*Humble brags but fails to mention he hadn't geared the jobs they were for for*

Low self esteem is a d*CK.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-16 01:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Question on Ghatjot, is there any strategy to deal with Noyade?

I have been killed by it a few times while soloing Ghatjot. It did 8.5k damage to my -50% DT reduction WAR. The poison sticks while you are dead for 5 mins, making any RR pointless because I will be dead on the next tick and if I don't get up in 3 mins, auto ejection from Sortie.

I am sure that Ghatjot was not enraged because Clobbering Wave 2 seconds earlier did 0 damage. The only thing that happened right after that is I triggered Radiance skillchain.

I check the log and an earlier Noyade only hit for 98 damage.

[+]
 Asura.Asalith
Serveur: Asura
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-09-16 02:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »

I have been killed by it a few times while soloing Ghatjot. It did 8.5k damage to my -50% DT reduction WAR. The poison sticks while you are dead for 5 mins, making any RR pointless because I will be dead on the next tick and if I don't get up in 3 mins, auto ejection from Sortie.

Did you hit him with Reverberation or Distortion? or one of your trusts use a water-based spell? I have only heard of him going nuts like this after taking some form of water dmg (water shot/hydro breath included)
By Koliz 2022-09-16 02:12:15
Link | Citer | R

I think it's from Arciela's melee hits. Switch her to koru-moru and you should be good to go.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-16 02:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Asalith said: »
Did you hit him with Reverberation or Distortion? or one of your trusts use a water-based spell? I have only heard of him going nuts like this after taking some form of water dmg (water shot/hydro breath included)

Was using a multi-step Radiance chain - Steel Cyclone, Upheaval (Fragmentation), Ukko's Fury (Light), Upheaval (Radiance).
No DD trusts, only healers and buffers.

Koliz said: »
I think it's from Arciela's melee hits. Switch her to koru-moru and you should be good to go.

Thanks, will try again without her. I was able to clear it before but forgot the trusts I used.

Was using Arciela, Yoran-Oran (UC), Monberaux, Ulmia and Koru-Moru. Will replace Arciela with Cornelia.

Edit: With Arciela removed, was able to kill Ghatjot without any issues. Noyade was doing 300+ damage max.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-16 19:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Did a bit of testing here.

5x acuex: single target only, killed 5 at once with spectral: A1 casket
5x acuex: single target only, killed 5 at once with spectral: nothing
1x acuex: killed with subduction: A3 chest
1x acuex: killed with entomb: nothing
1x acuex: killed with magic hammer: nothing
2x acuex: first killed with entomb: got A4, killed second with subduction
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-17 03:58:06
Link | Citer | R

So probably smaller servers won't notice, but on Asura we clearly felt the difference when, post sortie-launch, they did something server side with a small server mantainance that allowed for much faster queueing.
It was probably something about allowing further instances, but whatever it was, it proved to be pretty effective.

After the September patch, we're back to square one.
I'm kinda thinking that whatever change they did post sortie launch, it was deployed diretly live and didn't go in the dev code of the september patch that they were still working on.
Result? We got the super slow (>1hr queues) again, list like for Sortie's launch.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-17 09:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

This lines up precisely with what people were saying for the A3 and A4 kills, you have to manually target them to get credit for the kills. You got the first chest for just killing 5, but didn’t actually get a blue until two sets of single target kills later on your third kill (6 Mobs but you only targeted 2 in total). Same for second chest. We know magic is involved in the objective. What we don’t know at this point is how WSs interfere with the objective, and exactly what the objective itself is
By Sockfoot 2022-09-18 01:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone check and see if the ID's of the chests/caskets/coffers have changed? Or if that is easily available, tell me how to check it^^

edit: I'm going to venture that they start at 21000193 for the Chest A1 and increment from there until 21000221 for the Aurum (based on pattern from the limited packets I have)
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-18 03:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

This lines up precisely with what people were saying for the A3 and A4 kills, you have to manually target them to get credit for the kills. You got the first chest for just killing 5, but didn’t actually get a blue until two sets of single target kills later on your third kill (6 Mobs but you only targeted 2 in total). Same for second chest. We know magic is involved in the objective. What we don’t know at this point is how WSs interfere with the objective, and exactly what the objective itself is

I pull large groups of acuex (at least 6 every time) and rotate main targets for my AOEs. I get blue A1, brown A3 and A4 every time. Been doing this for weeks. 100% the mob has to be claimed at some point. I have not messed with ws that don't have properties but see no reason to bother testing it. Assuming that hitting an enemy with a WS that has a property affects the objective.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-09-18 20:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So probably smaller servers won't notice, but on Asura we clearly felt the difference when, post sortie-launch, they did something server side with a small server mantainance that allowed for much faster queueing.
It was probably something about allowing further instances, but whatever it was, it proved to be pretty effective.

