First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 154 155 156
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-24 08:32:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
brd / dnc / cor can safely use regal gloves for extra tp generation from damage taken. There isn't much risk the aoe dmg is very slow coming in and its easy for pld to keep up heals.

Do you think the Arke set would be useful for this kind of setup?
I assume your PLD is Aegis and they are taking no damage of any kind regardless for TP denail so I assume this wouldn't do anything for them. But WAR and DRG are both great choices for dropping consistent WSs
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-10-24 08:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
ffxidb pulls data much further than 40', it just set as a visual limit. if you're concerned about 0x0E getting you banned, I would recommend deleting ffxidb asap, though since its pretty commonly used, it's 'meh idc' from me.

FFXIDB is reading memory from the client, it's not requesting data from the server. The client still has to have gotten the data in the first place for it to show up on FFXIDB.

Nobody would be 'getting banned for 0x0E', that's a server to client packet. If they decided to do anything, you'd be getting banned for abusing 0x15/0x16 to force server to send it.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-10-24 08:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Cloudsplitter is an excellent magical WS. With storm, osash, and 5/5 Nyame r25, it hits really well even with just Dolichenus.

Sanguine Blade on war isn't the greatest ws, generally hits for around 10k (20k with malaise, maaaaybe) due to lack of stat and lack of Crocea Mors which is what really makes sanguine/seraph good on RDM. Good for survivability, not so much for damage.
Bolstered Malaise ofc changes things but I don't think anybody is burning that on the botulus.
 Shiva.Cerderic
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-24 08:50:29
Link | Citer | R

unless there is another version you're referring to, this is not true. you only need to delete one line of code to unlock the ability to see npc dots across the entire map. it is always pulling that data, you're just not seeing it.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-10-24 09:16:23
Link | Citer | R

unless there is another version you're referring to, this is not true. you only need to delete one line of code to unlock the ability to see npc dots across the entire map. it is always pulling that data, you're just not seeing it.

No, Thorny is correct. what you would be seeing by "only delete one line of code" would likely be the stale data from mobs that you walked by and can no longer see.
 Bismarck.Demetor
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Demetor
By Bismarck.Demetor 2023-10-24 09:18:09
Link | Citer | R

You're likely conflating (1) being able to see something you've already seen anywhere in the zone with (2) what we're talking about - seeing something that you haven't seen before, while also out of normal range for that.

In (1), if I walk up to Entity 1 normally, and it's at (X=100 ,Y=100), FFXIDB can track that information from memory (which updates naturally while I remain within rendering range of any mob). Once I walk away, FFXIDB can say "I know the last time you saw this was at X=100,Y=100 and I can keep displaying that on the map, but I actually don't know where it is now", the setting you modified probably has to do with not showing unnecessary mob targets beyond your current location so the map doesn't look cluttered, but it doesn't change the fact anything it would be showing would be stale/best guess.

In (2) I'm forcing the server to tell me an updated location while I'm out of range, which is then loaded into memory. In this case a tool like FFXIDB would even update the position, but only that one time so it may be stale by the time you get there if it's something that can move.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-24 09:29:43
Link | Citer | R

I've seen it display very far as soon as you zone in. I've not personally used it in this way so whether those dots are accurate, I do not know, but it can definitely populate way beyond 40 yalms and does not need to be targets already within range. I have physically seen this over a video call to find moving quest locations. I do not believe this would be a solution for sortie however, since there are seemingly random green dots throughout the map anyway.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-24 09:32:17
Link | Citer | R

You could easily disprove yourself by deleting that line of code, going into a new area and verifying that you cant see any mobs beyond your '50 range.

I've not personally used it in this way
VIP
By Lili 2023-10-24 09:39:48
Link | Citer | R

What you're referring to is the fact that once an NPC pops into your visual range, it stays in memory even if you move away. However, it's data table will contain stale data, because you only get information about each mob in very specific situations - one of which is that the mob is within your visual range, even if your line of sight is blocked.

Also, how do you delete a line of code from a binary plugin that is closed source?
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-24 10:16:30
Link | Citer | R

I don't have the source code but knew someone who did. They've since moved servers or more likely quit playing so I don't know how they got it.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-10-24 10:42:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
brd / dnc / cor can safely use regal gloves for extra tp generation from damage taken. There isn't much risk the aoe dmg is very slow coming in and its easy for pld to keep up heals.

Do you think the Arke set would be useful for this kind of setup?
I assume your PLD is Aegis and they are taking no damage of any kind regardless for TP denail so I assume this wouldn't do anything for them. But WAR and DRG are both great choices for dropping consistent WSs

Yes arke set should help if you are taking those jobs in why not. I could see both of those jobs working as main DD slot prolly not as good as drk / dnc though. Drg could use the regal gloves still and DRK could use Ratri body for 10%
[+]
By Taint 2023-10-24 10:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Those old Sandworm bots could see across the zone and report location, probably using one of those.

Our old LS leader would have one mule per zone and it would announce SW popping and location automatically into LS chat.
VIP
By Lili 2023-10-24 10:56:11
Link | Citer | R

As it's been said multiple times, it's entirely possible to manually inject a packet asking for NPC update, and the server will happily send the client an update about the NPC, containing all the current info including current location and state of it.

