Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-05-17 11:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm gonna ask them if they listen to Metallica's Kill 'em all

Clearly not, as they only have 1 Horseman, Odin, instead of the Four Horsemen. But they gave us a new chocobo, who I've nicknamed Motorbreath as he gave me Whiplash while riding to Ifrit's Cauldron to Jump In The Fire. After showing No Remorse to the Phantom Lord, I decided to Hit The Lights and call it a day, because trying to please people in a 20 year old game is like Pulling Teeth.

Original Horsemen was Tanaka.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Briko
Serveur: Asura
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-05-17 12:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Two part question:

Can we incorporate pankration into the acquisition of emperyom +3. And if so, could we use food effects to enhance our monsters, for example cheese sandwiches.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-17 13:10:09
Link | Citer | R

I want party setups to include crafting mid battle. In particular I want to include 2 carpenters and a blacksmith with synergy into ranged strats to build the Rangers Trebuchets.

They'll still deal less damage than Naegling Spam, though.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 13:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Man do you work for SE now or you just *** kissing? Cant believe how happy you are over this garbage

Who said I'm happy with it? I'm completely neutral. I got about what I was expecting. I'm just irritated by how much people cry here as you are irritated by lack of bigger announcement, so I'm only keeping it balanced :)

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Good thing is, no one asked you to take him seriously! ^____^ I had no idea you worked for SE to answer his questions and tell him what to ask or so...

I don't tell him what to ask or to do. I simply commented his post. This is what forum is for. I respect that both ways and don't feel bad if people are commenting my posts.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-17 17:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
"Only 30-40% profit? Pft. Please. Your days are numbered."
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-17 18:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Man do you work for SE now or you just *** kissing? Cant believe how happy you are over this garbage
he's entered the denial stage of grief, one that you just recently exited and moved to acceptance
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 18:44:04
Link | Citer | R

GetHelpNerd said: »
he's entered the denial stage of grief, one that you just recently exited and moved to acceptance

Your theory makes no sense at all. Denial of what and grief about what? I simply accepted the fact, that the game is in between maintenance and slow/low development modes. They see no potential in making drastic and expensive updates, so only things we will get is story expansions like TVR and new events that will mostly reuse some things and new gear. I also understand that they stll mostly make this game in big corpo style (slow, with full chain of development), even when they have few people working on it and changing it to indie approach could be much better, but it's not SE way of doing things.

So you are saying that being realistic and not having overhyped expectations is form of grief? :)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-05-17 19:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Where are our lvl 99 COP rings we were promised years ago
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-18 02:26:12
Link | Citer | R

A new challenger approaches!

https://reddit.com/r/finalfantasy11/comments/us1imh/announcing_an_unofficial_ama_without_the_ffxi_dev/
[+]
By Aoibhe 2022-05-18 02:42:53
Link | Citer | R

*** cringe.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-18 05:02:52
Link | Citer | R

This 20th Anniversary debacle and latest interviews have been an eye opener for me, forcing us to sit though a fully Japanese stream for 5 long hours and give us nothing but overpriced merch as a finale was an impressive display of contempt for an audience they knew were expecting something more.

XI at this point has been effectively merged into XIV operations fully, for financial and player numbers reasons. What this means is that for all intents and purposes we are now classed as being ff14 players on financial reports and in every other way that matters now. These games are not separate anymore, they are one and the same.

FFXIV has around 300-400k (being very generous) actual real players worldwide (outside of free access when they reactivate all the dead accounts to pretend it has more), adding 30-40k to that from XI is something no mmorpg producer would ever turn away from. Added to that we are have a very high profit margin because we get barely any content since they fired most of the staff, it's a genius business move to make the flagship title look better than it actually is.

At this point I would bet XI doesn't even have a budget allocation at all anymore as it used to from Square Enix, and instead we are funded directly from the XIV budget by Yoshida instead. Since almost all of the money XI makes is pure profit, this means XIV makes a huge profit using XI as a puppet for it's own financial gain on reports.

To be clear this doesn't mean XIV gets more money for content, it all goes to profits in XIVs name is all (just as most of the money XIV makes does too, because they do the bare minimum there to keep you paying there too) because Yoshida is fixated with profits and gaining power in Square Enix off its back. Can't blame him, it's working since he is on the board of directors now.

If you check all the financial reports, XI hasn't been listed at all for years and he barely ever mentions it (which normally it would have to be if it was funded as a separate entity). While Dragon Quest 10 is, this is becasue they have absorbed XI into XIV and now think of it as part of XIV operations. This is also why they get to copy and paste anything they want from XI anytime they want with complete freedom, because it's part of XIV anyway now. They can do whatever they want with the assets from this game, old and new.

What this means is that XI is never going to shut down as long as we refuse to move to XIV, at least as long as Yoshida is in charge. His rampant ego will never be able to take a 40k player drop and millions of dollar loss in one financial quarter to his precious. However it also means XI is never going to get anything above the bare minimum now because really there is nobody in charge of it at a financial level that cares about it.

