January 2022 Version Update
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-01-11 08:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Trig said: »
So can anyone clarify what the point of the relic job shard ki's are?

so you know which job you have cleared relic to +3 for without consulting Aurix. Only works for those you've cleared 4/4 for though.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-11 08:27:49
Link | Citer | R

They are collectors items! *hordes for mastery rank*
 Asura.Bulbafett
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Bulbafett 2022-01-11 08:44:40
Link | Citer | R

I was told there would be M.Level increases. I feel robbed
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-11 08:48:17
Link | Citer | R

It was pretty clear from the preliminary notes that there would NOT have been further Mlevel increases, it was actually even discussed over these boards.

Maybe february, maybe even further ahead, but clearly not in the january patch.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-01-11 08:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Pve said: »
Guyford said: »
The best thing about this update is I can shout 21266 in autotranslate.

The screenshot shows the weapon retaining its name, it's just the number listed in inventory...

Emergency maintenance incoming

EDIT: I tested swaps, it equips the relic gun no issues. So nothing game-breaking at least (for now?)
Best part about this is that 21266 isn't even the ID for any version of Anni. That's Gastraphetes... Clearly, the intern is drunk.

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21266/gastraphetes
[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2022-01-11 09:25:15
Link | Citer | R

For the Primeval Brew - When speaking with Shiftrix you are given the Brew unprompted before anything else; it appears within the Temp Item space of your inventory. Also for science, I did leave and re-enter Reisenjima, and the Brew was still present. It does not appear within Abyssea's Temp Items.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-11 09:26:33
Link | Citer | R

It's the same as the normal brew you can buy from him, given as an apology for the players that lost their own brew to the glitch they mentioned.

You can't use it for clears, so it's only really useful for getting an item you want from Kouryu or something, or maybe to help preserve a Mireu streak.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-11 09:30:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm still wondering what is the Brew purpose in Escha/Reisen zones?
I mean it can make killing a rare NM pretty easy (possible multiple of them since you can kill in succession) but it doesn't count for Aeonic Kills.
And if you're not killing those high tier NMs for the Aeonic then what for?

I guess... for farming augmentable bodies? Maybe? But with 11mils Slit per Brew it doesn't sound like something that's really accessible or worth it or... I dunno please someone enlighten me, I'm sure I must be missing something.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-11 09:37:18
Link | Citer | R

For drops. The HELMs have a few attractive items still (and several more that were attractive back when they were released), and back then the Reisenjima T3s weren't trivial either. You could use it to farm a Reiki Yotai, or an Oranyan, or Ahosi Leggings, etc.

The price was high enough that very few people did, but that was the idea.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 09:43:12
Link | Citer | R

I still wonder if you can cheese with the brew by brewing to 1% and letting brew run out or having the brewer exit the battle. Then killing.

If the battles are coded to not count during brew vs invalid if brew is ever active it would be a neat bug. Not particularly useful just neat.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-11 09:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I still wonder if you can cheese with the brew by brewing to 1% and letting brew run out or having the brewer exit the battle. Then killing.

If the battles are coded to not count during brew vs invalid if brew is ever active it would be a neat bug. Not particularly useful just neat.

Don't quote me on this but I remember them saying that if a brew was used on the fight at all the NM wouldn't count, but I have no actual proof of this, so who knows.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-01-11 09:47:10
Link | Citer | R

This would be the perfect opportunity to check!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 09:53:45
Link | Citer | R

I had brought it up a long time ago and someone may have looked into it, I just don't recall
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-01-11 12:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Since there were so many small changes to the descriptions across so many items, I decided to grab the text from the BG page and parse the changes into a format that's easier to read for comparison purposes. In case anyone else might find that useful, you can check out the link or similar information in the spoiler section.

TL;DR:
Most of the changes are removing the space between Magic Damage and its numerical value or wrapping Magic Atk. Bonus in double quotes.

Note:
It appears that the normal space character before "occasionally" in the Barrage Turbine's description and after "burden" in the descriptions for the Eraser and Heat Capacitor were replaced with either a full-width space or a new-line character. In game, the effect is the same as it pushes the following text to a new line. For the spoiler section, the diff check used to generate the content was low effort (I grabbed an existing JavaScript library), and it sees the characters as different since it's set to be aware of the whitespace as well. Due to the text formatting, it looks like the single space was replaced with two spaces; however, if you select the space, you can see it's a single character.

https://www.diffchecker.com/5bDFBEgU

[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-01-11 13:13:07
Link | Citer | R

What’s the best method of using a Brew? Going to 9 with a few different pop items, and going from one ??? To the next? Also, put magical WS still be the best option?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 13:18:02
Link | Citer | R

Suppose you still get the best deeps out of a continually chaining ws like Aeolian or Jinpu

If everything is going to 99k then the ones that make constant skillchains win by default and yeah 9 at reisenjima so that you can pop faster than a single respawn allows.
By SimonSes 2022-01-11 13:31:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
What’s the best method of using a Brew? Going to 9 with a few different pop items, and going from one ??? To the next? Also, put magical WS still be the best option?

Why would you want to use brew tho? You need some drop from WoC?

EDIT: You mentioned 9, so I assume you mean Reisenjima? What drops you need from Reisenjima, bodies for augment? I would maybe pop all 3 NMs at once then and use AoE I think.
By Guyford 2022-01-11 13:47:16
Link | Citer | R

You can't start 2 reisen fights at once
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-11 14:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
Also for science

Yes!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 14:06:00
Link | Citer | R

No one Someone did that I couldn't see. But you can pop the next a couple seconds faster at 9 than any other pop because of the proximity.

There's that ~10 second delay from death to respawn but at 9 you can pop at a different ??? instantly (which matters with a brew running)
By Mrxi 2022-01-11 14:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah he did, see 1 post above
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 14:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »

Is he, simon, cause I blocked that ***
By Mrxi 2022-01-11 14:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Yes, maybe you shouldn't because he corrects everything you post.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-11 14:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Pedantically argues things I didn't say, yes, he do be doin that.

Correcting, not so much. as you can see he was just incorrect. More concerned with um actuallying his way into any post before someone else than actually reading whats there or the topic it's in.
By Mrxi 2022-01-11 14:15:16
Link | Citer | R

Lol yea its like he targets anything you say and tries to inflate his ego with it or something
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-11 15:06:20
Link | Citer | R

This coming from you, feels like satisfying accomplishment :D
By SimonSes 2022-01-11 15:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Haven't known that (obviously haven't ever tried). Thanks for correction :)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-01-11 15:10:46
Link | Citer | R

Does clicking an Nov still pause buff countdowns? If so, you could kill AV on an AA island, then click the portal, and have a party member pop the next and pull it close to the portal
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-11 15:12:54
Link | Citer | R

No, they fixed that like 8 years ago.