After the September patch, we're back to square one.
I'm kinda thinking that whatever change they did post sortie launch, it was deployed diretly live and didn't go in the dev code of the september patch that they were still working on.
Result? We got the super slow (>1hr queues) again, list like for Sortie's launch.

yeah ***feels broke been waiting 24 minutes and 1 page has gone
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-09-18 20:58:39
Link | Citer | R

I am sure that Ghatjot was not enraged because Clobbering Wave 2 seconds earlier did 0 damage. The only thing that happened right after that is I triggered Radiance skillchain.

I check the log and an earlier Noyade only hit for 98 damage.

Just savage blade spam and be done with it.
It's easier to just avoid skillchaining on all the bosses then to worry about which one triggers them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-19 10:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »
It's easier to just avoid skillchaining on all the bosses then to worry about which one triggers them.

It's triggered by Arciela's auto attacks, not a weapon skill. With her removed, I can killed it on WAR 4-step solo and BLU Expiacion spam solo. No more 8K Noyade.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2022-09-19 19:29:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »

It's triggered by Arciela's auto attacks, not a weapon skill. With her removed, I can killed it on WAR 4-step solo and BLU Expiacion spam solo. No more 8K Noyade.

I got screwed by my Wyvern the same way on DRG. Spamming Impulse Drive to keep from skillchaining and the wyvern was like YOLO!
By Koliz 2022-09-20 01:49:04
Link | Citer | R

I've been killing Ghatjot for weeks with only a3 chest with 0 issues, but tonight I finally experienced what another poster mentioned and got hit with tp moves for 4k each out of nowhere. No idea what caused it. Only difference was i lost a couple seconds turning the mob a couple times because I called trusts in the wrong order, but maybe my advice of ignoring a4 chest isn't as foolproof as i'd thought.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-20 15:04:09
Link | Citer | R

What trusts did you have? I usually beeline to Ghatjot every second day on my MNK and never had issues once I straightened the trust issue out. Something happened once on WAR when I had Koru called and I was flattened out and I wasn’t able to pinpoint it. King of Hearts hasn’t failed me yet though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-20 15:54:10
Link | Citer | R

Last night, Leshonn raged after I used Corrosive Ooze on BST. I was certain it was Ghatjot who responded to water damage, but apparently that move triggers Leshonn’s rage as well. Everyone was only using Savage blade and I reviewed the log carefully. His damage went up considerably when I used that move.

What’s the specific reason for this? Is it any elemental damage causes him to rage?
By Moink 2022-09-20 16:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Probably because he zapped your pt andgave them the Corrosive Ooze debuff.

• Zap is always available for usage.

• Zap has the additional Effect of transferring all enfeebling effects currently active on the NM to all party members hit by the attack.

[+]
By Baidos 2022-09-20 16:18:10
Link | Citer | R

Corrosive Ooze does water damage, but I think Leshonn rages with debuffs, or at least I'm always told not to cast on him.
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-09-20 16:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Last night, Leshonn raged after I used Corrosive Ooze on BST. I was certain it was Ghatjot who responded to water damage, but apparently that move triggers Leshonn’s rage as well. Everyone was only using Savage blade and I reviewed the log carefully. His damage went up considerably when I used that move.

What’s the specific reason for this? Is it any elemental damage causes him to rage?

When Leshonn has the purple hand, he reflects debuffs onto your party. It is likely you that he reflected Corrosive Ooze onto your party and that substantial debuff made it appear that he was raging. When he is purple hand, we only debuff with Dia and nothing else.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-09-20 18:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Moink said: »
Zap has the additional Effect of transferring all enfeebling effects currently active on the NM to all party members hit by the attack.

Fenrir.Velner said: »
It is likely you that he reflected Corrosive Ooze onto your party and that substantial debuff made it appear that he was raging

This is not what happened, though. There were no ATK/DEF down debuffs on the party at the time that Leshonn was enraged. It had at most three debuffs on it: Dia 2, ATK down from Ooze, and DEF down from Ooze. When the content was new, I applied more than three debuffs to it without experiencing an enrage, so I am not inclined to believe that the number of debuffs is the cause of it.
By Koliz 2022-09-20 18:40:23
Link | Citer | R

What trusts did you have? I usually beeline to Ghatjot every second day on my MNK and never had issues once I straightened the trust issue out. Something happened once on WAR when I had Koru called and I was flattened out and I wasn’t able to pinpoint it. King of Hearts hasn’t failed me yet though.

