Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-07-12 06:50:03
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Has anyone killed it AFTER F boss?
Yes, multiple times. Never dropped the Metal.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-12 09:51:41
Link | Citer | R

People simply never ever saw it drop?

Because given how people have been clearing eveyrday even more efficiently those NMs, i feel like none actually cared to have them already
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2023-07-12 10:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Tinfoil hat theory about Ixion that i'm not able to test at the moment.

Has anyone killed it AFTER F boss? Are you supposed to roll over the metal into next runs?

My tinfoil hat theories, has anyone killed it without a GEO bubble on it? (Bringing back Oryx from Reisenjima) Has anyone tried a throwing weapon? Maybe throw that Stygian Ash throwing item you use to claim Dark Ixion in wings of the goddess era? (lol) Maybe you have to kill enough pixies in the zone, then kill Ixion? (since the old stygian ash came from Pixies?
By Taint 2023-07-12 10:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Tinfoil hat theory about Ixion that i'm not able to test at the moment.

Has anyone killed it AFTER F boss? Are you supposed to roll over the metal into next runs?

My tinfoil hat theories, has anyone killed it without a GEO bubble on it? (Bringing back Oryx from Reisenjima) Has anyone tried a throwing weapon? Maybe throw that Stygian Ash throwing item you use to claim Dark Ixion in wings of the goddess era? (lol) Maybe you have to kill enough pixies in the zone, then kill Ixion? (since the old stygian ash came from Pixies?

Lots of kills with no GEO. Tried 6 stepping. Tried full Crit build WAR using MS. Tried no WSing at all.

Its probably tied to the pixies or elementals.
 Cerberus.Gahlek
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Gahlek
By Cerberus.Gahlek 2023-07-12 12:20:41
Link | Citer | R

My tinfoil hat theory is you have to drag it somewhere to kill it, like near the entrance or boss entrance or something.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-07-12 12:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Gahlek said: »
My tinfoil hat theory is you have to drag it somewhere to kill it, like near the entrance or boss entrance or something.

Not discounting the whole theory, but can tell you we've killed it right next to the boss bitzer before because when we aggro it we can't go up. So, at least not there.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-12 12:53:15
Link | Citer | R

My current theory is most damage has to be from AOE spell damage where Ixion is not the primary target (after tulitta pretty much being confirmed that it's AOE WSD where tulitta is not the primary target). Not had a chance to try this yet however.

Cerberus.Gahlek said: »

Drag to blitzer and dematerialize before kill is something I thought too
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-07-12 12:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Isn't Tulitta, kill all the fomors in the block first?

Nevermind, objective has been updated.
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 12:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Its not. Its AOE WS with Tulitta not a main target. And I have same theory for Ixion as Flowen. Tried is yesterday, but my mule GEO was too weak to handle it.

Edit: I'm gonna try today on BLU on my main using Ruspix, unless someone will be faster and can confirm its that or not.
[+]
By K123 2023-07-12 13:01:29
Link | Citer | R

With prime weapons and WAR being OP with Warcry, won't WAR WAR become the best two melee jobs to go with the standard DD DD BRD COR RDM SCH(or WHM)? Gaxe and Gsword primes being better than taking a SAM? Or could SAM+SAM be just as good with one using Shoha and one Fudo?

Also for the manaburn strategy why is BLM so important instead of 3x SCH? Could 3x SCH technically work?
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 13:07:37
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
With prime weapons and WAR being OP with Warcry, won't WAR WAR become the best two melee jobs to go with the standard DD DD BRD COR RDM SCH(or WHM)? Gaxe and Gsword primes being better than taking a SAM? Or could SAM+SAM be just as good with one using Shoha and one Fudo?

Also for the manaburn strategy why is BLM so important instead of 3x SCH? Could 3x SCH technically work?

DRK has very useful Soul Enslavement and SAM Yaegasumi. 2nd warcry is overkill usually. Boss should die in a minute. Its hard to say which DD is best to pair with WAR.

BLM -ja boost the damage and SP helps a lot to deal much better damage on H. In case of 80k 9/9 bosses run BLM is also there for Death.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-12 13:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Not specifically about sortie, but BLM has access to empowered burn, tier 6 and ajas, that is a direct buff to everyone.

Overall, i guess BLM is best dps, and 2 SCH already allow 100% uptime on strategys without tabula. So, i dont see that much contribution to the third SCH
By Phex 2023-07-12 15:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Didnt read yet, so here:
E-boss did not release a single cloud today. (melee lowman, no stage3+ in pt)
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-07-12 17:26:59
Link | Citer | R

How many demisang foes are there?
Anyone have a good strat for clearing D?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-12 17:32:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

This map looks pretty correct and it shows ~87 fomor. I'm not sure if there's a good strat for soloing, maybe a BLU could pull it off but I think it would be pretty tough. If you have more than 2-3 characters though, it's a joke. Buff up and go on a murder spree. Bring a tank or make careful pulls to not aggro 15 at once. They don't hit at all that hard though, and can be de-aggro'd in case of emergency. If you're near a device it's even easier.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-07-12 17:33:26
Link | Citer | R

