Sortie Release - Info

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 154 155 156
By Dodik 2023-06-30 10:48:48
Link | Citer | R

You really want metal for Dhartok when meleeing. Any amount of poison stacks will mean the spit move is a KO. Whm should take those off asap and with divine veil so it doesn't land anymore.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kahraba
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-06-30 13:21:52
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Dodik said: »
You really want metal for Dhartok when meleeing. Any amount of poison stacks will mean the spit move is a KO. Whm should take those off asap and with divine veil so it doesn't land anymore.

We've been killing it lately with melee without metal, everyone spreads so the stacks are spread out, after a couple kills now even whm regen4 is enough to tick us up after, aslong as your dds spread and all cap hate no one gets a deadly level of stacks before it dies.

yea lol its not hard but its just easier to have a rdm seraph blade for Damage wall/balance
By SimonSes 2023-06-30 18:07:44
Link | Citer | R

We've been killing it lately with melee without metal, everyone spreads so the stacks are spread out, after a couple kills now even whm regen4 is enough to tick us up after, aslong as your dds spread and all cap hate no one gets a deadly level of stacks before it dies.

We had two people being one shooted for 3000+ today with metal and 1 sec after poison was applied. There is no such thing like safe level of stacks :)

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-07-07 12:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Had an interesting bug happen yesterday. For some reason, we got the notification for a B chest (Shard) but it didn't spawn where we killed mobs (fire elements). We pressed on and stumbled upon the chest sitting in A near the Acuex.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-07 20:31:06
Link | Citer | R

I had a question about this actually. What exactly are these “Poison Stacks” the BG Wiki is embarrassingly unclear about this and myself as a returning player find it very frustrating to very easily get Dhartok to 4% as MNK/WAR only to get 1-shotted at the very last moment by a 4K~ wave.

I see several successful Dhartok solos by Marutai by BLU and by DRG and the only consistent thing he does is keep the NM out of the clouds. Are the “Poison Stacks” the clouds??? Is it a case of “if the wave hits you while you’re in a cloud, you’re dead”? Or Dhartok being near the cloud period supercharges that move?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, it’s very annoying to be yeeted like that when so close to victory. (It’s nothing but a personal goal really but still)
 Asura.Bynebill
Serveur: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-07-07 20:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Every TP move he uses that applies poison, is counted as a stack, Even if you already have poison on you, using a poison tp move again increases your stack count. Removing poison through status cure resets the stack count.

Stacks may also be accumulated on poison tics rather than application, can't say for sure. In the end, poisona often and he'll never one shot you (if you don't feed him an absorb), hence the importance of the metal.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-07-07 21:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I had a question about this actually. What exactly are these “Poison Stacks” the BG Wiki is embarrassingly unclear about this and myself as a returning player find it very frustrating to very easily get Dhartok to 4% as MNK/WAR only to get 1-shotted at the very last moment by a 4K~ wave.

Buddy I've been trying to clarify these things but unfortunately I don't have a dataset to work with; nobody has quantified how much the poison increases per atk, and as such we also have no way of determining what the threshold is for getting one-shotted.

I can only reword things so much to indicate that that's how things work but without actual numbers to throw in it's all going to be incredibly vague.

Your best bet is to just kill faster or remove poison periodically. Sorry.

edit: and to expound a bit on the threshold thing, it's a matter of how the actual auto-attacks don't inflict poison themselves, so it's hard to really know how they contribute to the poison effect--and that's purely a guess, because my anecdotal observations are that tanks tend to die soonest from those mechanics in melee runs rather than the DD.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-07 21:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Every TP move he uses that applies poison, is counted as a stack, Even if you already have poison on you, using a poison tp move again increases your stack count. Removing poison through status cure resets the stack count.

Stacks may also be accumulated on poison tics rather than application, can't say for sure. In the end, poisona often and he'll never one shot you (if you don't feed him an absorb), hence the importance of the metal.

That’s strange though because literally everything it does applies poison doesn’t it? So the reason Marutai was successful was because he stayed away from the clouds long enough for his trusts to clear poison? As long as poison is off of you if/when the move comes, you’re good?

The video in question:
YouTube Video Placeholder

And to Foxfire, I appreciate wanting to quantify it but simply KNOWING the specific hazard would be much more welcome imo. Would save people like me some frustration at least. Knowing exactly how much power goes to the wave if a “Poison Stack” occurs? Great. Knowing that getting hit with the move if you’re still poisoned may equal death? I’d appreciate that particular bit of information up front lol.

