares to the 13 INT, 38 Macc/MAB on Ammurapi Shield.

Until that changes, any staff is going to need nearly double the stats on Bunzi's rod to be competitive.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-09-12 13:56:14
Link | Citer | R

I used that Staff on BLM just for opening fights w/ ShatterSoul then going directly into Bunzi / Shield combo since Club WS are terrible in comparison & we starting fights w/ 3000 tp to begin w/

RDM I wouldn’t use such. Thinking Bunzi / Shield combo stronger.
Great for BLM Shattersoul tho in such scenarios using Bunzi.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-12 14:00:17
Link | Citer | R

I agree, with Marin winning on Wind nukes.
But you forgot to factor Macc and Macc skill which, if I recall, are really abundant on Mpaca and there's a lack thereof on Marin.
By SimonSes 2022-09-12 14:07:14
Link | Citer | R

I agree, with Marin winning on Wind nukes.
But you forgot to factor Macc and Macc skill which, if I recall, are really abundant on Mpaca and there's a lack thereof on Marin.
but I guess mpaca has more macc

:)

It's not that big of a gap tho. Marin ahs 228 macc skill and mpaca 255, so 27 more. Marin has 5 more macc tho and 17-22 INT will also transfer into some macc, so in the end Mpaca is only slightly ahead.
By bigboykoalas 2022-09-12 14:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Many thanks for the input guys
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-12 14:18:08
Link | Citer | R

something not yet mentioned about RDM burst sets and weapon options is that by going with Bunzi/Ammurapi you free up the neck slot and aren't trapped into the Tenzen neck- which when compared with more modern casting necks on other jobs is just an abysmal macc choice without mucking up Burst Bonus 1 cap. That alone was reason enough for me to swap to it a few months ago.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-09-12 15:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Depending on unity bonus Marin +1 has 17-22 more INT than Mpaca's and 8 more MaB. That puts it ahead of Mpaca's for free nuking and I'm pretty sure it's better for magic bursting as well. MbD II +2 is nice but the tradeoff still favors Marin +1. Of course this could change (and probably will change) when vengence 25 comes out and mpaca gets its rank 30 augment, but at the moment marin +1 has a small edge in damage. Mpaca's does have a slight edge in magic accuracy though, but as simon said, the difference isn't that big. If you can land your nukes unresisted I'd prefer marin +1 myself.