88 including NM iirc. If you're solo, cleave job probably best like BLU, but honestly if you have 2-3 people you could probably just clear each room quickly and still have time remaining. I think when I did mine we had 3DD COR BRD SCH and cleared it all in about 30 min. More recently did it with 5 people (no trust, someone d/c'd) and did it in about 40 just killing 1 by 1.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-07-12 17:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Take a standard mix in with you, and just keep killing. Its more about just constantly moving than taking in some secret combo of jobs. I would say that having a form of crowd control helps- when my group did our D unlock, I still came BLM and both melee'd and used Breakga to keep things under control. Manawall BLM makes one helluva tank in short bursts. Other viable options could be bringing BLU as a DD/crowd controller- but truly its just about creating a setup that works for your people.
By Dodik 2023-07-12 17:38:40
Link | Citer | R

Phex said: »
Didnt read yet, so here:
E-boss did not release a single cloud today. (melee lowman, no stage3+ in pt)

Regularly does not spawn clouds if killed in about one minute.

Sometimes a puff of pink smoke right at the end, like a fart of death.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-07-12 18:22:55
Link | Citer | R

How well does Blu fare cleaving?
Blu buffed by Cor and Geo?
I remember entomb doing a decent amount of dmg.
By Taint 2023-07-12 18:32:55
Link | Citer | R

BLU for Entomb makes clearing D easy and smooth. They don't sleep so Entomb or Breakga allows you to pull fast and keep it moving.

We've done it a few times for returning players and its about ~40min.
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 19:27:09
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Its not. Its AOE WS with Tulitta not a main target. And I have same theory for Ixion as Flowen. Tried is yesterday, but my mule GEO was too weak to handle it.

Edit: I'm gonna try today on BLU on my main using Ruspix, unless someone will be faster and can confirm its that or not.

Sadly it's not that. Killed with BLU today. 96% of damage including killshot was from Entomb and Tenebral with elementals as main target.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-12 20:31:45
Link | Citer | R

I cleared it after 3 tries. Average setup MNK COR BRD GEO WAR WHM.

Focus on defensive buffs for more aggressive pulls. Starts with 1h so you can have another go near the end. Starts with 5 songs so you can keep them the entire run. Also, allow wild card V to suffice for BRD reset.

As i said focusing on defensive buffs, i kept indi-barrier plus one minne and one manbo always up, with gallant. It allow even my MNK to withstand a 5+ formors aggro.

Another few hints, starts with mazurka bolter and go to the furtest SW room, then work your way north so you gonna end few rooms from blitzer.

Aside that, dont do AoE so you risky exposing your healer. Quickly erase all sort of debuffs, but special attention to aegis-something.

If things get too rough, try to overrun adds while rushing to a teleport. Its not had to escape from those mobs with 18% speed. They do seems a bit slower, so you can even survive aggroing the entire run.

My final try on D was finished with 10 mins to spare.
By K123 2023-07-13 07:02:13
Link | Citer | R

D Fomor clear: SAM SAM BRD COR RDM WHM
Doji 3-4 step each one ASAP, 2 SAM fight one each at a time. Could be any DD that can multistep but SAM TPs the fastest.

RDM can hold a mob or two with Bind and Grav if needed, or be replaced with a tank. A PLD could heal it tbh, no need for WHM.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-07-13 07:17:00
Link | Citer | R

I'd go with RDM with /SCH sj for manifestation bind/grav, and with a Refresh3 on PLD I'm pretty confident he can hold/heal without running out of mp.

If you don't kill them fast and get hit by that move that brings your def close to 0, you can be easily oneshot even with capped DT though.
But in general that's no problem supposing the tank can hold hate.
By SimonSes 2023-07-13 07:30:40
Link | Citer | R

You could pull whole big rooms on 2 BLUs and with Malaise Entomb them down in 2 minutes. Probably 15-20min top to clear everything, maybe less.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-15 16:23:50
Link | Citer | R

I have a question about Esurian Botulus (the E metal sub-boss)
According to BG Wiki we must kill it with a WS from behind while all party members are on its hate list and while all party members are also within 10’ of it.

I did all that, no box. Reset with the device, no box again.
I have now done this 4 times in a row and still got no box.

Am I doing something wrong? It’s really hard to solo farm Dhartok without that metal lol. Is it bugged or is the information still kinda spotty on it?
 Siren.Kruel
Serveur: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-07-15 16:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Killing it from behind doesn't matter.

Maintaining enmity from the front whilst dealing at least 50% of the Botulus HP from behind works every time for me.

The only time I didn't get the KI was like 100 kills ago, when he charmed me early in the fight and I lost my trust tank, so I couldn't keep enmity in front whilst damaging from behind.

He's also charmed me and made me lose my trust tank later in the fight, but after i've dealt at least 50% HP in dmg, KI still dropped with a WS kill from the front.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 151 152 153