This reddit AMA is also a complete waste of everyone's time, don't even bother putting thought into asking serious questions because you already know they will give the same garbage no answer nonsense they put 5 seconds thought into as they always do. Here is a summary of all the replies they will give: "no", "we have no plans", "we are unable to do that", "I like cheese sammiches best"
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-18 05:17:11
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Reddit AMA end note, if you missed it:

Quote:
There is one last caveat however, and that is a list of a few common repeat topics which will not be permitted. Please do not ask about the following as they are decided/commented upon or not happening:

The canceled FFXI Mobile project.
Crowd sourcing improvements to the game.
Graphical overhaul / 60 FPS / Engine upgrade.
A new expansion pack.
Offline version.
Level 75 aka "Classical Server".

Lets have fun with this.
Nah, that's from the other AMA that might actually be worth reading.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-18 05:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough, but it might as well be there because we all know it's how it will play out anyway.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-05-18 07:38:30
Link | Citer | R

This is also why they get to copy and paste anything they want from XI anytime they want with complete freedom, because it's part of XIV anyway now. They can do whatever they want with the assets from this game, old and new.

Getting mad at someone for using something they own seems a bit petty, no? Besides the fact that the vast majority of visuals in the game are unique to XIV (especially as of late), assets "taken" from XI are usually done so for the nostalgia and from what I've seen, typically given higher polycounts, better texture resolution, and additional texture channels (bump, displacement, etc.).

I get that you're frustrated with the lack of commitment to the future of XI and you want something to be the target of your anger, but putting all the blame on XIV and Yoshida personally is pretty misplaced. The guy loses sleep (and sometimes weight) whenever a snafu happens in XIV, and accepts all of the responsibility for it in his communications to the community. If you've seen or heard him at all, it doesn't take long to realize that XIV is important to him personally. By that same token, he must hold XI with some level of esteem because, to my knowledge, he has only ever spoken of XI with respect, as something that should be preserved.

Square Enix as a company has been making a lot of bad decisions lately, ones that Yoshida would only be able to influence in part, and the only visibly successful large venture in recent years has been the relaunch and continuation of XIV with him and his team at the helm. If you want to use assumption to assign a specific target for your ire, at least go with someone who has a higher potential to be responsible for the bad decisions and a recent track record for saying questionable stuff.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-18 07:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
This is also why they get to copy and paste anything they want from XI anytime they want with complete freedom, because it's part of XIV anyway now. They can do whatever they want with the assets from this game, old and new.

Getting mad at someone for using something they own seems a bit petty, no? Besides the fact that the vast majority of visuals in the game are unique to XIV (especially as of late), assets "taken" from XI are usually done so for the nostalgia and from what I've seen, typically given higher polycounts, better texture resolution, and additional texture channels (bump, displacement, etc.).

I get that you're frustrated with the lack of commitment to the future of XI and you want something to be the target of your anger, but putting all the blame on XIV and Yoshida personally is pretty misplaced. The guy loses sleep (and sometimes weight) whenever a snafu happens in XIV, and accepts all of the responsibility for it in his communications to the community. If you've seen or heard him at all, it doesn't take long to realize that XIV is important to him personally. By that same token, he must hold XI with some level of esteem because, to my knowledge, he has only ever spoken of XI with respect, as something that should be preserved.

Square Enix as a company has been making a lot of bad decisions lately, ones that Yoshida would only be able to influence in part, and the only visibly successful large venture in recent years has been the relaunch and continuation of XIV with him and his team at the helm. If you want to use assumption to assign a specific target for your ire, at least go with someone who has a higher potential to be responsible for the bad decisions and a recent track record for saying questionable stuff.

Just don't bother his mind is set that XIV is the devil.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-18 07:49:02
Link | Citer | R

FFXIAH try not to complain about XIV for one page challenge (impossible).

I’d ask when we’re going to move to a true maintenance mode and how far they’d take it.

I think things like permanent EXP/capacity campaigns and the Abyssea/VW light events wouldn’t harm much.
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-18 07:51:17
Link | Citer | R

Shkj said: »
How can people be so gullible regarding that Yoshida guy? He doesn't care about XIV nor its players, he released one of the laziest FF of all. The game has no soul at all, it's only and exclusively made and thought to milk players as much as possible with the least amount of work possible.
XIV and Yoshida are clearly, at least partly and lately heavily, to blame for XI's state.
He's one of the worst thing that happened to the licence, as a video game licence.
He's a PR machine and nothing else, period.

Bro, Endwalker was so bad it's not funny. The most absurd and disappointing finale to any story ever. Literally The Last Jedi - The Expansion Pack.

