January 2022 Version Update
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-11 15:30:28
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
What drops you need from Reisenjima

Geriond already mentioned one in Ahosi Leggings. The staff from Onychophora (I tossed a while ago, I still need) is still decent. Arjuna Breeches is a FC legs that BST, SAM, and PLD can use without having to use DM augments or a non iLvl piece (and comes with 4 PDT). I guess if you don't have a good Drain III scythe, the one from Teles is serviceable.

Mostly see people using this to try to get free Telos Earring/Reiki Yotai, though. I would expect to see shouts to buy someone's brew just for that situation, so you don't have to rely on mercs forming, as it can be done solo.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-11 15:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The staff from Onychophora (I tossed a while ago, I still need) is still decent.

The main pros imo of this staff is that it can be used by many jobs (as only ilvl 119 staff), so you can Shell Crusher on THF or DNC with /war or /drg for example. So that would be good idea yeah.

Arjuna Breeches is a FC legs that BST, SAM, and PLD can use without having to use DM augments or a non iLvl piece (and comes with 4 PDT).

Im not convinced. PLD can make easy 6% FC on Odyssean legs and in general you shouldn't be hit in FC gear (unless I guess you don't use Gearswap, but then you would probably need to wear sird legs for BLU spells and enmity legs for Flash), so 8% on Enif is just much better.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-11 16:00:36
Link | Citer | R

I forgot about PLD on Odyssean legs. Scratch that, but the point still applies elsewhere. FC/PDT legs that are basically "free" for jobs that don't normally get FC legs.

It is funny people say "you shouldn't be hit in FC set" but I can't count how many times people died in the "wrong set" and they use gearswap. I personally do not, so it applies to me a lot. Different strokes.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 16:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sudra said: »
I don’t know if I would want to buy someone else’s brew. You would have to rely on them having some gear to be able to actually kill the monster still. Just because you have a brew doesn’t mean you can go in naked.

The funny thing about brew, even though you have 999 int mnd chr (agi). You STILL can't fully resist debuffs. Stun and Charm and Terror etc (or even fully evade attacks agi)

Brewed a WOC once a hundred years ago, the jumps still had 100% stun procs I recall being -VERY- pissed off about that.

Son of a *** spams jump and your brew burns ~3 seconds each time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-11 17:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Finally an update that didn’t overwrite my font and icon dats. Best update in months.

Just wait, next month they'll change the shade of a single icon :D
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-01-11 17:38:19
Link | Citer | R

I am wondering if some of the text log errors were fixed in this update, causing the huge number of files (one text file per zone).

If someone can check this error it would be great:

Battle Log

When you use a Blood pact: Rage that heals the target, the chat message instead show that the healed is the actor of the blood pact.
Example: Ramuh uses Volt Strike. Ramuh recovers 15634 HP.
Note: Probably affects all pets
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-01-11 18:10:49
Link | Citer | R

It is funny people say "you shouldn't be hit in FC set" but I can't count how many times people died in the "wrong set" and they use gearswap. I personally do not, so it applies to me a lot. Different strokes.

People using gearswap stuck in midcast set and dying, yes, plenty!

People using gearswap dying in a precast set? Highly unlikely.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 18:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Balduran said: »

I mean. I've seen morons ws right as a tp move starts. I've seen morons convert right when a tp move starts. Never underestimate stupid. It's hard to do but a moron can overcome any odds to show off their dipshittery. You say a precast set is on for fractions of a second and they reply "hold my beer" or "watch this", whichever you prefer.

(sometimes it's because they're spamming it and they're mashing into and out of precast attempting to cast a spell/ja on cooldown with an improperly configured gearswap)((lag too obviously, dropped packets etc))
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-11 18:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Aren't (properly made) pre-casts in that set for literally zero seconds, not just a fraction of a second?
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2022-01-11 18:33:07
Link | Citer | R

I'd be more impressed with someone dying in their precast set than winning Mboze v20 off the first 5 people that join them in an Asura shout group.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 18:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Aren't (properly made) pre-casts in that set for literally zero seconds, not just a fraction of a second?