There’s a mountain of potential misinformation on this too, a ton of people I’ve asked on the matter firmly believe the NM has a 4 minute rage timer even though it was successfully soloed by this gentleman twice by very conventional means.

And I wouldn’t Eve need to deal with this at all if literally everyone wasn’t demanding full Empy +3 set or full Nyame R25 before even considering letting you into the group regardless of your job on in shouts lmao. That’s what I get for taking off 3 years *shrug* so now I gotta solo and learn the hard way.
 Asura.Bynebill
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-07-07 22:02:47
Link | Citer | R

As long as poison is off of you if/when the move comes, you’re good?

You can have poison on you, as long as it has recently been cleared, it's either a ramping stack based on poison duration or amount of times it's applied, I can't say for sure. There is an invisible stack counter that accumulates and that is what multiplies the damage to one shot levels of the specific tp moves, Cleansing the poison will reset the multiplier to 0 and they will deal normal damage.

If you are regularly cleansing poison (you have metal and are occas getting a poisona or antidote or w/e) You will not get one shot by the poison mechanic.

The clouds simply give you a stacking mdef down and possibly increase poison stack counter/potency, they will make you take more damage but they aren't a cause of getting one shot. (they also appear to give the boss regen)

Almost every single time I don't get the metal my warrior dies to this boss, even with 1min/sub 1min kill time. Anytime I get the metal I never get one shot, poison is still up most of the fight but I do get occasional poisona removals.

Also not listed on bgwiki but it's poison seems to stack, My warrior generally tanks this and in the few fights without metal that war doesn't die, warrior always seems to be taking a higher per tic damage from the taint than every other char that was sitting on the boss. (unrelated to the one shot poison mechanic but worth mentioning).
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-07 22:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much for the quick replies, this gives me a great deal more clarity on what’s going on and how to keep it from happening any further. Much appreciated Bynebill and Foxfire
By Foxfire 2023-07-07 22:54:10
Link | Citer | R

That’s strange though because literally everything it does applies poison doesn’t it?
So yes and no? This is part of the issue - the AAs don't cause poison, but they might contribute to poison stacking. We don't know this.

And to Foxfire, I appreciate wanting to quantify it but simply KNOWING the specific hazard would be much more welcome imo. Would save people like me some frustration at least. Knowing exactly how much power goes to the wave if a “Poison Stack” occurs? Great. Knowing that getting hit with the move if you’re still poisoned may equal death? I’d appreciate that particular bit of information up front lol.
So I don't know which page you're looking at -- I'm assuming Dhartok since the basement boss is typically the harder fight. And while I haven't worded the process of poison stacks particularly well (because of all this nebulous info on how they're accumulated), there IS a bit that does read:
After sufficient Taint or Poison stacks have been accumulated, Clobbering Wave and Noyade can deal lethal amounts of damage (8000+)
... which I think does answer your question quite directly.

There’s a mountain of potential misinformation on this too, a ton of people I’ve asked on the matter firmly believe the NM has a 4 minute rage timer even though it was successfully soloed by this gentleman twice by very conventional means.
Absolutely not the case. Don't worry about that.

Like byne said though, removing poison resets the mechanic, and any extra damage taken is likely more a result of the mdef down debuff rather than the boss being "supercharged".

I'll try and rework some parts again since they were put on hold back when i first brought it up.

edit again lol: i've updated dhartok's page so hopefully it'll clear things up a bit. let me know (or drop a comment in the talk page) if you have any data, observations or perspectives. thanks
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-08 06:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
i've updated dhartok's page so hopefully it'll clear things up a bit. let me know (or drop a comment in the talk page) if you have any data, observations or perspectives. thanks

Yes that’s MUCH more clearly noted on what’s going on with that NM. Much appreciated.

There’s one last note however, the numbers of Cesspool auras does appear to be limited. In both of Muratai’s videos Dhartoks auras stopped spawning completely around the 14-15 minute mark and he was able to finish the fight in place from there on.

And this could boil down to simple engine limitations (I’ll leave that speculation to someone else) but environmental limitations to prevent crashes/bugs is common in many games.