Huh. I must have been getting lucky for weeks then lol. I've been using Cornelia/Koru/Sylvie/Ygnas/Monberaux and never had any issues at all. Will try switching him to King. Thanks for the tip. It was at like 1% and since i lost a little time turning it i was worried it raged or something. Pretty certain Impetus still had a minute left at least, though. I looked through the log several times and couldn't figure out what did it at all.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-20 19:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Ya, like I said, I'm not sure if it was an issue with Koru, but I stopped calling her (had 2 runs in a row I was slaughtered, once on WAR, next on DRK). I also heard something along the lines of Monberaux with his Dark Drink (verification needed). I do my fight with no Chi Blast or Shijin and just straight up Impetus/Warcry/Footwork/HF and spam Victory Smite. EV/Cornelia/KoH/Ygnas and my COR alt are my typical go-tos. I'll let EV take hate while trusts position to get a quick Evokers on, and not even melee on COR and it melts pretty quickly.
By Moink 2022-09-20 21:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
Zap has the additional Effect of transferring all enfeebling effects currently active on the NM to all party members hit by the attack.

Fenrir.Velner said: »
It is likely you that he reflected Corrosive Ooze onto your party and that substantial debuff made it appear that he was raging

This is not what happened, though. There were no ATK/DEF down debuffs on the party at the time that Leshonn was enraged. It had at most three debuffs on it: Dia 2, ATK down from Ooze, and DEF down from Ooze. When the content was new, I applied more than three debuffs to it without experiencing an enrage, so I am not inclined to believe that the number of debuffs is the cause of it.

Who said anything about the number of debuffs causing rage..? The response is Zap redirects whatever debuffs he has on him and applies them to those around. So your DEF down from Ooze was applied to your fellow members once he used Zap.

Edit: Raging isn't out of the realm of possibilities either. Both Skomora and Degei have party killing moves. I just have my personal doubts about that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-20 22:12:14
Link | Citer | R

There was no defense down debuff though. It was definitely rage. I know this because we wiped and then attempted to recover and Leshonn still hit is for the same high amounts of damage, even when there were certainly no debuffs present to transfer.

There's some other mechanic that causes him to enrage, I think it involves using an elemental ability or skill chain that Leshonn might be strong to. Idk what it is, but there's some other condition that might cause him to go crazy.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-09-20 22:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Who said anything about the number of debuffs causing rage..?

Baidos said: »
but I think Leshonn rages with debuffs

So your DEF down from Ooze was applied to your fellow members once he used Zap.

Again, I will repeat that there was no DEF or ATK down effect applied to the party at the time. In fact, even after dying and immediately reraising, members were hit for 1700+. They did not have a DEF down debuff at the time they were damaged. Zap was not used between death, reraise, and death again.
By Vaerix 2022-09-20 22:22:48
Link | Citer | R

There was no defense down debuff though. It was definitely rage. I know this because we wiped and then attempted to recover and Leshonn still hit is for the same high amounts of damage, even when there were certainly no debuffs present to transfer.

There's some other mechanic that causes him to enrage, I think it involves using an elemental ability or skill chain that Leshonn might be strong to. Idk what it is, but there's some other condition that might cause him to go crazy.

Just for completion sake, I cast Dia2 3x on A boss and his power increased rapidly, the only spells used and they were in short succession because I was trying to do something else in my recent commands. 0 damage spell, 3 spell casts(0 absorbed damage), Boss damage went up to 1.5k+ to all party members in range, prior to the spells he was only doing 500-800.
[+]
By Moink 2022-09-20 23:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
Who said anything about the number of debuffs causing rage..?

Baidos said: »
but I think Leshonn rages with debuffs

So your DEF down from Ooze was applied to your fellow members once he used Zap.

Again, I will repeat that there was no DEF or ATK down effect applied to the party at the time. In fact, even after dying and immediately reraising, members were hit for 1700+. They did not have a DEF down debuff at the time they were damaged. Zap was not used between death, reraise, and death again.

Then I suggest recording him from the time it engages you to the time it rages and see how long it takes to enrage. Repeat the process to duplicate the results and verify. It wouldn't surprise me that once he caps out on DT that it changes to increased damage but I'm not going to guess beyond this.
By Koliz 2022-09-21 00:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Is Casket c1 the same condition as b1? Kill 3 mobs in <~30 seconds eacch? I consistently get it in B; but have only gotten it a few times in C. I definitely kill the mobs < 30 sec on mnk a good bit of the time. Am I just getting unlucky and barely missing it somehow? I killed 17 mobs today and am confident at least half were a fair bit under 30.
By SimonSes 2022-09-21 00:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Koliz said: »
Is Casket c1 the same condition as b1? Kill 3 mobs in <~30 seconds eacch? I consistently get it in B; but have only gotten it a few times in C. I definitely kill the mobs < 30 sec on mnk a good bit of the time. Am I just getting unlucky and barely missing it somehow? I killed 17 mobs today and am confident at least half were a fair bit under 30.

I think C needs to be in a row and time is calculated from aggro, not from offensive action (which is a problem when everything blood aggro). Something like that.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 144 145 146