Everything else you said about 14 is on point. The raids are fun and I like the earlier dungeons back when they were still trying but it gets old so fast.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-05-18 07:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
I think things like permanent EXP/capacity campaigns and the Abyssea/VW light events wouldn’t harm much.

That thought has crossed my mind several times since Monday. Most of the campaigns feel like QoL improvements to offset garbage RNG for old content that needs some catch-up TLC for new and returning players anyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nuggy
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nuglah
By Bahamut.Nuggy 2022-05-18 07:59:16
Link | Citer | R

The dev team is so socially awkward and weird. It feels like they are being forced to interact with us against their will lol. This won’t go well or alleviate any of the bitterness over the 20th anniversary. There is a real lack of foresight here they’ve demonstrated over and over.
It started with the wardrobes. It doesn’t matter if you think charging for them is fair or not, anyone with a speck of foresight would have foreseen the controversy they would cause and giving one or two of the six wardrobes away for free would have probably been enough to side-step the controversy entirely.
Then it was the 20th anniversary. How could they not see the disappointment a mile away? Literally all I hoped for was a freaking CP or EP ring. They should have tempered expectations and nipped rumors of an “expansion” or other large content drops in the bud early on. Is it dumb to expect a 20 year old game to get an HD remake or a new expansion almost 10 years after its last expansion? Yes. Yes, it is. But there were people who were expecting this and a smart PR team would know the importance of shutting these rumors down to avoid future backlash. But everything has to be a big secret with this game because the devs are such weirdos.
And now we have a Reddit AMA. I don’t need a crystal ball to know it’s going to be a cringey disaster that will only further the divide between devs and players because they won’t answer any of the questions people actually care about. Is the adaman hauberk blue or purple? Why did you let us believe the crafting compass was a thing for 15+ years?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-18 08:09:13
Link | Citer | R

FFXIAH try not to complain about XIV for one page challenge (impossible).
It's like Godwin's Law: a matter of "when", not "if".

reductio ad Yoshidum
[+]
By Matic 2022-05-18 08:12:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
forcing us to sit though a fully Japanese stream for 5 long hours

haha, joke's on you, I was able to overpower the Yakuza team that SE sent to my house, so I didn't have to watch!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-18 08:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »

That thought has crossed my mind several times since Monday. Most of the campaigns feel like QoL improvements to offset garbage RNG for old content that needs some catch-up TLC for new and returning players anyway.

At this point, the Abyssea proc system should just be abolished. Make everything 100%, KIs and pop items. Keep the 1-2 drop rate on the Empyrean items if you really must, but would it actually hurt that much to make them drop 3-4 at a time?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-18 08:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Give me a double ichor/nyzul token campaign you cowards
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-18 08:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Give me a double ichor/nyzul token campaign you cowards

Should be a permanent thing too. Add both to copper vouchers while you’re at it.
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2022-05-18 08:38:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I want party setups to include crafting mid battle. In particular I want to include 2 carpenters and a blacksmith with synergy into ranged strats to build the Rangers Trebuchets.

So, you want XIV 1.0's Hamlet defense?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-18 08:39:52
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Dammit, did I just compliment XIV without ever having played it? Its ok, I'll wait patiently until the Shantotto Black Ops team gets here to take care of me, I knew the rules....
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2022-05-18 08:49:47
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »

Could also want Final Fortnite XI Battle Royale content.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-05-18 09:44:40
Link | Citer | R

All the recent interviews have confirmed something that I've assumed to be true for a while: There are no content development limitations. This was an excuse that was thrown around for a very long time as to why we couldn't have nice things. The real limitation is there are no developers and no budget.

Unfortunately, I think demystifying this aspect will serve only the purpose of demotivating the community of strong supporters that remains to keep propping up the game. Inevitably it will end.

People here *** and moan about everything, but at the end of the day, we all spend 16-27 USD/month or more for multi-boxers to play mindless repetitive content because we love the flexibility of the original game design. It feels like a complete lack of respect to ignore those people willing to pay that money yet provide no resolution to the problems with the game.

• Be bad or use Naegling

• Commit to running Odyssey like a job, or miss out on some of the best pieces of gear ever added to the game.

• Leave your friends behind because playing with them is so much extra work when it comes to Odyssey

• Endlessly grind Omen because the base acquisition rate of cards is unfortunate. Oh, but here you go on those scales everyone needed...

• Most old content is just abandoned. Why is there a JP midnight reset on a single Remnants pass?

• I think most people wish equipsets were slightly more functional. I'm tired of GearSwap/AshitaCast. I spend more time programming than playing. Which is both a benefit and a nasty temptation.

All that said, I remain hopeful that the future of the game will not be as limited as we suspect. Maybe prime weapons will bring with them brand-new weaponskills that can be thrown to the wayside for Naegling/Savage Blade. Maybe we'll end up with a new master trial as well that makes use of all these R30 Nyame, Empyrean +3, etc. Our only options are to quit and inevitably shut the game down, or to remain hopeful.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28