It's not a matter of "is it possible?", it is and the tools to do it have been available for years. It's a matter that FFXIDB cannot do it because it's an entirely passive addon.

Do note that I do not recommend doing it as it's not a function that the client comes even remotely able to perform, so if they investigate you for speeding and they find that you regularly do this... well, bye.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-24 11:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Those old Sandworm bots could see across the zone and report location, probably using one of those.

Our old LS leader would have one mule per zone and it would announce SW popping and location automatically into LS chat.
I dont think its necessarily seeing across the zone 24/7. Maybe it would, but constantly pinging the server with a NPC update packet seems like a dumb thing to do.

Sounds more like they found its last known location / death location, because for some brilliant reason this information is sent to the client, and when the mob spawns the game provides an update to the last known location, possibly updating with the new location as well. The last part might be wrong about updating with new information, but you can see corpses disappear if you have ASE on.

Also it still cracks me up how the server is just so blindly trusting to the client.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-10-24 13:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Also it still cracks me up how the server is just so blindly trusting to the client.
Common thing in several games.
In FFXIV 2.0 at launch you could generate items from nothing just sending a packet to the server saying you had item <itemID>.

You'd be surprised how many online games had similar issues.

I'm not sure up to which point these types of mistakes happens because of naivety from the devs, or if they try to keep the checks from servers as few as possible to improve server performance and network communication.
I mean a single check might seem like nothing, but if you have to doublecheck every *** bloody thing and you have to do it 10 times a second for 6000 players on the server weeeeell, I can see like that could a problem?

Then again I dunno, I'm not experienced as others when it comes to server<>client infrastructure for MMO games.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-10-24 14:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Taint said: »

I dont think its necessarily seeing across the zone 24/7. Maybe it would, but constantly pinging the server with a NPC update packet seems like a dumb thing to do.

Sounds more like they found its last known location / death location, because for some brilliant reason this information is sent to the client, and when the mob spawns the game provides an update to the last known location, possibly updating with the new location as well. The last part might be wrong about updating with new information, but you can see corpses disappear if you have ASE on.

I agree this is what the sandworm bots were doing, because you would see like 3 people standing close to the dead body.
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-11-04 23:08:02
Link | Citer | R

This is how we normally run our setups depending how drunk we are or if someone takes the night off and we replace with a mule, someone is always dual boxing so 5 humans. We normally kill 6-8

Set up: WAR, SAM, DRG, BRD, COR, WHM

Run to A, do objectives kill A boss. If we see mini nm kill.

Run to B, do objectives kill B boss. If we see mini nm kill.

Run to C, do objectives kill C boss. If we see mini nm kill.

Run to D, do objectives kill D boss. If we see mini nm kill.

We go to E, get Botulus. War provokes and just engages from the front, DRG stuns with Flat Blade or w/e, Sam does Kagero from the back and Cor also does LS from the back.

G we kill with no DD 1 hours.Then do G Objective.

H we kill with DD 1 HR.

If we get lucky with WC, F goes smooth with DD 1 Hours regained, otherwise it's hit or miss.

Then we go do some Nakuals and run around looking for mini nms. I might have missed some details cuz drunk lol
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-20 22:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some info on Aminon mage strat from fellow SCHs.

My group just started working on Aminon farming, we're getting it dead, but slow. I think a big problem is my lack of DMG from Kaustra/Helix. Helix is doing OK, but I can't seem to land a Kaustra over like 17k (3 Rune Rayke/Gambit, Bolstered Indi-INT and GEO-Malaise). Not sure if that's normal and I'm just expecting more, or if people are seeing better numbers.

This is my Kaustra set, staff is stage 4, looking for comparisons or opinions on either some gear or maybe GEO bubble swaps, or if I'm just expecting too much.

ItemSet 389879

Thanks!
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-11-20 23:01:32
Link | Citer | R

Gear looks good, are you using ebullience, focalization, enlightenment, etc? Also make sure impact is on. How many steps SC are you MBing Kaustra on? Also, since you're using prime staff, putting up AM3 would also help
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2023-11-21 05:51:19
Link | Citer | R

kuroki said: »
scholar damage shouldn't make or break the fight. when i ran we didn't use tab on aminon. the key is constant sc going for the blm to burst, though once you get it down you can helix and impact quite often too. credit goes to the ls for this, but try a 3step with sch ominiscience > run seraph blade > cor leaden and alternate that with your blm > cor sc. my gear is worse than yours but i was able to see 10k+ helixes and 15-30k impacts, as well as 10k+ omnis. i'm sure you can see higher numbers.

Could you be more specific? I hadn't heard or read of an Aminion strategy that involves a BLM as the main DPS source. (I've heard of DNC, etc)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-21 08:10:28
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Could you be more specific? I hadn't heard or read of an Aminion strategy that involves a BLM as the main DPS source. (I've heard of DNC, etc)

The site has a search function which, while not amazing, does work. The strategy for Aminon was primarily a nuking one until HM, then most people switched to the melee one you're probably familiar with. Maybe the mage strat is still faster, or maybe it's not viable because of some HM mechanic, that's not entirely clear to me.