Properly made is a very important keyword(s).

Asura.Biglovin said: »
I'd be more impressed with someone dying in their precast set than winning Mboze v20 off the first 5 people that join them in an Asura shout group.

You might not even have to look that hard to find a pld screenshot dead from supertanking trying to cast (any) spell. "caught" in "the wrong set" (precast) Proving gearswap though would be a challenge.
By SimonSes 2022-01-11 18:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I mean. I've seen morons ws right as a tp move starts. I've seen morons convert right when a tp move starts. Never underestimate stupid. It's hard to do but a moron can overcome any odds to show off their dipshittery. You say a precast set is on for fractions of a second and they reply "hold my beer" or "watch this", whichever you prefer.

No he means that afaik GS sends precast and midcast in the same packet, so I think that means you cant even be hit in precast, unless some horrible lag will happen (maybe even not then?). It has also nothing with anyone being stupid, same as WSing or casting in wrong moment doesn't need to be (especially in FFXI, where lags might delay your action few seconds). You like to use offensive words about people tho, so what you wrote doesn't surprise me a bit (I know he blocked me, so he wont see this response, but idc, maybe it's gonna be useful info for someone else :P)
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-11 18:41:09
Link | Citer | R

I’ve had a couple of characters die during laggy moments in DynaD and they were wearing their fc sets on their corpses. I figure it requires the kind of weird server throughput “lag” that you see in instanced zones in order to happen but it seems like it can. They were using some really basic luas so it wouldn’t be due to skipping miscast swaps due to bad logic.

I’ve also seen a character get “stuck” in their FC set in Dyna without dying. Had to reload gearswap to fix it.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-11 18:57:17
Link | Citer | R

I apologize for derailing. Made a random point from something Simon said, didn't intend to get into a technical debate besides the point. My larger point was that the Reisenjima HELM gear still has some (albeit niche/minor) use. Not saying it's the greatest option, but a use for the brew.

Carry on with the January 2022 Update discussion
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-01-11 18:57:55
Link | Citer | R

I suspect that if you drop the "spell started casting" packet element, the casting animation fails to play and you won't see any cues on screen that your spell is casting. This might lead you to believe that your command didn't go off when in fact the spell is casting already like it should be (you just can't see it). If you try casting again during this window, you could get caught in precast.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2022-01-11 21:24:52
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth, I tested this at length because I didn't believe people that said Precast sets are never technically equipped for any 'time' in the game client. 3 months ago, I was the person insisting it was impossible for a gearset to have effect without any moment of time existing within equipping/swapping it.

tl;dr they were correct.

The only way to have a precast set ever checked by a mob, is if you hit your macro more than once (so it applies the pre-cast after the original midcast set was equipped, and then no action occurs to update the set, because you're in midcast and it won't update until post-cast.

The second way to FORCE this error, is by sending so many "packets" at once, that the gear changes literally get cut, altering the command. For example, the game can handle (I forget the real number) 256 commands per packet, if you send 300, the final 44 don't register, so if that split lies within your pre/mid cast or ability, you're sol.

This can be tested and proven by hopping onto PLD, using ZERO SIRD in your precast set, 105% in your midcast set, grabbing as many mobs as you desire (I used mandies/chigoes) and casting incredibly long spells (I used Teleports). The only time I could ever force an interupt, was by spamming the macro repeatedly to the point in which I was breaking the limit of the packets the client could sent to the server, or whatever.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 21:32:23
Link | Citer | R

(sometimes it's because they're spamming it and they're mashing into and out of precast attempting to cast a spell/ja on cooldown with an improperly configured gearswap)((lag too obviously, dropped packets etc))
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-01-12 02:22:53
Link | Citer | R

The funny thing about brew, even though you have 999 int mnd chr (agi). You STILL can't fully resist debuffs. Stun and Charm and Terror etc (or even fully evade attacks agi)

Yuuuuup, good warning. Kouryu can definitely petrify you, made my brew fight on RDM tonight a very close call. Bring a Mirror's Tonic temp item.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-01-12 02:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Having equipviewer is great for the horrendous lag in odyssey where your gear doesn’t swap correctly 75% of the time. That has saved me I don’t know how many times from being in my midcast gear when I shouldn’t be.