Edit: Of course, knowing that there’s a limited number of Cloud spawns will not help the average group that would just obliterate Dhartok immediately, this information is more so for people looking to solo for their own odds and ends. It takes up to 15 minutes to squeeze all the clouds out, that’s a very long time in Sortie.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-08 06:31:21
Link | Citer | R

After 15 mins he must have already farted his guts out
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-08 06:41:35
Link | Citer | R

He has enough clouds that he can cover a lot of the arena if you don't stack it up. He definitely runs out of gas and then you can beat him to beat in a corner if it's a slow kill.
By Dodik 2023-07-08 06:44:53
Link | Citer | R

Well, it's true the poison clouds do not appear until 3(?) min into the fight.

All the bosses have timers where things start happening, some more dangerous than others. Dhartok is the most lenient of them, but the clouds do both give him regen and cause drown/mdef down which can one shot you.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-08 12:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Clouds can appear from tp moves after it passes 50%. We usually kill in around a minute and he will have a cloud up.
If you check the video you’ll see clouds popping out as soon as 85% HP~ish. Or did you mean clouds appearing from moves other than Cesspool?

Also, he’s engaged at around 00:25,
Readjusts for the first time at 1:45~ cloud unconfirmed (around 1:20 engaged time)
Moves again and confirmed cloud at 2:11 (around 1:35 engaged time)

So it’s not looking like there’s any time limit before it deploys its Mechanic at you?

Post deleted by User.
By Dodik 2023-07-09 09:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Or did you mean clouds appearing from moves other than Cesspool?

Yes, clouds appearing from TP moves other than cesspool. I believe that's on a timer, no?
 Bahamut.Forutegsx
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Forutegsx 2023-07-10 22:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Get ready if you upgrade to stage 4 prime, sortie gets a lot more fun :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Mischief
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-07-10 23:18:41
Link | Citer | R

Warning:

Unless something is severely glitched, finishing a Stage 4 Prime Weapon makes Aita and Triboulex MUCH harder without increasing the reward gained.

Aita seems to have some sort of trigger for Vivisection outside of time or healing it. It might be tied to debuffs, number of spells cast, Magic Bursts, or something else - we got hit with Vivisection three times with seemingly no warning. The first Vivisection was 1 minute flat after pull, second one was exactly 1 minute after his TP move (Flashflood), but later on our RUN was holding it weak with everyone else away and he wasn't using it. We ended up killing it mostly thanks to Helix zombie, and still only got 10k gallimaufry.

Triboulex seems to use Setting the Stage in response to using the same Immanence spell more than once. The first Skillchain (Immanence Fire -> Immanence Thunder) went fine, then Immanence Fire resulted in an instant Setting that killed everyone. We recovered somewhat (time was running out from the Aita nonsense earlier) and pulled it again, Immanence Thunder instantly triggered Setting again. We timed out shortly after this. I don't know if this is an Onychophora-type mechanic where you have to rotate SCs (except this time it's SC properties that get you in trouble), if you can only use each Skillchain property once, or if something else is going on.

One thing worth noting is that I opened with Oshala on both of them...but I've been doing that with Stage 3 weapon for a month with no issue. There was no message to indicate using the WS made them any harder or anything. We also did Dhartok, and he seemed no different (though I didn't use Oshala on that). We didn't get to Gartell at all tonight. Whatever's going on is definitely tied to Stage 4 Prime weapons though, as I ran an 8/8 boss run with a group without any Stage 4s earlier today with zero issues.

Making the basement bosses this much worse because you made a Stage 4 prime weapon is bad enough, but not even increasing the rewards is just...
[+]
By Weeew 2023-07-10 23:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Maybe when you wiped you needed to re-tag it with a stage 4 prime hit or WS to get the bonus? Hoping for guarenteed +1 case lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-10 23:25:21
Link | Citer | R

That doesn't bode well. I hope it's a bug. In SE's twisted state of balance though I could see them thinking that this is a valid price for allowing the NMs to drop the stage 5 stones...
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-07-10 23:32:18
Link | Citer | R

just a theory, but what if that's the *** from may's patch notes

Quote:
Certain Sortie notorious monsters now behave differently depending on the stage of the Prime Weapon you are carrying.
 Asura.Bynebill
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-07-10 23:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
Certain Sortie notorious monsters now behave differently depending on the stage of the Prime Weapon you are carrying.

Always took that as SE's poor ability to express the fact that the bosses drop the -dite item related to current prime stage you're on.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-07-10 23:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm fully aware - we all did. Just throwing something out into the void here.
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 154 155 156