Here's a link to a good writeup.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-11-21 09:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »

My group just started working on Aminon farming, we're getting it dead, but slow. I think a big problem is my lack of DMG from Kaustra/Helix. Helix is doing OK, but I can't seem to land a Kaustra over like 17k (3 Rune Rayke/Gambit, Bolstered Indi-INT and GEO-Malaise). Not sure if that's normal and I'm just expecting more, or if people are seeing better numbers.

This is my Kaustra set, staff is stage 4, looking for comparisons or opinions on either some gear or maybe GEO bubble swaps, or if I'm just expecting too much.

ItemSet 389879

Thanks!

ive got Metamor ring +1 beating archon and bunzi r30/ammurapi, but if your participating in the skillchain then the staff isnt really making that large of a difference. I think the highest ive seen on Aminon is 44k Kaustra. Get the BLM involved in a step of the skillchain with Vido. MDB down and more steps in the skillchain the better
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-11-21 10:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

ItemSet 389879

Thanks!

ive got Metamor ring +1 beating archon and bunzi r30/ammurapi, but if your participating in the skillchain then the staff isnt really making that large of a difference. I think the highest ive seen on Aminon is 44k Kaustra. Get the BLM involved in a step of the skillchain with Vido. MDB down and more steps in the skillchain the better

we have the GEO swap acumen to INT for the Kaustra nuke. Coordinate with blm so that you don't get Kaustra walled. Can also do an extended chain. Transfixion => Distortion => Darkness. You can do that with Nocto => Lumino => Seraph. That's an extra 10% damage.

Best I've ever done is about 50k, but it's usually enough.

My normal cadence on the fight is Noctohelix II first, then impact second chain, then Kaustra. Make sure it's quick enough so that you can have RUN Gambit first chain, and Rayke 3rd and have both up for the Kaustra Burst.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-21 10:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all the inputs!

To clarify, am using Ebullience/Enlightenment/Focalization. Staff is part of the SC, we rotate depending on TP/Strategems available. A lot of time it's Omni -> Seraph -> Leaden for the SC or something very similar.

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
we have the GEO swap acumen to INT for the Kaustra nuke.

We are doing Indi-INT and Entrust-Acumen during the Kaustra Nuke.

Asura.Toralin said: »
ive got Metamor ring +1 beating archon

Was a toss up between these two when I was making the set, can do an easy swap to metamorph +1.

kuroki said: »
scholar damage shouldn't make or break the fight..
I'm more just looking to increase the speed. We're still killing it, just slow. A good Kaustra + Helix is an easy 25% of Aminons health (almost) and can shave a lot of time.

Asura.Volteczero said: »
Also make sure impact is on.

We've tried with and without and seen roughly the same dmg with Impact. That being said I think when we tried it w/ Impact I nuked Kaustra too early and walled it a bit. Will try this out again and see how it goes.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-11-21 10:38:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't recommend that honestly, it's pretty important (to me) to have entrust haste on the mages the whole fight for the GEO's sanity.
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-11-21 10:48:30
Link | Citer | R

We usually open with a Death SC to start the damage phase, followed by Tabula and an immediate 5-step Kaustra SC. After Kaustra is up, the next SC is Helix SC and then I get Embrava up. At that point I believe we swap the Haste bubble out (WC is done during Tabula to reset Tabula/Focalization/Enlightenment/Rayke/Gambit/Entrust). Sometime around maybe 50 seconds or so left in Tabula, we prep for the second Kaustra SC.

Once 2nd Kaustra is fired and Tabula is over, it's basically Distortion SC with SCH/RDM when TP allows, solo SCH when it TP isn't ready. SC are spammed as quickly as COR TP allows.

If we get Tabula reset, I prefer to save it for another basement boss rather than make Aminon slightly faster.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-21 10:51:08
Link | Citer | R

I don't recommend that honestly, it's pretty important (to me) to have entrust haste on the mages the whole fight for the GEO's sanity.

During this time we have Haste II and Embrava so we're haste capped. By the time Embrava wears off entrust is back up and we go back to Haste.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-11-21 12:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Fair point. It slows us down so much switching arts I’ve actually stopped putting embrava on honestly. It seems like it wouldn’t take that long, but every time it seems like it’s at least 1 sc window, if not 2 to 3
[+]
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-21 12:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Fair point. It slows us down so much switching arts I’ve actually stopped putting embrava on honestly. It seems like it wouldn’t take that long, but every time it seems like it’s at least 1 sc window, if not 2 to 3

I have to time mine and barely make it in honestly, Generally I'll start a SC with a Luminohelix, have RUN or RDM close. When that SC is going I'll tabula, throw up Embrava (just on backline, RUN gets one later), and by the time I'm done we're rdy for next SC and I move right in to starting the SC for Kaustra. Probably going to swap this so I do Embrava's after Kaustra and time it in a similar fashion afterwards.
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 154 155 156