Absolutely, and GearSwap LUAs configured with a refresh bound key that does [Update Current Gear / Report Current Status] are an incredible benefit for these situations (Lamia removing equip too), many are set with F12 as the default refresh key. (Thank you so much Motenten / Arislan)

Cpu said: »
I’ve had a couple of characters die during laggy moments in DynaD and they were wearing their fc sets on their corpses. I figure it requires the kind of weird server throughput “lag” that you see in instanced zones in order to happen but it seems like it can. They were using some really basic luas so it wouldn’t be due to skipping miscast swaps due to bad logic.

I’ve also seen a character get “stuck” in their FC set in Dyna without dying. Had to reload gearswap to fix it.

This is happened to me before but I discovered that some spells were assigned to FC in midcast as well, a mistake from my part.

I apologize for derailing. Made a random point from something Simon said, didn't intend to get into a technical debate besides the point. My larger point was that the Reisenjima HELM gear still has some (albeit niche/minor) use. Not saying it's the greatest option, but a use for the brew.

Carry on with the January 2022 Update discussion

It's all good, some useful points were raised and shared, so no harm done and everyone benefits!
[+]
By shastax 2022-01-12 06:33:48
Link | Citer | R

The main pros imo of this staff is that it can be used by many jobs (as only ilvl 119 staff), so you can Shell Crusher on THF or DNC with /war or /drg for example. So that would be good idea yeah.

Even better, any job at M20 can now sub certain jobs like /WAR and have access to shell crusher without even any staff skill gear.
By SimonSes 2022-01-12 12:21:36
Link | Citer | R

shastax said: »

Even better, any job at M20 can now sub certain jobs like /WAR and have access to shell crusher without even any staff skill gear.

WAR have access to Shell Crusher at 56lv, so you still need some staff skill. You won't need at ML35 tho.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 12:46:50
Link | Citer | R

shastax said: »

WAR have access to Shell Crusher at 56lv, so you still need some staff skill. You won't need at ML35 tho.

Should be 53 with 8 staff merits and ML20 with a level 53 Warrior or dragoon sub
By DaneBlood 2022-01-12 13:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Cpu said: »

It requires people button mashing and using a non optimal gearswap

We already have people test this that refused to believe the precast and midtcast swapping happens in the same time nucleus

he was able to produce tons of issue with getting into aftercast ( button masshing) but once he did not button mash on a bad gearswap script not a single issue

You have to remember you observation is not isolated to gearswap. You observation includes the dummy that was controlling the character and just because they mess up something does not mean that its the something that is not working.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-12 14:03:08
Link | Citer | R

confirming again that precast and midcast should be in the same udp packet, and since the server processes the entire packet before doing anything else, you cannot be hit in precast gear

the main exception is, as mentioned, if you inject so many instructions('packets') that they cannot all fit in one udp packet, windower or ashita may split them into two and that would break it

ashita's limit is far higher than double or even triple pressing a macro is able to cause, windower has a lower limit and will do this with as few as two full precast-action-midcast swaps in a packet interval(not sure if they set it lower for a reason, measure in #/instructions instead of bytes, or why exactly)
[+]
 Odin.Dirac
Serveur: Odin
user: DiracOdin
By Odin.Dirac 2022-01-12 20:26:32
Link | Citer | R

If UDP packets are sent at fixed intervals, it's possible for the precast equipset and action chunks to be split across the time boundary into different UDP packets. If you then have an evil ISP like Comcast they could intentionally re-order or randomly delay the packets. I have done some testing and the 0x15 packets do seem to be sent at 403ms intervals average, varying between 386 and 452ms. Lately I've set up my luas to align spell casting to the start times of the 0x15 packets and I've had good results for the past few weeks in even the laggiest Dynamis instances.